75 Critical Thinking Essay Topics
Critical thinking requires students to think for themselves, question everything, and look at both sides of an issue before coming to a conclusion. In critical thinking essay writing, these same skills are applied to examine a topic more closely. In this type of essay, the writer must not only present their own opinion on the subject but must also back it up with evidence and reasoning.
Critical thinking essays can be challenging to write depending on the topic, course, and length of the assignment. However, there are some tips and tricks that can make the process a little bit easier. Take a look at our detailed guide breaking down the components of an excellent critical thinking essay, and consider using any of our 75 critical thinking essay topics at the end to get started.
Essential Things to Consider When Writing a Critical Thinking Essay
When writing a critical thinking essay, students must look past surface-level information and delve deeper into the subject matter. This requires a lot of research and analysis, which can be tough for some students. However, if you take the time to plan your essay and follow these tips, you should be able to write a great critical thinking essay that will impress your instructor.
1. Do Your Research
Before you can start writing your essay, you need to make sure that you have enough evidence to support your claims. This means doing a lot of research on your topic. Try to find reliable sources from experts in the field that you can use to back up your points. Once you have gathered all of your evidence, you can plan out your essay.
2. Create An Outline
An outline will help keep your thoughts organized and ensure that you don’t forget any vital information. Your outline should include a thesis, an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Each part of your outline should also have a few key details that you want to discuss to help make the writing process go smoothly.
3. Write A Thesis Statement
Your thesis statement is the most essential part of your essay. It should be a clear and concise statement that presents your argument. Your thesis statement should be included in your introduction and reaffirmed in your conclusion.
It is important to note that because this is a critical thinking essay, your thesis should be more than just a statement of fact. Instead, it should be an arguable claim that you will be defending throughout your essay.
For example, if you are writing about the death penalty, your thesis statement needs to be more than, “The death penalty is wrong.” This thesis doesn’t leave room for discussion or debate. A better thesis statement would be, “The death penalty is a violation of human rights and it should be abolished.” This thesis statement presents an argument that can be debated and discussed.
4. Write The Introduction
Your introduction should start with a hook that grabs the reader’s attention. You can use a surprising statistic, a quote, or a rhetorical question. After the hook, you should provide some background information on your topic. This will help orient the reader and give them context for your argument. Finally, you should end your introduction with your thesis statement.
5. Write The Body Paragraphs
Each body paragraph should start with a topic sentence that introduces the paragraph’s main point. The rest of the paragraph should be used to support this point with evidence and reasoning. You should have at least three body paragraphs in your essay, but you can have more if needed.
Pro Tip: Critical thinking essays examine and analyze – they don’t just restate facts. When presenting your evidence, be sure to discuss it critically. What are the implications of this evidence? How does it support your argument?
6. Write The Conclusion
The conclusion of a critical thinking essay should be just as strong as the introduction. You should start by restating your thesis statement. Then, you should provide a brief summary of the main points of your essay. Finally, you should end with a strong closing statement that leaves the reader thinking about your argument long after they finish reading, such as a call to action or a final thought-provoking question.
Citing Sources in a Critical Thinking Essay
Since this type of essay will rely on evidence and reasoning, it is important to use credible sources. Be sure to only use reliable sources from experts in the field. When you do use sources, be sure to cite them properly. This will show that you are using other people’s work ethically, and it will also help strengthen your argument by showing that you have looked at the issue from multiple perspectives.
Citing sources has many different rules that you will need to follow depending on the formatting style that you are using. The most common formatting styles are MLA, APA, and Chicago. Be sure to check with your professor to see which style they prefer before you start writing your essay.
When citing in MLA format, you’ll need to use in-text citations. These are brief citations included in the body of your essay whenever you use a source. The full citation for each source is listed in the Works Cited section at the end of your paper.
When citing in APA format, you’ll need to use in-text citations and a reference list. The in-text citations are brief citations included in the body of your essay whenever you use a source. The reference list is a list of all the sources that you used – usually included at the end of your paper.
When citing in Chicago style, you’ll need to use footnotes or endnotes. These are brief citations at the bottom of each page (footnotes) or the end of your paper (endnotes).
Any of these 75 critical thinking essay topics will help students struggling to find an arguable and interesting topic.
Critical Thinking Essay Topics About Social Issues
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Is capitalism good or bad?
- Is socialism a viable alternative to capitalism?
- Does religion do more harm than good?
- Should creationism be taught in schools?
- Is the death penalty ethical?
- Are zoos cruel?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Is climate change real?
- Who is responsible for climate change?
- Should wealthy nations do more to help developing nations?
- Is immigration a good or bad thing?
- What are the root causes of terrorism?
- Is terrorism ever justified?
- Are gun laws too strict or not strict enough?
- Is healthcare a human right?
- Should abortion be legal?
- What are the ethical implications of stem cell research?
- What should be done about the global water crisis?
- How can we best help refugees?
Critical Thinking Essay Topics About General Issues
- Should people be judged by their looks?
- Is it better to be single or in a relationship?
- Are men and women equal?
- Should parents be held responsible for their children’s actions?
- Is it better to grow up with siblings or as an only child?
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Is drug legalization a good or bad idea?
- What are the best ways to deal with stress?
- How can we prevent bullying?
- Are social media and technology making us more or less connected?
- Should parents monitor their children’s internet use?
- Should schools ban cell phones?
- How can we reduce the number of teenage pregnancies?
- What is the best way to deal with teenage rebellion?
- Is homeschooling a good or bad idea?
- Should all students be required to learn a foreign language?
- Should schools start later in the morning?
- Are there better alternatives to traditional schooling?
- Is college tuition too high?
- Should student loans be forgiven?
- Should colleges be free to attend?
- What are the best ways to prepare for a job interview?
- How can we better retain employees?
- What are the best ways to motivate employees?
- How can we reduce workplace stress?
- Should remote working be encouraged?
- What are the pros and cons of globalization?
- Is consumerism a good or bad thing?
- How can we reduce our reliance on fossil fuels?
Critical Thinking Essay Topics About The Environment and Conservation
- What are the best ways to reduce pollution?
- Should we be doing more to conserve water?
- How can we reduce food waste?
- Is nuclear energy a good or bad thing?
- What are the best ways to deal with climate change?
- Is overpopulation a real problem?
- What can we do to reduce our reliance on plastic?
- Should we be doing more to protect endangered species?
- How can we best preserve our natural resources?
- What is the best way to deal with hazardous waste?
- What are the best ways to reduce deforestation?
Critical Thinking Essay Topics About Technology
- Should we be doing more to regulate the internet?
- How can we best protect our privacy online?
- What are the best ways to deal with cyberbullying?
- Is social media a good or bad thing?
- Are we too reliant on technology?
- What are the best ways to deal with data breaches?
- Should we be worried about artificial intelligence?
- What are the best ways to deal with tech monopolies?
Critical Thinking Essay Topics About American Classics
- Explore the theme of capitalism in Fight Club.
- What is the significance of the title The Great Gatsby?
- Is Atticus Finch a good father?
- What is the significance of the title To Kill a Mockingbird?
- Is Holden Caulfield a sympathetic character?
- How does Steinbeck portray the American dream in The Grapes of Wrath?
- How does Fitzgerald use symbolism in The Great Gatsby?
When writing on any of these 75 critical thinking essay topics, be sure to support your position with solid reasoning, examples, and evidence.
- 130 Social Media Essay Topics
- 130 Causal Analysis Essay Topics
- 145 Informational Essay Topics
- 140 Opinion Essay Topics
- 140 Sociology Essay Topics
- Essay Samples
- Essay Topics
- Essay Writing Guides
- 170 Ethics Essay Topics
- 160 Satire Essay Topics
- 160 Rhetorical Essay Topics
- 155 Criminal Justice Essay Topics
- 150 Political Essay Topics
- 145 Classification Essay Topics
- 140 Environmental Essay Topics
- 135 Controversial Essay Topics
- 125 Classification and Division Essay Topics
- 120 Literary Essay Topics
- 100 Profile Essay Topics
- 90 Heart of Darkness Essay Topics
- 80 Holocaust Essay Topics
How to Write a Critical Thinking Essay: Examples & Outline
Critical thinking is the process of evaluating and analyzing information. People who use it in everyday life are open to different opinions. They rely on reason and logic when making conclusions about certain issues.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
A critical thinking essay shows how your thoughts change as you research your topic. This type of assignment encourages you to learn rather than prove what you already know. In this article, our custom writing team will:
- explain how to write an excellent critical essay;
- introduce 30 great essay topics;
- provide a critical thinking essay example in MLA format.
- 🤔 Critical Thinking Essay Definition
- 💡 Topics & Questions
- ✅ Step-by-Step Guide
- 📑 Essay Example & Formatting Tips
- ✍️ Bonus Tips
🤔 what is a critical thinking essay.
A critical thinking essay is a paper that analyses an issue and reflects on it in order to develop an action plan. Unlike other essay types, it starts with a question instead of a thesis. It helps you develop a broader perspective on a specific issue. Critical writing aims at improving your analytical skills and encourages asking questions.
Critical Thinking in Writing: Importance
When we talk about critical thinking and writing, the word “critical” doesn’t have any negative connotation. It simply implies thorough investigation, evaluation, and analysis of information. Critical thinking allows students to make objective conclusions and present their ideas logically. It also helps them avoid errors in reasoning.
The Basics: 8 Steps of Critical Thinking Psychology
Did you know that the critical thinking process consists of 8 steps? We’ve listed them below. You can try to implement them in your everyday life:
It’s possible that fallacies will occur during the process of critical thinking. Fallacies are errors in reasoning that fail to provide a reasonable conclusion. Here are some common types of fallacies:
- Generalization . It happens when you apply generally factual statements to a specific case.
- Ambiguity . It occurs when the arguments are not clear and are not supported by evidence.
- Appeal to authority . This mistake happens when you claim the statement is valid only because a respected person made it.
- Appeal to emotion . It occurs when you use highly emotive language to convince the audience. Try to stay sensible and rely on the evidence.
- Bifurcation . This mistake occurs when you choose only between two alternatives when more than two exist.
- False analogy . It happens when the examples are poorly connected.
If you want to avoid these mistakes, do the following:
- try not to draw conclusions too quickly,
- be attentive,
- carefully read through all the sources,
- avoid generalizations.
How to Demonstrate Your Critical Thinking in Writing
Critical thinking encourages you to go beyond what you know and study new perspectives. When it comes to demonstrating your critical thinking skills in writing, you can try these strategies:
- Read . Before you start writing an essay, read everything you can find on the subject you are about to cover. Focus on the critical points of your assignment.
- Research . Look up several scholarly sources and study the information in-depth.
- Evaluate . Analyze the sources and the information you’ve gathered. See whether you can disagree with the authors.
- Prove . Explain why you agree or disagree with the authors’ conclusions. Back it up with evidence.
According to Purdue University, logical essay writing is essential when you deal with academic essays. It helps you demonstrate and prove the arguments. Make sure that your paper reaches a logical conclusion.
There are several main concepts related to logic:
If you want your essay to be logical, it’s better to avoid syllogistic fallacies, which happen with certain invalid deductions. If syllogisms are used carelessly, they can lead to false statements and ruin the credibility of your paper.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
💡 Critical Thinking Topics & Questions
An excellent critical thinking essay starts with a question. But how do you formulate it properly? Keep reading to find out.
How to Write Critical Thinking Questions: Examples with Answers
Asking the right questions is at the core of critical thinking. They challenge our beliefs and encourage our interest to learn more.
Here are some examples of model questions that prompt critical thinking:
- What does… mean?
- What would happen if…?
- What are the principles of…?
- Why is… important?
- How does… affect…?
- What do you think causes…?
- How are… and… similar/different?
- How do you explain….?
- What are the implications of…?
- What do we already know about…?
Now, let’s look at some critical thinking questions with the answers. You can use these as a model for your own questions:
Question: What would happen if people with higher income paid more taxes?
- Answer: It would help society to prosper and function better. It would also help people out of poverty. This way, everyone can contribute to the economy.
Question: How does eating healthy benefit you?
- Answer: Healthy eating affects people’s lives in many positive ways. It reduces cancer risk, improves your mood and memory, helps with weight loss and diabetes management, and improves your night sleep.
Critical Thinking Essay Topics
Have you already decided what your essay will be about? If not, feel free to use these essay topic examples as titles for your paper or as inspiration. Make sure to choose a theme that interests you personally:
Just $13.00 $10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
- What are the reasons for racism in healthcare ?
- Why is accepting your appearance important?
- Nature and spirit in Ralf Waldo Emerson’s poetry.
- How does technological development affect communication in the modern world?
- Is the representation of children in popular fiction accurate?
- Domestic violence and its consequences.
- Why is mutual aid important in society?
- How do stereotypes affect the way people think?
- The concept of happiness in different cultures.
- The purpose of environmental art.
- Why do people have the need to fit in?
- How did antibiotics change medicine and its development?
- Is there a way to combat inequality in sports?
- Is gun control an effective way of crime prevention?
- How our understanding of love changes through time.
- The use of social media by the older generation.
- Graffiti as a form of modern art .
- Why are reality TV shows so popular?
- Why should we eat healthily?
- How effective and fair is the US judicial system ?
- How can police brutality be stopped?
- Freedom of speech: does it exist?
- The effects of vaccination misconceptions .
- What makes a good movie?
- Analysis of your favorite book.
- The connection between fashion and identity .
- Taboo topics and how they are discussed in gothic literature.
- Does our lifestyle affect our mental health ?
- The role of self-esteem in preventing eating disorders in children.
- Drug abuse among teenagers.
Haven’t found a suitable essay idea? Try using our topic generator !
✅ How to Write a Critical Thinking Essay Step by Step
Now, let’s focus on planning and writing your critical thinking essay. In this section, you will find an essay outline, examples of thesis statements, and a brief overview of each essay part.
Critical Thinking Essay Outline
In a critical thinking essay, there are two main things to consider: a premise and a conclusion :
- A premise is a statement in the argument that explains the reason or supports a conclusion.
- A conclusion indicates what the argument is trying to prove. Each argument can have only one conclusion.
When it comes to structuring, a critical thinking essay is very similar to any other type of essay. Before you start writing it, make sure you know what to include in it. An outline is very helpful when it comes to structuring a paper.
How to Start a Critical Essay Introduction
An introduction gives readers a general idea of an essay’s contents. When you work on the introduction, imagine that you are drawing a map for the reader. It not only marks the final destination but also explains the route.
An introduction usually has 4 functions:
- It catches the reader’s attention;
- It states the essay’s main argument;
- It provides some general information about the topic;
- It shows the importance of the issue in question.
Here are some strategies that can make the introduction writing easier:
- Give an overview of the essay’s topic.
- Express the main idea.
- Define the main terms.
- Outline the issues that you are going to explore or argue about.
- Explain the methodology and why you used it.
- Write a hook to attract the reader’s attention.
Critical Analysis Thesis Statement & Examples
A thesis statement is an integral part of every essay. It keeps the paper organized and guides both the reader and the writer. A good thesis:
- expresses the conclusion or position on a topic;
- justifies your position or opinion with reasoning;
- conveys one idea;
- serves as the essay’s map.
To have a clearer understanding of what a good thesis is, let’s have a look at these examples.
The statement on the left is too general and doesn’t provide any reasoning. The one on the right narrows down the group of people to office workers and specifies the benefits of exercising.
Critical Thinking Essay Body Paragraphs: How to Write
Body paragraphs are the part of the essay where you discuss all the ideas and arguments. In a critical thinking essay, arguments are especially important. When you develop them, make sure that they:
- reflect the key theme;
- are supported by the sources/citations/examples.
Using counter-arguments is also effective. It shows that you acknowledge different points of view and are not easily persuaded.
In addition to your arguments, it’s essential to present the evidence . Demonstrate your critical thinking skills by analyzing each source and stating whether the author’s position is valid.
To make your essay logically flow, you may use transitions such as:
- For instance,
- On the contrary,
- In conclusion,
- Not only… but also,
How to Write a Critical Thinking Conclusion
In a critical thinking essay, the notion of “conclusion” is tightly connected to the one used in logic. A logical conclusion is a statement that specifies the author’s point of view or what the essay argues about. Each argument can have only one logical conclusion.
Sometimes they can be confused with premises. Remember that premises serve as a support for the conclusion. Unlike the conclusion, there can be several premises in a single argument. You can learn more about these concepts from the article on a logical consequence by Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Keeping this in mind, have a look at these tips for finishing your essay:
- Briefly sum up the main points.
- Provide a final thought on the issue.
- Suggest some results or consequences.
- Finish up with a call for action.
📑 Critical Thinking Essays Examples & Formatting Tips
Formatting is another crucial aspect of every formal paper. MLA and APA are two popular formats when it comes to academic writing. They share some similarities but overall are still two different styles. Here are critical essay format guidelines that you can use as a reference:
Finally, you’re welcome to check out a full critical essay sample in MLA format. Download the PDF file below:
Currently, the importance of critical thinking has grown rapidly because technological progress has led to expanded access to various content-making platforms: websites, online news agencies, and podcasts with, often, low-quality information. Fake news is used to achieve political and financial aims, targeting people with low news literacy. However, individuals can stop spreading fallacies by detecting false agendas with the help of a skeptical attitude.
✍️ Bonus Tips: Critical Thinking and Writing Exercises
Critical thinking is a process different from our regular thinking. When we think in everyday life, we do it automatically. However, when we’re thinking critically, we do it deliberately.
So how do we get better at this type of thinking and make it a habit? These useful tips will help you do it:
- Ask basic questions. Sometimes, while we are doing research, the explanation becomes too complicated. To avoid it, always go back to your topic.
- Question basic assumptions. When thinking through a problem, ask yourself whether your beliefs can be wrong. Keep an open mind while researching your question.
- Think for yourself. Avoid getting carried away in the research and buying into other people’s opinions.
- Reverse things. Sometimes it seems obvious that one thing causes another, but what if it’s the other way around?
- Evaluate existing evidence. If you work with sources, it’s crucial to evaluate and question them.
Another way to improve your reasoning skills is to do critical thinking exercises. Here are some of them:
Thanks for reading through our article! We hope that you found it helpful and learned some new information. If you liked it, feel free to share it with your friends.
- Critical Writing: Examples & Brilliant Tips 
- How to Write a Rhetorical Analysis Essay: Outline, Steps, & Examples
- How to Write an Analysis Essay: Examples + Writing Guide
- How to Write a Critique Paper: Tips + Critique Essay Examples
- How to Write a Literary Analysis Essay Step by Step
- Critical Thinking and Writing: University of Kent
- Steps to Critical Thinking: Rasmussen University
- 3 Simple Habits to Improve Your Critical Thinking: Harvard Business Review
- In-Class Writing Exercises: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Demonstrating Critical Thinking in Writing: University of South Australia
- 15 Questions that Teachers and Parents Can Ask Kids to Encourage Critical Thinking: The Hun School
- Questions to Provoke Critical Thinking: Brown University
- Arguments, Premises, and Conclusions: University of Kentucky
- How to Write a College Critical Thinking Essay: Seattle PI
- Introductions: What They Do: Royal Literary Fund
- Thesis Statements: Arizona State University
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Recommended for You
How to Write a Visual Analysis Essay: Examples & Template
A visual analysis essay is an academic paper type that history and art students often deal with. It consists of a detailed description of an image or object. It can also include an interpretation or an argument that is supported by visual evidence. In this article, our custom writing experts...
How to Write a Reflection Paper: Example & Tips
Want to know how to write a reflection paper for college or school? To do that, you need to connect your personal experiences with theoretical knowledge. Usually, students are asked to reflect on a documentary, a text, or their experience. Sometimes one needs to write a paper about a lesson...
How to Write a Character Analysis Essay: Examples & Outline
A character analysis is an examination of the personalities and actions of protagonists and antagonists that make up a story. It discusses their role in the story, evaluates their traits, and looks at their conflicts and experiences. You might need to write this assignment in school or college. Like any...
Critical Writing: Examples & Brilliant Tips 
Any critique is nothing more than critical analysis, and the word “analysis” does not have a negative meaning. Critical writing relies on objective evaluations of or a response to an author’s creation. As such, they can be either positive or negative, as the work deserves. To write a critique, you...
How to Write a Rhetorical Analysis Essay: Outline, Steps, & Examples
If you are assigned to write a rhetorical analysis essay, you have one significant advantage. You can choose a text from an almost infinite number of resources. The most important thing is that you analyze the statement addressed to an audience. The task of a rhetorical analysis essay is to...
How to Analyze a Poem in an Essay
Any literary analysis is a challenging task since literature includes many elements that can be interpreted differently. However, a stylistic analysis of all the figurative language the poets use may seem even harder. You may never realize what the author actually meant and how to comment on it! While analyzing...
my custom essay
- How It Works
142 Critical Thinking Essay Topics That Will Get You An A+
Are you ready to ace your paper with brilliant critical thinking essay topics? We have the tip-top writing ideas to take you to the top ASAP!
A critical thinking essay requires you to explain or analyze the advantages and disadvantages of a specific topic.
To ace your critical thinking essay, you need to do lots of reading, find numerous unique resources and even visit monumental locations. All these will give you a firm grip on your preferred area of study as well as sufficient inspiration to churn a high-scoring paper.
A great topic is the genesis of any successful essay writing process. However, we all know how difficult and time-consuming it is to come up with an out-of-the-box case. Lots of scholars fail to get past this stage. We decided to give you the roadmap for smooth sailing during the writing process on the bright side. We have compiled an impressive list of critical thinking essay topics.
Cultural Criticism Essay Topics
- Define islamophobia and explain its impact on the lives of American Muslims
- Review the history of the slave trade and highlight the impact of the abolition
- Review the history of the first nations of Canada and their impact on Canada we know today
- Explain how racism affects the mental health of black people in the U.S
- Define xenophobia, review its history and explain how it affects our daily life
- Highlight the features of a multicultural society
- What is the impact of drug use and addiction among teenagers in the U.S
- Examine the prevalence of poverty in the U.S and explain how it leads to homelessness
- Explain the effect of social media and technology on human interaction and socialization
- What are the likely impacts of changing gender roles
Critique Essay Topics
- Explain why people tend to think that nature is a free shop
- Discuss why some animals are kinder and more faithful as compared to people
- Examine five ways in which technological advancement has impacted human life
- Examine the viewer experience of mind sports
- Dive into the effectiveness of standardized tests
- Explain the difference between online and traditional relationships
- Compare and contrast between recorded music and live performances
- Define global warming and analyze its effects on human life
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of attending private and public schools
- Look into the advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering and GMOs
- Examine why painkillers are so essential and highlight some of their side effects
- Investigate the pros and cons of having a college degree
- Examine the problems that Native Americans faced in their quest for independence
- Discuss whether any health risks are arising from anorexia nervosa
- What is the effectiveness of a balanced diet in a child’s health?
- Explain the role played by mass media in crime development and mitigation
- Investigate the pros and cons of district zoning
- Define health insurance, why it is so important, and highlights its potential disadvantages
Top Critical Essay Topic Ideas
- Examine how moves portray a historical figure
- Investigate how environmentalism and capitalism compare to each other
- What is the impact of social media bullying on one’s mental health, and how can the problem be resolved?
- Analyze the long term impact of colonialism as observed in the world today
- Examine the correlation between economic growth and the environment
- How is the global climate-related to capitalism
- Evaluate events that defined economic development in the U.S since 1900
- Examine the concept of same-sex marriage from a Christian point of view
- What is the link between religion and morality?
- Highlight the best places to visit in Europe and explain why they are so unique
- Discuss the effect of technology on the health care industry
- What is the impact of deforestation of tropical forests on the environment?
- Analyze the cultural value of the pyramids of Giza
- Synthesize the attributes of an epic summer movie
Impressive Critical Thinking Essay Questions
- In what ways can the standard of education be improved?
- What is the importance of school authorities?
- Is it possible to live a happy life without engaging in romantic relationships?
- Discuss different methods that we can use to improve a country’s financial situation
- Explain why marketing is the best way to sell a product
- What are the best way to get rid of addiction and other bad habits?
- Is it true that happiness is an abstract concept?
- Investigate why it is essential to cancel strong punishments for criminals
- Evaluate the relationship between academic performance and sports
- Explain different reasons why animals should not be put in zoos or used in sports
- Evaluate why cheerleading should be a sport on its own
- What is the importance of college football players, and should they get paid?
- Highlight the importance of outdoor and indoor activities
- What are the mental health implications associated with violent video games among children?
Latest Critical Analysis Topics
- Explain the impact of promoting feminism on social media sites
- What is the distinction between economic liberalism and economic nationalism?
- Analyze factors that have contributed to China becoming a superpower
- Compare and contrast between traditional learning and virtue learning
- Critically analyze how the growth of industry impacts student aspiring to join it
- Examine the negative impact of the lottery industry and justify why it should be banned
- Explain the effects of globalization and why it is the most significant economic phenomenon at this time
- Highlight the most important risk factors associated with lung cancer and how to mitigate them
- What is the impact of corruption on third-world countries?
- Synthesize the Italian food custom and highlight different symbolism in it
- What is the link between corruption and asterism?
- Examine the effect of social media on the mental health of a teenager
- Why eating fast foods may not be suitable for your health
Good Critical Thinking Topics
- Discuss the impact of food coloring on human health
- Examine how stress affects the productivity of a team member
- Analyze the essential elements in the Islamic religion
- Discuss the future of social media in the next ten years
- Examine the different parts that lead to juvenile delinquency
- Evaluate how nature affects the evolvement of sea creatures from various aspects
- Explain the role of nature in Chinese art
- Examine the impact of overusing technology on human life
- Review the impact of technology on religion
- How does playing video games affect a child’s concentration
- What is the impact of technology on anxiety and depression levels among people?
Top-Notch Critical Thinking Topics For Papers
- Which is better between city life and country life?
- Explain how personal fashion impacts one’s identity
- Give reasons why education should be free
- What is the link between job satisfaction and team member turnover rate?
- Examine the impact of social media on human psychology
- What is the difference between applied education and education quality?
- Analyze the importance of individuality, self-knowledge, and self-worth in critical thinking
- Examine the scope of fallacies as they relate to creative and critical thinking
- What is the role of critical thinking in the world today?
- Define the link between reflective analysis and critical thinking
- Evaluate the link between critical thinking and money
High-End Critical Thinking Paper Topics
- How can critical thinking be enhanced among students?
- Evaluate the basics of critical thinking
- Explain democratic governments are regarded the best in catering for the people’s needs
- Discuss the causes of anarchy in a society with different cultures and religions
- What is the difference between the caste system and the class system in society?
- What is the importance of the marriage institution and society as a whole?
- Examine the source of gender disparity between men and women in developed countries
- Why is it essential to empower women from their opposite gender?
- Investigate the role of society in advancing negative emotions like hatred in human beings
- Analyze how the increase or decrease of carbon dioxide is harmful to the quality of life on earth
- What is the impact of the composition of air of a particular region on a person’s health?
- Investigate why plants that grow in tropical regions do not germinate in temperate areas
Interesting Critical Analysis Essay Topics
- Explain the link between topography and vegetation that grows in a particular region
- Investigate why people are turning away from hybrid seeds and opting for traditional seeds
- Explain the cause of a spike in cardiovascular diseases across the world
- Analyze the reasons behind an increase in breathing and respiratory problems in the past decades
- Highlight the impact of technology on surgery
- Why is cyber security a big problem in developing countries?
- Why are digital currencies like Bitcoin not so popular despite their convenience?
- How do financial crises affect a country’s economy?
- What factors contribute to the fall of a country’s national economy?
- What is the link between the explosion of population and global warming in Asian countries?
- Explain how the set up of industries in developing countries is contributing to the increase in global temperatures
- Investigate the relationship between the increase in natural disasters and global warming
- Do not disturb the pharaohs: Examine the cultural impact of exploring the pyramids.
- Evaluate the impact of doping on athletics
- Examine the impact of TV advertisements on a child’s mind
World-Class Critical Essay Topics
- What is the effect of domestic violence on children’s mental health?
- How does divorce impact a child’s mental health?
- Analyze the effects of inflation on a country’s economy
- Synthesize euthanasia from a religious point of view
- What drives women and men to opt for a gender change?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of plastic surgery?
- Why is it important for people to have principles?
- Explain why companies spend a lot of money on advertisements
- What are the ramifications of robots replacing human labor?
- Discuss the impact of nanotechnology on human life
First-Class Critical Thinking Essay Topics
- Are children necessary for the continuation of the human race?
- What is the difference between love in medieval times and love now?
- One person can change the world: How true is that statement
- Is the criticism of gays in society justified?
- Explain how misconceptions impact our desires
- Investigate critical problems associated with overpopulation
- Explain why people are reluctant to accept the concept of environmental improvement
- Why is it important to analyze every situation in life?
- Explain why several government policies fail to work in the U.S
- Investigate the role of mass media in mitigating problems like poverty and illiteracy
- Analyze the effectiveness of the judicial system in its quest to control the use of drugs
- Highlight the differences and similarities between the first and second world war
- What is the role of fairy tales in affective learning?
- What is the impact of the author’s background in the creation of a masterpiece?
If the topic was standing between you and a stunning essay, your options are almost endless now. Nonetheless, it does not end here. You also need to align your topic to an exciting theme besides focusing the essay on a contemporary problem in society. With this and other small but critical details, putting together an epic paper is not easy.
It can be a burdening task to a huge chunk of college and university students who are often busy or unprepared. Yet, all hope is not lost. You can still get quality assistance from a trusted essay writing service. The best platform will guarantee top grades in your nonplagiarized online essays at cheap and affordable rates.
The deadline should not worry you as their professional writers work at an incredible pace, even at a moment’s notice. Get an expert to work on your critical thinking essay today and watch your graduation ambitions spring back to life!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
- Free Essay Writer
- Essay Typer
- Free Essays
- Grammar Checker
- Plagiarism Checker
- Citation Generator
Critical Essay Topics
Best Critical Essay Topics for College Students
Published on: Dec 9, 2019
Last updated on: Jan 6, 2023
On This Page On This Page
The word ‘criticism’ means pointing out the faults of something. By this definition, you might think that a critical essay highlights the weak aspects of the literary work and keeps the main argument aside, but this is not true. In critical essays, you need to analyze and evaluate a work of art.
If you are assigned to write a critical essay, the first and foremost step is to choose a topic. In this blog, you can find some interesting critical essay topics examples to help you get started.
Good Critical Analysis Essay Topics
Writing a great critical essay might not seem easy at first. Many students even get stuck at the first step - choosing a great critical essay topic. Thus, to help students get the first step right, here is a list of critical thinking essay topics.
Refer to these topics for a great critical analysis essay and grab your reader’s attention from the beginning.
Critical Essay Topics About Culture
- Share your thoughts on changing gender roles.
- What is the impact of technology on our lives?
- Poverty and how it leads to homelessness?
- Drug abuse and addiction among teenagers.
- What are the characteristics of a multicultural society?
- Xenophobia and how it affects our daily life?
- History of first nations of Canada.
- Slave trade and its abolition.
- The link between racism and mental health.
- How to stop islamophobia?
Critical Essay Topics About Movies and TV
- Choose a book that you have recently read and provide a detailed analysis of its movie adaptation.
- Why are talk shows very popular today?
- Describe the main theme in current TV shows.
- Choose any film that you have watched and describe the takeaways in it.
- What are the pros and cons of classic movie remakes?
- Conduct a detailed analysis of any educational movie that you have watched.
- Provide analysis on a movie that won an Oscar this year.
- Provide detailed analysis on one of the best comic book series.
- Choose the most popular game show and analyze it in detail.
- What are the reality TV shows that are so popular?
Critical Essay Topics About Literature
- What are the different types of irony in literature?
- Why are stories important for children?
- What is the ideology of feminism in a piece of literature?
- Discuss the role of the author’s background in creating a masterpiece.
- What are the 4 parts of a Shakespearean sonnet?
- Analyze the literature review of the historical context of a work.
- Describe the secondary heroes in your all-time favorite classical book.
- What are the 10 literary devices?
- Discuss the role of fairy tales in effective learning.
- An analysis of black humor in children's literature.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job
History Critical Essay Topics
- What was the impact of the 5th Amendment?
- The US history from a realist point of view.
- Choose one of the famous landmarks that you visited and explain why it is your favorite one.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the most influential wars in the history of humankind.
- Choose an important historical event and share your point of view.
- Discuss the influence of movies on attitudes and behavior.
- Provide an analysis of a historical event that you have recently watched.
- Pick one of your favorite historical series and explain what makes it unique.
- Discuss the leading themes in some popular historical figures.
- Conduct a critical analysis of one of your favorite historical books.
Critical Essay Topics on Social Issues
- How to stop the war in the middle east?
- How effective is the judicial system in its struggle against drug control?
- The effectiveness of the media in solving issues like illiteracy and poverty.
- Choose any social issue that you want to talk about and find an effective solution for it.
- Police brutality and how to stop it.
- The long lasting impact of colonialism.
- Provide alternatives to anti-poverty programs.
- Analyze why some of the governmental policies are ineffective in the US.
- What are the advantages of eating healthy food?
- Advantages and disadvantages of eating fast foods.
- Craft a research paper on the impact of social media on mental health
Sports Critical Essay Topics
- What is the impact of violent video games on children?
- Health problems related to excessive video gaming.
- What is the importance of indoor and outdoor activities?
- College football players should get paid.
- Why should cheerleading be considered a sport?
- Why should violent sports be banned?
- Should sports betting be legal?
- Why should animals not be used in sports?
- Can two good teams have a boring game?
- The link between sports and academic performance.
Critical Thinking Essay Topics Examples
- Why cancel strong punishments for criminals?
- Is plastic surgery a necessity?
- Happiness is an abstract concept. Is it true?
- The modern world has many temptations.
- How to get rid of bad habits?
- Is marketing the best way to sell a product?
- How to improve the financial situation of the country?
- Secrets of the great canyon.
- How to plan your budget?
- How to lead a happy life without romantic relationships?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Critical Review Essay Topics
- Discuss the role of school authorities.
- Ways to improve the standard of education.
- Discuss the advantages of movies over books.
- What are the pros and cons of health insurance?
- Advantages and disadvantages of district zoning.
- How to fight inequality?
- Influence of mass media on youth.
- How to fight addiction issues?
- What is the role of mass media in crime development?
- The efficiency of health coverage.
Critical Response Essay Topics
- Discuss the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- Discuss the effectiveness of a balanced diet for our health.
- The most serious health risk from anorexia nervosa.
- Effective sleep habits for everyone.
- Why is the game of basketball so popular?
- Should kids watch horror movies?
- Vegan foods that are not healthy.
- What is the importance of socialization?
- Who is to be blamed for homeless people?
- Native American independence issues.
Critical Evaluation Essay Topics
- What are the pros of having a college degree?
- What are the side effects of painkillers?
- Discuss the pros and cons of genetic modification.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of attending public and private schools.
- Discuss the effects of global warming.
- Compare and contrast live performances and recorded music.
- What is the difference between traditional and online relationships?
- Review the effectiveness of standardized tests.
- Analyze the viewer's experience of mind sports.
- How the internet has changed the world.
Feel free to use any topic, review some good critical essays available online, and get started to write your critical essay. You can choose a topic that you find interesting. Then, you can further modify it and narrow it down if the topic is too broad.
Make sure you choose something that is interesting for you and for the readers as well. You can also take an expert’s help if you are still unsure what the best topic for your critical essay is.
FreeEssayWriter.net is the best essay writing service where you can get free essays or even hire an expert to write an essay for you from scratch.
Contact us now and hire a professional essay writer for an A+ grade.
John K. (Research)
John K. is a professional writer and author with many publications to his name. He has a Ph.D. in the field of management sciences, making him an expert on the subject matter. John is highly sought after for his insights and knowledge, and he regularly delivers keynote speeches and conducts workshops on various topics related to writing and publishing. He is also a regular contributor to various online publications.
People also read
Critical Essay - An Ultimate Guide For Students
Critical Essay Outline - Easy Guide for Students
Share this article
If you have any queries please write to us
Join our mailing list
Freeessaywriter.net is a platform where students can find free online tools for paper writing. With the help of these instruments, you are more than capable of composing the content according to any academic requirements.
@ All Rights Reserved 2023 [email protected]
all major debit / credit cards
©2022 - All rights reserved
- Send Password
We’ll research, write, and deliver a full-pro essay FREE to you under these easy terms:
- We’ll provide 100% original research and writing to any new customer placing their initial order.
- This is offer is available to new customers, one time only.
- Your essay will be plagiarism-free, written by a seasoned writing professional.
- Essay limited to 500 words (two pages). Additional pages at standard rates.
- Policy changes upon written notice at the discretion of company.
Your first essay is FREE with a minimal admin fee of $20 that guarantees the security and prompt delivery of your order. Why an administrative fee?
- To give you a 100% guaranteed Turnitin zero-plagiarism report.
- To assure your total confidentiality and privacy behind our bullet-proof security firewall (which costs us a ton of money!).
- To buy coffee for the amazing writer working on your essay (happy writers are better writers).
- To make it possible to deliver QUALITY ESSAYS FOR FREE.
Original Price: $0
Offer 2 Pages Free: $0
Admin Fee: $20
Thank you for your order!
One of our agent will contact you shortly., if you have any other requirements or changes, please notify us immediately, as we are now working to deliver great writing that exceeds your expectations hard at work..
To think critically, you must be aware of your own biases and assumptions when encountering information, and apply consistent standards when evaluating sources. Critical thinking skills help you to: Identify credible sources Evaluate and respond to arguments Assess alternative viewpoints Test hypotheses against relevant criteria Table of contents
Critical thinking is the process of evaluating and analyzing information. People who use it in everyday life are open to different opinions. They rely on reason and logic when making conclusions about certain issues. Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page.
Critique Essay Topics. Explain why people tend to think that nature is a free shop. Discuss why some animals are kinder and more faithful as compared to people. Examine five ways in which technological advancement has impacted human life. Examine the viewer experience of mind sports.
Critical Essay Topics About Culture Share your thoughts on changing gender roles. What is the impact of technology on our lives? Poverty and how it leads to homelessness? Drug abuse and addiction among teenagers. What are the characteristics of a multicultural society? Xenophobia and how it affects our daily life?