Free law study resources
Law Dissertation Topics
The law dissertation topics below were written by our expert writers, as a learning aid to help you with your studies. If you are looking for help with your law dissertation topic then we offer a comprehensive writing service provided by fully qualified academics in your field of study.
Law Dissertation Topic and Titles Service
Law Dissertation Topics & Related Services
Law dissertation topics (page 1), criminal law dissertation topics.
Example dissertation topic. Last modified: 25th Aug 2022
Here you will find a selection of 12 dissertation topics and ideas on criminal and evidence law. We have provided these law dissertation topics to help you....
Equity and Trusts Law Dissertation Topic Examples
Example dissertation topic. Last modified: 3rd Oct 2019
It is established law that, in order to establish a trust, the settlor must satisfy the three certainties: subject matter, intention......
Jurisprudence Dissertation Topic Examples
This page contains a selection of dissertation topics and ideas on jurisprudence. Feel free to use these topics to help you create your own......
International Commercial and Business Law Dissertation Topics
Here you will find a selection of 12 dissertation topics and ideas on competition, international commercial and business law. Please use these topics to help you create your own law dissertation topics......
International Law Dissertation Topics
We have collated for you a selection of 12 dissertation topics and ideas on European law, international and private international law. You are welcome to use these topics to help you create your own law dissertation topics......
Constitutional Law Dissertation Topics
This page contains a selection of 6dissertation topics and ideas on public, administrative and constitutional law for you. Please use these topics to help you create your own masterpiece......
Land, Housing & Equity Law Dissertation Topics
Here are a selection of example dissertation topics on land, housing & equity law for you. Please feel free to use these topics to help you......
Family Law Dissertation Topic Examples
The decision of K v K (2011) is indeed a landmark case which seized upon the opportunity to undertake a much-needed modernised approach......
Intellectual Property Law Dissertation Topic Examples
A trade secret is a company's particular method or product which enables it to acquire a special advantage over its competitors....
International Law Dissertation Topic Examples
It is undisputed that the Security Councils discretionary power to determine whether a threat to or breach of the peace exists......
Employment Law Dissertation Topics
We have put together a list of 10 dissertation topics and ideas on employment and equality law for you....
Public Law Dissertation Topic Examples
This study will critically examine the heated debate and controversial aspects surrounding the principle of the freedom of speech and the general notion that the press should be granted the freedom of expression as a result......
Medical Law Dissertation Topic Examples
As the curse of assisted suicide looms over Parliament, the debate has become increasingly heated in relation to whether or not it should be legalised....
Human Rights Law Dissertation Topic Examples
This section contains a selection of 12 dissertation topics and ideas on human rights and Immigration law....
Civil Litigation Dissertation Topic Examples
The development of the law on damages for psychiatric harm has attracted potent criticism which tends to focus upon its piecemeal......
Family Law Dissertation Topics
This page contains a selection of dissertation topics and ideas on family law. Please feel free to use these topics......
Company Law Dissertation Topic Examples
Here we have a selection of 10 dissertation topics and ideas on company & partnership law and environmental law......
Competition Law Dissertation Topic Examples
This study will conduct an analysis of competition laws of the EU, Japan and China, with particular focus horizontal agreements....
Commercial Law Dissertation Topic Examples
A central reason for the rise in corruption in the UK over the past years has been the failure of the government to incorporate regional......
Contract and Comparative Law Dissertation Topics
We have listed for you below 10 dissertation topics and ideas on contract and comparative law. Please feel free to use this information......
Tort Law Dissertation Topics
This law area has 12 dissertation topics and ideas on tort, intellectual property and media law. Please use this material to help you in your law studies and to help craft your very own dissertation topic....
Search our Law Dissertation Topics
Tip : If you can't find what you are looking for, try shortening your search phrase. E.g. "Salomon"
Law Essay Writing
Law Assignment Writing
Law Dissertation Writing
Search Support Articles
*You can also browse our support articles here >
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
160+ Outstanding Law Dissertation Topics for Students
If you are a university student studying law, you would know that it is both, exciting and stressful to work on dissertations because law dissertation topics are not easy to select.
While students can pick a topic that interests them, good thesis topics for law, students would be the ones that offer ample scope for research and study. It is vital to keep in mind that dissertations tend to get lengthy; therefore, your topic should also be a subject you can manage to finish working on within the time you have at hand. Given below are some exciting topics that you can explore for your law school thesis.
Business Law Dissertation Topics
Business law, also known as commercial law, focuses on the legal aspects of the conduct, rights, and relations of individuals or organizations that engage in commerce, trade, and merchandising activities. Therefore, commercial law masters thesis topics have a broad scope as they revolve around important and relatable aspects guiding society and trade. Here are some exciting business law topics to write about. Take a look:
- Business laws against corruption within firms — an in-depth evaluation
- Commercial Law and its effectiveness in supporting commercial transactions.
- Copyright Infringement – Understanding the difference between online and offline law enforcement.
- Business partnerships: Threats, legal remedies, and results
- Commercial laws guiding energy projects within the country and a comparison with top countries globally.
- Online advertising – working within the framework and guidelines of Advertising Law
- US commercial laws: A review on what needs to change
- Legal framework guiding unfair advertising and marketing practices – a case study analysis
- Business wills — application, significance, and role in translations of Business Law
- Domestic vs International commercial laws of five countries
- Pre-incorporation contracts – a thorough analysis
- International commercial law programs: An assessment of their effectiveness as part of the University curriculum
- Importance of investigating a business’s application for Copyright and Trademark
- Arbitration under commercial law: In-depth analysis and evaluation of policy practice
- Evaluating anti-corruption regulations for businesses through a relevant case study
- Laws governing Corporate Social Responsibility for businesses and their evaluation
- Termination agreements — application, significance, and role in business transactions
- The Law of Contracts — Interpretations and Role in Business Transactions
- Director’s Guarantee – Its role in Business law and the Structure of Transactions
- What is the role of a Business Entity concerning Commercial Law – An analysis
- Contract Laws and an evaluation of the application of Verbal or Nonverbal Agreements
- The role of Commercial Law in establishing a business framework within the society
- The legislature and its role in the interpretation and working of contracts
- Commercial Vs RegularLease – Analysing the pros and cons for the businesses
- Commercial lease – Significance, difficulties, and importance for business owners
International Law Thesis Topics
International law is an important area of interest when it comes to thesis writing. You can focus on studying the legal aspects of economic trade, businesses during the war, global pandemics, and more. Ethics and human rights play a significant role in international matters. Here are some excellent international law research topics to explore:
- Hearings on cases in International Human Rights Court — What precedence says
- Challenges faced by parties involved in contracts related to the International Sale of Goods (CISG) when the Vienna Convention is applied.
- What do the future hold for internet legislation and digital laws
- Are International Tribunals effective in taking action against war crimes?
- An in-depth analysis of various conditions under which international intervention in trade or matters of general affairs of a country is permitted by law
- International criminal laws — an assessment of the underlying principles and need for change
- Human rights law: An international perspective on gaps that need to be addressed
- Violation of Laws and Human Rights when the US got involved in matters of Iraq – An analysis
- Enforcement of international laws in developing countries – Issues, justification, and remedies
- Military cooperation between the UK and the US to address terror — A historical perspective and future analysis
- What are the civil liberties in International law and how do they impact public safety
- Post-Brexit era — where does consumer protection stand?
- Laws ensuring the protection of civilians against unlawful communication during armed conflicts between countries
- International laws governing rescue and protection of human rights of refugees at sea
- International civil jurisdiction on transborder disputes related to the infringement of intellectual property rights — a comprehensive study
Criminal law thesis topics
The study of Criminal law comprises understanding the laws that govern the prosecution of individuals who have committed crimes as defined by law. When you select law master thesis topics based on criminal law, you can choose law enforcement topics related to drug dealing, manslaughter, kidnapping, and more. Some examples are shared below:
- Female and male rape legislations: An in-depth evaluation of critical differences
- Using lie detectors _ an assessment of their efficacy in criminal justice
- Are manslaughter laws possible to misuse — what are the remedies to protect such victims?
- A detailed analysis of crime-related factors best not presented in the court of law and why?
- Witness protection – laws, guidelines, and measures against retaliation
- Death Penalty – History, justification, and analysis
- Criminal theory – A thematic review to explore the connection between morality and crime
- Challenges in identification of the nature of crime and its distribution — an in-depth analysis based on a case study
- Is anatomy justified in lawsuits related to sexual offenses — evaluating the rights of the victim and the defendant
- Legal rights — striking a balance between the rights of the victim and the defendant during the lawsuit
- What are the implications of the war against terror — Enforcement of criminal law and its implications
- A case study analysis of the war against terror
- A case study analysis of racial prejudice in prison
- Religious laws and crimes in developing nations
- Police interrogations – Principles, legal framework, and human rights
Child in conflict with the law thesis topics
These topics are related to the study of issues and laws concerning children who conflict with the law due to committing juvenile crimes.
- Legal protection and rights of children in cases of a child in conflict with the law
- Children in conflict with the law in metro cities and the legal framework guiding the handling of such cases
- Improving the legal protection available for children in conflict with the law
- An in-depth study of the measures available to reintegrate children in conflict with the law into the society
- Laws to facilitate the rehabilitation of children in conflict with the law
- Exploitation and abuse of children in conflict with the law and remedies to prevent it
- Procedures in court for children in conflict with the law
- Violence and exploitation leading children into conflict with the law – Case study analysis
- Human rights and laws supporting children affected by illegal migration
- Analyzing children’s rights against harmful work and economic exploitation
Controversial law topics
As a college student, there will be umpteen issues that will spark debates and encourage you to take a stance either for or against. These may include constitutional law paper topics or laws on sensitive matters that have triggered global emotions. Here are some such topics to explore:
- Reviewing the need for the Gun Law
- Abortion – Pro-choice or pro-life the legal angles
- Understanding religious freedom by law and the freedom of choice to deny service based on religion
- Prescription of addictive opioids as legal painkillers — the justification and after effects
- The legal framework guiding animal research
- Vaccine administration from the perspective of legal implications, compliance and non-compliance, herd immunity, and parental duty
- Right to privacy – the conflict between individual privacy Vs public safety
- Freemarket capitalization – government regulations vs free trade
- Environment support policies, government regulations, and economic costs
- Uniform minimum wage system — controversy, legal parameters, and remedies
- White supremacy — a political ideology that affects the legal and economic framework
- Legalizing marijuana for medicinal and recreational usage
- Capital punishment and its legal justification
- The Marriage Equality Act – Rights and responsibilities in same-sex marriages
- Black lives matter — an insight into the lack of political or legal repercussions for death in custody
- Immigration restrictions and reforms – scope for improvement and change
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and upholding deportation protection
- Temporary blocking of international students during the Corona Virus Pandemic – Legal implications
- Transgender rights — Remedies against discrimination and injustice caused by inequality
- Islamic Criminal law vis a vis Human Rights — an analysis.
Sports law topics
Sport is an ever-intriguing subject, and it offers some interesting legal topics for dissertation writing. Your topic can cover international sports laws, rules and regulations guiding sports, sporting bodies, their jurisdiction, and more.
- Cheerleading teams — negligence across different case studies
- Sports law implications on cases of doping in international events
- Legal aspects of international sporting events and the role of social media
- The transnational perspective of sports management – an overview
- Bosman Rulings – The EU Sports law and its international implications
- The management of club sports in the UK and related laws
- Match-fixing in football and sports laws governing the same
- Match-fixing in cricket and international sports laws governing the same
- Sportspersons marketing – Reviewing legal issues and influences
- Sports promotion aids in the UK, US, and EU — legal implications
- Legal aspects related to governance and monitoring of sports organizations
- Sports laws on lifestyle sports – a review
- National governing bodies of sports and their legal stance
- The role and impact of labor contracts concerning UK sporting bodies
- Policies and practices of the US sports law
- Visa systems for international sportspersons and problems faced by them
- Constitutional rights of student-athletes
- Sexual harassment in sports and laws against it
- Policies aiding the promotion and protection of rights of transgender athletes
- Coaches’ contract and employment laws
Hot thesis topics in employment law
Employment law offers some very interesting law topics to work on. Under this, you can write your dissertation on labor laws, worker compensation, immigration laws, minimum wages, wrongful termination, and many such research topics in law.
- How employment laws convergence with religion in the US
- UK employment laws — A before and after comparison after exiting the EU
- UK Trade Unions and their impact — challenges and successes
- A review of unfair dismissal laws in the UK
- Employment laws in the UK and US automobile industry — A comparative study
- Employment contracts in the UK manufacturing industry — A comprehensive study of job satisfaction
- Issues with application and enforcement of laws in international firms: A case study
- Agency workers — employment rights and legal status in firms
- US ‘Fire at will’ employment ability and should it be made possible in the UK.
- Social work employment — Reviewing all legal aspects through a case study
- Employee dismissal — a comparison of UK and EU laws.
- Working parents and the benefits of Flexibility Working Regulations 2002
- Gender differences in employment laws and regulations across the US and the UK.
- Analyzing the efficacy of sexual harassment laws in the workplace
- Employee mobility across EU countries — a legal overview.
- Employment laws concerning the disabled in the UK — policies, and practices
- Equality Act 2010 and the rights of disabled
- A comprehensive study of the right to fair labor practices in the UK
- Unfair Vs Wrongful — what offers greater protection under employment laws
- Zero-hour contracts — significance and ways to improve
Medical law and ethics thesis topics
Medical law focuses on the rights and responsibilities of patients and medical professionals. Some exciting areas of medical law that you can focus on include patient confidentiality, patient consent, negligence, professional malpractice, failure in diagnosing, treatment malpractices leading to injury or death, and patient defamation among other topics.
- Laws governing organ retention — pros and cons
- Organ transplantation — A comprehensive study of governing laws in the US.
- Abortion — A comprehensive study of governing laws and stages when abortion is allowed or forbidden in the UK.
- Do judges handling medical disputes need special education to ensure fact-based judgments?
- Forced sterilization — laws, implementation, and who is to be targeted?
- Laws governing medical research — a comprehensive study
- Disputes arising due to medical complications during surgeries — legal implications
- Unregistered medical intervention — Legal implications in the US
- Electronic fetal monitoring and concerning laws.
- Medical ethics in practice concerning medical law
- Assisted suicide — the legal, ethical, and medical perspectives
- Lawsuits and their effect on the commitment and dedication of medical practitioners
- Biobanks — The associated legal and ethical challenges
- Is it possible for medical practitioners to treat mental disorders without bias?
- Laws against animal cruelty during medical research — a case study
Family law thesis topics
Besides marriage, divorce, custody, compensation, and alimony, you can cover several other interesting aspects of family law in your dissertation. Given below are some examples of topics you can explore:
- UK Family Law — Changes over the past five decades.
- Human rights in countries following religious family laws
- Family lawsuits and how they are impacted by culture
- Domestic violence and its effects on men Vs women
- Deciding custody in divorce cases and the importance of the child’s desire in influencing the court’s decision
- Divorce law and how it has impacted the number of divorces
- Child neglect and its legal implications in the US
- Child justice Vs family justice: Evaluating the compatibility
- What are the factors that prevent couples from seeking a divorce?
- US family law — is it due for reforms?
- Family law and its provisions when a divorced parent wishes to move abroad with the child
- Cohabitation Law in the US and is it due for reforms
- Divorce laws — are they gender-biased or is it only a perception
- Custody rights when the child has learning disabilities — a comprehensive overview
- Do Islamic traditions impact family laws of UK-based Muslims
- UK family laws governing financial decisions in cases of dementia and forced separation
- Rights of children to have a family life in non-marital families
- Family laws governing marriage and divorce in transgender people — a comparison of US and UK
- Legal implications of non-consensual adoption in the US
- The role of grandparents in the social fabric and provisions in the Family law
The topics mentioned above are great examples of what you can write on. However, if you are still confused, are running against time, have too much on your platter, or are simply unsure how to proceed to feel free to take law thesis help from some of the best-rated writers we have on board.
Feel free to ask for a sample from the professional you shortlist, and we will be happy to assist you all the way. Get in touch with us online or call us for help with a research paper. We have a team of experienced writers who offer high-quality, original work done to perfection. Our services are available at cheap and affordable rates as we are aware that we are assisting college students. So go ahead and connect with us for quality assistance to get you good grades and a stress-free time to focus on your academic commitments.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
Best Law Dissertation Topics for University Students
Updated 21 Dec 2022
Table of contents
The Importance of Choosing The Best Topic
Criminal law dissertation topics, employment law dissertation topics, family law dissertation topics, international law dissertation topics, medical law dissertation topics, immigration law dissertation topics, commercial law dissertation topics, eu law dissertation topics, company law dissertation topics, tax law dissertation topics, edubirdie as professional dissertations assistant.
At some point, every student faces necessity to write a dissertation. This universal need evokes both excitement and terror because on the one hand, it’s a great way to investigate an interesting topic as well as prove your worth, but on the other, it’s a huge responsibility.
Dissertation is a particularly long writing piece dedicated to a specific topic that strives to prove student’s knowledge as well as ability to synthesise and research information. It’s the only thing that helps get a degree or final diploma. But how to come up with great law dissertation topics?
Law is an immensely popular field. It’s used in all life instances, which is why more and more young people choose to apply to these faculties. Dissertation is their chance to show that they are capable and knowledgeable in their major —in addition, depending on your topic, they either succeed or fail in their future career.
There are millions dissertation topics , but theme choice for law dissertation in particular either makes or break success that student has been trying to achieve. There are helpful tips associated with it — for example, the more interesting a topic is on a personal level, the more likely it is to become successful. After all, a student will have to spend months or even years on composing it, meaning that if it’s something that isn’t inspiring in the slightest, results will be similarly dull. It applies both to dissertations and EPQ ideas for law students.
Of course, it might be difficult to find something you’re interested in, but you can always check different law dissertation titles, choosing an area that feels most exciting. It is a very vast sphere that’s divided into many kinds, which in turn are split into millions narrower topics. Check them, select what intrigues you most, and start working! See law dissertation examples lists with topics divided into ten categories below.
You could use dissertation help online .
Dissertation Topics Examples
In general, law may be split into ten broad groups. Each presupposes its own peculiarities as well as ideas. So, if you are struggling with coming up with good topics, look through list we’ve composed for you!
- Legislation about male as well as female rape: how do they differ?
- What additions does regulations about rape should differentiate between real cases vs. revenge allegations?
- How may regulations about manslaughter be misused; how to protect victims against such incidents?
- In what ways can lie detector be beneficial?
- In what way may an accused of a crime prove that confession has been extracted from him/her by force?
- Mistrials’ history: why and how has this concept emerged?
- The Effectiveness of International Law in Combating Transnational Organized Crime
- What factors related to a crime should not be presented to the jury?
- legislation methods of crime witness protection from retaliation risks in 2023
- How did legislation about intentional murder change throughouthistory?
- Death penalty: history & incidents
- Changes to criminal law in post-Brexit societ
- How has the EU legislation affected the prior criminal law implementation?
- Criminal legislation bias vs American legislation system
- The reporting of the criminal cases in post-Brexit society
- Pandemic violations through the lens of the criminal law
- Is there bias in gender forensics in criminology?
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a law dissertation sample crafted to your needs.
- How did legal code about workers’ legal status change throughout years?
- Analysing the Effect of Employee Benefits on Performance in the Workplace
- Efficiency of regulations about female vs. male workplace sexual harassment
- Assessing the Impact of Employment Protection Legislation on the British Economy
- The peculiarities of maternal vs paternal leaves system
- workplace equality regulations: is it functional?
- Which groups of people are still discriminated against in employment sphere?
- Investigating the Effect of Minimum Wage Laws on Inequality in the Workplace
- How may employment contract be tempered with and how to avoid that?
- Investigating the Impact of Workplace Well-Being Regulations on Employee Morale
- The Role of Trade Unions in Enhancing Employee Rights in the EU
- Trade unions employment legislation analysis
- In which cases laws of dismissal are invalid?
- Examining the Effect of Employment Law on Social Mobility
- What legal protection do workers of different gender have 's employment regulation?
- Are employment screening techniques moral?
- The Role of Employment Law in Enhancing Gender Equality in the Workplace
- What are the benchmark standards for employment in 2023?
- Exploring the Impact of Employment Law on Job Security
- Should AI-based tools and neuroscience be used for employment selection?
- Should legal screening be made obligatory for the refugees ?
- How is the protection of the college students addressed by the Labour Law Acts?
- A Comparative Analysis of Discrimination Laws in the Workplace Across Different Countries
- The Impact of Collective Bargaining Agreements on Employee Rights
- Child abuse signs: repercussions for those who do not report them
- Analyzing the Impact of Prenuptial Agreements on Marital Stability
- Child relocation legislation transformations over the years
- How heavily should child’s desire to stay with one or another parent affect court’s decision?
- Shared residence peculiarities along with difficulties
- What conditions might hinder a couple when pursuing divorce?
- A Comparative Analysis of International Family Law Systems
- Exploring the Impact of Alimony Laws on Gender Equality
- An Analysis of the Impact of Adoption on Family Dynamics
- Minimum marriage age limit: is it sufficient or should it be changed?
- Domestic violence repercussions for males vs. females: differences and similarities
- Assessing the Impact of Divorce on Intergenerational Economic Mobility
- When can law representatives intervene in family’s life?
- Resources division in divorce process: subtleties as well as possible complications
- Exploring the Impact of Child Support and Custody Arrangements on Parenting Practices
- The portrayal of child abuse in the TV-series
- Should youngsters be allowed to use social media?
- The role of scouting in Great Britain
- Evaluating the Role of Social Norms and Values in Family Law
- How can family values be promoted with the help of book reading clubs?
- Exploring the Impact of No-Fault Divorce Laws on Children's Outcomes
- An Exploration of Domestic Violence in the Context of Family Law
- All intricacies of refugee regulation & protection
- The Impact of International Law on the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- & US military cooperation in invading other countries: shared history, possibilities for a future
- When should country legally intervene into affairs of another region?
- Internationally wrongful acts: intervention & its consequences
- An Analysis of the Function and Application of International Maritime Law
- What regulations should become international?
- An Analysis of the Global Economic System and International Law
- The Role of International Institutions in the Promotion of International Law
- What international legislation thatdoes not use yet should be applied?
- International & national regulations: what are differences?
- What international criminal legal code require corrections & amendments?
- As a peacemaker: actions that government should take in order to address urgent world problems & military conflicts
- An Evaluation of the International Criminal Court
- The difference in legal protection of minors vs Germany
- How should political refugees become protected?
- The Role of International Law in Conflict Resolution
- What are the limitations of foreign policies regarding medical research?
- The Use of International Humanitarian Law to Address Humanitarian Crises
- What are the social responsibilities in India?
- The International Legal Framework for the Protection of Human Rights
- The Impact of International Trade Law on Developing Countries
- The Development of International Environmental Law
- Embryo as a being capable of feelings & sensations: at what stage should abortion be forbidden?
- Analysis of the Impact of HIPAA on Medical Records Privacy
- Euthanasia together with assisted suicide: should it be legalised? Why?
- Should male partners sue their female partners for abortion?
- Amendments required to protect women from forced pregnancies
- Examining the Conflicts between Religious Beliefs and Medical Practice
- Analyzing the Effectiveness of Legal Regulations in Protecting Patients from Medical Negligence
- Which hospitals have been involved in discrimination stories? Why?
- Organ transplantation as perguidelines: Pros and Cons
- The Legal and Ethical Implications of Clinical Research
- Legalising forced sterilisation: who should it target, how should it be enforced, what reasons support its implementation?
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Consent Laws in the Medical Field
- Medical complications during surgeries: how is a responsible side determined. What legal consequences he or she might face?
- An Overview of the Legal Issues Facing the Medical Profession
- Stem cell research rules: legal code vs reasoning
- Should judges addressing healthcare legal disputes undergo special education for their decisions to be fact-based as well as relevant?
- The Role of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in Deterring Negligence
- Should medical institutions participate in Covid-related research projects?
- Should the criminals be approached by trained nurses only?
- The Regulatory Impact of Healthcare Reform on Medical Law
- Exploring the Rights of Patients in Medical Decision Making
- Nationality legislation: what do they mean for immigrants?
- Under which legal circumstances should immigrants be allowed entrance into UK?
- An Analysis of Immigration Law and its Impact on Economic Disparities
- Determining sham marriage & process of verdict appealing
- Under what circumstances are immigrants assigned status of refugees?
- Should mentally ill people be given a status of lawful immigrants?
- What possible violations can occur in legislation pertaining to immigrants?
- Should immigrants who have not attained permanent residence status, receive life term in prison if they commit a crime?
- UK immigration vs. emigration: difficulties & similarities
- Immigrants’ children conceived or born onterritory: their rights & limitations
- The Analysis of International Immigration Law and Human Rights
- The Impact of Immigration Law on Immigration Court Decisions
- Britain rules of rendition & extradition for immigrants in 2023
- The role in the settlement of the Afghan crisis immigrants
- The portrayal of immigrants by the popular media
- Social media campaigns , aimed at immigrants
- Should the status of Russian immigrants be changed?
- What are the rights of refugee children?
- The Effect of Immigration Law on Refugee Asylum Seekers
- A Review of the Impact of Immigration Law on Undocumented Immigrants
- Regulations aimed to stop corruption: benefits or limitations
- A corporate veil: meaning, history, & implications for the future
- Companies’ Act amendments: reasons as well as motivations
- Should corporate governance be oriented towards soft or hard regulations?
- How can person’s incompetence be determined from legal perspective?
- What commercial laws should be applied against dishonest managers? If so, why?
- Commercial partnerships: hidden dangers and their potential results
- Burdens faced by creditors: discussion from legal perspective
- Pre-incorporation contracts: what are they or how are they entered?
- commercial laws: what should be changed, discarded, or added?
- How has commercial law changed during Covid-19 time?
- The use of outsourced work methods through the lens of commercial laws ?
- Northern Ireland vs Wales: commercial restrictions in 2022.
- The Impact of Brexit on Commercial Contracts in the UK
- The Role of Precedent in the Development of Commercial Law
- Exploring the Regulatory Framework for Corporate Restructuring
- The Challenges of International Trade in the 21st Century
- An Analysis of the Duty of Care in Negligence Claims in Commercial Law
- EU tolerance legislation forunder Brexit conditions
- How does EU enforce its regulations in regard to UK?
- Work regulations imposed by EU onworkers
- Legal relations between EU & UK: background or history
- Equality: differences as well as similarities between UK & EU
- EU citizens’ rights to move between countries legally
- What mechanisms have been used to support trade markets?
- An Analysis of the European Union’s Competition Law and the Effect on the Business Environment
- EU participation in market stability
- The Impact of the European Union’s Digital Single Market on the Economy
- Examining the European Union’s Data Protection Directive: Balancing Freedom of Information with Data Protection Rights
- EU in upholding appropriate human rights situation in a world
- The Benefits and Challenges of the European Union’s Common Immigration Policy
- Student mobility between EU countries: legal viewpoint
- The biased attitude to the current post-EU voting system
- EU-based pressure and the delays in logistics.
- What reasons have pushed the government towards stricter borders during post-Brexit times?
- The Legality of the European Union’s Common Agricultural Policy
- How does Companies’ Act affect outsiders’ rights?
- Legal duties of companies’ directors: past, present, or possible future
- Limited Liability Partnership Model: is it effective or should it be replaced?
- The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on the Financial Performance of Companies
- In what cases can corporate liability regulations be evoked? What leads to?
- Companies breaking environmental laws: top legislation breakers & their crimes instances
- How may force companies to follow environmental standards without breaking other related regulations?
- What other regulations should be established by environmental legislation for companies?
- Financial & non-financial drivers of corporate governance
- An Evaluation of Corporate Law in Relation to Employee Rights and Protection
- Corporate social responsibility that firms have to follow: terms & regulations
- Corporate governance role in Covid-19 crisis
- How have corporations taken place in the Afghanistan crisis in 2021?
- Huawei conflict and Great Britain's role in the settlement.
- How do American sanctions versus Russia affect the companies?
- What changes have been implemented in the corporate governance methods regarding electricity prices rise?
- An Analysis of the Role of Corporate Governance in the Regulation of Multinational Corporations
- The Impact of Tax Avoidance Strategies on Corporate Reputation
- Tax history
- Self-employment in 2023: the tax matters
- Tax Planning Strategies to Mitigate Corporate Tax Liability
- Freelancers & taxes: legal way to work in an unofficial capacity
- Tax evasions : most genius offenses and ways they were revealed
- Taxes & way they are applied to e-commerce
- Examining the Impact of Tax Law on Charitable Giving
- International income taxes & complying with them
- A comparison between& US taxation system from legal viewpoint
- Evading taxes & counter-actions aimed to identify them
- The Evolution of Tax Law and Its Impact on International Businesses
- Accidental taxation frauds: is it possible?
- In what cases taxation may be cancelled?
- The role of taxation in the freelance business in 2023
- An Analysis of the Effects of Tax Law on Investment Decisions
- Social media blogging: is taxing applicable?
- Britain taxation laws vs EU-regulated rules
- Exploring the Impact of Tax Reform on Small Business Owners
As you see, there are numerous interesting topics that you may choose as a student for your dissertation. The lists above have given you many law dissertation ideas, so you can use them, modify them, mix them as you wish. But how to write law essay? That’s where problems emerge.
EduBirdie helps you in cases when you feel down or unmotivated. We offer best dissertation writing services and we provide excellent law assignment help. Our professional writers will outline and compose your law dissertation that will pleasantly surprise both you and the entire commission board. They brainstorm, come up with perfect idea themselves or follow your directions. You decide by yourself. With quality guarantees we ensure, you aren’t risking anything, so write to us now and forget your dissertation-related worries!
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, 50+ marketing dissertation topics in 2022.
Relevant Marketing Topics in 2022 Finding good marketing dissertation topics that will reflect your best skills and still remain within your cou...
50+ MBA Dissertation Topics to Do a Relevant Dissertation
Writing a dissertation is definitely a challenging, effort-intensive task. For one thing, difficulties commonly start at the stage of picking a dis...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
Put a stop to deadline pressure, and have your homework done by an expert.
237 Law Dissertation Topics To Impress Your Professor
For every PhD or Masters student of law, the dissertation is the last stride. The fear it breeds in many students is because of the complexity involved in writing the dissertation or thesis. A dissertation is an academic document that shows your career expertise and research capacity.
While it is difficult to write, it is more difficult to develop dissertation topics. There are different categories of law, and you may be faced with the challenge of creating something knowledgeable to show you’re educated and fit to earn your certificate.
Dissertations must be unique, and this content is a post of undergraduate dissertation topics that will blow your professor’s mind. Go through the list and choose a topic you can afford to research and write like experts. Before you do that, how do you go about your law dissertation structure?
Law Dissertation Structure
While the structure of your research depends on what you’re writing on and the general expectations from your professor or supervisor, a structure looks like this:
The Title Page This is where you write your topic as well as your name. The Abstract This is a concise overview of everything your research is about. It must not be more than 300 words, and it should be written after you complete the project. This is because you need to integrate what you set out to do and what you found out during research and writing in your abstract. Table of Content This is a proper structure of each title and subtitles discussed in your dissertation. Introduction This is sometimes a summary of what you need to discuss in the dissertation. However, it integrates the background of the study and many other things that will be discussed below. Research Methodology This is a clarification of your intended method for research. It is an overview of how you’ll conduct the research and the form of research it will be. You may choose to use both qualitative and quantitative research method, or either of the two. Literature Review This is perhaps the most dreaded part of dissertations. Your literature review is important as it shows your understanding of previous discussions on your chosen topic. It demonstrates that you’re educated and willing to undergo thorough research to create an impeccable dissertation.You only need to review about eight to ten of the literature to provide an interesting argument on your topic. Your literature review must be profound, and it must assess almost every detail your dissertation topic is centered around. Results or Evidence This is generally the presentation of your arguments and the provision of facts to back them up. You must discuss the problem you investigated and the findings you have. You should use the chapters and the subheadings to create the best dissertation anyone in your class or graduate school could ever write. Conclusion This is the part where you draw the curtain on your ideas. At this juncture, you carefully write a concise overview of everything you’ve written to repeat everything at a glance. Recommendations This is where you suggest opinions that readers with authority can consider to improve on what you’ve discussed. If there are complexities, your recommendations are pointers to correcting them.
Now that you know these, attempt any of these interesting custom law dissertation topics for your university dissertation. However, if you have better since to do than wasting your time on a boring paper, buy dissertation from our expert helpers and feel free to perform any activities you want.
Law Dissertation Ideas
Dissertations require your profound reflection on the reality of the issues posed at you. You need to consider pre-existing debates on a concept and add your voice to the arguments. You can subject your dissertation to any of these law topics:
- Argue a new framework for gun laws in the US
- Examine the essentiality of new healthcare policies
- The source of the judicial power in the UK is much different from the US, discuss
- How does the international court infringe on the judiciary system of any country of your choice?
- Comment on any of the war crimes trials of any leader in the past
- Comment on the duty of care for children and how it could seem like a liability
- Citing three examples, what necessitates the need for reforms?
- How did the UK government reform its political structure?
- How did the US meet up with the global requirements for judiciary structure?
- What is heh legal framework of online advertisement?
- What are the laws biding privacy in social media?
- The recent trends on privacy issues citing Facebook.
- What would be the alternative if Facebook and Google don’t “exploit” user data to provide the feeds that matter most to their users?
- The legal framework for web3
- Reactions from leading authorities on the worry over Bitcoin
- How can web3 change the legal atmosphere?
- Police interrogations and the American legal system: comment
- The Indian police and human rights issues: discuss
- The Afghanistan or Taliban soldier and the place of the judiciary amid violence
- Importance of corporate social responsibility in public firms
- The provision for UNHCR and the nature of their work
- The Chinese police, in comparison with Russian police
- A legal study of isolated North Korea
- A legal examination of Switzerland
- How children rehabilitation could end the conflict
- Religious laws are against legal thoughts: discuss
- What is the place of state extremism in law?
- The Indian Constitution and the establishment of free speech
- The concerns about the American constitution
- A critical analysis of emergency provisions in the France constitution.
Criminal Law Dissertation Topics
Crime is a common thing in contemporary society. It is punishable by law, and criminal law is defined by the laws governing the punishments for all crimes. If you’d devote your dissertation to criminal law, you can choose from this best list of topics:
- The overwhelming nature of the death penalty
- Racial prejudice and consequences in Poland
- The Switz bank and the challenges with crime
- Racial crimes in India and the provisions
- Racial crimes in South Africa and the provisions for justice
- Why every country should have provisions for racial crimes
- How the police launch an investigation into a rape case
- Critically evaluate the challenges of the Russian police
- Assess the movie Money Heist, in concert with any country’s legal provisions for crime
- Analyze recent discoveries on sexual offenses act from any country of your choice
- Give a comprehensive review of the difference between a male or female victim of rape
- Evaluate the factors that can affecting the proceedings of a defendant in court
- Why is a defendant always advised not to take the stand?
- How credible can lie detectors be?
- Investigate crime and morality and the existing thin line
- The war on terror and US global policing: comment
- Assess the violence in cracking down protests in any country of your choice
- Implications of war on terrors in the UK
- An overview of human rights and Islamic provisions
- Gang and crime: difference to individual crime.
Family Law Dissertation Topics
There are major issues families face. These are what family law devotes attention to, and the issue of divorce and child custody are some of the most pressing issues. You can choose any of these good topics for your dissertation:
- Citing any country in Latin America, what are the event changes in family law?
- The persistence of domestic violence in any country of your choice
- The American government provides for victims of domestic abuse: how?
- The essence of social and legal foundations in the security of marriage
- Resolving conflict in the home without affecting kids
- How do partners account for weaknesses?
- How family laws negate contemporary laws
- The influence of divorce on the reformation of family law
- What are the parameters that ascertain who takes child custody?
- Examine the literature review on child justice
- Cite the case of a child living with a disability and the challenges parents face
- Comment on the legal framework of parenting
- Defend why physical corrections or assaults are illegal in the US
- The rising questions about the status of the US family law structure
- Child maintenance act: review any three countries provisions
- Laws relating to divorce in the UK
- The exceptions for divorce
- Child welfare: secondary or primary to family law?
- Domestic violence: compare and contrast male and female experiences
- Partnership and parenting are the same: discuss.
Medical Law Dissertation Topics
These are dissertation topics that deal with the duties and the rights of both patients and medical personnel. You can choose to demonstrate how law safeguards these individuals through any of these law topics:
- Law binding organ donors
- The world should rethink euthanasia
- Law binding IVF treatment
- Law binding abortion rights
- Why marijuana should be adopted in medical care
- Why doctors should face the consequences for failed surgeries
- Ethics in the medical profession
- Patients can be allowed to take their life
- Should incarcerated criminals be treated when sick?
- In what cases can doctors release confidential medical reports of their clients?
- Laws on egg donation should be reviewed
- Is surrogacy ethical?
- Who is responsible for complications during surgeries and why?
- What are the ethics in medicine?
- What is the meeting point for law and medicine?
- Laws guiding high mental disorders
- Lawsuits affect medical practices: comment
- Law and animal cruelty
- Law on assisted suicide
- The law on unregistered medical intervention.
Human Rights Law Dissertation Topics
You may consider focusing on the fundamental law for all humans. Human rights laws guide everyone without prejudice to any specific biases. You can then choose to elaborate on any of these good dissertation topics — law:
- Life imprisonment and how it changes people
- European Convention on Human Rights and provisions on life imprisonment
- Same-sex marriage and human rights: evaluate
- Human rights and society unity: discuss
- The complex nature of human rights and permission to abortion
- The life and death penalty and the exceptions
- What are the pointers to achieving human rights at the workplace
- How international human rights bodies can help states without human rights
- Human rights and social media
- The international bodies role in achieving human rights in Asia
- The intervention of first world countries in achieving human rights in third world countries
- The academic approach to human rights and law
- Women are more prioritized than men: comment
- Human rights are overrated: discuss
- Strong institutions and wealth are essential to achieving human rights
- Workplace bullying contradicts human rights laws: discuss
- Human right is a luxury
- Data protection policies do not work
- A special constitution on human rights should be created
- What is the place of torture in human rights law?
Employment Law Dissertation Topics
The relationship between employers and employees is examined in employment law. It also encompasses employment security, labor activities, wages, trade unions, and more. You can attempt any of these topics:
- A comprehensive overview of job security provisions
- How gender difference is a determinant of job recruitment
- The trade unions are as important as the employees
- An overview of discrimination law in any Scandinavian country
- An overview of the laws for disabled people
- The relationship between the work environment in the US and Germany
- The challenges of human rights protection at the workplace
- The chaos of employees regulations act in any country of your choice
- Citing proper case studies, evaluate the role played by trade unions
- Role, challenges, and prospects of trade unions in India
- Role and challenges of trade unions in China
- Review the human rights section of an international firm and spot errors
- Social work in conjunction with employment law: comment
- How do remote job contracts work in the US?
- Evaluate how airlines relate with their employees
- Compare and contrast the US and UK Employment laws
- Discuss employment mobility in India
- How contractor relationships with employees become learned
- The challenges in the UK after exit from Brexit
- The efficiency of human rights in pursuing and getting equal wages.
Company Law Dissertation Topics
These topics discuss incorporation benefits, assets of limited liability, capital, gaining investors, and many other laws that encircle company activities. You can choose to elaborate on any of the best custom law topics:
- Why non-executive directors are essential
- How companies promote corporate governance
- Corporate governance is essential over corporate social responsibility: discuss
- The minority is not important while making company decisions since the majority love it: discuss
- How minority shareholder rights are prioritized
- What are the best practices for corporate governance?
- The consequence of the 2008 financial crisis in the companies responsible
- How companies take responsibility for mass errors: cite three cases
- Corporate laws in African markets
- Corporate laws in Chinese markets
- How do companies protect their interest outside the home country
- How do improve corporate performance of s company through law
- The principle of corporate governance and the practical models
- The thin line between corporate governance and social responsibility
- How does corporate governance influence the line of actions in Switzerland?
- The challenges in establishing corporate governance policies
- Compare and contrast Islamic shariah and corporate governance law
- How governments influence corporate governance
- A study of the laws ensuring multinational organizations pay tax
- The challenge of underdeveloped economies in achieving true social responsibility to the public.
International Law Dissertation Topics
You may choose to express your education on the laws that guide how sovereign states relate in the international space. These are dissertation topics that express how states are treated across borders. Consider these:
- Relationship between international law and domestic law
- How does the UK address terrors?
- How does the US address terror?
- How does Russia address terror just as it’s doing with Ukraine?
- How does South Africa assess pressure or terror and react?
- How does China react and act to pressure?
- What binds any country to obey international laws?
- Brexit: what does it mean for the world?
- What is the role of the US in maintaining global order
- The challenges in enforcing international law
- Human rights issues in India
- How nationals of other countries may commit a crime and escape it
- The provision for digital crimes
- The provision safeguarding trading on cryptocurrency
- What are the attempts to protect international human rights in the face of undue pressure from marginalized persons
- What are the biggest odds for corporate social responsibility?
- What do fast-rising cities mean for international migration and human rights?
- What does terrorism mean to human rights?
- How does a nation attain credibility as a safe country to live in?
- How can rape as an international crime be acknowledged in countries where the military rules?
- The future of the Arab Israeli crisis
- Can it be rightly said that the elongation of the crisis is because of the intervention of superpowers?
- Safe travel into Jerusalem: discuss
- Safety in the international community: a facade
- Prospects for the Ukrainian and Russian crisis
- Prospects of fast-rising third world countries and commitment to international human rights
- How wars can hamper human rights
- Human rights and attainment of weapons of war, what’s more important?
- Challenges of investors in the global market
- How renewable energy is still a distant dream in the international space
Commercial Law Dissertation Topics
You can decide to write on the topics relating to legal practice in trade, commerce, sales, environmental regulations, real estate regulations, etc. Consider these active topics:
- Predatory pricing: a case study of China
- Trade policies of China
- Compare and contrast the trade policies of China and India
- Compare and contrast the trade policies of members of the EU
- Assess the conclusion of the Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods and what it means for the world
- Assess the role of international commercial companies in promoting exploitation
- The challenge of investing in real estate and the law that protects the investment
- How does a country’s trading law affect multinational companies?
- Examine how Pre-incorporation contract means and how it works
- How to meditate corporate social responsibility
- Effects of Chinese laws on MNCs
- A case study of Tesla: how did Tesla gain Mary edge in China
- Evaluate commercial law in Wales and the UK
- Commercial law, compare and contrast USA and Switzerland
- Choose two countries in Latin America and assess the relationship of MNCs there
- Africa is dumping yard for European products: discuss
- Critically assess the emergence of international law
- Investigate how sufficient a country can be without MNCs, using their case studies
- The consequences of international commercial laws in Mexico
- Evaluate corporate social responsibility in India
Intellectual Property Law Dissertation Topics
Intellectual property lawyers deal with the rights of artistic works and intangible assets. You can find your dissertation on topics like:
- How technology affects intellectual property rights
- How technology helps with the manipulation of copyright
- How protected are trademarks in Europe?
- How protected are trademarks in India?
- How protected are intellectual property rights: compare and contrast the UK and the US
- Is there a concern about trademarks in China?
- Emerging technologies and intellectual property rights
- Copyright laws: discuss
- How do painters protect their work?
- How artists stay secure even on the internet
- Compare and contrast intellectual property in China and India
- Evaluate the patterns to latent models
- How to secure ideas with intellectual property rights
- Is file-sharing against intellectual property rights?
- How rephrasing violates intellectual property rights
- Intellectual property rights in Russia
- Patent lawsuits: cite three lawsuits on patent protection
- How laws on copyright are improved
- How laws on patent protection can be improved
- EU and America: compare and contrast intellectual property laws
- How can intellectual property rights be safeguarded permanently?
- The policies of YouTube on copyright
- The policies of Spotify on copyright and how it follows it up
- The policies of Netflix on copyright and how it follows it up
- The challenges of copyrights in banned books
- The digitization of the media and copyright issues
- Intellectual property rights in the Middle East.
Professional Dissertation Writing Help
Now that you have access to the best dissertation topics law you can create a high quality dissertation for your graduate school degree. You can even wow your supervisor with a custom proposal that you don’t need to write.
If you’d like to focus on something else, you can hire a team of professional writers for your college, undergraduate, or graduate classes. We are an online assignment help service that has offered hundreds of dissertation help to students across Europe, including Ivy-League schools. Great thing is: we’re based online.
Our writers are educated, and they’ll create dissertations that will make you succeed. You will earn top marks, and you won’t have issues connecting with us because we have 24/7 customer support. We are affordable, pocket-friendly, and we have a fast response rate. We’ll write the best dissertation for your graduation when you make an order.
Get on top of your homework.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Edinburgh Research Archive
- ERA Home
- Law, School of
Law thesis and dissertation collection
By Issue Date Authors Titles Subjects Publication Type Sponsor Supervisors
Search within this Collection:
Presented here is a selection of theses and dissertations from the School of Law. Please note that this is not a complete record of all degrees awarded by the School.
This material is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Liberty versus security under illiberal constitutionalism: the legality of criminalising humanitarian assistance in hungary and greece , operationalising ‘publicness’ in data-intensive health research regulation: an examination of the public interest as a regulatory device , worldmaking powers of law and performance: queer politics beyond/against neoliberal legalism , development of law of the sea by unclos dispute settlement procedures: towards a coherent jurisprudence , evaluating the european union's response to online misinformation and disinformation: how to address harm while maximising freedom of expression , reconciling reverse burdens of proof with the presumption of innocence: a new approach , uses of roman law in the construction of the concept of possession in the german-speaking countries in the nineteenth century , paths of effectiveness, fairness and legitimacy for eliciting public confidence in policing and cooperation with the police in monterrey metropolitan neighbourhoods , reforming the criminal law on assisted dying: a proposal for new defences , rectification, realignment and indemnity in scottish and swiss land registration law , persistent legal disagreement: its nature and theoretical relevance , provisional and protective measures in commercial conflict of laws: a jurisdictional study of international litigation and international arbitration , leases and licences in scots law: an historical-doctrinal analysis , cover songs, remixes, and copyright: an empirical examination of music prosumers’ interactions with copyright and related enforcement regimes on youtube , female domestic servants and the law: an analysis of gender, class and the contract of service in early nineteenth-century scotland , to what extent, if at all, are the eligibility criteria in the assisted dying bill likely to adequately safeguard terminally ill persons , maritime entitlements and the changing atlas: the effect of coastal changes on maritime limits and maritime boundaries , the united nations' relationship with civil society: development of the 2nd charter 'the united peoples' and the united nations' principled decision-making policy through the naber model , wrongful competition: a comparative study of private law approaches to competition regulation , economic fragmentation in the legal system of the late roman empire .
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
Outstanding Law Thesis Topics for Law Students
At some point, every law student in the UK and US universities is required to write a thesis or dissertation. In many cases, it is the last hurdle before graduating from a law graduate school. This requirement evokes excitement and horror in equal measures. On the one hand, it is a unique opportunity to interrogate an area of interest academically, but on the other end, it is a monumental responsibility. Therefore, where do you even start? The answer is the ‘topic.’
Because a dissertation is a long piece of writing, the topic you select is very crucial. It will determine how easy or difficult the journey of writing your thesis will be. But how do you even come up with great legal topics to write about?
The first step to picking great law thesis topics is narrowing to areas of interest. In this post, we are going to help you cut to the chase by outlining outstanding legal thesis topics that you can use today. Do not just settle for any topic, go for the best!
Why Scholars Should Choose the Best Law Dissertation Topics
The law thesis topic you select can make or break your dream career. Therefore, no effort should be spared in getting a good topic and crafting a thesis that will catapult you to the next level of your career. Here are some benefits of identifying and working with the best law dissertation topic.
- A great thesis topic allows you to explore the areas that are lacking in the legal profession. Well, you have the opportunity to fill the gap and make a name for yourself.
- A good dissertation topic offers you the opportunity to work on an area of interest. Unlike other areas of your study, this is the only opportunity where you have the freedom to choose. Therefore, select what you associate with and fancy more.
- The topic you select will determine how easy or hard it will be to prepare your thesis. With this in mind, you should go for interesting law topics that have enough resources. If you select the topics with no resources, there is a risk of getting stuck at some point.
- Interesting legal topics to write about also make it easy to defend the thesis. When selecting the topic, it is important to understand that at the end of it, you will be required to defend the thesis. You should only go for the topic that you can easily defend and grab that degree, masters, or PhD accreditation that you have been yearning for years.
Now that you know why you should only go for the best topics, we are going to list the best topics that you should consider in legal studies.
Criminal Law Thesis Topics
Criminal law is an area of legal study and practice that defines what constitutes crime and prosecution of those who commit such crimes. Crime is considered an act or omission of an action that violates a law that forbids or commands it.
As you select legal topics for research papers or a thesis in criminal law, it is important to appreciate that the branch of law is broken into two main categories – misdemeanor and felony. Misdemeanors are crimes considered of low level, and that attracts penalties of less than one-year jail-term. On the other hand, a felony is a more serious crime. Felonies include crimes such as robbery with violence, murder, dealing with drugs, and manslaughter. Here are some great dissertation topics in criminal law.
- A comprehensive evaluation of male and female rape legislations: What are the key differences?
- Analyzing the use of lie detectors in criminal justice: How effective are the lie detectors?
- Evaluating the misuse of manslaughter laws in the US: What are the best ways to protect victims?
- Evaluating crime-related factors that should not be presented in a court of law.
- What are the best ways to protect witnesses from retaliation in criminal cases?
- A deeper look at the history of the death penalty.
- A thematic review of criminal theory: Exploring the link between crime and morality.
- An investigation into the challenges of identifying nature and distribution of crime: A case study of London.
- Use of anonymity in sexual offences lawsuits: How to strike a balance between the rights of defendants and victims.
- What are the implications of the war on terror on the enforcement of criminal law: A case study of the US.
- Evaluating cases of racial prejudice among the prisoners in the US.
- Analyzing the relationship between Islamic criminal law and human rights.
International Law Research Topics
International law is a comprehensive body of norms, standards, and rules that are used between legally recognized international states. The term was first used between 1748 and 1832 by Jeremy Bentham, an English philosopher. It is an interesting area to derive international business law topics because you are able to look at and deal with real problems that face the globe and individual states today.
You can focus your study on things such as war, peace, diplomacy, and economic trade issues. When selecting dissertation topics in international law, it is prudent to appreciate that the discipline has been greatly influenced by ethical principles, especially in the realms of human rights. Here are some great international law topics that you should consider:
- Assessing the challenges faced by different parties when applying the Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
- Evaluating the future of consumer protection in the post-Brexit era.
- Assessing history and future possibilities of the US and UK military cooperation in addressing terror.
- Evaluating situations in law when a country is allowed by international law to intervene in the affairs of other countries.
- Comparing gaps in human rights law: A closer look at the UK.
- Did the US involvement in Iraq provide justice or violate the law?
- What are the problems of enforcing international law in developing countries? A case study of South Africa and India.
- Evaluating the efficiency of International Tribunals in solving war crimes.
- Rethinking the principles used to formulate international criminal laws.
- Assessing the relationship between public safety and civil liberties in international laws.
- Digital and internet legislation: Forecasting the future.
- International Human Rights Court Hearings: Evaluating the importance of precedence.
Legal Dissertation Topics in Family Law
If you have an interest in legal relationships at the family level, it is advisable to look for dissertation topics in family law. Family law is an area of legal practice that focuses on matters surrounding family relationships. By picking a thesis topic in family law, you will be honing your skills in dealing with issues such as divorce, adoption, and child custody.
Note that according to family law, individual states have their rights to determine the requirements for marriage, including things such as age, legal capacity, and procedures of different things such as marriage and divorce. Therefore, there are very many areas you can focus your dissertation on. Here are some great thesis topics to consider in family law:
- Reviewing the major changes of family law in the last 50 years: A case study of the UK.
- Assessing human rights in states that follow religious laws for families: A case study of India.
- Analyzing the impact of culture on family lawsuits: A case study of Manchester, UK.
- Domestic violence: Evaluating the repercussions for males vs. females.
- Making decisions in divorce cases: Establishing to what extent the child’s desire to stay with one party should influence the decisions made by the courts.
- Evaluating the impacts of the law on divorce: Has it increased the cases of divorce or reduced them?
- What are the legal implications of child neglect in the US: A systematic review of literature
- Evaluating the compatibility of child justice with family justice: A case study of the UK.
- Assessing the factors that hinder couples from pursuing a divorce.
- Is it time to reform US family law?
- Analyzing the legal foundations of parenting and civil partnerships.
Employment Law Dissertation Topics
Employment law is another broad area of legal practice that focuses on employer-employee relationships. If a business has several employees (more than one), it is likely to apply employment law in one area or another. This legal niche comprises of both federal and state laws, and further hinges other subjects such as workers’ rights. This means that if you target employment law for your dissertation, there is a very wide area to pick the topic of choice.
In employment law, it is not simply about understanding which law to apply. In addition, you need to know when a specific law covers a subject, and at what point to seek help from an attorney. Some of the areas that you can base your employment law dissertation include workers’ compensation, labor relations, immigration, social security, wrongful termination, minimum wage, employee benefits, and employment discrimination. To help you with the chase, here are the top employment law dissertation topics that you should consider:
- The convergence of employment laws and religion in the USA: A literature review.
- Comparing the UK laws before and after exiting the European Union.
- Analyzing the impact of trade unions and their work in the UK: What are their successes and challenges?
- A comparative analysis of employment laws application in the automotive industry in the US and UK.
- Are you secure in your job: A comprehensive review of employment contracts and job contracts in the US manufacturing industry.
- Reviewing international firms’ law application and enforcement issues: A case study of Barclays Bank and Southwest Airlines.
- Reviewing legal perspectives of social work employment: A case study of California, USA.
- Employee dismissal: Comparing the legal basis for staff dismissal in the US and EU.
- Equal employment opportunities: Comparing gender differences in the UK and US regulations.
- Evaluating the efficiency of workplace sexual harassment: A case study of the US and UK.
- A legal viewpoint of employee mobility between European Union countries.
- A critical evaluation of the employment law of disabled individuals in the US. What policies should be integrated to enhance its efficiency?
Commercial Law Dissertation Topics
Commercial law is another broad area of legal practice that deals with laws related to persons, businesses, and merchants engaging in sales, trade, and commerce. In some cases, it is also referred to as commercial law. Indeed, it interacts with other areas including real estate, environmental regulation, and safety laws.
To pick a good commercial law dissertation topic, it is important to understand the common issues in the niche. Notably, commercial laws are associated with distinct issues relating to transactions between businesses as well as with their clients. The most notable is the breach of contract by one or both parties. Other issues you can focus on when selecting the commercial law topic include:
- Issues related to unfair competition.
- Disputes and violations related to advertising and marketing.
- Complexities associated with starting new businesses.
- Consumer complaints about businesses and business practices.
- Trade secrets.
When an issue in commercial law is raised, it is resolved depending on the nature of the conflict, or type of violation. The following are some great commercial legal thesis topics you should consider:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of commercial law to support commercial transactions in the US.
- Reviewing the US commercial laws: What should be changed or added?
- Assessing the effectiveness of international commercial law programs in UK universities.
- Reviewing the implications of international commercial law in UK commercial laws.
- Reviewing the use of international commercial law in the energy projects across the globe.
- Evaluating the commercial laws that should be used against dishonest managers.
- A closer look at commercial partnerships: What are the dangers and potential results?
- Evaluating the regulations aimed at stopping corruption: A case study of the UK.
- A comprehensive analysis of pre-incorporation contracts: How do they work?
- A comprehensive evaluation of arbitration under commercial law: A closer look at policy practice in the UK.
- Assessing the mediating role of corporate social responsibility in companies’ performance.
Intellectual Property Law Thesis topics
Intellectual property law is a branch of law that deals with rules for enforcing legal rights, artistic works, designs, and inventions. The same way law protects personal property, so does it protect the control of intangible assets. The aim of this law is benefiting inventors for their creative works.
In the US constitution, Article 1, Section 8 empowers Congress with authority to issue inventors and authors exclusive rights to their works. And, it is not just the US. The UK, Germany, and the EU, among other countries, also have strong statutes crafted to protect intellectual property.
As a student of law, there are diverse areas you can focus on when selecting a topic in intellectual property law. You can focus on copyright that protects people’s rights to their creative work, patents that grant legal rights to original inventions, or trademarks. Others include industrial design rights, trade dress, and plant variety rights. Here are some great intellectual property law dissertation topics that you should consider.
- A comprehensive assessment of the economic impacts of intellectual property rights: A case study of the UK.
- Evaluating the extent and effectiveness of indigenous people’s intellectual rights protection in the US.
- Can the emerging technological advancements operate smoothly with the current intellectual property laws in the US?
- Demystifying the relationship between intellectual property laws and EU regulations?
- Evaluating laws for intellectual property rights protection on the internet.
- A deeper look at the innovation and patent model in the UK: Can the current highly stringent system drive innovation?
- Does the EU copyright law provide ample balance between the needs of inventors and users?
- Evaluating the fair dealing in terms of copyright law: A case study of the US.
- Comparing and contrasting the intellectual property regimes in the UK and US.
- Is the EU intellectual property law safe and fair for users and owners?
- How has EU law impacted the intellectual property regime in the UK?
- What more needs to be done to improve the effectiveness of the current intellectual property laws in the US?
- Evaluating the implications of Brexit on the protection of intellectual property rights in the UK.
Medical Law Dissertation Topics
Medical law is a branch of law that focuses on the responsibilities and rights of medical professionals and patients. Like other legal areas, medical law has different areas that a scholar can focus on. The common area you can focus your dissertation on is confidentiality. Confidentiality between medical experts and patients can be traced back to the English Common Law. But it has recently been codified so that any information provided to a doctor during diagnosis or treatment cannot be released without the patient’s consent or unless the patient demonstrates intention for personal harm.
The other area of interest that you can base your dissertation on is negligence. It can relate to professional malpractice in diagnosing or treating patients resulting in death or injury. But it is important to appreciate that other torts also cross into the medical law field. For example, a medical professional can defame a patient by disclosing the wrong info. Here are some great medical dissertation topics that you should consider.
- Should judges, handling medical-related disputes, undergo special education to make their judgments fact-based?
- Evaluating the laws governing organ transplantation: A case study of the US.
- Abortion: At what point should an embryo be considered capable of having feelings, and abortion should be forbidden?
- Forced sterilization: Who should be targeted, and how should it be implemented?
- Evaluating medical complications in surgeries: What is the best way to decide the responsible party?
- Exploring the legal aspects of electronic fetal monitoring.
- How do ethics and medical law coexist?
- How do lawsuits affect medical practitioners’ commitment to offering lifesaving treatments?
- Law application in medicine: Exploring the antecedents and practice.
- Evaluating the ethical and legal challenges of using biobanks.
- Can a medical practitioner remain neutral when treating a mental disorder?
- Evaluating the effectiveness of animal cruelty punishment methods: A case study of Oregon, USA.
- Unregistered medical intervention in the UK: What are the legal implications?
After Selecting Great Topics … The Writing Journey Has Just Began!
Once you have selected the best legal dissertation topic, your dissertation writing journey has just begun. Therefore, how do you do it? You need to start by creating the right dissertation structure and work with your supervisor. Then, start early enough and work on the dissertation step after step until it is completed.
But we are not going to lie here: writing a dissertation is a huge task. Many are the times that people have written dissertations, only to be told that they are wrong. You do not want to follow that route. Do you?
The sure way to ensure you have the best dissertation is seeking thesis writing help . The writing help is affordable and is offered by expert writers. And, you know what? They have been writing dissertations for years and know the best structure for a winning piece.
NOTE: The dissertation is your last shot at getting a nod to graduate with a master’s or PhD degree. Therefore, make sure to get the right topic and craft the best dissertation with writing help from experts.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Home > LAW > LAW_ETDS
School of Law Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2022 2022.
The interchange of State and Religion Relationship, and the Corresponding Impact on Conforming with Freedom of Religion under the United Nations’ Jurisprudence: A Comparison between the French, the United States, and the Saudi Arabian legal systems. , Ahmed Aljenaedel
Architecture and Copyright , Kui Shirley Cai
Fiduciary Duties in Corporate Law and Privacy Law , Zhaoyi Li
A Comparison of the CISG, Chinese Sales Law, and U.S. Sales Law , Yuqing Nie
Rethinking International Antitrust Regulation : a Window On The Future Of International Trade Conflicts , Weimin Shen
Equitable Liability and the Rule of Law in China , Yongxia Wang
Analysis and Reconstruction of Copyright Protection in Open Source Software , Quanli Zhao
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Compensating Franchisees for Non-Renewal or Termination of Their Agreements: A Comparative Study Highlighting the Approaches in Kuwait and the United States , Fawaz Alawadhi
PROMOTING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF SAUDI ARABIAN COPYRIGHT: A comparative Analytical study Between Saudi and the United States Copyright (Conditions, Exceptions, and Limitations) , Reem A. Alflaiej
Tort and Contract Remedies in Islamic law: A Comparative Study with Anglo-American Law , Yasir Almalki
Market Power of Digital Platforms: An Investigation of the Online Networking Market , Shin-Ru Cheng
China's Ministry of Commerce's Merger Review - Looking Into the "Black Box" to Find its Competition Policy , Huizhen Chen
Compelled Decryption and the Right Against Self-Incrimination: Obsta Principiis , Michael Washington
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
The Stillborn Constitutional Court of Qatar and Judicial Review : a Clash Between the Executive and Judiciary ; a Comparative Study in Islam, Egyptian, American, Kuwaiti, and U.A.E. Models of Judicial Review , Hamad Hamed Ali ALHABABI
Understanding Minority Shareholders Protections in Relation to Mandatory Bids Rule: A Comparative Study Between Kuwait law and U.S Law , Fahad Alshammari
Providing a Blueprint for Kuwaiti to Promote Alternative Dispute Resolution (Mediation and Arbitration) for Commercial Disputes to Improve the Kuwaiti Economy , Abdulaziz Alshbib Almutairi
Managing Prosecutorial Discretion Through Victim Participation in Prosecutions – a Comparative Study of the United States, Japan and Taiwan , Nai-Hsuan Yang
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Legal Requirements of Custody: A Comparative Study between the United States and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia , Nouf Alarjani
Punitive Damages: A comparative study of the U.S. and Qatari law. , Mohammed Hassan AlKaabi
On the Inquisitorial Spectrum : The Story of Comparative Criminal Procedure , Isaac Amon
Law Debugging --- Refining Software Patent Laws in the U.S. and China. , Chen Chen
A Comparative Study on Privatization and Public-Private Partnerships in the United States and China , Bo Hao Guan
Islamic Legal Positivism : Reforming Islamic Jurisprudence Using the Equity , Cyrus Daniel Loreson
Fair Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory (FRAND) Commitment Disputes and Antitrust Law–An Analysis of Bundled Rebate Under FRAND Commitment Context , Thomas Y. Lu
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Promoting a More Circumspect Court System in Saudi Arabia : Limiting Judicial Discretionary Powers : A Dissertation , Ali Alfaifi
The Saudi Movement Toward a Modern Secured Lending Law: A Critical Comparative Analysis with Article 9 of the U.S. Uniform Commercial Code and a Proposal for Further Modernization , Abdullah Saad Almuqrin
Reformation of Saudi Arabia Contracts Law : a Comparative Analysis of the Restatement (Second) of Contracts in the U.S.A. (1981) , Mesfer Mohammed Alsaluli
Reforming the Chinese Model of Trust Property Ownership : an Analysis of the Ownership Structures and Functions of Trusts , Gechun Lin
A New Solution to Market Definition: An Approach Based on Multi-dimensional Substitutability Statistics , Yan Yang
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Reforming Foreign Tax Credit System in China with a Liberal Approach: A study of Foreign Tax Credit and Related Rules of International Taxation on Residents’ Foreign Source Income , Yi Zheng
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
How Mediation Can be a Viable Alternative for Litigation and Arbitration of Commercial Disputes in Saudi Arabia , Ali Salem Alimarri
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Reorganizing Bankrupt Companies: Comparing the Alternatives Under Saudi Arabian and American Bankruptcy Law , Ahmad Aljwair
The Neutralization and Disempowerment of Women in Intimate Partner Violence Law in Neoliberal Legislations: A Comparative Analysis of the American and Chilean Experiences , Silvana Andrea Del Valle Bustos
A History of Chinese Law Students in the United States in the Late Qing Dynasty (1878-1911) , Li Chen
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Will Theory in Arabian Countries' Modern Civil Codes and Its Influence on Contemporary Islamic Jurisprudence : a Critical Analysis with an Emphasis on Contractual Liability and Negligent Tort Rules , Abdullah Alkholy
Starting from Scratch : Introducing the Class Action into the Thai Civil Justice System , Suthatip Jullamon
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Intersectional Discrimination in Employment: A Comparative Analysis of the United States of America, Canada, and the European Union , Panthip Pruksacholavit
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
A Comparative Study of the Constitutional Jurisprudences of Information Privacy in Germany, the United States, and Taiwan , Hsiang Yang Hsieh
Corporate Social Responsibility in Korea : a Legal Perspective , Jeehye You
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
Government Policies and Legal Mechanism Put Forward to Enhance the Efficient Retail Market System in Thai Economy , Sirikanya Kovilaikool
The Class Action Mechanisms Across the Pacific: The Missions of Class Action Mechanisms in the U.S., China and Taiwan , Jing Huey Shao
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Legal Protection of Ecuadorian Biodiversity and Traditional Knowledge: The Existing Intellectual Property Rights System vs. a sui generis System , Sophia Espinosa Coloma
Constitutional Compacts and Judicial Review in Spain, South Korea and Colombia: a Comparative Approach , Rodrigo Gonzalez
Standard Form Contract Regulation in the Transaction of Computer Program. , Inchul Kim
Theses/Dissertations from 2009 2009
An Institutional Approach to Monetary Policy: Comparative Legal Perspectives in Central Banking , Hong Kyoon Cho
Theses/Dissertations from 2008 2008
The Twilight Zone of International Refugee Law: The Problems of North Korean Escapees , Min S. Joe
Hedge Fund Regulation in Global Financial Markets: Implications for the Korean Financial Market , Seung Young Yoon
Theses/Dissertations from 2007 2007
Competitive Self-Regulation: A Model for Regulating Alternative Medicine Practitioners , Chih-Hsiung Chen
A Structured Risk/Benefit Assessment for Human Research , Ian Chen
Use of the Bilateral Free Trade Agreements by the United States and the European Union as a Means to Gain "TRIPS-Plus" Intellectual Property Protection , Taemin Eom
- Notify me via email or RSS
- School of Law
- School of Law Archives
- School of Law Exhibits
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Home » Blog » Dissertation » Topics » Law » 43 Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas | Examples
43 Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas | Examples
By Adam Jul 12, 2020 in Law | No Comments
In this first of our series of law dissertation topics lists, we focus on giving you currently interesting topics related to four areas of law research: criminal law, business law, employment law, and EU law. We also tell you how to go about picking out a successful law dissertation title.
Here I am with another list of dissertation topics for you, and this time we’re focused on giving away some great law dissertation topics. I’ll tell you a thing or two about picking out a law dissertation title as well. So, buckle up, my lawyers-to-be friends.
Remember that you should go through scholarly literature of law and decide what your areas of interest are. Then pick your topics based on your interest. This is what I made it easy in the list and divided it into four types of law related topics. There are many other areas of research within law research and I’ll be making more lists for you soon.
Law Dissertation Topics of Different Fields:
This post on Law topics is a mixture of topics from different fields of Law. By keeping the need for topics in a particular field of Law, we have drafted posts on each field separately. Following is the list of posts on different fields of law to find the research topics in the specific law field.
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Construction Law
- Contract Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Human Rights Law
- Maritime Law
- Medical Law
- Property Law
List of Law Dissertation Topics:
The topics given in this list are examples. If you want to use any of these, make sure you make improvements in them to turn them into titles that are closer to your area of interest and seem original. If you copy these titles as they are, you’ll be running the risk of coming across other dissertations with the exact same research question, and that can’t be a good thing.
Criminal Law Dissertation Topics
Global effects of the War on Terror on criminal law.
Burden of proof in Quarantine- is there a difference?
An evaluation of the requirements for causation in different situations.
Law of omissions liability and its evolution: A literature review.
Establishing a relationship between criminal law and domestic violence.
The need for and importance of international law and procedure- a review.
The legal impacts of British colonial rule on local administration within the colonies.
The importance of burden of proof in a Court of Law.
The language of causation and implications for the layman.
How has digital technology impacted domestic violence?
Business Law Dissertation Topics
Benefits to international business contracts: A comparison of English sales law and the CISG.
An exploration of opportunities in international laws for business corruption.
Arbitration proceedings in modern UK and the importance of LexMercatoria.
An exploration of the important ethical considerations in Business law in the UK.
How important is it for SME managers to be cognizant of local business laws? An investigation.
Valuation of ethics by bankers in business law?
Legal nudges and SME managers- an exploration.
Understanding international business transactions and implications for national laws.
Tracing the historical components of common law.
International laws in relation to loot boxes- an extended essay.
Employment Law Dissertation Topics
A critical analysis of discrimination policies in English firms.
The employment contract and its unique features in the English banking sector.
Employment laws for the digital age.
Influence of unions on employment contracts: A critical study of the Britain.
Understanding the relationship between employment laws and criminal offences in the UK.
Developing an understanding for employment protection legislation in the UK.
A study of dismissal laws in the UK and business practices.
Application of employment laws and factors for dismissal in the UK.
Mental health and employment laws across Europe- generating a rationalised understanding.
What does the law in the UK guide about employees’ rights to wellbeing in the workplace?
Abuse at the workplace and what is being done about it?
EU Law Dissertation Topics
A poison called Brexit: Critical analysis of the UK’s separation from the EU.
Uniting for Division: Effects of EU formation on member states’ parliaments.
Brexit and EU economy: How has the UK’s decision affected EU trade.
An analysis of criminal and business law in the EU context, international law and national law.
An exploration of substantive laws in the EU.
Mapping the structural changes for business ethics in EU law.
Citizenship law and the EU- clearing out ambiguities.
How is EU law rationalizing employee rights to privacy in the digital environment?
Is the EU law superior? An argument.
Consumer rights, cartels and the EU- an evaluation.
Climate change directives addressed in EU law.
What types of economic crises have influenced EU law modifications? An investigation.
There you go. Use the list well and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for our topics related blog posts for the future or looking to get help with dissertation writing , send us an email at [email protected] .
Paid Topic Consultation Service
You will get the topics first as per the given requirements, and then the brief which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
- 27 Construction Law Dissertation Topics For Academic Research March 4, 2019 -->
- Corporate Law Dissertation Topics List For Your Research January 22, 2019 -->
- 27 Maritime Law Dissertation Topics To Look At For Research October 25, 2018 -->
- 27 EU Law Dissertation Topics To Write Excellent Research Work October 7, 2018 -->
- 27 Contract Law Dissertation Topics You Should Research On October 7, 2018 -->
- 21 Family Law Dissertation Topics To Explore For Research Writing February 27, 2018 -->
- 21 Medical Law Dissertation Topics You Can Write About Today January 29, 2018 -->
- 21 Media Law Dissertation Topics Ready To Use For Research January 29, 2018 -->
- 21 Labour Law Dissertation Topics To Explore For Research January 27, 2018 -->
- 21 Employment Law Dissertation Topics Worth Your Attention January 25, 2018 -->
- 21 Environmental Law Dissertation Topics For Stand Out Research January 25, 2018 -->
- 21 Competition Law Dissertation Topics To Choose An Impressive Title January 24, 2018 -->
- 21 Child Law Dissertation Topics To Write A Good Research Work January 24, 2018 -->
- 21 Business Law Dissertation Topics For Researchers to Explore January 23, 2018 -->
- 21 Dissertation Topics In Human Rights Law Worth Writing About January 23, 2018 -->
- Australia edition
- International edition
Why law students should consider writing a dissertation
It’s a daunting project to take on, but writing a dissertation can give you skills that will be useful in your career
Generally, writing a dissertation is not compulsory. But for law students in particular, it may be worth considering.
It was last year’s conflict in Gaza that encouraged me to write a dissertation. I wanted to find out what the law had to say about such a contentious topic. Luckily, at most law schools you can be flexible with the focus of your dissertation.
A fellow student at City Law School wrote his on the exception of parodies to copyright law. While others in my cohort wrote about humanitarian intervention against Isis, and the practice of child marriage in Bangladesh. Having the chance to explore an area of law outside the seven core modules, and become reasonably knowledgeable in it, can give you an edge in job interviews . Graduates who have completed dissertations have what many others don’t – a specialism, and potentially useful knowledge that can set them apart.
Writing a 10,000- to 15,000-word thesis also enables you to develop transferable skills that will be useful during any law career.
First, there are the obvious research skills. A lawyer’s strength is not so much his or her knowledge of the law, but their knowledge of where to find the law. Thomas Jones, an LLB and LPC graduate from City Law School, wrote his dissertation on the exception of parodies to copyright law, and has since worked as a research assistant for Professor Daniel Wilsher of City Law School.
Jones says the practical research skills he gained was one of the biggest benefits of writing a dissertation. These include the ability to locate sources efficiently, sift through case law and assess expert opinion.
In addition to research skills you learn to write well. Dissertations require succinct arguments and you learn to reduce complex pieces of information into concise sentences. This is useful when advising clients or writing skeleton arguments.
Structure and organisation are also crucial. You will have to use chapters, subsections, headings, and include a contents page. This is essential in the legal profession when compiling bundles and other files.
Rachel Tandy, a barrister at Henderson Chambers, compares the dissertation-writing process to that of preparing a case. “First, you have to gather all the facts. Next, you have to establish what everyone else is saying about them, and what it is that you want to say. Finally, you have to dismantle those facts yourself and re-assemble them in a way that supports your position.
“That process requires a creative mind, forensic attention to detail, and self-motivation – many of the qualities one might look for in a good barrister,” she says.
Although writing a dissertation is predominantly independent work, each student is assigned a supervisor – another potential benefit. The relationship you build with your supervisor, who will be an established professional and expert in your chosen area of study, can lead to further opportunities.
Junaed Khan, a City University graduate, says his supervisor for his international politics dissertation provided him with advice, contacts and invitations to topical networking events and conferences. “She still invites me to events,” he says.
Yasmin Dehghani, who is graduating from St Mary’s University with a law degree this year, also had a close relationship with her supervisor. “My supervisor really helped me to improve my CV, which helped me to get job offers and interviews,” she says.
Writing a dissertation isn’t always plain sailing though. Aram Alaaldin, who wrote his dissertation on the use of force against Isis, says he would only dedicate time to it each week once his notes for other modules were done. “I had to neglect my other modules due to the sheer workload when the deadline was nearing,” he says.
Writing what is essentially a compilation of essays requires a vast commitment of time, reading and effort. Naturally, this can result in stress, anxiety, and a rollercoaster of other emotions.
While not always pleasant, having to deal with such a large workload independently can be a rich experience in itself. It can give you a higher stress threshold, or at least allow you to practice managing it.
When entering the legal profession, a trainee or pupil will likely not have to draft a 15,000-word document from day one by researching a five-page list of books and journals in a completely new area of law.
But having coped with a dissertation, future tasks such as researching a particular case, drafting a short skeleton argument, or reading over some papers, will be comparatively minuscule.
Keep up with the latest on Guardian Students: follow us on Twitter at @GdnStudents – and become a member to receive exclusive benefits and our weekly newsletter.
- Studying law
- Guardian Students
- Law (Education)
- Higher education
- Advice for students
- sponsored features
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. Take the first step today
Meet top uk universities from the comfort of your home, here’s your new year gift, one app for all your, study abroad needs, start your journey, track your progress, grow with the community and so much more.
An OTP has been sent to your registered mobile no. Please verify
Thanks for your comment !
Our team will review it before it's shown to our readers.
Dissertation Topics in Law for LLM Students
- Updated on
- Feb 23, 2022
The last academic challenge before the completion of your postgraduate degree is a dissertation or thesis. Many students pursuing LLM are often confused while deciding the correct topic for the dissertation as it requires a lot of research. To help you with the dissertation this blog contains ideal law dissertation topics for LLM in India. Keep reading to know more!
This Blog Includes:
How to choose the best dissertation topic, advantages of choosing a good dissertation topic, criminal law dissertation topics, international law dissertation topics, family law dissertation topics, employment law dissertation topics, international commercial law dissertation topics, intellectual property law topics in dissertation, constitutional law topics in dissertation, sports law topics in dissertation, medical law topics in dissertation, commercial law dissertation topics, company law dissertation topics, tort law dissertation topics, eu law dissertation topics, the english legal system and constitutional and administrative law dissertation topics, other legal topics for dissertation.
A lot of research and hard work is required to decide what is a correct and valuable topic for the dissertation or thesis. It is seen in various students that before graduation the dissertation is the last hurdle in the way. It is advised to pursue a topic after valuable research and most importantly that goes with the student’s interests.
Also Read: Dissertation Topics
There are an array of benefits when you choose a good and valuable dissertation topic. These advantages include:
- This helps you in analysis of the topic and deep research.
- Present you with a program to enhance your investigative skills .
- In explaining your subject option, you should be prepared to show how your previous research experiences ended up with great knowledge.
- You can find a degree of education useful for postgraduate research.
Also Read: Law Entrance Exams: India & Abroad
Criminal law is the body of law regulating crime and criminal activities in India. This proves to be an important topic and is interesting as well. Some of the criminal law dissertation topics are:
- A significant Study of Struggle against Girls in India
- Case debate on business trial in India
- An analysis on Terrorism and Lawlessness Against Infants in India
- A survey on Legislation against private terrorism in India
- Significant Evaluation Of Death Cost In India
- An Analysis of Juvenile Justice System and Order in India
- The appearance of the group is in the criminal law process
- The Root Elements of the Infant Mergers
- White-Collar Crime Law in India
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
Also Read: How to Write a Dissertation?
International law dissertation is another amazing topic where you can add your relevant thoughts. Some of the unique international law dissertation topics are:
- What are the significant aspects of collective civil obligations in now’s global order?
- What are the causes that cause application of foreign order at the state standard also complex?
- Figure out the very important issues encountered by establishing universal rules.
- What are the effects of accelerated market restraints on people? Can such a thing be explained?
- What are global challenges encountered by international businessmen, when installing service projects in third group societies?
- What are the effects of letting offenders continue to their native land for action?
- How seeing abuse as a foreign war case will change the position of African people?
- What are the important challenges encountered by companies that are coming in the global travel industry from the ocean.
- What universal rules regulate copy? How should this case be corrected?
- Which governmental law of the UK is sufficiently sufficient to be carried out universally?
Also Read: What is a Dissertation? Meaning, Projects, Report Work
Some of the most important and unique family law dissertation topics are:
- Separation case for father and female representatives of the group, makes it favour any particular gender or is it merely a sense
- Matrimonial act and how it affects women who join without their permission. What is the attitude of decision about made mergers and how can one explain it in the court of decision
- Residential part by step mothers and offspring, how goes on the case provide everybody has their got right and place
- Youth insurance problems in the unified kingdom, which of the state shows to have very trouble with such arguments and why is it so
- Adolescent abuse-is it important to discipline your children and youths? What is the perimeter between youth abuse and correcting your children for setting their limits
- Internal disorder and its effect on the boy and female representatives personally, which of them picks up a greater claim in the mind of order and how can we get rid of that biasness
- Protection problems for separated mothers, how goes on it go and what goes on the statute have to do about protection of the child for each mother
- How looks at the proper form thing if a man is incapable to provide and provide his house owing to lack or scarcity of means
- Long distance communications and their fair significance cut off from the spiritual and artistic attitudes
- Minor job- what are we looking at to abolish it and how goes on our constitutional process set limits and provide that they are found
Also Read: Law Courses
Employment law dissertation enables you to craft perfect research on your thesis or dissertation. Some of the employment law dissertation topics are:
- The link between trade and morality in the UK. An academic context.
- A study of the relation between sports departments and their service contracts.
- The effect of variation in the business decisions of the UK after starting the EU.
- The task of infant employment regulations in the UK. How does the judiciary remain fighting developing youth employment?
- The influence of civil responsibility service in UK regulations.
- A study of the market association in the UK study of the business requirements and principles.
- A provisional review of business decisions in the station waggon part of the UK and EU. Who gets the first job benefit and rights insurance systems?
- An in-depth study of justice fees in the validities of UK legislation.
Also Read: All About PhD Thesis
Some of the international commercial law dissertations you can choose from are:
- An assessment of the enemy-pollution bill in the UK. Its origins and effects on the state leaders.
- A strategic study of the joint cloak and how the decision can pass through it.
- The performance of UK legislation in affecting joint difficulties while preserving major human rights.
- A symposium on the differences enveloping the purview of field 33 groups do 2006 in the UK
- The effects of setting reasonable requirements for the principal’s needs. How does the organisation do well under this?
- An in-depth assessment of economic regulation programs at attending institutions in the UK.
- The effect of UNCITRAL’s performance on the unification of universal economic legislation in the UK.
Also Read: How to Write Acknowledgement for Dissertation?
Some of the catchy and interesting dissertation topics that you can choose as a dissertation topic for law assignment:
- Scientific advances and present IP rule in India
- IP rules and the safety of/on Internet
- New patent statutes and digitalisation
Also Read: University of Law: Eligibility, Application, Courses & More
Here are some of the finest dissertation or thesis topics for constitutional law dissertation topics are:
- Accident plans in India: A study
- Legal exploitation and its interest: An assessment
- Application of International cases in Indian Legal Structure
- Able expression in virtual life and Indian Custom
Also Read: Dissertation vs Thesis
A constantly fascinating subject, sports provides a large range of fields and issues to judge from to create your analysis report. It can deal with universal order, national order, carrying out parties, power, and often better.
Here are some of the finest dissertation (thesis)points on Sports law:
- Doping and Sports: National and International fair innuendo
- Legalisation of speculating in India: Law and Cons
- Handling sports organisations and their constitutional ramifications
- Transgender animals and Indian Custom
Medical law dissertation is another great topic you can choose from, some of the medical law dissertation topics are:
- Member retention: Fair experts and cons
- Miscarriage in India: A global review
- Made fertilisation: Provision of primary training to find out these matters
- Supported suicide: Fair, honest and therapeutic ethics
- Animal torture: A fair claim research
Commercial Law is one such topic where a wide area of study is to be covered because it cannot be described within a single legal jurisdiction. A commercial law dissertation often involves comparisons with other countries. Listed below are some topics for Commercial Law Dissertation:
- A critical assessment of the international commercial arbitration system as a cost effective and efficient means to administer justice in commercial disputes
- An assessment of security over personal property when it comes to the matter of possessory and non-possessory forms of security and other legal devices
- An investigation of the emergence of new manifestations of international commercial law
- A critical assessment of the passing of risk in the commercial law in England and Wales
- A critical assessment of the future of consumer protection in England and Wales in the post Brexit era
There is a great scope of producing an effective Company Law Dissertation as it provides you with potential sources. From Companies Act 2006 to corporate governance, you have a lot of options to choose from. Listed below are some great Company Law Dissertation Topics:
- A critical analysis of the shareholder versus stakeholder basis of corporate governance
- Arguments for and against ‘stakeholder theory’ and to what extent are they still valid?
- Should the OECD’s Model Tax Convention on Income and on Capital 2010 be ratified into UK Law?
- To what extent has Environmental Law merged together Vicarious and Corporate Liability
- Is the English maintenance of the “internal management” model failing to bring company law in the 21st Century?
The word Tort comes from the Latin term tortuem which means “Wrong”. In simple terms, Tort Law is supposed to address the civil wrongs done to a person, accidentally or incidentally. The victim/injured/aggrieved party is provided with compensation for the damages.
This area of law is one of the most important aspects of law study as it demonstrates the circumstances through which an individual is held accountable for another party’s injury either done intentionally or omissions or even by accident. Listed below are some topics for a Tort Law Dissertation to make it easier for you to draft an effective dissertation:
- Importance of foreseeability and policy in establishing a duty of care
- Analysis of the rules regarding the recovery of economic losses in tortious actions
- When it comes to matters of occupiers’ liability under the Occupiers Liability Acts of 1957 and 1984 respectively, when is a trespasser not a trespasser?
- Wrongful restraint of a man’s liberty: Meaning, Defense and Remedy
- Why might the duty of care afforded to children be considered to be a step too far regarding the recognition of tortious liability?
EU Law is considered as an expandable area of academic interest, particularly due to the UK’s recent Brexit from the Union. There is a wide range of dissertation topics you can consider for a EU Law Dissertation, from UK’s Brexit to the superiority of EU Law. Listed below are some great dissertation topics to start with your EU Law Dissertation:
- Critical Analysis of the UK’s separation from the EU.
- Brexit and EU economy: How the UK’s decision has affected EU trade.
- An argument: Is EU Law actually superior?
- Importance of the enforcement actions against EU Member States as part of the European law-making process.
- How has the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of 1950 contributed to the recognition of human rights internationally?
The English Legal System and Constitutional and Administrative Law may be classified into 3 key areas-
- The nature of the constitution may be considered in areas including, but not limited to, the recognition and application conventions and the rule of law.
- Evaluation of the roles of the legislature, executive and parliament in the context of the recognition of the separation of powers, which could include legislation’s passage through Parliament, the delegation of legislation, the relationship between Parliament, the crown and the Royal Prerogative, and the executive, legislative and judiciary’s relationship.
- Judicial Review including the basis for intervention, such as ultra vires and illegality, procedural irregularity, irrationality, proportionality, and the nemo judex rule.
A number of areas can be covered in this dissertation as the English Legal System and Constitutional and Administrative Law is quite different from other legal systems as the role of the judge differs in an adversarial system. The major difference is in how a trial is pursued. Some topics for an English Legal System and Constitutional and Administrative Law Dissertation are as mentioned below:
- The role of natural justice in the UK Constitution
- Are conventions still a valid part of the UK Constitution?
- Is the Royal Prerogative an essential part of the British Constitution?
- Are the current models of statutory interpretation fit for purpose, especially as the jurisprudence of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) and European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) infer a more active approach for judges?
- In what ways will the relationship between constitutional and administrative law in England and Wales be affected by Brexit?
Some of the other legal topics you can choose for your dissertation are:
- Handgun cases in India: Provision of a different Structure
- Animal investigation: Order in India
- Wire advertising and constitutional structure
- Joint Civil Power and change
- Moral orders and cases in producing societies
- Men investigations and Indian constitutional practice
- Improvement of infants and proper conflict
Grab the expert assistance of Leverage Edu student counsellors to kickstart your admission and application process to study in the UK in 2022. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute therapy consultation.
- dissertation vs thesis
- law courses
- law in india
Team Leverage Edu
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Contact no. *
How would you describe this article ?
Please rate this article
We would like to hear more.
Have something on your mind?
Connect With Us
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. take the first step today..
Resend OTP in
Need help with?
UK, Canada, US & More
IELTS, GRE, GMAT & More
Scholarship, Loans & Forex
Which English test are you planning to take?
Which academic test are you planning to take.
Not Sure yet
When are you planning to take the exam?
Already booked my exam slot
Within 2 Months
Want to learn about the test
Which Degree do you wish to pursue?
When do you want to start studying abroad.
What is your budget to study abroad?
Make your study abroad dream a reality in January 2022 with
India's Biggest Virtual University Fair
Essex Direct Admission Day
Why attend .
Don't Miss Out
Law Dissertation Topics (Page 1) · Criminal Law Dissertation Topics · Equity and Trusts Law Dissertation Topic Examples · Jurisprudence Dissertation Topic Examples.
Controversial law topics · Reviewing the need for the Gun Law · Abortion – Pro-choice or pro-life the legal angles · Understanding religious freedom by law and the
Best Law Dissertation Topics for University Students ; Criminal Law Dissertation Topics. Legislation about male as well as female rape: how do they differ?
For every PhD or Masters student of law, the dissertation is the last stride. The fear it breeds in many students is because of the complexity involved in
Disagreement among legal practitioners (mainly, judges and lawyers) about the content of the law is a pervasive feature of any modern legal system. Sometimes
A comprehensive evaluation of male and female rape legislations: What are the key differences? Analyzing the use of lie detectors in criminal justice: How
School of Law Dissertations ... A History of Chinese Law Students in the United States in the Late Qing Dynasty (1878-1911), Li Chen
Criminal Law Dissertation Topics ... Global effects of the War on Terror on criminal law. Burden of proof in Quarantine- is there a difference? An evaluation of
Writing a 10,000- to 15,000-word thesis also enables you to develop transferable skills that will be useful during any law career. Student falls
Criminal Law Dissertation Topics · A significant Study of Struggle against Girls in India · Case debate on business trial in India · An analysis on