Something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again.
- How it works
Literature Dissertation Topics
Published by Carmen Troy at January 9th, 2023 , Revised On February 7, 2023
A literature dissertation aims to contextualise themes, ideas, and interests that have grabbed a reader’s interest and attention, giving them a more profound meaning through the movement of time within and outside cultures.
Literature is a comprehensive knowledge of other writers’ views, and to understand them, a student must perform extensive reading and research. A writer coveys their thoughts and ideas through their literary works, including the views and opinions of writers ranging from topics on philosophy , religious preferences, sociology , academics, and psychology .
To help you get started with brainstorming for literature topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest topics that can be used for writing your literature dissertation.
These topics have been developed by PhD qualified writers of our team , so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the topic, research question , aim and objectives , literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our dissertation examples to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation .
Review the full list of dissertation topics for 2022 here.
2022 Literature Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: impact of the second language barrier on the social integration of immigrants- a case of chinese nationals migrating to the uk.
Research Aim: This research purposes an analysis to show the impact of the second language barrier on the social integration of Chinese immigrants in the UK. It will analyze how this barrier affects various segments of their lives by limiting their social interactions. Moreover, it will identify ways (language courses, communal support, financial support, etc.) through which government and civil society help these immigrants to overcome this barrier to make them feel inclusive in the UK and play a part in the economy.
Topic 2: The Power of the Writer’s Imagination- A Study Finding the Role of Writer Imagination in the Social Revolution in 19th-Century Europe
Research Aim: This study intends to identify the role of the writer’s imagination in the social revolution in 19 th century Europe. It will show how writers’ imagination is reflected in their writings and how it affects ordinary individuals’ mindsets. It will assess the writings of various authors during the 19 th -century social revolution when Europe replaced the monarchy with democracy. It will show the language used by the authors and its effect on the individuals’ will to achieve democracy.
Topic 3: How does an Accent Develop? An Exploratory Analysis Finding Factors Shaped Various English Accents in the World- A Case of America, Australia, and India
Research Aim: This research will analyze how an accent develops when a language is imported from one region to the other. It will identify how various factors such as culture, norms, politics, religion, etc., affect accent development. And to show this effect, this research will show how the English accent changed when it came to America, Australia, and India. Moreover, it will indicate whether social resistance in these areas affected the accent or was readily accepted.
Topic 4: “Gender Pronouns and their Usage” a New Debate in the Social Linguistics Literature- A Systematic Review of the Past and Present Debates
Research Aim: This study sheds light on a relatively new debate in politics, sociology, and linguistics, which is how to correctly use gender pronouns in all of these contexts. Therefore, this study will explore these areas, but the main focus will be on linguistics. It will review various theories and frameworks in linguistics to show multiple old and new debates on the subject matter. Moreover, a systematic review will determine the correct usage of gender pronouns.
Topic 5: Are Men Portrayed Better in the English Literature? A Feminist Critique of the Old English Literature
Research Aim: This research will analyze whether men are portrayed better in English literature through a feminist lens. It will assess a different kind of English literature, such as poems, essays, novels, etc., to show whether men are portrayed better than women in various contexts. Moreover, it will analyze multiple classical and modern-day writers to see how they use different male and female characters in their literature. Lastly, it will add a feminist perspective on the subject matter by introducing the feminist theory and its portrayal of men and women.
Covid-19 Literature Research Topics
Topic 1: the scientific literature of coronavirus pandemic.
Research Aim: This study will review the scientific literature of Coronavirus pandemic
Topic 2: Literature and the future world after Coronavirus.
Research Aim: This study will reveal the world’s literature predictions after the pandemic.
Topic 3: Coronavirus is a trending topic among the media, writers, and publishers
Research Aim: Covid-19 has disrupted every sector’s health care system and economy. Apart from this, the topic of the Coronavirus has become trending everywhere. This study will highlight whether the information provided about COVID-19 by all the sources is authentic? What kind of misleading information is presented?
Literature Dissertation Topics for 2021
Topic 1: dependence of humans on computers.
Research Aim: This research aims to study the dependence of humans on the computer, its advantages and disadvantages.
Topic 2: Whether or not the death penalty is effective in the current era?
Research Aim: This research aims to identify whether the death penalty is effective in the current era.
Topic 3: Fashion Industry and its impact on people's upward and downward social perception
Research Aim: This research aims to identify the impact on people’s upward and downward social perception
Topic 4: Communication gaps in families due to the emergence of social media
Research Aim: This research aims to address the communication gaps in families due to the emergence of social media and suggest possible ways to overcome them.
Topic 5: Employment and overtime working hours- a comparative study
Research Aim: This research aims to measure the disadvantages of overtime working hours of employees.
Topic 6: Machine translators Vs. human translators
Research Aim: This research aims to conduct a comparative study of machine translators and human translators
Topic 7: Freelancing Vs 9 to 5 jobs- a comparative study
Research Aim: This research aims to compare freelancing jobs with 9 to 5 jobs.
Literature Dissertation Topics for 2020
Topic 1: the effects of everyday use of digital media on youth in the uk..
Research Aim: Digital media is a normal part of a person’s life. In this research, the aim is to examine and analyse; how young people between the ages of 15-25 in the UK engage with digital media. The study includes the amount of time interaction occurs and the role of time-space, time elasticities, and online/offline intersections.
Topic 2: Critical analysis of the teenager protagonist in “The Room on the Roof” written by Ruskin Bond.
Research Aim: Many Indian writers and children’s book authors regard Ruskin Bond as an icon. This research will systematically study the alienated teenage protagonist in Ruskin’s “The Room on the Roof” and how Ruskin evolved the character gradually throughout the novel. The way Ruskin used this protagonist to reflect his feelings and convey them to the reader.
Topic 3: Promotion of women empowerment through mass media in Nepal.
Research Aim: The primary purpose of this study is to analyse the role of mass media, including audio, print, and audio-visual, in the empowerment of women in the Nepal region. It also discusses the development of mass media in Nepal and spreading awareness of women’s empowerment.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service , which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service !
Seventeenth and Eighteenth-Century Literature Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: eighteenth-century british literature..
Research Aim: This study aims to study the evolution of modern British literature compared to eighteenth-century literature. This research will focus on the genre of comedy only. The research will discuss the causes of laughter in the eighteenth century compared to things that cause laughter in modern times.
Topic 5: A systematic study of Chaucer’s Miller’s tale.
Research Aim: This research aims to take a closer look at Chaucer’s heavily censored story, “The Miller’s Tale.” It seeks to look at why “The Miller’s Tale” is criticised and categorised as obscene and unfit for a general read. The study will analyse the writer’s writing style, language, and method for the research paper.
Topic 3: Understanding 17th-century English culture using a model of Francis Bacon’s idea.
Research Aim: This research aims to take a more in-depth look into Francis Bacon’s idea of modern economic development. To conduct the study, machine learning processes will be implemented to examine Francis’s ideas and their implementations in contemporary times.
Topic 4: The relation between early 18th-century English plays and The emerging financial market.
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse the relationship between eighteenth-century plays and a flourishing financial market. Most theatrical plays were written and performed in the middle of the 1720s, but writing carried out contributed to the financial market.
Topic 5: Issues of climate change used in early English literature: Shakespeare’s View of the sky.
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse climate change’s impact on early English writings. Climatic issues were faced even in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, providing writers with another topic to add to their published work. This research will focus on the work of Shakespeare, in which he included the specifics of climate change.
Also Read: Medicine and Nursing Dissertation Topics Free
Nineteenth-Century Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: impact of nineteenth-century gothic vampire literature on female members of the gothic subculture..
Research Aim: This research will look at the introduction of gothic vampire literature and its impact on female members of the gothic subculture. It includes a complete analysis of writing style and the impression it left of the female readers’.
Topic 2: Women theatre managers and the theatre in the late nineteenth century.
Research Aim: This research aims to view the impact on theatres under the management of women theatre managers. The improvement to theatre shows, along with the hardships faced by some managers, is discussed. The proposed study analyses the categories of theatre plays.
Topic 3: The history of American literature.
Research Aim: This research aims to give a brief history of American literature’s development and evolution throughout the centuries. The timeline begins from the early 15th century to the late 19th century. Word variations, sentence structures, grammar, and written impressions will be analysed.
Topic 4: “New women” concept in the novels of Victorian age English writers.
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse women’s position in the early nineteenth and how later Victorian writers used their work to give women a new identity. The method employed by these writers who wrote from a feminist point of view will also be discussed.
Topic 5: Discussing the role of the writer in their own story.
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse the form in which the writer reveals their presence to the reader. The methods can be achieved directly or use the characters to replace themselves in the narrative. The study observes the phrases, vocabulary, and situations the writer uses to narrate.
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
Twentieth Century Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: effect of gender association in modern literature..
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse the issue of gender association in twentieth-century literature. Currently, male characters are described in a more masculine term than before in comparison to female counterparts. This research will also explore the possible approach of the possible characterisation of the two genders.
Topic 2: Feminism and literature.
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse the impacts of feminism on modern English literature quality. The study will look into the ideology of feminism and how feminist thoughts impact the readers’ view.
Topic 3: Modern literature based on climate change and eco-themes.
Research Aim: This research will study the various works of writers who tackled climate change and other eco-themes in their work. The study discusses the way they portrayed the item along with their views on preventing climate change. Modern work is compared to the work of previous writers who wrote about climate change.
Topic 4: How are fathers portrayed in modern literature?
Research Aim: This research will study the role of fathers in modern literature. The way the father character is portrayed in recent times has changed compared to writing in the early centuries. This research will look into the evolution of the father figure over time.
Topic 5: Literature for Asian American children.
Research Aim: This research will examine the fusion of classic American literature and Asian literature for children. The different genera’s that are produced and the style of writing will be analysed.
Also Read: Free Law Dissertation Topics
Children’s Literature Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: the influence of the intersection of race and bullying in children’s books..
Research Aim: This research will analyse the literature made for children from 2015 to 2019 in which the intersection between race and bullying is made. The study will evaluate the impact of literature read by a child in which there is bullying. Various picture books are analysed to observe the influence of racism on bullying.
Topic 2: Diversity of culture in children’s literature.
Research Aim: This research will observe the influence of the various cultural aspects of children’s books. The study will analyse the impact of mixed cultures on literature in a community and how it affects children’s mindsets from a young age.
Topic 3: The use of literature to shape a child's mind.
Research Aim: This research will analyse the effects of literature on a child’s mind. Behaviour, intelligence, and interactions between children and their age fellows are to be observed. A child’s behaviour with adults will also be analysed.
Topic 4: Evolution of children's literature.
Research Aim: This research will explore the change in children’s literature trends. This research will compare the literary work from the mid-nineteen century with modern-day children’s books. Differences in vocabulary, sentence structure, and mode of storytelling will be examined.
Topic 5: Racial discrimination in “the cat in the hat” impacts children’s racial views.
Research Aim: This research will take an in-depth analysis of the children’s story, “The Cat in the Hat,” to observe if it has any racial remarks which cause an increase in racism among children. The words used and the pictures found on the page will be thoroughly analysed, and their impact on the children reading it.
Topic 6: Measuring the nature of a child’s early composing.
Research Aim: This research will analyse the development of a child’s writing skills based on the type of books they read. The book’s genera, vocabulary, and the writing style of the child’s preferred book will be considered.
Topic 7: Use of a classroom to incorporate multicultural children’s literature.
Research Aim: This research will reflect on the potential use of a school classroom to promote multicultural literature for children. Since a classroom is filled with children of different cultural backgrounds, it becomes easier to introduce multicultural literature. The difficulties and the advantages to society in the incorporation of multicultural literature in classrooms are discussed.
As literature looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing literature theories – i.e., to add value and interest to your research topic.
The literature field is vast and interrelated to many other academic disciplines like linguistics , English literature and more. That is why creating a literature dissertation topic that is particular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field is imperative.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic based on your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation , as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best literature dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please look at some of our sample literature dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Literature Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction : This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature on the chosen research topic to address research questions . The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down the topic and key terms that can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology : The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research design , research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis : Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion : The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to link the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References : Your University’s requirements should complete this
- Appendices : Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , PhD. Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing, and Improvement .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialize in.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
You May Also Like
Employment law governs the relationship between employers and employees largely. A contract outlines what employers expect from their employees, what they may ask them to accomplish.
Check out the list of most interesting 100+ chemistry dissertation topic ideas trending lately to help you write an exceptional research paper.
Are you looking for trending online marketing dissertation topics to work on your dissertation? Check out our list of unique topic ideas.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
by Leonard Bacon
What are the topics available for a PhD in Indian English Literature?
Cite this page as follows:.
"What are the topics available for a PhD in Indian English Literature? " eNotes Editorial , 13 June 2016, https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-topics-phd-indian-english-literature-397151. Accessed 1 Mar. 2023.
Who are the experts? Our certified Educators are real professors, teachers, and scholars who use their academic expertise to tackle your toughest questions. Educators go through a rigorous application process, and every answer they submit is reviewed by our in-house editorial team.
Educator since 2016
In many cases, if you want a PhD regarding literature specific to a particular region or culture, you study the predominate language. For example, if you're interested in literature from the US or Canada or Australia or pretty much any English-speaking country, you go for a PhD in English, then add an emphasis like American Literature, British Literature, Canadian Literature, etc. With regards to literature written in South America, you could study a PhD in Spanish or in Latin-American Studies.
Since you're interested in Indian literature, you could search out PhDs that are specific to India, which may fall under a Humanities umbrella. Some such PhDs could be: Cultural, Literary and Postcolonial Studies (University of London) or English Literature (Central University of Haryana).
If those are too specific or you want a wider range of options, you could search out PhDs in English that emphasize Postcolonial Studies, Comparative Literature, Comparative Literary Studies, Cultural Studies, or English Studies.
Keep in mind that studying literature of a particular country in that country is is sure to unfold more opportunities and experiences than, perhaps studying that literature in a foreign country--trying to find a decent program that focuses on Indian Literature may be difficult, for example, in a country like Bolivia or Uganda or Ukraine opposed to studying in India or the UK.
Educator since 2011
Anglophone Indian literature is an important area within the study of global literatures in English. It is available as an area of post-graduate specialization at universities in India, Britain, Canada, and the United States, and is sometimes located in Comparative Literature, sometimes in Asian Studies, and sometimes in English departments. Each university has its own approach to the field.
Your choice in how you situate yourself and choose topics on the PhD level depends on the discipline in which you wish to pursue an academic career. If you want to specialize in India as a region, you might want to be in a program that focuses on India, and do work comparing India literature in English with Indian literature in Indian languages. If you are interested in Indian literature as an example of post-colonial studies, an English or comparative literature department might be an appropriate home. Bollywood has received increasing academic attention, and it is also possible to choose a topic that in some way compares Bollywood to literary works or looks at literary influences on Bollywood.
One important subfield in the study of Indian literature is that of dalit literature. Another popular area is the literature of the Indian diaspora, often treated within a theoretical framework of diaspora studies. The study of works by and about Indian hijra or eunuchs is an important area within gender studies.
Educator since 2009
In the construction of any pursuit of higher studies, I strongly advise working with a professor or instructor who has both a good feel for where you are and where the discipline is. If this is not available, I strongly suggest examining your own preferences in the discipline and sensing where there is the strongest amount of interest or attraction. If not one then both of these avenues should be pursued to fully grasp or understand the choice that lies in front of you because there is going to be a long road to walk within it once your choice is made. With all of this in mind, I think that a very interesting element that comes out of Indian English Literature is the collision between modern globalization and traditional notions of the good. Writers in the genre play with this idea in different ways because India is playing with this dichotomy in different manners. There are plenty of ideas within this paradigm that could make for rich analysis. Such discussion could move into political, historical, and spiritual dimensions. This might be where there is fertile information and ground that sustains much in way of inquiry and analysis.
626 Dissertation Topics for Ph.D. and Thesis Ideas for Master Students
If you are about to go into the world of graduate school, then one of the first things you need to do is choose from all the possible dissertation topics available to you. This is no small task. You are likely to spend many years researching your Master’s or Ph.D. topic and writing the text. This means that choosing a dissertation topic should not be taken lightly.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
No worries! Just read this article by our Custom Writing service , and you’ll find:
- a collection of great thesis topics on finance, education, management, law, etc.
- a range of tips on choosing a killing Ph.D. topic.
- 👍 Top 10 Dissertation Topics
- 🆚 Thesis vs Dissertation
- 🔝 Top 10 Thesis Topics
- 🎓 Thesis Topics List
- ✅ How to Choose a Topic
👍Top 10 Dissertation Topics
- Ethical alternatives to animal testing.
- What’s the future of the Dead Sea?
- Does accent affect singing ability?
- The importance of corporate values.
- Can we regulate influencer marketing?
- How does inflation affect small businesses?
- Is homeschooling the future of education?
- How does Tourette’s syndrome affect one’s daily life?
- How to conduct market analysis for e-commerce.
- Has globalization affected cultural appropriation?
🆚 Dissertation vs. Thesis: Is There a Difference?
People often consider a thesis and a dissertation to be the same thing. Yet, there is an important distinction between them. The key difference is that you need a thesis to complete a master’s degree, while a dissertation is necessary for obtaining a doctorate. Keep in mind that it’s vice versa in European higher education.
Here are some other differences:
Despite these differences, theses and dissertations have a lot in common:
- You need them to complete a degree.
- Both require certain levels of expertise and writing skills.
- You defend an argument in both of them.
- Plagiarism is prohibited in both theses and dissertations.
🔝 Top 10 Thesis Topics for 2023
- The consequences of obesity.
- The influence of social media .
- Economic development and happiness.
- Feminism in the United States.
- The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Racism in schools and colleges.
- Overeducation in the labor market.
- DNA evidence in criminal justice.
- Sales forecasting techniques.
- Wage difference among athletes.
🎓 Thesis Topics & Ideas
Below, you’ll find a collection of excellent topics for a thesis. To simplify the task, it’s not a bad idea to use a topic chooser . We’ve also prepared a checklist that will help you make the right choice. If you agree with the following statements, you’ve chosen a good thesis topic:
- You are interested in this subject. It will be easier for you to work on it if you like your area of research. Remember that you will have to spend long hours looking through various data. You need to stay motivated.
- The topic is helpful in your career path. Choose a topic that you can apply to further research if you plan to pursue your career in the academic field. Choose something that you can use in your CV if you decided to work in the industry.
- There is enough available research data. Don’t choose a topic that is too trivial or uncommon. It is essential to find enough relevant information. Consult your supervisor to understand if you can proceed with it.
- The topic isn’t too broad or too narrow. Otherwise, it will be harder for you to find credible sources and relevant data.
- You already have an understanding of it . Make a list of thesis topics that include the issues you have researched before. It will save you some time and allow you to evaluate your opportunities.
- Your topic is unique. Make sure there are no other papers that explore exactly the same issue. The value of your work is your original contribution to the research. If somebody has already investigated the topic, there is not much sense in proceeding with it.
Wondering where to find the most current topic for your research? We’ve collected them below.
Computer Science Thesis Topics
Computers surround us everywhere. From hospitals to home offices, it’s impossible to imagine life without them. A doctorate in computer science can allow you many career opportunities!
- The latest developments in AI use for healthcare services. Healthcare in the US is expensive for its citizens. One way to reduce the cost is using computer algorithms. This technology research topic lets you explore how AI helps physicians with their tasks.
- Computer security for public institutions. Several allegations about hackers stealing data from the US government emerged in recent years. With this dissertation idea, study public cybersecurity. Also, discuss ways to improve cybersecurity practices.
- Visual recognition system architecture: real-time object detection. Discuss a system based on neural networks capable of detecting objects. Focus on the virtual environment. You can alter this trending topic in computer science for real-life settings.
- Blockchain application outside financial technologies. Analyze and discuss the implications of using blockchain systems outside of the fintech sector. For example, study its use for public services and in government agencies. This topic allows exploring ways of applying established algorithms.
- Machine learning and text structures. Discuss ways of visualizing text categorization. Focus on complex hierarchical structures of texts. This topic is suitable for postgraduates.
- Encrypted search: security, performance, and usage. Discuss the use of encryptions to protect data. Say how we can improve it for effective information search.
- Use of AI in education . Study how algorithms can improve learning. This topic can be altered for other fields. For example, choose AI in business or agriculture.
- Graphics and visual computing: current state and the future. By now, CAD programs are an integral part of every engineer’s tool kit. Your thesis can analyze the potential of those programs. What would improve their performance? Is there a chance that they will become obsolete?
- Multimedia databases parsing and indexing. Netflix and YouTube require technology to search across their multimedia databases. This dissertation can be a survey on best practices. Or, add a company name to the title and focus your research on it.
- AI Marketing: the use of algorithms to improve advertising. In the previous list of research question examples, you can choose a narrow marketing theme. Then, discuss the implications of such algorithms.
- Study computation of models for virtual environments.
- Cybersecurity challenges for automated vehicles.
- AI and vehicle automation: potential safety gaps.
- Computer graphics : perspectives for medical imaging.
- Research the use of computer algorithms for medical analysis.
- Discuss the role of bioinformatics in healthcare improvement.
- How is a computer-aided design used in creating automobile parts?
- Review the best practices for System Level Testing of distributed systems.
- Agile project management for software engineers.
- Software development risks analysis for successful employment.
- Study the security mechanisms for WLAN networks .
- Malicious botnets and network worms: an overview.
- What are the best practices in ICT systems development?
- Web-based document management systems using XML.
- Best algorithms for cluster generation.
- Methods for improving Open Web Architecture.
- Analyze software solutions for the increased energy efficiency.
- Protection of systems against terror attacks: a case study and analysis.
- New methods of risk management during software development.
- Analyze how Web space requirements are changing.
- Analyze how e-publishing is affecting libraries.
- New methods for studying the behavior of malware, viruses, and worms with the use of secure programming and runtime environments.
- Analyze redundancy and fault recovery in the 4G wireless network .
- Analyze the implementation and analysis of the optimal algorithm vs the heuristic algorithm for the generation of clusters.
- Analyze how full-text databases affect search engines.
Humanities and Art History Thesis Topics
Do you want to put your passion into words? Would you like to share your ideas with the world? Then pursuing a Ph.D. in the arts or humanities is the right path for you.
- The history of cinema: past and present. With this history dissertation topic, focus on how cinema developed. Explore the period starting from the first short films by the Lumiere brothers. Finish the discussion with modern-day Hollywood examples.
- Art or commerce: a case study of Hollywood films . Discuss the intersection between artistic expression and profit. This exciting arts topic focuses on modern cinema. You can use examples of art-house movies and modern commercially successful ones.
- Hollywood vs. Bollywood. Compare the two distinct film production centers for this art thesis. Next, discuss how local cultures impact Hollywood and Bollywood movies’ direction, genres, and plots.
- The use of visual tools in interior design. This dissertation topic is an intersection between arts and computer science. The focus is on how visualization tools help to create design projects.
- Racism in 21st-century literature. Focus on how the narratives about racism have changed. Include examples from poetry and prose of this era. Compare it to works published in the past.
- The cultural aesthetic of Afrofuturism in literature. This dissertation idea allows you to explore the intersection of arts. Specifically, see how culture, philosophy of science, and history manifest in Afrofuturism.
- The social value of ecopoetry. Analyze how literature that focuses on ecological problems. Discuss environmental consciousness and environmental issues .
- Graphic novels: the best examples and implications for the development of literature. What does it mean when literary classics are converted into graphic novels? Incorporate the question if graphic novels can become part of the literary canon.
- Theater of the Absurd in the 1950s and 1960s. Discuss this form of theatrical art. Examine how it emerged and why it became influential.
- Post World War II art: cinema and literature. Use examples of films and literary works. Discuss major works of the post-WWII era and their themes.
- Futurism and the Czech avant-garde: the artistic connection between Europe’s East and West.
- Study the phenomenon of the hero archetype.
- Assess dancing as a form of meditation .
- Review the common elements of various African dances.
- Folk dances across Western Europe.
- Discuss regional dances and dance as a ritual.
- Animation as a modern art form.
- Research the art of glass-making and its prospects for the future.
- Analyze the cultural impact of The Beatles beyond music.
- Literature censorship in the US.
- Examine the intersection of ecology and arts.
- Heidelberg Project: is it a model for creating art in urban areas?
- Study kinetic sculptures of the 20th century.
- What characterizes social activism in 20 th -century rock music?
- Jazz in the 21st century: a potential for revival.
- The history of design in various periods of human existence (the ancient times, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, etc.).
- Design as art.
- Philosophy of design.
- Separate branches of design (interior design, car design, toy design, etc.).
- Stylistic peculiarities of a certain designer.
- Web design as a modern quintessence of design.
- Social significance of design.
- The birth of Communism as it relates to Stendhal.
- The relationship between politics and literature in the 19 th century.
- An analysis and case study of artists and art during times of war.
- How contemporary art is related to American suffering.
- Analyze of how racism relates to the family unit.
List of Science Topics for Your Thesis
A dissertation in science will probably require you to run numerous experiments. Many of them will probably go wrong. But the one that does work might be the next big breakthrough! Find a suitable research theme in the following list of topics:
- Bacterial injections for the treatment of cancer tumors. Injecting bacteria into tumors is a fairly new approach to treating cancer. Review the mechanism of action and evaluate the potential of this method for curing cancer.
- Computer imagining and AI for cancer detection. Examine how AI-assisted cancer screening improves accuracy. Include early detection implications and usage in hospitals.
- Ethics of organ donations and transplantation. With this dissertation topic in science, examine the ethics of encouraging people to donate their organs. Include the implications for medical research and practice.
- An epidemiological and molecular approach to cancer prevention. This topic idea suggests assessing the current understanding of how cancer develops as well as potential prevention strategies.
- Ways of speeding up vaccine development and testing. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown that the process of vaccine development is relatively slow. It takes a long time to ensure proper testing. You may discuss these issues in your biochemistry dissertation.
- The current state of research into ultra fast rechargeable batteries. The topic of batteries and energy attracts lots of attention. With this topic, you can examine how to improve the design of aluminum-ion batteries. Include ways to decrease their charging time.
- Nanotechnologies in drug delivery: electrospraying. Current research shows the great potential of nanotechnologies. In particular, the electrospraying technique makes nanoparticle delivery more efficient.
- Prevalence of various Helicobacter Pylori virulence in a population. Conduct a quantitative research and examine a sample of patients to determine the number infected with Helicobacter Pylori.
- The relationship between gut microbiota and the person’s appetite. Your research can explore the theory that the gut microbiome has varied effects on the person’s body. Review the implications for obesity treatment for different gut microbiomes.
- The age of antibiotics : is it over? Examine the use of antibiotics and the reasons for its decline. Discuss the evolving nature of bacteria that require remedies other than antibiotics. Include quantitative data in this dissertation for a specific type of disease.
- CRISPR method for studying human DNA.
- The study of human evolution: latest discoveries.
- Denisovans from Siberia: a new type of hominid discovered.
- Study the use of AI in archeology.
- Conduct a study of the Neanderthal genome sequence.
- What are the ways of improving solar cell efficiency?
- The carbon footprint of modern production: how do companies damage the environment?
- Research the use of cesium in solar panels.
- The era of supercapacitors: are we ending the use of batteries?
- Assess the efficiency of Robot Suits for people with permanent paralysis.
- Microscale medial robots: potential applications.
- Look into stem cell mobilization and its mechanisms.
- Discuss the ethics of automated vehicles.
- Space robotics: can we design robots capable of exploring space?
- Evaluate the efficiency and potential of lithium-based rechargeable batteries.
- Morality and ethics of stem cell research .
- Is behavior controlled or affected by genetics and to what level.
- A look at methods of improving risk factors post-stroke.
- Analyze of Chinese herbal practice and its relevance to conventional medicine.
- Analyze the effect schools have on childhood obesity .
- New methods of using existing data to gather information that is useful.
- An in-depth look at the factors affecting the decline of the immune system with age.
- Analyze of the potential effect of nanotechnology on health and the environment.
- Analyze of toxicity levels of inhaled nanoparticles.
- The usefulness of nanotechnology in curing some types of cancer .
- An analysis and case study of the treatment of patients who have experienced a loss of memory.
- Analyze the use of DNA typing of remains to identify missing people and the victims of crime.
- The response of immune deficiency diseases to the activation of T-cell subsets.
- The influence and importance of IT in the field of biomedicine.
Architecture Thesis Topics
Architecture is more than just aesthetics. That’s become especially clear ever since the doctrine “form follows function” gained traction. Whether you’re into baroque or Bauhaus, there’s plenty to discover about architecture.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- Religious architecture in the British Empire. Research the transformation of religious buildings and how it affected architecture in general.
- Modernist architecture in the USSR at the beginning of the 20th century. Compare modernist architecture in the USSR with other countries.
- Urban greening and its influence on buildings’ design. The dissertation proposal can include green roofs as the main point of research.
- Brutalism and its history in New York . Provide historical research of brutalism in New York and discuss how it affects modern architecture.
- Modern-day aboriginal settlements in Australia. Using examples from media and research, indicate how aboriginal settlements are perceived and handled today.
- Transformation of the urban design in the 21st century. Using London, Hong-Kong, and New York as examples, provide an in-depth discussion of changes in the urban design.
- The architectural history of Seattle. Conduct research and write a proposal that will compare different architectural styles seen in Seattle.
- Integration of culture in environmental design. In this proposal, you can use large cities in Asia as primary examples of the synergy between culture and architecture.
- The architecture of residential neighborhoods during the second half of the 20th century. Choose one or several large cities (e.g., Berlin, Miami, Kyoto) as the basis for your research.
- The history of Moscow Avant-Garde . Use both Soviet and modern Russian research on Avant-Garde to present the topic accurately.
- Use of computer visuals in architecture.
- Review the trends in modern furniture design.
- Ecology and architecture : integration of green technologies.
- Discuss the multiculturalism of contemporary urban architecture.
- The history of architecture in urban areas of the US: the study of New York.
- Modern city design case study.
- Research ways of using wood in modern architecture.
- Commercial architecture: aesthetics and usability.
- Evaluate the design of municipal buildings in the US.
- Creativity in postmodernist architecture.
- How do we integrate smart home technology into architecture?
- Small scale homes: a study of growing interest in small housing.
- Discuss the use of lighting in building design.
- Study innovations in structural design in the digital age.
- What are the implications of inclusive architecture?
- Sustainable architecture: recycling spaces and materials.
- Renewable energy in home design.
- Assess open concept homes for American families.
- Conduct a study of family homes design.
- Research architecture suitable for middle-class families.
Thesis Topics in English Literature & World Literature
Was your New Year’s Resolution to re-read the 100 most influential classical works? Then you might want to consider writing a thesis in advanced higher English. Check out these engaging prompts:
- In-depth stylistic analysis of The Trial by Franz Kafka. Explain what stylistic devices Kafka used in his story.
- The influence of The Hound of the Baskervilles on the development of modern detective stories. Prepare several comparisons of The Hound with modern detective stories to pinpoint its influence.
- The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum : women characters in Heinrich Böll’s fiction. Using the book mentioned in the topic, examine how the German writer depicted women in his prose.
- Analysis of the terrorism portrayal in modern journalism : The New York Times case study. Pick several articles related to terrorism published in NYT and describe in detail how it is portrayed (keywords, images, etc.).
- A formalist approach to Dostoevsky: analysis of The Brothers Karamazov . Provide the reader with an explanation of the formalist approach and use it to analyze the novel.
- The depiction of sexual violence in young adult literature. Pick several YA novels published in the 2010s for your research.
- The use of repetition in Samuel Beckett’s Waiting for Godot . Analyze how repetition is used for emphasis and other effects in the play.
- Feminism and gender in Margaret Atwood’s Cats’ Eye . Review the book from a feminist point of view and discuss how gender issues are presented in the book.
- How does Phillip K. Dick use intertextuality in The Man in the High Castle ? Find as many references to other literary and historical sources as you can and elaborate how Dick uses them and for what aims.
- The influence of Steppenwolf on postmodern American literature: the contribution of Herman Hesse. Using Steppenwolf as the primary source, discuss what characteristics common for postmodern literature Hesse uses in this novel.
- How does racism manifest itself in classical literature?
- Discuss the oppression of women in The Handmaid’s Tale.
- Gender roles in The Miniaturist and A Doll’s House : a comparison.
- Moral ambiguity in David Harrower’s works.
- Literary techniques in the Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- The setting in The Murder in the Rue Morgue and its influence on the detective genre.
- Review the tropes first introduced in The Moonstone.
- Study the depictions of police’s work in Skinner’s Rule .
- Assess the influence of Victorian Gothic horror on popular culture.
- Social criticism in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- Analyze cyberpunk elements in Gibson’s Neuromancer.
- Themes of social equality in modern literature.
- Research the views on Native American writers in Nature’s Poem.
- Critique of contemporary children’s literature.
- Gothic elements in Charlotte Bronte’s works.
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Dracula : a comparative analysis.
- Terror in The Picture of Dorian Gray .
- Examine the connection of mental health and society in J.D. Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye .
- Magical realism and romanticism in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.
- How does the cut-up technique contribute to the narration in William S. Burroughs’ Naked Lunch?
Criminal Justice Thesis Topics
Are you a forensic science student who prefers research to actual police work? In that case, a dissertation in criminology is a great idea. This way, you can work on preventing crime from the comfort of your desk.
- Recidivism rates among underage Latino first-time offenders: a quantitative study. Research a group of first-time offenders of a particular age (e.g., 18 to 25 years old).
- A comparative analysis of the incidents of gun violence in the USA during the 2010s. Choose several prominent examples and compare them to each other.
- Troublesome statements: the role of witnesses in potentially false accusations. In this dissertation, you can write about the unreliability of statements, using documented examples.
- The patterns of drug trafficking in Germany’s largest cities: a case study of Berlin and Hamburg. Analyze the changes in these patterns in the 2010s.
- Money laundering and corruption in the United States in the 21st century. Using media reports, create dissertation research about corruption schemes.
- Mental health and self-perception of second-time sex offenders. Determine if their self-perception changes.
- Campus shootings in the USA: causes and risk factors. Using recent and historical data, analyze the cases of mass shootings.
- The influence of cyberbullying on suicide rates among Australian adolescents (13-17 years old). You can base your dissertation report on various research on cyberbullying published in Australian scholarly journals.
- Parental abuse and its influence on serial killer’s perception of victims. Discuss interconnections between abuse and potential sadistic behavior.
- The history of forensic interviewing in the USA. Present research and practices that developed it.
- Use of artificial intelligence for forensic investigations.
- Criminal behavior at a young age and its implications for the future.
- Drug use: pattern of recurring arrests among American youth.
- Incarcerated parents: the impact on the child’s perception of crime.
- Research the reforms of the US criminal justice system.
- Propose strategies for improving the juvenile detention system.
- Police officer’s abuse of power: analysis of reports.
- Race and criminal justice: the case of War on Drugs .
- What are the possible alternative forms of incarceration?
- A study of public perception of modern serial killers.
- Training of sniffer dogs.
- The implications of eyewitness testimony.
- Abuse in Hollywood: a case study of Harvey Weinstein.
- Bias against African Americans during investigations.
- A study of college violence.
- Legal implications of medical marijuana legalization.
- Ethics of criminal justice: the problem of confidentiality.
- Review the challenges linked with domestic violence investigations.
- Suggest ways of preventing crimes in schools.
- Gender bias during crime examinations.
Geography Thesis Topics
If you enjoy unveiling Earth’s secrets, this section is for you. Here you’ll find geography dissertation ideas ranging from studies of movement to regional phenomena.
- Species that became extinct in the 20th century: qualitative research. Address the human influence on various species .
- Current issues in the exploration of Arctic. Discuss difficulties and specifics of such explorations.
- A comparison of urban back gardens in the USA and the UK. You can compare their design and other features (for example, vegetation used for decoration).
- The causes and outcomes of flooding in the USA in the 2010s. Address climate change as one of the leading causes.
- Prevention of ecosystem changes with modern technology. Provide various examples of how technology is used to sustain ecosystems.
- Changes in holidays destinations in the 2000s: a comparison of the USA and Canada. Demonstrate what changes in preferences were documented in these countries and show what destinations were especially popular.
- The perception of environmentally friendly technologies and their impact on the environment by citizens of large metropolitan areas: a case study of Miami. Explain how various projects based on environmentally friendly technologies are launched in Miami.
- A negative impact of global warming on weather conditions in Iceland. Discuss how tourism in Iceland is affected by these changes.
- The influence of industrialization on climate change. Address the causes of climate change, using industrialization and its consequences as a basis.
- Compare Greenfield and Brownfield land use for construction projects.
- Investigate the significance of red salmon for Kamchatka.
- The social impact of climate change: a study of migration patterns.
- The potential of community gardening in underprivileged neighborhoods.
- Study the link between the strengths of hurricanes and climate change.
- What can be done to stop gentrification in your community?
- Evaluate coastal tourism, its effect, and implications.
- The impact of reservoir locations on water quality.
- How did industrialization affect the development of Chicago?
- Study soil pollution levels in your community area.
- Conduct an analysis of air quality in your city.
- Environmental tourism, its history, and perspectives.
- Differences in soil chemistry across several locations.
- The impact of organic farming on water quality in your area.
- Compare the sustainability of organically vs. conventionally farmed tomatoes.
- Research air pollution levels and data on airborne illnesses in your area.
- What’s the relationship between rock climbing and cliff vegetation?
- Study the changes in soil fertility upon volcanic eruption.
- How does the Chernobyl disaster continue to affect the surrounding area?
- Determine the patterns of floods in a particular area of your choice.
Sociology Thesis Ideas
Sociology studies how humans live together. A dissertation is a great way to dive deeper into a particular subject. You can get as specific as your heart desires! Check out our sociology thesis topics:
- Single parent stigma and its influence on family’s quality of life and parent-child relationships. Present examples from recent research that illustrate how the dynamics of these relationships change over time due to stigma.
- Women empowerment in Saudi Arabia in 2000s: breakthroughs and challenges. Discuss how this empowerment affected legislation and women’s rights.
- Long-term alcohol addiction and self-perception in young adults. With the help of research, demonstrate whether self-perception of these adults transforms significantly due to their addiction.
- Adoption and its influence on parent-child relationships. Present and discuss challenges that such families face.
- Comparison of traditions related to family dinners in the USA and the UK. What specific differences are there and how can they be explained?
- Influence of the emo culture on suicide rates in high school students. Address the influence of such cultures on adolescents’ behavior.
- The rates of secularization in elderly individuals living in urban and rural areas. Compare the rates and explain why they are different.
- Influence of forced outing on transgender individuals and concomitant changes in their quality of life. Explain the effects of forced outing and why this impact is dangerous.
- Comparison of anti-nuclear movements in Germany and Japan in the 21st century. Explain in detail what differences and similarities are prominent.
- Performance rates of teenagers in schools in low-income neighborhoods: a case study of Boston schools. When writing your dissertation proposal, consider various factors (poverty, limited access to technology, etc.) that affect performance rates of these teenagers.
- Black Lives Matter movement’s immediate impact on racism.
- Research causes of minority bias in the US.
- Affirmative action and its impact on the perception of varied racial groups.
- The impact of religion on people’s attitudes towards race.
- Review the challenges of the US LGBT community.
- Bias towards transgender studies.
- Social activism against gender discrimination in the 21st century.
- The impact of social assistance in schools on a child’s future.
- Research the changes in education after WWII.
- Analyze scholarship policies in the US.
- The impact of student debt on youth’s perception of education in the US.
- Outcomes of public vs. private education: a comparison.
- Research the preservation of culture in American immigrant families.
- Applying Marx’s conflict theory to social justice movements.
- Assess changing trends in social norms in a country of your choice.
- Attitudes towards prejudice among people of different social backgrounds.
- Comparison of women’s rights in Western and Middle Eastern countries.
- The impact of capitalism on one’s social values.
- How does capitalism benefit society across multiple post-soviet countries?
- Compare healthcare access in autocracies vs. democracies.
💡 Dissertation Topics for Ph.D. students
Below you’ll find a list of excellent dissertation ideas in different fields of study. They are more difficult than thesis topics and require more research. Jump to the section that interests you and find the topic that suits you best! But first:
Just $13.00 $10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
What Makes a Good Ph.D. Topic?
Usually, universities would expect your dissertation to be original and relevant in the field of the research. Moreover, it would be worthwhile if it has the potential to make a change.
This checklist will help you see whether you’ve made the right choice. Your dissertation topic is good, if:
- You have an opportunity to research it fully. You need to know that there is enough data and a theoretical basis. Do some prior research to understand if you will be able to answer all your dissertation questions.
- You can fill the gaps in the existing knowledge. Your research matters if you can provide some new information that contributes to the field of your studies.
- Your dissertation title is catchy. Try to make it worth the reader’s attention from the first glance.
- You can evaluate how much time you need. It is vital to understand all the stages of your research and the challenges you might face to plan your work.
- You know the subject well. You will need to explore your topic in-depth. It’s good to have some previous knowledge about it. Starting the research from the very basics will take more time and effort.
- You have enough resources to investigate it. Both time and money matter in this case. You need to do high-quality research and meet your deadlines.
Dissertation Topics in Education
Learning is a lifelong experience, and the importance of schools cannot be overestimated. Research in this area is critical to improving education standards. Have a look at these topic ideas to get inspired:
- Educational games as tools for enhancing learning abilities: theory and practice. Many studies have been conducted on different learning approaches. For young learners, engagement is as critical as the outcome. Therefore, this work focuses on educational games and their effect on children’s improvisation and learning.
- Studying the connection between classroom quality and the learning outcome in kindergarten . Children are strongly affected by their environment, especially when it comes to learning. This dissertation topic example is all about looking into different classroom settings and their effect on kids’ learning outcomes.
- Evaluating the process of implementation of inclusive education in the US. Professionals argue that inclusive education carries multiple benefits for all students (not just those with limited abilities.) However, it is quite a challenging process to implement all the changes.
- Factors influencing the decision to transfer to the higher education institution outside the US. In this work, you can focus on finding out the reasons for such a decision. Why do undergraduate students choose to leave their homecountry? What are the most important factors?
- Online education vs. traditional face-to-face for adult learners: compare and contrast. Online courses have their own benefits. However, would adult learners prefer them to in-person classrooms? How does it affect their learning and motivation?
- How does working as a taxi driver and navigating change a person’s brain?
- To what extent can reality television be disempowering for students?
- The role of homework in the lives of immigrant adolescents.
- The impact of teachers’ shocking behaviors in fostering students’ creativity.
- The determinants of flossing behavior in college students.
- The classification of drinking styles in the college-age population.
- Integrating the computer into the curriculum: why you can’t simply plug it in.
- The preconditions for serious music-making avocation in computer science students.
- Adult graduate difficulties with learning new technologies.
- The effect of academic performance on the health of adolescents.
- The impact of mathematic coaching on students’ self-esteem .
- The influence of internet on the emotional maturity of students.
- Academic achievements of students who decide to become teachers.
- Is it true that students are more likely to do homework given by good-looking professors?
- Informal learning in rural areas via social networks.
- Edublogging for professors: the social networks of educationists.
- Does learning existentialism cause suicides?
- Is it possible to reduce summer learning loss without students’ consent?
- Can we reject classical math and do it at the same time? Yes, we can.
- What are major career prospects with a degree in Liberal Arts ?
- Using electronic games in museums as an effective education tool.
Business Dissertation Topics
There are many things a business administrator should keep in mind. Finances, marketing, and development are just the tip of the iceberg. So, the choice of topics is practically endless. Check out this selection to narrow down the possibilities:
- How are business strategies adjusted to the globalization process? Small businesses’ perspective. Globalization means huge and profitable opportunities. To seize them, all businesses and companies should make some changes in their strategies. Investigate what would be the best action plan for them.
- Cultural changes and the effect of feedback in an international company: a case study. Choose a multinational company. Study the impact of feedback (both from the employees and customers) on its organizational culture changes. What reaction does it provoke in the company?
- Human resource management approaches in international non-profit organizations. In this study, look into the strategies HR managers apply in non-profit organizations. One of their main responsibilities is to monitor the performance of the employees. However, at the international level it becomes more difficult.
- Leadership and organizational culture in making decisions about business strategies. In this research, you study the influence of the organizational culture on leaders. In the case of trying to initiate changes in the business strategy, how is a leadership decision taken?
- The role of “foreign direct investment” in companies in developing countries: a case study of a large business. For this paper, pick a suitable company first. Aim for large companies in developing countries. Then conduct research and find out what strategies they have for foreign direct investments.
- COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on workplace management in small businesses. The COVID-19 pandemic caused many companies to readjust their HR policies. For instance, they allowed their staff to work from home. Research this phenomenon in your thesis.
- Social entrepreneurship for large companies. If you want to make the world a better place, social entrepreneurship is a suitable method. We usually associate it with small start-ups. But what about large companies? With this topic, you can research how the concept works for big firms.
- How innovation affects demand in technology-driven businesses. This MBA dissertation topic combines business studies and technology. Examine how companies create products for establishing markets.
- Management strategies in times of COVID-19: a case study. The pandemic has forced companies to use Zoom, Skype, and messaging instead of regular meetings. Review how executives can apply traditional management models in the digital space.
- The impact of burnout on employees . Interview staff members and determine how burnout affects performance. Include the name of a company or industry in your dissertation’s title.
- Tourism management in the Middle East.
- How do natural disasters impact the demand for essentials?
- Compare and contrast Asian and American leadership styles.
- How does fluctuation in the stock market impact business operations?
- The art of delegation: how to do it effectively and when to avoid it.
- How can one efficiently lead a company when unforeseen circumstances occur?
- What factors determine employees’ work satisfaction?
- Study the link between a company’s success and innovation.
- What can business managers do to bridge the gap between generations?
- Research the benefits of global and local brand management.
- What causes changes in Chinese business culture?
- Choose a small business and analyze its strategy.
- Organizational changes: what factors impact transformation?
- Internet banking: barriers to usage.
- Create a business plan that is focused on a specific issue.
- Conditions necessary for quality management in MNCs.
- The role of E-commerce for food retailers.
- Conduct a case study with the purpose to analyze one or several social phenomena.
- Workplace ethics in small businesses.
- The phenomenon of remote working and how it is affecting businesses.
- Comparison of Generation X and the Millennial Generation.
- Managing the Millennial Generation .
- Current trends in consumer behavior in relation to advertising.
- Analyze which countries margin financing is effective and why.
- Analyze the macroeconomic factors affecting exchange rates.
- An empirical analysis of the impact of organizational performance and leadership.
Law Dissertation Topics for Ph.D. Students
Legal science is not dull as one may think. It’s crucial to evaluate laws at any point in time. Do they fit the current norms? Does something or someone need more protection than before? If you want to garnish your legal education with a Ph.D., here are some topic suggestions:
- Trust law: the circumstances when fully secret and half-secret trusts are necessary. Find out what are the principles that dictate the enforcement of the trusts. There are specific circumstances that determine whether creating trusts would be adequate and relevant. Make sure to take them into consideration.
- Termination of employment in case of employees tested positive for HIV/AIDS. Your task would be to conduct research and see how HIV/AIDS employees are influenced in the workplace. The most common issues are discrimination and termination of employment.
- The influence of the Global War on Terrorism on international criminal law. When the US launched the campaign against terrorism in 2001, international criminal law faced some changes. You can study the most significant changes that have been made.
- The level of effectiveness of the US copyright law in relation to the rights of users. It’s an empirical research that would require collecting lots of data. Try to find some cases when the users were left cheated by copyright law. It would bring some diversity to the research and make it more interesting.
- Study the effect that the US immigration policy has on education right now. Educational institutions are also required to adjust to changes connected with immigration. Different requirements and different curriculums are implemented to fit their needs. You are about to look into this issue.
- Select a country and analyze its worker protection laws. Compare the rights and obligations of employees in two countries of your choice. What potential improvements can solidify employee rights?
- Protection of minorities, legal precedents. Minority rights are becoming more and more relevant. This topic allows you to discuss how laws can be changed to reflect it.
- Regulation of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies allow for anonymity. Besides, they are not regulated by any state. In your thesis, you can analyze cryptocurrency regulations.
- Fake news: legal responsibility. Review how the United States legal system approaches disinformation. Focus on false publications on news resources. Another possible topic is improvements to defamation laws.
- Freedom of expression: a case during a pandemic. This topic is about false information in times of COVID-19. Examine how a state can balance freedom of expression with the spread of false information. Focus on this disease and the fake news about it.
- Legal practices for preventing possible future pandemics.
- Research ways of online journalism protection.
- International law vs. the right to self-determination: comparative case studies of de facto states.
- Review the history of fiscal laws in America.
- Limits to freedom of expression in the US legal system.
- Enforcing regulations concerning domestic violence.
- Study criminal responsibility for drug possession in the US.
- Criminalization of violence against women .
- Review the legal framework for addressing foreign involvement in elections.
- What was the federal response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Health standards for immigrant detention centers in the US.
- Research the loopholes in the US immigration laws.
- Birthright citizenship in the US: pros and cons.
- 1951 Refugee Convention: is it obsolete?
- Illegal immigrants and their rights in the US justice system.
- How criminal laws have been impacted around the world by the war on terror .
- Choose a country and analyze their policies on discrimination.
- Evaluate the protection given to minority shareholders as dictated by company law.
- Provide a critical analysis of the law of omissions liability.
- Investigate and analyze complaints filed in the criminal justice system .
- A critical analysis of the reform of homicide laws.
- The morality and impact of euthanasia and how Canada sets a precedent.
- A detailed analysis of gender and race profiling of suspects in the criminal justice system.
- Analyze the right to bear arms relative to the context in which the law was written into The Constitution.
- Create case studies that represent a review of criminal negligence related to the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
Psychology Dissertation Topics
The mysterious ways of the human mind offer many research opportunities. Psychology encompasses sub-fields such as behavior and cognition. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll undoubtedly find something interesting in the list below.
- The current effect of the “price ending” method on the consumers’ behavior. Nowadays, everybody knows the most popular trick that shops pull to make customers buy the products. However, does understanding it make it easier to resist it? Is this psychological trap still working?
- Burnout at the executive positions in massive US corporations: is it possible to prevent? The phenomenon of burnout is the most common issue that employees face nowadays. But there are ways to detected it at an early stage. Could they be used to predict and prevent this problem?
- Mindfulness practices and their influence on students’ learning abilities at the top universities (e.g., Harvard). Mindfulness is proved to be extremely useful in overcoming stress and anxiety issues. However, does it affect the learning outcome of the students who study at the best universities in the world?
- The individual struggles with gender issues and their impact on global gender inequality. Everything always starts with a small thing. For this paper, study the relation between some individual cases and the global issue. How do personal struggles contribute to the worldwide movement for justice?
- The positive influence of irrational beliefs on mental well-being. In psychology, irrational beliefs are a set of values and opinions that people believe in despite many rational pieces of evidence against them. However, what positive effect can they bring?
- Ways of raising awareness of mental health problems . Mental health has been discussed more openly in recent years. Review how this open discussion affects views on personal mental health. As another idea for a psychology dissertation topic, research a specific illness.
- Student burnout and ways to prevent it. Focus on the problems students face and what strategies can reduce their stress.
- Lockdown and mental health. The COVID-19 pandemic forced many people to be in isolation from social contacts. Review the potential effects of this practice on people’s well-being. Discuss possible strategies for supporting mental health during possible future pandemics.
- Weight, self-image, and mental health. A clinical psychology thesis can focus on the psychology behind excess weight. Discuss how weight affects a person’s perception of self. Assess implications for clinical psychologists who work with overweight patients.
- Social media vs. reality: normalizing real people. Review current efforts of social media accounts in normalizing body image . Explain how this can reverse the damage that edited photos have on mental health.
- How does gender bias affect mental health in America?
- What factors affect women’s self-esteem in the workplace?
- Specifics of transgender mental health.
- Research the effect of immigration on mental well-being.
- Study the psychology of racism and ways to combat it.
- What distinguishes the mental health of minorities in the US?
- Research the psychology of dissent in the Soviet Union.
- The connection between stress and overeating: latest developments.
- Assess the role of social support for losing weight .
- What’s the role of prejudice in politics?
- Assess the role of endurance in coping with stress.
- Developing hardiness: strategies and exercises.
- What’s the effect of emotional resilience on mental health?
- Helping teenagers overcome stress via relaxation techniques.
- Look into the perception of anger and its effect on mental health.
- Understanding the function of the prefrontal cortex in terms of how it is connected to other parts of the brain.
- Understanding how the prefrontal cortex makes us human.
- How emotional and anxiety disorders are connected to social cognition that is impaired.
- Analyze the ability of an MRI to determine brain function.
- Analyze the relationship between emotional and episodic memory.
- A comparison of the plasticity of the child’s brain and the adult brain.
- Analyze the continued relevance of Piaget’s theory of cognitive development.
- An in-depth look at the social intuitionist model and how it relates to the emotion and reason involved in moral judgement.
- How the evolution of the human brain can be understood in terms of human cognitive development.
- A demonstration of the multi-dimensional nature of schizophrenia .
- How rational thinking and impulse contribute to decision-making.
- A systematic analysis and review of the psychology of religion.
- How exposure to nature affects happiness.
Nursing Dissertation Topics
A nurse’s work is hard. Unfortunately, they rarely get the credit they deserve. With a Ph.D., you could become an advocate on the problem. Or you could concentrate on optimizing their work environments.
- Exercise, changes in lifestyle , and self-tracking for diabetes prevention and management. Center your research on different lifestyle changes (exercise, reduced smoking, and drinking) and explain how and why it prevents diabetes.
- Influence of stigma related to HIV/AIDS on representatives of ethnic minorities: a case study of Native Americans. Using research, provide compelling evidence of how Native Americans are stigmatized and discriminated against.
- Chronic illness management at home: recommended evidence-based practices. Using current nursing and other professional research, discuss how adults and seniors manage chronic and autoimmune diseases.
- Depression and stress and their relation to preterm births in first-time mothers. Collect several articles about the issue and using their conclusions show how depression causes preterm births.
- Burnout in nurses: factors that cause it and practical solutions for prevention. Present outcomes of burnout (decreased performance and concentration, subpar workplace environment) and illustrate how it affects hospitals on a more significant scale.
- Public health: community-based measures to prevent morbid obesity . In this research, you can list various methods that include exercise and education and explain in detail how they prevent the spread of obesity.
- Risk factors and injury rates in psychiatric nursing. Present statistics on different types of injuries in psychiatric hospitals.
- Diversity and inclusion in nursing education. When researching diversity, make sure you are using examples of different minority groups’ perception of education.
- Euthanasia legislation in the USA: current issues and debates. Provide a thoughtful discussion of ethical and legal issues surrounding euthanasia.
- Organizational climate and its influence on perceived patient safety. Your study should focus on the importance of positive relationships between staff members, and its influence on the prevention of medical errors.
- Dietary practices and their influence on the quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus . SLE is a complex disease that requires a multidisciplinary approach. Describe nutritional research approaches to SLE.
- Fluoride application training in dental nursing.
- Describe the specifics of nursing care for patients with diabetes.
- Assess gender disparity in nursing research.
- Study nurse burnout prevalence in neonatal care in your community.
- Nursing staff advising DASH diet: effects on patients’ blood pressure.
- What are the challenges of asthma management for nurses?
- Nursing for autistic patients : the best strategies.
- Racial differences in nursing care: a case study.
- Evaluate nurses’ role in pain management for patients with dementia.
- Study the connection between nursing staff turnover and burnout.
- How is the role of a nurse changing in the modern healthcare system?
- Review nursing practices for managing patients over the age of 65.
- A holistic approach to obesity management in nursing.
- Describe the specifics of nursing in rural areas.
- Physical activity and mental health: a nursing case study.
- Discuss nursing pain relief strategies for general care.
- Determine the ethical implications of nursing malpractice.
- Nurses consultations for spinal cord injuries.
- Nursing in an urban setting: challenges and prospects.
- What are the specifics of pain management in obstetrical nursing?
Marketing Dissertation Topics
Good marketing is what made you buy that product you didn’t know you needed. Marketing needs plenty of scientific research for it to be successful. You can contribute to this effort with one of the following topic ideas:
- Compare and contrast: the effectiveness of traditional and digital marketing in the last five years. Marketing moves towards digital campaigns more and more every year. Though, traditional marketing still exists, of course. Your task is to compare every aspect of these two types in the span of the previous five years.
- The specifics of the relationship marketing and its influence on the loyalty rates among customers: a case study of fast-food chains. Take a few fast-food chains to conduct this research. Then analyze their relationship marketing strategies. There should be a correlation between the methods they use and the loyalty of their customers.
- Direct marketing and artificial intelligence: how do companies use it? The industry of marketing couldn’t have missed the opportunity to use the latest technologies for their benefit. Artificial intelligence helps some companies gain a competitive advantage. Find out what those benefits are.
- Collectivism and individualism : how cultures affect supermarkets? There are some apparent differences in cultures when it comes to shopping. So each shop owner has to implement a specific marketing strategy for targeting the customers. Work on aspects that make those strategies successful in different cultures.
- The strategies that make personalized products sell effectively. Everybody loves customized products, but it seems like not everybody is willing to give out their info for it. Therefore, businesses are forced to work it out. This research looks into marketing tools and methods they use to sell personalized products.
- Influence of online shopping apps on impulsive buying behavior. Using prominent examples such as Amazon and eBay, elaborate how apps affect customer’s decision to purchase an item through recommendations.
- Product design and its impact on consumer’s purchase decision. When preparing this thesis topic, consider using examples of large corporations such as Apple or IKEA to prove your point.
- Customer loyalty : the importance of satisfaction and loyalty programs. Conduct research using available surveys on satisfaction and draw conclusions from these statistics.
- Ethnic differences and their impact on brand perception. This research can review the types of products that target White or Black Americans specifically.
- Preferences for green products: analysis of the income’s influence on consumer decisions. Compare what households are more likely to prefer green products.
- Shopping habits of Muslim consumers in the USA: qualitative research. Here, you will need to research by engaging Muslim Americans in your study; you can use interviews or surveys for this topic.
- Social media and its impact on the promotion of small business. Make sure your reader understands how social media can promote or negatively present small business through customers’ comments.
- Does globalization make preferences of customers from different socioeconomic backgrounds similar? Using several classes (lower, middle, and upper), discuss the preferences of American households.
- Social media usage by international companies: a case study of Electronic Arts. Study the influence of customers’ reviews and opinions on EA’s sales.
- Consumers’ perception of transaction safety in online shopping applications. Discuss how consumers learn to differentiate between reliable and unreliable apps for payments.
- Marketing high tech products: a case study.
- Study changing marketing strategies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The future of big data uses in marketing.
- Conduct a comparative analysis of online vs. offline advertising.
- Explore the relationship between marketing strategies and sales.
- Holiday marketing strategies in the 21st century.
- Is marketing tailed towards model devices effective?
- Study the rise of influencer marketing.
- Review the newest trends in digital advertising.
- Brand management in 2023: an analysis.
- Assess the impact of ads on consumer behavior.
- Targeted ads: are they efficient?
- How did marketing change during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Assess brand management’s contribution to consumer loyalty .
- Impact of social media marketing on brand perception.
- Google Analytics insights for marketing campaigns.
- Marketing for minority populations.
- Youtube marketing: the effectiveness of videos for brand promotion.
- How does partnering with influencers impact brand perception?
- Social influencer marketing for SMEs.
History Dissertation Topics
History is written not only by the victors but also by history students. Your dissertation can shine a light on understudied cultures. Or perhaps you want to focus on how a specific event impacted the world. Find inspiration among the following dissertation questions and ideas:
- The historical context of the creation of Guernica by Pablo Picasso . War wasn’t the only inspiration for Pablo Picasso during the process of making Guernica . In this paper, you would look into the environment of the artist and try to identify what else brought him to the creation of this masterpiece.
- Bismarck and radical nationalism: what influenced the political state? For this research, you would study the underlying reasons for German Nazism before the beginning of World War II. What factors gave it a start when Otto von Bismarck was in charge?
- The rise of Bollywood: historical context. This paper focuses on the success of Indian Bollywood movies in the 1930s. You would need to look into the events that made those movies famous in the whole world. Don’t forget to mention the social views of Bollywood movies.
- The influence of secrecy in the technology intervention during World War II. You would study the role that the US Patent and Trademark Office played in the development of special war technology. Secrecy helped to keep it away from the public and enemies. How did it influence the war?
- Italian prisons in the 19th century: how were they managed after Unification? This paper would require you to study documentation on the management system prison used in Italy at the beginning of the 19th century. You should try to find some practices that might have been socially harmful.
- Gender perceptions in the Middle Age. When preparing the dissertation, use both historical and literary sources to show how gender was presented.
- Secularization in the American South during the post-war period. Provide a detailed discussion of secular societies forming in the South after the 1940s.
- Representation of Jewish history in contemporary art: a case study of Art Spiegelman’s Maus . Using the comic book as the primary basis, explain how Jewish culture and history are presented there.
- The history of medieval warfare and its influence on Modern Era warfare. When constructing this thesis, make sure you are using both historical and current research to provide details.
- American-British relations during the Cold War Era . Explain how the Cold War Era changes these relations and what has affected it the most.
- Germany’s foreign relations during the 1980s. Present a detailed overview of different foreign relations (e.g., with the USA, the USSR, the UK) Germany had during this period.
- The financial crisis in the USA in 2007-2009. Using research and media sources, explain to the reader how the crisis is still affecting the USA.
- The development of Austrian identity after World War II. In this case, you can use both historical evidence and Austrian literature that provides personal opinions of writers and artists on the issue.
- The impact of the Great Depression on the American involvement in the World War II. To show your understanding of historical processes, demonstrate how the Great Depression affected the USA’s perception of WWII.
- How I stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb: the development of nuclear warfare in the 20th century. Discuss the development of nuclear warfare in the USA and the USSR.
- What was the role of China in the Cold War?
- How did the Spanish Flu affect the pandemics that followed it?
- Determine the influence of the stock market crash in 1929 on the World Wars.
- First Battle of Marne’s impact on the outcomes of WWI.
- Tool usage and creation: Aztecs vs. Mayas.
- How did the enlightenment philosophy impact the development of the natural sciences?
- The effects of Christianization in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Assess the role of slavery in the US civil rights movement.
- Study the history of LGBT rights establishment in the US.
- What are the origins of slavery in Africa ?
- The Moon Landing and its impact on space exploration.
- Explore the role of the Bible in Jewish history.
- The US’ involvement in WWII.
- The aftermath of WWII: major historical events.
- Research the link between the Mexican-American War and the Gold Rush.
- Cold War insights: lessons from the Suez Crisis.
- Explore the role of democratization in the Soviet Union collapse .
- Global cooperation in early modern Europe.
- Study the legacy of the arms race.
- How did the First Ladies influence life in the 20th century America?
Dissertation Topics in Management
Companies and employees alike benefit from well-thought-out management strategies. So, a thesis in management has the potential to improve work environments even further. Kickstart your research by choosing one of the following topics:
- Ecotourism in Canada: issues and trends in small business. Explain issues that arise in ecotourism with climate change.
- Management ethics: how social media affects employees’ privacy and organizational climate. Present examples of negative and positive influence.
- Leadership styles : a comparison of democratic and autocratic leadership. Discuss what leadership style should be chosen to rule various companies, depending on their business plan.
- Political risk and its influence on emergency management . Explain how political crises affect and shape emergency management.
- Cultural diversity and its impact on employees’ satisfaction and commitment. Show what advantages and disadvantages there are in cultural diversity.
- Economic growth and unemployment rates in Australia during the 1990s: a historical perspective. Explain the causes of economic growth and unemployment.
- Challenges in human resources management working with millennials: qualitative research. Discuss what particular challenges HR managers face and how they can be addressed.
- The significance of organizational routines in international corporations: a case study of Google. Conduct research on the importance of routine and its impact on performance.
- Computer skills and management: the effectiveness of computerized management information system in rural areas. Describe how digital management can be effectively applied in companies working in rural areas.
- The history of digital rights management in the USA. Present the changes in the field during the 1990s-2010s.
- Analyze the best leadership styles for SMEs.
- Examine the changes entrepreneurship underwent in the past decades.
- How do leadership styles relate to work satisfaction?
- Overview of business negotiation methods using technology.
- Ways of integrating corporate social responsibility (CSR) practices.
- Discuss the specifics of airline companies’ management.
- Choose a theory of motivation in the workplace and make a case study on it.
- Study change management in SMEs in times of a crisis.
- Managing diverse teams: a qualitative analysis.
- Use of employee voice in US companies.
- Research the relationship between the organization’s goals and a manager’s behavior.
- What are the best current practices in public administration ?
- Applying strategic human capital principles in practice.
- The study of female CEOs in a country of your choice.
- Employees’ perception of change management: a quantitative analysis.
- A study of employees’ resistance to change.
- What’s the correlation between a CEO’s leadership traits and employee motivation?
- Workplace risk management: a study of psychosocial hazards.
- Conduct a quantitative study of the gender pay gap for CEOs.
- Research the relationship between management style and employee productivity.
Qualitative Dissertation: Ideas for Proposals
If you want your thesis to be more practical, you’ve come to the right section. Common approaches for qualitative dissertations include researching case studies, surveys, or ethnographies. Because of this, fieldwork will be an integral part of your doctorate journey.
- A comparison of teaching techniques that targeted children with autism in the 20th and 21st centuries. Provide a detailed overview of techniques and explain how research affected them.
- The development of cognitive-behavioral therapy and its effectiveness in patients with eating disorders . Present the history of CBT and use recent research to demonstrate its effectiveness.
- Ageism and sexism in international organizations of the fashion industry. Describe how the fashion industry defines what it means to be “young and beautiful.”
- Addressing sexual harassment at the workplace : the influence of organizational policies on targets’ decision to file a complaint. Explain what policies can support the target and what can prevent such decision.
- Strategies to eliminate bias in self-evaluation reports of employees. Using research in HRM, outline the best strategies that are currently used to avoid bias.
- Post-cancer therapy: issues and trends. Present and discuss various trends, the research behind them, and the effectiveness of different types of therapy.
- A family history of abuse and its influence on drug use in adults. Explain how abuse can provoke addiction in the future.
- The importance of trusting doctor-patient relationships on patient’s medication adherence and management of a healthy lifestyle. Describe how such relationships negatively or positively affect a patient’s decision to take medicine as prescribed.
- Barriers to the acquisition of social support among young men and women veterans in the USA. Discuss mental and physical disorders as major barriers.
- Single mothers’ perceptions of breastfeeding in public places: qualitative research. Conduct interviews to find out their opinion.
- The impact of online learning on student’s academic performance.
- A study of the youths’ perception of learning smartphone applications.
- Research the issue of gender bias in college education .
- Student’s perception of the mental health support and impact on campus.
- Perceptions of charter school education in the 21 century.
- Discuss homeschooling and its effect on a child’s socialization.
- What’s the impact of cyberbullying on teenagers’ mental health?
- How inmates perceive alternative forms of incarceration.
- Gun violence from the perspective of victims.
- Research bias towards video games as an art form.
- In what ways are minorities disadvantaged in America?
- Evaluate cooking as a therapeutic exercise.
- Assess the link between a principal’s leadership style and the school’s rating.
- The effect of online counseling on patients’ mental health.
- Perception of mental health stigma among students.
- How does gig economy re-define work?
- The implications of freelancing in the 2020s.
- Opinions about a 6-day work week in your community.
- Assess the process of adaptation to working from home.
- Conduct a research study of views on the BLM movement outside the US.
Quantitative Dissertation Proposal Topics
Some scholars just love working with data. Are you one of them? Then you’ll probably enjoy quantitative research. If you’re into finding patterns and making predictions, here are some enticing topics:
- A study of a major city’s livability index. Choose a city and assess whether it’s well-designed or not.
- A quantitative study of biofilms in technology. Discuss methods of using biofilms in technology. Include a list of recent advances and new tools.
- A quantitative study of teachers’ perception of online learning . This topic prompts you to use an evaluation scale.
- An assessment of a link between product reviews and intention to purchase. Study the effect online reviews have on potential customers.
- Immigration and its connection to crime statistics. Analyze data on immigration to the US and the number of violent crimes. Determine the relationship between the two phenomena.
- The relationship between obesity and occupation. Assess the BMIs of participants of different professions. Then, test the results for a correlation and discuss its implications.
- A relationship between nurses’ knowledge of diabetes management and patient satisfaction. Assess the nurses’ knowledge about diabetes and compare the results with patient satisfaction scores. Thus, you can determine if expertise translates into better care.
- A study of the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on SMEs financial operations. With this qualitative dissertation proposal in business and management, choose a small company. Analyze its financial data pre and post-pandemic. Include a discussion of financial management during pandemics.
- A study of millennials ’ pet ownership. Determine the percentage of millennials who have pets. Compare these patterns with previous generations.
- Economic growth and urbanization. Compare the empirical data about the state of economics and the number of people living in cities.
- Determine how urbanization affects bacterial community compositions.
- The economic impact of immigration on SMEs.
- Study crime rates in the US in relation to nonviolent crimes.
- How do various teaching styles affect learning?
- Compare overconfidence in CEOs of SMEs and corporations.
- How does inclusive language influence social behavior?
- Assess consumers’ satisfaction with online banking in your area.
- Evaluate crude oil price prediction methods.
- Is there a link between smartphone use and mental illness?
- Correlation between eyewitness testimonies and memory
- What are the attitudes towards AI development among women?
- Determine the rates of cybercrimes since the 1990s.
- A study of the police brutality cases across the US in the last decade.
- Correlation between education level and employment.
- The presence of sleep disorders in mental illnesses.
- Assess the attitudes towards medical care in the US.
- Determine the correlation between eating disorders and physical illness.
- Study the rates of cyberbullying among minority students.
- How various religious groups influence politics: a game-theoretical approach.
- Does regular exercise decrease symptoms of depression in adults?
Dissertation Topics in Educational Leadership
Educational leadership is a science focused on helping students to achieve their academic goals. It includes the motivation of staff and learners, improvement of educational programs, and creation of a healthy, productive environment in institutions. Want to dedicate your research to it? Take a look at these topic samples:
- Fatigue among American medical students. Medical students often need to memorize and analyze big portions of information. That is why many of them don’t sleep enough, get tired quickly, and find it hard to concentrate. What can be done about it?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic and distance learning affect students’ motivation? Online education has multiple benefits and drawbacks. Some students might find it easier to get access to various textbooks online. Others want to return to campus. What is their motivation?
- Creating better learning conditions on campus : the challenges in 2023. With the increasing speed of technological progress, it is hard to catch up with the latest innovations. Explore them in your dissertation. For instance, you can focus on facilities for students with special needs.
- How can we enhance discipline among first-year students on campus? For some younger students, it is hard to get used to living on their own. They need to accept new responsibilities, find time to take care of themselves, and organize their lives. How can we help them?
- Development of soft skills among undergraduate students. For future employers, soft skills are as important as hard skills. That is why colleges need to pay attention to soft skills such as time management, communication, and creativity.
- The efficiency of workshops for enhancing students’ creativity.
- Do nutrition habits influence the studying process?
- The importance of mental health care in high school.
- What leadership styles are the most efficient in college communities?
- Does the implementation of early childhood education lead to further academic success?
- What is the role of school counseling among teenagers?
- What psychological factors make students drop out of college?
- Developing leadership qualities among MBA students.
- How to help college athletes to cope with psychological and physical pressure.
- Ways of reducing anxiety levels among criminology students.
- Helping students to choose their majors and find a career path.
- How to enhance communication between higher education administration and students?
- Motivating students to succeed after graduation .
- Why do we need psychology classes in high school?
- How can we prevent the bullying of Latin American students in middle and high school?
✅ How to Choose a Thesis Topic: Main Steps
In case you have no idea where to start from, here is a quick guideline on how to choose a Ph.D. thesis topic:
We hope this article helped you to choose a suitable topic for your dissertation. We wish you good luck with your research!
Learn more on this topic:
- Dissertation Critique: Examples, How-to Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing an Outstanding Dissertation
- How to Write an Abstract: Brief Steps and Structure Example
✏️ Dissertation FAQ
While working on a dissertation, you might deal with several types of research. The main research types are primary, qualitative, quantitative, and legal. In any case, it’s the way in which a researcher studies the subject using a particular methodology.
First of all, make sure that you are personally fascinated by the subject. This is essential for any thesis, be it master’s or an undergraduate dissertation. Besides, make sure the topic is feasible and hasn’t been studies much.
A good dissertation title is the one that represents the subject under study. To state which aspect is being studied is also important. The title should include neither a hypothesis nor a conclusion: think about it as “spoilers”—nobody likes them.
Just like any paper, a great dissertation is the one that is well-organized. The topic of the paper should correspond to the title. The text should have a cohesive structure with a definite introduction, argumentative main part, and a logical conclusion.
- Dissertation Topics 1961-Present: Rudgers University
- Completed Thesis and Dissertation Topics: University of Florida
- Current Legal Topics: Library of Congress
- The Right Dissertation Topic: Academics.com
- Days and Nights at the Museum…there’s a Dissertation for that!: Proquest.com
- Dissertation Titles: University of Michigan
- How to Pick a Master’s Thesis Topic: Medium.com
- How to Come Up With a Thesis Topic: Gradschools.com
- How to Choose Your Thesis Topic: Central European University
- How Do I Choose a Thesis Topic?: Grad School Hub
- Senior Thesis Topics: Hamilton College
- Arizona Research Topics: Arizona State Library
- Dissertation Proposal: Bartleby.com
- Dissertation Guide Essay
- How to Start Your Dissertation: 10 Top Tips: Studential.com
- How to Write a Dissertation or Bedtime Reading for People Who do not Have Time to Sleep: Purdue University
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing a Ph.D. Dissertation: ThoughtCo
- Dissertations Guide from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Developing a Thesis Statement: University of Wisconsin Madison
- Thesis/Dissertation Writing and Editing, Formatting, and Defending: Massey University
- Business Management Research Topics: Top Universities
- Law Topics: Law.com
- Psychology Topics: APA
- Marketing Topics: Marketing Profs
- Topics: History.com
- Computer Science: Encyclopedia Britannica
- Humanities: Research Topics Ideas: University of Michigan-Flint
- Art Topics: Art UK
- Topics: American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Nurses Topics: Medscape
- Architecture: Research Topics: University of Washington
- Topics in Geography: Research Gate
- New Topics in Sociology: University of Toronto
- Business Management Topics: The University of Maine
- Qualitative Case Study: Science.gov
- All Topics: Science News
- Criminology: Science Direct
- Topics in Literature: Sheridan College: Libguides
- Advanced Computer Science Topics: The University of Texas at Austin
- Application of Computer Techniques in Medicine: NIH
- Important Leadership and Management Topics: WHO
- Quantitative Research: University of Southern California
- Action Research: Brown University
- 10 Traits of Successful School Leaders: University of San Diego
- HIST 280 Topics: Texas A&M University
- The Relationship Between Burnout, Depression, and Anxiety: Frontiers In
- College of Nursing: University of Missouri–St. Louis
- All Topics: Educause
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Good evening Sir/Ma’am i wish to request for a PhD project topic in the field of clinical research and Life sciences .
Hello! You can use our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
Hello! Please help me to find research topics in Information Systems and Techonologies (data analytics in intelligent agriculture or higher learning institution of education).
Hello, William! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
How choose the best easy Ph.D topic in English subject
Hello! Please help me to find research topics in Economics (Accounting and Controlling, Management, Managerial).
Hello, Dilfuza! You can use our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
Please can I have a dissertation topic on physiology
Hello, Elizabeth! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
I need PhD research topic in Statistics- Robust regression or time series. Thanks
Happy to visit your blog. Now I have some guidelines to work with in fact, I got what I wanted. I love to check your blog to learn more new things from you. Thanks.
Hello, Deborah! Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to seeing you again!
there are no topics for public policy or social change
Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We will use it for future improvement! You can find thousands of topics here .
- Social Sciences
- Agriculture & Farming
Research Topics in English Literature
- Author: Lisa
Ideas for Writing Papers
Research topics on English literature initially start off broad and then narrow down and you come up with your thesis. Using any of the research topics listed to the left (gender, comparisons, historical background, politics, and religion) can take you almost anywhere. Choose your general topic based on the literature class you're writing for. If it's a class focused on gender, start there and then branch out to something like my example of how the roles of men and women are portrayed.
Knowing first your general topic and then what kind of essay or paper you're researching for (argumentative, persuasive, etc.) can help you decide what to do with it next when it comes to narrowing it down. Remember this isn't concrete. Your topic can grow and completely change as you research. Choosing the literature topic is just the key to getting started.
Finding and researching a good topic in English literature takes time and patience.
LisaKoski via Instagram
Topics for English Literature Research Essays
When it comes to English literature, there's no end to the topics that you can research for that novel or other piece that you've been reading. The easiest way to get an idea for that next research topic on English literature for your essay is to start broad and then work toward making it more specific and interesting for your readers. Here are a few examples of research topics in literature to get you started (for a more extensive list of research topics in literature, please check out the link that can be found at the bottom of this article):
1. Gender roles
How are the roles of men and women portrayed in the novel? Are they distinctly different? Do they have equal rights? What gender expectations do they follow or fight against?
2. Comparisons between genres
How does each genre tell its story? What are the differences and similarities between the two? Is one more effective than the other?
3. Historical background
Who is the author and what is their story? Were there controversies associated with them or their work? What is the significance of this novel in the time it was written? How does it reflect the society and beliefs of its time?
What issues in politics does this novel address? Discrimination? Rights? Equality?
How is this novel religious? What beliefs is it promoting or questioning?
6. Comparisons between two characters
This can be between characters in the same novel or two different ones. How are their differences and similarities important to the novel?
7. Comparisons between two novels
If the novels seem completely different but represent the same genre or come from the same time period, this may be something you want to explore.
8. Allusions within the novel
What are some significant allusions within the novel? These could be religious, refer to other novels or authors, etc. How is this important to understanding the novel and its place in English literature?
What are some of the most notable criticisms out there? What is your response and how does it compare to other critics out there?
What are important symbols in the novel? How are they significant?
English Literature Research Projects
The following can also be used for any other type of research project for English Literature where you need to find your own topic.
Researching for an English Literature essay can be tough but finding a topic you are really interested in helps make it easier.
Morten Oddvik via Flickr (CC License)
How to Find an English Topic to Research for Any Project
So, you’ve finally made it to your last year at your university and you’ve got one last thing to do before you leave: the dreaded Capstone Project. Have no fear; although it is time-consuming and stressful work, it is possible to turn all that work into something fun, as long as you choose the right topic in English literature to write about. The key to going out with a bang with a fantastic Capstone is to choose something you actually care about.
Of all the aspects of this project, choosing the right research topic is absolutely key. Choose the wrong one, and you may not meet the requirements or, worse, you may dislike it enough to have to change it halfway through the class. For the first time in four years, teachers are giving you the reins and having you decide what you want to write about. No more prompts telling you what to do, except for the guidelines for your project, and no more focusing on one aspect of a novel that the prof tells you to.
So don’t freak out, think of it as the best part of your university experience yet. Now’s the time to show your stuff and let everyone see how much of a successful English literature nerd you’ve turned out to be. If you can do it yourself, you’ve proved yourself worthy of that snazzy degree they’re about to hand you in a couple months. Of course if you’ve made it to this point, there’s no way you’re not worthy.
Example of a Researched Essay in English Literature
My Capstone class was titled “The Age of Novels” and focused on the rise of the novel during the eighteenth century. Basically, we looked at how the novel developed into what we see as a novel today, considering how writers presented and executed their works of fiction, who influenced them, and how they influenced others. We also looked at literary techniques such as psychological realism and the differing roles of men and women in the formation of this most popular form of writing.
My class was focused on topics such as psychological realism and gender roles so this is something that I kept in the back of my mind as I read through the novel I chose to research.
How to Get Started on an English Literature Paper
I’m going to use my own experience in the Capstone Project as an example of how to choose a research topic in English literature.
I know your Capstone won’t be on the same topic, but it’s still important to know the basic focus of the class in order to get to your literature research topic. Look at the prompt for your English class and see what sticks out to you.
After reading through the required reading in my class, I decided to veer away from novels of formal realism and go into the Gothic realm with M.G. Lewis’s The Monk , which was completely unexplored in the class. Not only do I love Gothic literature, but this was a great way for me to draw comparisons with the books of the same period without doing the same old thing we were doing in the classroom. I was killing two birds with one stone, as they say; getting to read a novel in the genre I’m most interested in while still exploring the same prompts the class was focused on.
Sometimes, if you're stuck on an English literature research topic, starting at a completely new angle can help you find something really interesting to work on. After you get to know the ins and outs of what your class is about, it's easy to go off in another direction and work your way back into what you've been learning about. This journey can bring you into a whole new realm of possibilities to research.
Brainstorming ideas while researching topics in English Literature
How to Brainstorm Writing Ideas for Essays
Now, as you read the book of your choice (or your professor's), focus on one or more aspects of your English Literature class prompt so that your research topic relates to the actual class you’re taking. I decided to focus on chastity within the novel and how the gothic novel portrays male and female chastity versus the novels of formal realism. This English literature research topic took a lot of work to get to. Don't be afraid of setbacks or having to start over.
The best way initially is to write down a broad topic to research and then list any information relevant to that topic. It doesn’t matter how insignificant the piece of information may seem, list it. Then go through and see what interesting conclusions you can make from the information. Looking at gender, how are males portrayed versus females? Looking at genre, how is the gothic novel different from a formal realism novel?
Putting things out on paper is the best way to get it all out in the open and free your mind that’s jumbled with information. Once it's on paper, you can actually look at it all and piece it all into one neat picture (through words of course) that anyone can understand. Without doing this, it’s like trying to put together a puzzle with all of the pieces turned down, so you aren’t sure which ones actually go together.
Ideas on Getting a Research Topic
If the brainstorming step doesn't work for you, just write down any questions you have about the novel. If you noticed that there were a lot of religious references and ideas in the novel, maybe you'd be curious to know the author's biography and see how that plays a significant role in the piece. For my own example, I could have asked myself "What is gothic" or "How did eighteenth-century England define chastity?" After this brief research, go back through your notes and see if you can come up with an interesting topic you can do further research on for that English literature essay.
Tips for Researching Topics on English Literature
Looking at what you’ve put together in your brainstorm, it’s easy to see where you need to do research on the novel. No one wants a paper full of generalizations so take each topic you can't automatically define and start researching it. Do you know how to define gothic or formal realism? Research it. What were the gender expectations for this time? Research it. You want to go as in depth into your topic as possible, which involves even more research than reading two or three novels.
It also doesn’t help to learn some background on the author. Were they a rebel or a strict conservative? Was this novel popular? How did it affect the readers of its time? For example, Lewis was actually brought to court for The Monk because it was seen as a bad influence on his female readers. This is something not only interesting but relevant to the topic of female chastity in my chosen English literature research topic for my essay.
Doing some background research on the novel like this can bring ideas together into a thesis for your paper and lead you in a solid direction for your actual research for your paper. If you haven’t finally figured something out by this point, you may have to consult your professor.
Outline of an Example for an English Research Essay
Thesis: Lewis’s novel completely undoes the plots, tropes, and principles of Richardson and Fielding’s formal realism, not only through its use of superstition and other Gothic elements, but also in the development and resolution of each of these character’s stories. Instead of providing a positive example, The Monk gives a horrifying one to instill fear in its readership to preserve the same virtue.
1. What is a gothic novel?
2. Pamela Andrews
3. Joseph Andrews
4. What is formal realism?
5. What is a gothic novel?
6. Gothic novel versus formal realism
8. Joseph Andrews
10. Pamela Andrews
How Do You Know It's a Good Research Topic on English Literature?
Test it with an outline.
If you aren’t sure you’ve got the right topic to come up with a 20-some-odd-page essay, outline what you’ve got so far. I like to do a very basic outline, starting with my thesis (in its rough draft form of course) at the very top. Next, I write what each paragraph will be about. If it’s a 20-page paper, you may write about two to three paragraphs a page so you will need to have at least 10 paragraphs.
Knowing what each paragraph is supposed to be about makes writing their topic sentences a little easier. Sometimes you may find that a research topic is broad enough to be able to split into two paragraphs, this is handy if you couldn’t initially list at least ten topics. For example, just saying Pamela Andrews for one of my paragraph topics doesn't cover what I want to say. I may just give a brief overview of her character or provide why her character is significant to formal realism.
Example of a research topic turning into a topic sentence:
“It is important, when studying this novel, to examine what defines a Gothic novel in relation to eighteenth-century definitions of novel-writing.”
This leads to questions of “why is this important?” and, of course, “what is Gothic?” which brings you into the paragraph and gives you the first two major points you need to cover.
Just remember that the key to choosing a research topic for English literature is to start broad. Read the novel and remember to focus on your own class's focus or on whatever interests you most. From there, you can branch out to almost any research topic, it just takes some work to get there.
© 2012 Lisa
Salma khatun on August 20, 2020:
Patricia Morris on June 06, 2020:
Please suggest English teaching in p.n.g schools
Abdul Rauf on April 20, 2020:
Please suggest me a topic for my m.phil thesis ( English literature)
Abdullah Shah on March 22, 2020:
A very useful content for young researchers.
Priya on March 07, 2020:
Can I choose Bhagvat Geeta for research topic in English literature .plz give me suggestion.
Rose on March 03, 2020:
Please suggest for me a suitable research topic in english language in Nigeria
Eyotaru Juliet edekitia on February 14, 2020:
Please select for me research topics in English teaching in primary schools
[email protected] on February 14, 2020:
Please select for topic English teaching in primary schools
Monika gupta on February 10, 2020:
Plz suggest me a hood topic in english literature for phd synopsis
Prahlad on February 04, 2020:
Please suggest me for phd research topic in English literature so very thankful
Please suggest me some
Mohsin Hamid on January 23, 2020:
Hi i need a topic for Research paper in english literature.kindly suggest me.
I want to Research in Pakistani Novel by mohsin hamid
Numra on January 09, 2020:
Please suggest me some appropriate topics in English literature for my Masters research.
younas on January 07, 2020:
An excellent place for learning
Maha on December 15, 2019:
I need a suitable topic for the novel THE DARK ROOM as by xomparing the theme written by Rk narayan
Asma sabir on December 06, 2019:
Can you plzz suggest me a topic for research proposal??
Poomathi Esakki on November 27, 2019:
Can u suggest a topic for my project
saira on October 27, 2019:
kindly suggest me a topic for my MPhil English lit thesis. i am interested in postcolonialism theory
Debbie on October 22, 2019:
Good day everyone
Pls I need a project topic on thriller literature
fiza shah on October 14, 2019:
sir i want ur concern about selecting my thesis topic kindly guaid me about selecting my research topic
Sethumeena on September 24, 2019:
I need any topic from American or British literature for my M.A project .plz help me .novel want to be easy.
pramithadollymathias on September 20, 2019:
plz can u suggest me a book to do my project for ug
Tasawar on September 13, 2019:
Can u suggest a topic for research
Assane Faye on July 30, 2019:
Hey there! I find it very good and interesting.
Then can anybody suggest me a topic for my master degree?
I'm the dire need of that.
Sopuru Sopuru on July 18, 2019:
Please I need a suitable project topic to disapprove Okonkwo as a hero in Things Fall Apart as portrayed by Achebe
I wish to disagree with Achebe in Things Fall Apart that Okonkwo is a Hero. Could you please give me a suitable project topic for it?
bhava on June 04, 2019:
can u suggest a topic for my thesis
Jai Shree Bharati on May 30, 2019:
I have done bachelor's in English and then MBA... Can I do PhD in English?
Anagha on May 22, 2019:
Can you please suggest a topic for me
Jahanzaib on May 19, 2019:
Plz give tell me the initial stage of topic and research topic
Anushree on May 12, 2019:
Can you please suggest a topic for my project
CY RA on May 09, 2019:
mgijimi on April 24, 2019:
I'm doing my thesis for my masters. I need help to rephrase my research topic below :
Mobile Banking application is the most preferred mode of banking compared to Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) banking in Gauteng
Hamda on April 05, 2019:
I need a topic of didactic please
sadaf on April 02, 2019:
Owino bruno otieno on March 05, 2019:
may you suggest for me a topic in literature ..so that I may carry out a research on it.
Summikhan on March 03, 2019:
Please suggest me some appropriate topics in English literature for my Masters research
Maha on February 25, 2019:
I want material about the unyielding clamor of the night
malini on February 23, 2019:
please suggest me a topic for english literature magazine for my college presentation
Vanitha on February 01, 2019:
I need best suggestion to select a topic
in English literature please save me...
Aysha parveen on January 31, 2019:
Please suggest me a topic for english litrature ,for M. Phil
Thasli rahman on January 22, 2019:
Please suggest a topic for project in English literature...
Anarkali Nishad on January 15, 2019:
I am lost over what to research on for my PhD research. My area of interests are 'concept of terror and horror', 'study of feminine space in novels', 'pschoanalysis'. From here i dont know how to proceed. It would be of great help if you could suggest any work or topic that i could look into.
Rana Bilal on January 11, 2019:
Suggest for me a topic in literature
dhivya on December 22, 2018:
plz send a best topic which is so sensational in english literature for my MA project
Ali Musa on December 09, 2018:
I need your help in chosing topic
Thanks a lot
Suji on December 09, 2018:
Please suggested to me some topics in english literature and criticism for my phd research.
Sruthi on December 07, 2018:
Can u please help me to write a project? My novel is The Edible Woman,and the theory is ecofeminism
Mani on December 06, 2018:
I read the novel "the great divorce" I am enthusiastic to in fantasy. How can I form the topic help me please
Ken on November 27, 2018:
Sulae on November 20, 2018:
rahul on October 31, 2018:
Mary on October 27, 2018:
thanks a lot
Nermin on October 26, 2018:
Hello, Can you help me to find a topic in english teaching, I need it for my research papper that I have to do
Tina Janiweh Shar on October 11, 2018:
can you please help me find a topic for my thesis in English literature?
Mary on October 01, 2018:
Plz suggest me a topic for my thesis(MA english literature)
sajid adil khan on September 07, 2018:
Respected sir please suggest me a topic for my research in English lit
hina shah on August 30, 2018:
please suggest me a research topic for b.s english literature
Sajan Ali on August 24, 2018:
Hello sir plz suggest me a suitable topic about literary movements
shameem on August 20, 2018:
please suggest me a relevant and new topic in indian writing for phd in english
Maria on August 20, 2018:
Please suggest a research topic for me also a research proposal
SAM on August 18, 2018:
Which topic is better for research of MA English please suggest any topic
Karam on August 08, 2018:
George Orwell's animal equality and freedom
Rameesa on July 22, 2018:
please suggest me a research topic.i have very short time to submit my synopsis send me urgent.
Naseer on July 21, 2018:
Please i need 5 topics for monograph can anyone tell me soon 5 topics?
Aliha TahirAliha on July 07, 2018:
Respected Sir! I needdon't your help regarding selection of thesis topic which should be unique and based on contemporary work.
Thanking in anticipation
Karthi on July 01, 2018:
I want some topics in Indian writing in English
Victoria on June 14, 2018:
Please I need a topic to write on (to be published in a journal). Can you help with that? Thank you
soma on May 12, 2018:
please suggest me which recent novels i can research in the field of gender studies
Shahab on April 17, 2018:
need research topic in the novel for MA English
R.lavanya on March 05, 2018:
Iam doing my m.phil in english i need to select the topic for my thesis so kindly help me to find a topic
Asghar on March 04, 2018:
hello every body,
Can anybody suggest me a topic for my PhD dissertation in English literature.My aim is to connect literature to education.A topic which can cover the literature and education area.
I appreciate your help.
Krishna on February 23, 2018:
Dear mam ..I want to work on postcolonial studies in PhD English literature..please suggest me any good topic on the above...
SHYAMALA B on February 22, 2018:
I need research about comparison between two characters
nishra shaikh on February 16, 2018:
Plz suggest me any better English Literature topics for my thesis
sokayna on February 15, 2018:
Thank you so much
well I already choose my topic but my prof said that it's too broad and large to write a research project, so I changed it but I did not find yet a topic , I choose I novel (hard times by Charles dickens , but I do not know what is the suitable topic .. can you help please
Priyanka parimita on February 09, 2018:
Plz suggest some english literature topic for my seminar paper or project
NC Babu on February 08, 2018:
irsa kanwal on February 07, 2018:
Kindly you suggest me any topic for thesis i m so worried and also confused
nishra shaikh on January 27, 2018:
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me any good english literature topics for my thesis and also for my two friends ,i have to submit my thesis in the first week of july
maria on January 26, 2018:
plz suggest me any research topic related to literature
zia on January 25, 2018:
Looking for a topic like seven deadly sins
Junroy on November 11, 2017:
What would be nice topic for my literary research in literature?
vanessa on October 31, 2017:
suggest any topic about feminism for my thesis plz
Saima on October 01, 2017:
I need a good and easy topic for my synopsis in English literature please help me any one
Ali on September 30, 2017:
I need a topic for english teaching monograph. If could help me please find me a best topic which has more sources of information.
shah zaib yousafzai on August 24, 2017:
Helpful information to write a research paper.
zoya khan on August 19, 2017:
I want to slect symbolism in tale of two cities by Charles Dickens.
But couldn't find out the exact statement. .
Can you help me plz
humaira on August 01, 2017:
very informative it help me a lot of selecting an topic for my master proposal article thanks you so much
Dhruvi on July 04, 2017:
Plz suggest any topic about English literature for my project
fhet on June 24, 2017:
any good topic about the difficulties of students in English subject?
arizkhan on May 26, 2017:
sir i do want to get help regarding my topic for reseach,would you plz help me
Jannat butt on May 25, 2017:
I need a good and easy topic for my synopsis in English literature plzzzx help me any one
Nihad on April 09, 2017:
i need a research about (the old man and the sea)theme of hope , please any one help me.
khalidmehmood on March 31, 2017:
please help to suggest the topic about english literature,, i want to write a thesis .
zahra ben on March 18, 2017:
very helpful informations thank you so much
Carolinrini on January 17, 2017:
I have taken the changeling and the duchess of malfi comparison as my research topic can u pls help me
nahan on September 25, 2016:
Really useful and genuine
Vijaya on June 05, 2016:
I need a current topic for research in English Language rather than Literature.
H on May 29, 2016:
I need a good topic on Literature. Please help me anyone..
13Literature 11Arts and Humanities 11Study 10Fiction 8History 8Novels 7Arts and Humanities,Literature,Li... 6India 6Indian 6Literary .next > Year Completed 302010 - 2019 22000 - 2009 Language 87English Theme by DSpace SoftwareCopyright © 2002-2013 Duraspace - Feedback
Gandhi's Biographers: A Study, etc. can be the topics. Gitanjali As A Text: A Study In Appreciations And Appraisals, Poetry As Sadhna: A Study In Aurobindo, The Pondicherry School And The...
This paper, divided into three parts, is a modest attempt to review doctoral research in English studies in post-independence India. The first part is an overview of the research topics suggested ...
You can search the following topics: 1. Identity crisis and nationalism in Amitav Ghosh’s novels. 2. Feminism in Tara, a play by Mahesh Dattani.
Children’s Literature Dissertation Topics Topic 1: The influence of the intersection of race and bullying in children’s books. Topic 2: Diversity of culture in children’s literature. Topic 3: The use of literature to shape a child's mind. Topic 4: Evolution of children's literature.
Since you're interested in Indian literature, you could search out PhDs that are specific to India, which may fall under a Humanities umbrella. Some such PhDs could be: Cultural, Literary and...
Dissertation Topics in Educational Leadership. Educational leadership is a science focused on helping students to achieve their academic goals. It includes the motivation of staff and learners, improvement of educational programs, and creation of a healthy, productive environment in institutions.
1. Gender roles How are the roles of men and women portrayed in the novel? Are they distinctly different? Do they have... 2. Comparisons between genres How does each genre tell its story? What are the differences and similarities between the... 3. Historical background Who is the author and what is ...