Find Your Program
Or browse by
Browse our programs
Share this page
Ten interesting criminal justice research topics.
As long as there have been legal systems, criminal justice has played a role in societies around the world. Like many aspects of the legal system, criminal justice is constantly evolving, and researchers earning doctoral degrees in criminal justice are at the cutting edge.
What Is a PhD in Criminal Justice?
A PhD in Criminal Justice can prepare graduates for a number of positions, including police chief, private investigator, corrections facility director, director of homeland security, emergency management director, professor, and research consultant.
At Walden, students pursuing a PhD in Criminal Justice can choose the general program or one of several specializations, including:
- Emergency Management
- Public Management and Leadership
- Global Leadership
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Law and Public Policy
- Justice Administration
The courses you take and area you research depend largely on the specialization you choose. However, all online PhD students in criminal justice at Walden complete research and present dissertations.
Don’t let the idea of writing a dissertation turn you away from earning a PhD in Criminal Justice . Criminal justice is a constantly evolving field with interesting areas to study. Furthermore, the research you conduct can advise decision-makers and prompt changes in the legal system.
Below are just some of interesting topics in criminology and criminal justice that might inspire you as you decide on your own dissertation subject.
- The relationship between police and people of different backgrounds. Do body cameras reduce police violence? Is police violence against people of color accurately represented in media coverage? How do perceptions of police impact public safety?
- The reliability of eyewitness testimony. Do eyewitnesses provide accurate testimony? Should their statements be allowed in court?
- Methods for preventing international drug trafficking. What methods do drug traffickers use to smuggle illegal substances into a country? How do law enforcement officials react and what should they do differently?
- Crime during emergencies . Does crime spike during certain types of public emergencies, such as weather events? If so, how can emergency management professionals prevent it?
- Gender disparity in the criminal justice system. Why are men more likely to get the death penalty? In what ways are women treated unfairly?
- The impact of solitary confinement. How does solitary confinement impact people in prisons? Are they more likely to reoffend? Does the threat of solitary confinement work as a deterrent?
- The efficacy of drug courts. In what ways do drug courts help or hurt people with addictions? How should drug courts change during the opioid crisis?
- Ethical and legal issues in international intervention. When should the United States intervene in crises in other countries?
- How mandatory minimum sentences hurt or help. Do mandatory minimum sentences deter crime or encourage recidivism? What kinds of biases exist in these laws? What could be done differently?
- The impact of prison on children of incarcerated individuals. Who cares for children of incarcerated people? How does foster and kinship care affect these children?
The need for leaders in the criminal justice field is best met with highly knowledgeable and skilled professionals who are passionate about making our world a better place. If you’re ready to earn your PhD in Criminal Justice , Walden is ready to help. Walden’s flexible online format allows you to complete your coursework when it is most convenient for you. Walden’s PhD in Criminal Justice program also offers two tracks, depending on your academic background, as well as a Fast Track Option for those who have additional time to dedicate to earning their degree and can take on a larger course load.
Explore Walden University's online PhD in Criminal Justice degree program and position yourself for success. Earn your online degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your life and schedule.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org .
Whether looking for information on programs, admissions, or financial aid, we're here to help.
Fill out the form and we will contact you to provide information about furthering your education.
Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.
- Current 01 Contact Information
- 02 Academic Interests
- How to Choose a Dissertation Topic For Your...
- Why National Crime Statistics Are Important
- 5 Important Issues Criminal Justice...
125+ Amazing Criminal Justice Research Topics In 2023
Are you a law student or enrolled in law college? Are you looking for criminal justice research topics? Here, in this blog, you can find your criminal justice research topics. Statanalytca.com explains the 125 amazing criminal research paper topic ideas for 2023 in this blog.
When we listen to the word criminal justice, many words come into our mind like “victim,” “enforcement,” “crimes,” “courts,” “prison,” and law sanctions. Criminal justice is a term that governments make to justice for people, reduce and make decisions to prevent crimes. Governments make law sanctions to reduce crimes. Every country has a different criminal justice system.
The criminal justice system in the United States is a complex system of federal, state, and local laws, with state and federal constitutions, international treaties, and customary law. Each layer of government shares responsibility for a different aspect of the process. Federal law enforcement agencies enforce laws that may be broken by people who are not in their jurisdiction.
For example : When an individual from New York City travels to Florida to commit a crime such as a robbery or murder they will be arrested by the Florida police and handed over to federal authorities.
A criminal justice research paper necessarily requires accuracy, attention, and patience. Sometimes students are confused about writing criminal research paper topics, or they have a shortage of time to complete research papers.
Most college students ask for assignments to write criminal justice research papers. If you want criminal justice research paper help, you can take our trusted research paper assignment help .
How To Choose A Good Research Topics
Table of Contents
Choosing a research topic is a very challenging task. You should pick a topic that is both interesting and relevant to your audience. You should analyze the crime report before choosing the criminal justice research topics. Research the types of crimes in your country and where your country ranks in the global crime index.
Some research topics include the following:
- The role of law enforcement, prosecutors, and public defenders.
- Challenges with eyewitness identifications.
- Different types of evidence are used in criminal cases.
- The effect of jury selection on trials.
- How criminal justice impacts mental health.
What Is a Research Paper in Criminal Justice?
A research paper in criminal justice is an academic paper presenting findings from research on a specific criminal justice topic. These papers typically require extensive research and analysis of primary and secondary sources, such as case studies, official reports, statistics, and academic literature. The research paper aims to contribute new knowledge to the criminal justice field, identify trends or patterns, or assess the effectiveness of interventions or policies.
Research papers in criminal justice typically follow a standard academic format, including an introduction that sets the context and research questions, a literature review that summarizes existing research, a methodology section that outlines the research design and data collection methods, a results section that presents findings, and a conclusion that summarizes the research’s significance and implications.
Criminal justice research papers may focus on various topics, including the legal system’s operations, law enforcement practices, corrections, crime prevention, and victimization. These papers may be used to inform policymakers, practitioners, and academics about the state of the criminal justice system and suggest evidence-based solutions to improve its effectiveness and fairness.
Let’s Discuss The Criminal Justice Research Topics-
Here in this section, we will tell you some of the best criminal justice research topics for 2023:-
Basic Criminology and Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Basic criminal Research Topics.
- History of Criminal Ethics.
- Criminology as Social Science.
- Criminology and Public Policy.
- Advantages of Private Prisons.
- Civil Crimes vs War Crimes.
- Offenses Against Religion & Cultural Traits.
- Causes of victimization.
Court Cases Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Can victims of crime receive help?
- How serious are shoplifting incidents?
- When do felony disenfranchisement laws apply?
- Is organized crime and corruption synonymous?
- What is legal help available to victims of date rape?
- What is the difference between civil and criminal cases?
- Forensic science: how effective is it in modern criminal justice?
- Is there a link between substance abuse, crime, and substance use?
- Who is eligible for the protection program, and what protection is provided?
- Prison rape and violence: What can be done to prevent sexual and domestic violence in prison?
Controversial Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Gun control causes.
- Struggle with mental health issues.
- Police officers’ legal rights are limited.
- College Violence Causes.
- Gun violence and prevention policies.
- Crimes Propaganda and Modern Music Culture.
- Race and politics of criminal justice.
- An investigation into victim services.
- Eyewitness Evidence Importance.
- Legal codes used in America.
- Zero tolerance policy and crime rates.
- Sexual assault.
- culture, and gender equality.
- What is the best way to reduce recidivism?
- pros and cons of prisons in America.
- Criminalization of poverty.
- Gender and Punishment.
- The effects of drugs on children’s development.
- Effects of drug addiction on mental health.
- Youth offenders and Bootcamps.
Debate Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Failures in criminal justice.
- Criminal justice system expectations.
- Statistical analysis in criminal justice.
- Debate on criminal justice act.
- criminal justice trend evaluation.
- Trends in the criminal justice system.
- Criminal justice system corrections in the USA.
- Find the solution to prevent crimes.
Criminology Research Topics On Theories
- Is employment related to law violations?
- What is the relationship between family status and legal violations?
- Is gender related to the type of law violation?
- What is the relationship between citizenship and law enforcement?
- How does education relate to crime levels?
- How does gun ownership relate to breaking the law?
- Is there a link between immigration status and law violations?
- What types of crimes are common at what ages?
- How does the type of crime relate to the level of aggression?
Top 10 Hot Criminology Research Topics
- Crime is explained culturally.
- The media’s role in criminology.
- The advantages of convict criminology.
- The major issues in postmodern criminology.
- Is politics influencing criminal behavior?
- How does DAWN collect information?
- The shortcomings of crime mapping.
- Crime rates and community deterioration.
- Certain personality traits trigger criminal behavior.
- Does experimental criminology have an impact on social policy?
Criminal Justice Research Topics Based On Crime and Communities
- The impact of community policing on crime prevention in urban areas.
- The effectiveness of restorative justice programs in reducing recidivism rates.
- The relationship between poverty and crime in urban communities.
- The role of race and ethnicity in criminal justice outcomes and disparities.
- The effectiveness of community-based interventions in reducing juvenile delinquency.
- The impact of gun laws on violent crime in urban communities.
- Social media’s role in spreading crime and its effects on communities.
- The effectiveness of drug courts in reducing drug-related crimes and improving public safety.
- The relationship between mental illness and criminal behavior in urban communities.
- The impact of immigration policies on crime and public safety in urban areas.
- The effectiveness of re-entry programs for ex-offenders in reducing recidivism and promoting successful reintegration into society.
- The impact of community-based victim services on the criminal justice system and crime prevention.
- The relationship between neighborhood social disorganization and crime rates.
- The role of technology in improving crime prevention and solving crimes in urban communities.
- The effectiveness of community-based diversion programs for non-violent offenders.
- The impact of neighborhood watch programs on crime prevention and community safety.
- The role of community involvement in addressing hate crimes and bias incidents.
- The impact of domestic violence on communities and the criminal justice response.
- The effectiveness of drug treatment programs in reducing drug-related crime and improving public health.
- The criminal justice system’s impact on marginalized communities and efforts to promote equity and justice.
Criminal Justice Research Topics On Racism and Discrimination
- Eliminating discrimination in the criminal justice system.
- Gender Bias in Eyewitnesses.
- African American Legislative Apartheid.
- Racial Discrimination in College Campuses.
- How criminal justice law is enacted on Migrants.
- Inequality in the criminal justice system Research.
General Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Police brutality and excessive force
- Criminal profiling and investigation techniques
- Restorative justice programs
- Cybercrime and cyberterrorism
- Gun control policies and their effectiveness
- The impact of race and ethnicity on sentencing
- Juvenile delinquency prevention and intervention
- Wrongful convictions and the death penalty
- Gender and crime
- Drug policy and its impact on crime.
- Community policing and trust-building strategies
- The effectiveness of rehabilitation and reentry programs for offenders
- Domestic violence and its impact on victims
- Crime prevention through environmental design
- Forensic science and the reliability of evidence in criminal investigations
- Corruption in law enforcement and the criminal justice system
- Mental health treatment for inmates and offenders
- Human trafficking and modern-day slavery
- The use of technology in criminal investigations and surveillance
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the criminal justice system.
Types of Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Homicide, serial murders, and serial murder are the most popular topics in murder studies.
- A case study of robbery crime, unusual daylight robbery in a news article.
- Identity Theft and Ways to Protect, the prevalence of identity theft in the community, causes, and effects of cell phone theft.
- Analysis and critique of Current fraud cases, Fraud and business ethics, fraud schemes, and investigation.
International Criminal Law Topics
- Criminal ethics, criminal law research assignment paper.
- Criminal courtroom observation reaction.
- Childhood obesity.
- Crime Prevention.
- International crimes and their laws.
- International criminal court.
- Human Rights and Inequality.
- Rape Cases.
Criminology Research Topics
- Armed Crime Groups History Motives.
- Cyber Criminology Correction Methods.
- Art Fraud Cooperation.
- Drunk Driving Prevention Ads.
- Identity Theft & Social Media.
- Topic on Child Abuse & TV Violence.
- Aggression Against Homeless People.
- Unemployment & Street Situation Analysis.
- Forensic Research Identification Methods.
- Crime Witnesses PTSD Rehabilitation.
Career With The Criminology Major
There are a variety of jobs you can get with a criminology degree. We sort listed the top 8 trending jobs that you can get with a criminology degree:
- Private investigator
- Forensic scientist .
- Correction officer.
- Jury consultant.
- Loss prevention specialist
- Clinical social worker.
Tips On How To Write Criminal Justice Research Topics
A step-by-step guide on how to write criminal justice research topics:
- Choose a particular topic.
- Read the given materials and take some notes.
- Come up with a thesis.
- Create an outline for your project.
- Write down all the information that you have collected.
- Start with a cover page, and an intro.
- List the technique you used and the results you got.
- Include a discussion.
- Always write a conclusion.
- Don’t forget to correct your grammar mistakes.
- Revise, proofread, and if it is incorrect then edit.
Get More Criminal Justice Research Topics At Statanalytica.com
Hope you choose criminal justice research topics for this blog. If you have any difficulty choosing criminal justice research topics, you can contact us at any time. Our professional writers are available to suggest criminal justice research topics ideas and research paper help.
Here are some of the benefits of taking criminal justice research topics that you can hire us.
- Professional Guidance.
- Improvement in Grades.
- A Better Understanding of the Subject.
- 24 Hours Availability.
- On-time Delivery.
- Free Corrections.
- Money-Back Guarantee.
- Affordable Deals.
So, you can contact us for any type of assignment/homework and impress your teacher or professor by choosing a good criminal justice research topic.
This is the end of this post about criminal justice research topics. However, diverse criminal justice research topics offer unique insights into various aspects of the criminal justice system. These research areas are crucial for policymakers, practitioners, and academics to comprehensively understand the system’s challenges and develop effective interventions that improve its fairness and effectiveness.
On the other hand, we mentioned more than 125 criminal justice research topics based on different categories. So that it is easier for you to choose the best criminal justice research topics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.what are some criminal justice research topics.
Research Topics in Criminal Justice System: 1. Capital Punishment. 2. Community Corrections. 3. Crime Prevention. 4. Criminal Courts. 5. Criminal Justice Ethics. 6. Criminal Law. 7. Criminal Specialisation. 8. Drug Courts.
Q2. How do I choose a research topic?
Two main ways to find a research topic: through your academic interests or by self-initiation. You can find a topic through your academic focus, talk to your professors and classmates about what they’re working on, and they can point you in the right direction and introduce you to the process of conducting research. The other option is to start with The idea that interests you.
Top Causes of Academic Failure Among Students
Top 10 Real Work From Home Jobs for 2020 to Make More Money
Home > College of Social and Behavioral Sciences > Criminal Justice > Criminal Justice Theses, Projects, and Dissertations
Criminal Justice Theses, Projects, and Dissertations
Theses/projects/dissertations from 2022 2022.
Crisis Intervention Team Training and Use of Force on Persons with Mental Illnesses , Xavier Aguirre
THE EFFECT OF POLICE SUB-CULTURE ON INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE WITHIN LAW ENFORCEMENT FAMILIES , Geovvany Mendez
FORMAL AND INFORMAL LABELING OF ADOLESCENTS: THE CONSEQUENCES OF CUMULATIVE DISADVANTAGE ON DEVIANCE DURING EMERGING ADULTHOOD , Chijioke Onyekonwu
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2020 2020
UNDERSTANDING WHY INDIVIDUALS USE CLUB DRUGS AT RAVES AND ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC EVENTS: A PEER CLUSTER THEORY APPROACH , Brandi N. Burns
PERSONALITY DIFFERENCES IN PREDICTING ASSAULT AND BINGE DRINKING: VARIATION ACROSS EXPLANATORY FACTORS AND GENDER , Allison De Franco
IDENTIFYING MARKERS OF TRANSIT STATES EMBEDDED IN INTERNATIONAL DRUG TRAFFICKING NETWORKS , Citlalik Ibarra Figueroa
AN INTERRUPTED TIME SERIES ANALYSIS EVALUATING THE IMPACT OF HELLER ON VIOLENT GUN CRIME TRENDS IN WASHINGTON D.C. AND DETROIT, MICHIGAN , Naveen Raj Madahar
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2018 2018
FEMALE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER'S EXPERIENCES OF WORKPLACE HARASSMENT , Vanessa Brodeur
CAN WE LEARN FROM HACKERS TO PROTECT VICTIMS? , Nicholas Marshall Chavez
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2017 2017
HOW FAR WILL YOU GO WHEN THERE IS AN EMBARGO?A STOCHASTIC ACTOR-ORIENTED MODEL OF THE EFFECTS OF ARMS EMBARGOS ON ILLICIT WEAPONS TRADE , Jennifer A. Hagala
Social Media and the Voice of the Department , Brittany N. Rios
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2016 2016
CROSSING BORDERS: MEXICAN DRUG TRAFFICKING ORGANIZATIONS INFLUENCE ON INTERSTATE GANG STRUCTURE , Stacey Michelle Goldberg
The Effects of Gender on Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol Sentencing Disaprities in Pennsylvania , Dianna Hurst
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2015 2015
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AGE OF ONSET OF DRUG USE, DRUG DEPENDENCE, MENTAL DISORDERS, AND OFFENSE TYPE AND SEVERITY , Kimberly Diane Gallo
BULLYCIDE: AN EXPLORATION OF THE PREVALENCE OF POTENTIAL INDICATORS COMPARING LGBTIQ AND HETEROSEXUAL ADULTS , Isai Valdez
Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2014 2014
A Typology of Homegrown Terrorists , Cynthia Estella Quintero
Los Angeles County's Criminal Street Gangs: Does Violence Roll Downhill? , Jasmin B. Randle
WOMEN AS VICTIMS OR SURVIVORS , Shelby N. Swanson
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
International cocaine and heroin trafficking: A network approach , Stephen Richard Anderson
Drone effects: Structural change in Al Qa̕ ida communications , Stacy Michelle Bush
A path analysis on the acquisition of mental health treatment and the effect of that treatment on subsequent offending , Gabriel Jude Saucedo
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
Empirical test of the general strain theory on workplace shootings , Joshwan Marcus Cobbs
Identity theft: A problem of complex systems or moral panic? , Matthew Timothy Tracy
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
Controlling gang crime: The Santa Nita gang injunction , Bryan William Devor
An examination of the organizational factors that contribute to police officer perceived organizational support , Dustin Cody Gaines
Immigrant Hispanic women and the victimization they encounter in the United States , Alejandra Aranda Redondo
Hate crimes based on gender identity and sexual orientation , Katie Nicole Williams
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
An examination of observed disparities between felony murder and manslaughter rates across California , Michael Christopher Fuhr
Cartoon violence: A comparison of past and present , Elizabeth Cameron Macias
Job stress among public service employees , Carlena Antonette Orosco
Theses/Dissertations from 2009 2009
Detection of deception in criminal defendents: Treatment or trial? , Loran Noelle Bounds
Disciplinary patterns and complaint system of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department , Scott Eric Hutter
The effectiveness of using homicide and auto theft rates as indicators of violent and property crime in the United States , Joseph Allan Schwartz
Theses/Dissertations from 2008 2008
The nine reasons why inmates offend: Rational choice and determinism , Anthony Robert Carbo
Juvenile movement between activity nodes , Jill Mary Christie
Examining the effects of abuse on girls in gangs , Champagne Monique Ford
Gang membership, drug sales, violence, and guns , Jose Fabian Gonzalez Dominquez
Measuring crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED) in shopping centers , Anchalee Roongsittchichai
The effects of Megan's Law on the reintegration of child sex offenders , Trisha Marie Tenorio
Theses/Dissertations from 2007 2007
The invisible woman: The lesbian - scared straight , Kathleen Louise Dart
Artists and crooks: A correlational examination of creativity and criminal thinking , Luis Daniel Gascón
Crime and the Sorcerer's Stone: Using Harry Potter to teach theories of crime , Julie Elizabeth Humphrey
The effectiveness of anger management counseling on recidivism rates of gang-related adolescents in the Project BRIDGE Program , Candace Kay Johnson
Healthcare fraud and non-fraud healthcare crimes: A comparison , Michael Ponce
Implications of sex offender residency restrictions , Erin Patricia Wolbeck
Theses/Dissertations from 2006 2006
Assessing the impact of the mentally ill offender crime reduction aftercare program in San Bernardino, California , Araseli De La Rosa
Insulating effects of early childhood education , William Anthony Kull
Parolee and police officer perceptions of prison gang etiology, power, and control , William Henry Richert
Theses/Dissertations from 2005 2005
Treatment of mentally ill juvenile offenders in the criminal justice system , Robin Michelle Atlas
The geo-spatial analysis and environmental factors of narcotics hot spots , Stefanie Wrae Balchak
A portable traveler's weblog , Feng-Chun Lung
Trafficking in women: International sex services , Joseph Morgan Wilcox
Theses/Dissertations from 2004 2004
Spirituality: The effects on female inmates and recidivism , Joanne Marie Erbe
The impact of social disorganization and public school characteristics in explaining suspensions and expulsions , Amanda De Vries Liabeuf
The relationship between place management and physical environment in apartment crime , Eric Steven McCord
Domestic violence and the Air Force family: Research into situational dynamics and evaluation of the Air Force Family Advocacy Program , Thomas Peter Sherman
Female property crime offenders: Explanations from economic marginalization perspective , Susan Chih-Wen Su
Theses/Dissertations from 2003 2003
Why do they resist? Exploring dynamics of police-citizen violence during arrest encounters , Kimberly Joy Belvedere
Boot camps: An alternative sanction for better or worse , Angela Dawn Macdonald
Theses/Dissertations from 2002 2002
Chemical dependency treatment: An examination of following continuing care recommendations , Briar Lee Faulkner
The criminal behavior and motivations behind McVeigh's decision to bomb the Murrah Federal Building , Mark Lawson Fetter
Theses/Dissertations from 2001 2001
A description and assessment of a Youth Accountability Board , Tamara Dawn Sorensen
Privatization of Southern California local detention facilities , Anita Whitehead
High technology cargo theft: A new multibillion dollar criminal industry , John Robert Yakstas
Theses/Dissertations from 2000 2000
Commuters and city crime rates , Colin Leslie Adkins
Banning Correctional Facility: Residential substance abuse treatment program process survey , Melinda DeAnn Hulvey
An evaluation of the drugs crime nexus, legalization of drugs, drug enforcement, and drug treatment rehabilitation , James Richard Keesling
Evaluation of the operation New Hope Alternative School and lifestyle improvement program for at-risk juveniles , Matthew Ashley Robby
The promise of restorative justice: An outcomes evaluation of an Orange County Victim Offender Reconciliation Program, with focus on the victim's perspective , Charlaine Annette Cecilia White
Theses/Dissertations from 1999 1999
Is capital punishment a deterrent to crime? , Greg Warren Colyer
Theses/Dissertations from 1998 1998
Cross cultural relations in law enforcement , Mario Martin Cortez
Domestic violence: An evaluation of policy effects on arrests for the Riverside County Sheriff's Department from 1987 to 1997 , James Patrick McElvain
The verdict in retrospect: An anlysis of the sociological and jurisprudential paradigms of jury decision-making , Christopher S. Riley
A comparative study of recidivism rates between graduates of Twin Pines Ranch and juveniles in Riverside County who completed probation , Djuan Maria Smith
Birth and the magistrate: The influence of pregnancy on judicial decisions , Kristi Dawne Waits
Theses/Dissertations from 1997 1997
Child abuse and juvenile delinquency: A review of the literature , Charlotte Center Anthony
Resistance and perceptions of punitiveness as a function of voluntary and involuntary participation in domestic violence treatment programs , Aimee Kristine Cassidy
Drug court: Using diversion to supervise and treat an escalating drug offender population , Laura Davis
Sanctioning DUI offenders: The effect of extralegal factors on sentence severity , Beverly K. Rios
Theses/Dissertations from 1996 1996
Survey on the seriousness of crime: A comparison of three police departments , Terry J. Comnick
Quality of services at community correction facilities , Funmi Stella Tofowomo
Theses/Dissertations from 1995 1995
Attitudes toward hiring and working with homosexuals in Southern California law enforcement agencies , James Frederick Doyle
The Marine Corps subculture , David Herman Marshall
The continuing evolution of policing: community oriented policing in the civilian sector and its applicability in the military environment , Ralph George Schindler
Death sentence experience: The impact on family members of condemned inmates , Catherine Anne Vallejo
Self-perceptions of women who kill , Maria Guadalupe Venegas
Theses/Dissertations from 1994 1994
Trust in courtroom participants: A question of bias in prospective jurors , Robin Leslie Adrian
A study of employee theft in hospitals , Elena Castillo-Pekarcik
The comparison of victim-offender mediation programs between China and America , Yang Fang
Mentoring with youthful offenders: An implementation evaluation , R. Steve Lowe
Comparisons of inmate offense severity ratings and attitudes toward rehabilitation , Henry William Provencher
Theses/Dissertations from 1993 1993
Law enforcement officers killed and assaulted, 1960-1987: A descriptive analysis , Thomas Edward Singer
Theses/Dissertations from 1992 1992
An analysis of plea bargaining , Gabriela Aceves
Empirical analysis and evaluation of the California Department of Youth Authority's post parole substance abuse treatment program: El Centro, California , Don Allen Josi
Theses/Dissertations from 1991 1991
The re-emergence of public support for rehabilitative treatment in prisons , Victoria Lynn Penley
Theses/Dissertations from 1990 1990
Claims making in the case study of missing children: A case study , James Leonard Griggs
The ignored victim: An examination of male rape in a general population , Thomas Williams
Theses/Dissertations from 1989 1989
An evaluation methodology using probation classification instruments in the selection of a nonequivalent control group , Wesley Allen Krause
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Department, Program, or Office
- Criminal Justice Department Homepage
A service of the John M. Pfau Library
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Privacy Copyright Acrobat Reader
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
Criminal Justice Research Topics To Impress Your Teacher
Updated 24 Sep 2022
According to statistics, criminal justice takes honorary second place after general Law assignments in terms of assignment difficulty. Just like Healthcare and Nursing, this type of writing requires definite accuracy and sufficient sources that support ideas and arguments. Since first task is to find reliable criminal justice research topics, it puts students in challenging situation where most topics are either too broad or too narrow.
At EduBirdie, our expert writers came up with extensive list of 120 criminal justice ideas that will help you choose destination for future assignment paper. From list of basic criminal justice topics to international law, our experts can help you with any writing task, offering plagiarism free and timely, custom papers.
What is Criminal Justice Research Paper?
As name implies, criminal justice writing assignments deal with crime and justice. While your field of study may be limited to certain choices and academic barriers, it does not mean that social or ethical aspects are not relevant. Generally criminal justice is science that learns how to prevent, study, analyze occurrence of illegal acts.
From legislation rules to court studies, it aims to maintain peaceful existence of civil population. A very important aspect that should be noted when choosing good criminal justice research topics is that legislation differs from state to state, let alone from country to country, thus, it is essential to backup international case studies and conflicts with reliable sources.
Most college students that deal with law assignments have to write either article reviews or problem solutions papers that analyze existing challenge and offer most efficient resolution.
From good thesis statement for research paper to formatting structure, college professors want to see 50/50 mixture of scientific information that is already known and personal contribution. This is primary reason why each argumentative paragraph should be supported with sufficient amount of sources to avoid plagiarism risks. Even when personal investigation or research is done, one should support implemented analysis methods with academic journals that refer to similar subject.
How to Choose a Good Research Topic Rules
Even if your task is to do literature review or critique law enforcement officer’s actions, one should always focus on definite issue. If ideas are scattered across paper, it does not make thesis statement clear. Criminology topics are both flexible and limited because they should offer hypothesis, based on famous legislative acts or case studies. Author should sound confident, therefore, select something that you are confident in, subject that can be defended with vocal arguments or presentation project. If it sounds credible, audience will definitely continue reading.
When brainstorming good ideas, ask such criminal justice research questions:
- Is criminal justice research topic good enough in terms of relevance?
- Why is it important in personal terms?
- What significance does research topic idea have in global importance?
- Can written assignment be turned to speech?
- Is it comparison essay, review, analysis or argumentative paper?
- What are popular counter opinions?
- Are there any similar research works available?
- Does topic meet all grading rubric points?
- Should additional information be included?
Once good criminal justice research topic is chosen, it is crucial to make sure that formatting rules include all additional data like in court case studies and law memo reviews that should contain notes and appendix additions. For example, Chicago format style has to include full information, therefore, it is necessary to see if it is available. If you struggle with finding of academic sources, message our 24/7 essay writing service - EduBirdie.
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a paper sample on criminology crafted to your needs.
Before proceeding with diverse criminology topic ideas, it is important to understand differences between theoretical part and crime research assignments. While theory may turn to legislation and shouldn’t include practical cases or references in history, case study or court hearings analysis have to focus on particular event(s). Now when university professor mentions justice system flaws and changes, one can turn both to chronology and famous legal cases as it will be seen in ideas listed below. It should be analysis of what should be included in legislative government template and then compare case or an event to aforementioned example.
Disciplines in Law & Crime focus on illegal acts from Internet fraud to kidnapping and scientific plagiarism. As one can see, there are numerous criminal justice research topics, depending on type. What makes choosing confusing for most students are format differences between legal essay types. When choosing Healthcare, it is recommended to address ethical issues, while Cyberstalking should turn to comparison work by comparing classic stalking practices.
Avoid mixing several criminal justice research topic ideas, also try to narrow it down by choosing one strong argument. It will not only adjust to your discipline, but will make written assignment original, as well as structured.
Read also: "Where can I pay someone to write paper for an affordable price?"
120 Criminal Justice Research Topics for an A Grade
This section contains ideas for criminal justice research paper topics on how judicial system works in practice. It can be compared to inner investigation where each mechanism is analyzed and evaluated for cons & pros. From specific crimes of police officer brutality cases to social services work, it should identify problem for an interesting thesis statement. Below are most relevant topics in criminal justice, sorted by study field:
Controversial Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Capital Punishment Ethics
- Mental Hospitals & Law Code
- Sniffer Dog Practice
- Eyewitness Evidence Importance
- Medical Marijuana - A Leak?
- Police Officer Limited Rights
- African Americans Bias in Investigation
- Modern Music Culture & Crimes Propaganda
- Legal Code in Various American States
- College Violence Causes
Essay Examples Relevant to Controversial Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice
- Crime and Punishment
- Marijuana Legalization
- Police Officer
Basic Criminal Justice Research Topics
- Criminal Ethics History
- Private Prisons Benefits
- War Crimes versus Civil Crimes
- Religious Offenses & Cultural Traits
- Domestic Violence
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Criminal Justice Court Procedure
- Crime Prevention in Schools & Colleges
- Workplace Harassment
- Gender Bias in Legal Investigations
Essay Examples Relevant to Basic Criminal Justice
- Criminal Investigation
- Criminal Psychology
Read also: "I need help with my research paper ." - EduBirdie will complete all your writing tasks professionally!
General Criminology Research Topics
- Incarcerated Parents Responsibilities
- Criminal Justice Reform Changes
- How Can Economic Crimes Be Reduced?
- Gun Control Debate
- Juvenile Detention Criminal Process
- Human Trafficking Combat Methods
- Organized Crime versus Single Cases
- Power Abuse Among Police Officers Analysis
- Can Stricter Laws Make Gun Possession Safer?
- Arizona Criminal Justice Laws
Essay Examples Relevant to General Criminology
- Gun Control
- Juvenile Justice System
- Human Trafficking
- Organized Crime
Criminal Justice Research Topics on Racism & Discrimination
- Racial Prejudice Among Prisoners in America
- African American Legislative Apartheid
- Topic on Punishment & Slavery History
- Famous African American Prisoners
- Discrimination in Negotiation Processes
- Gender Bias in Eyewitnesses
- Racial Conflicts in College Campuses
- Immigrants & Crime Rate Rise
- Fashion Culture & Police Officers
- Rap Music & Cause-and-Effect Behavior
Essay Examples Relevant to Racism & Discrimination
- Prison System
- Discrimination and Prejudice
Criminology Research Topics
- Armed Crime Groups History Motives
- Cyber Criminology Correction Methods
- Art Fraud Cooperation
- Drunk Driving Prevention Ads
- Identity Theft & Social Media
- Topic on Child Abuse & TV Violence
- Aggression Against Homeless People
- Unemployment & Street Situation Analysis
- Forensic Research Identification Methods
- Crime Witnesses PTSD Rehabilitation
Essay Examples Relevant to Criminology
- Cyber Security
- Child Abuse
- Forensic Science
Criminal Law Research Topics
- False Confessions Analysis
- Is it Possible to Remain Neutral in Mental Disorder Cases?
- Double Jeopardy Alternate Research Methods
- Cyberstalking Legislation
- Jailhouse Informants Limitations
- Witnesses Programmes
- Sensitive Information Protection
- National Security Laws
- Animal Cruelty Punishment Methods
- 19th Century Legislation Topic
Essay Examples Relevant to Criminal Law
- Cruelty to Animals
International Criminal Law Research Topics
- NATO Ethics in Iraq & Afghanistan
- Human Rights Violations in Uganda
- When is International Intervention Acceptable?
- International Criminal Court Appeal Process
- International Tribunal Analysis
- Transnational Crimes by XYZ Corporation
- Police Cooperation & Information Accessibility
- Drug Traffic Tracking Methods
- Child Soldiers in Israel-Palestine Conflict
- Current International Offenders
Essay Examples Relevant to International Criminal Law
- Human Rights
- Court Processes
- Drug Trafficking
Criminal Justice Research Topics on Society & Justice
- Social Control Theory
- Social Learning Methods
- After Prison Life & Rehabilitation
- Immigration & Social Offenses
- Feminism & Aggression
- Child Abduction Case Similarities
- Eyewitness Memory Evaluation
- Music Piracy Topic
- Restorative Justice Process
- Shoplifting Precautions
Essay Examples Relevant to Society & Justice
- Social Justice
Research in Criminal Justice System
- Stress Management Among Police Officers
- Interrogation Process Recording
- Transitional Justice in Practice
- White-Collar Crime Identification
- Power Abuse in Criminal Justice System
- Sentencing Disparities Challenges
- Reform versus Punishment
- Topic on Prison Labor Ethics
- Child Protective Services
- Probation & Parole Legal Flaws
Essay Examples Relevant to Criminal Justice System
- Child Protection
Criminology Research & Measurement
- Justice Comparison Definitions
- Global Criminality Causes
- Jury Selection Process
- Judicial Authority Abuse
- Wrongful Conviction Research Cases
- Civilian Review Boards Policy
- Internet Piracy Differences
- Honesty Among Attorneys
- Death Penalty Debate
- Imprisonment Psychological Effect
Essay Examples Relevant to Criminology Research & Measurement
- Death Penalty
Criminal Justice Research Topics in Types of Crime
- Financial Crimes in Asia
- Healthcare Frauds
- Political Corruption
- Gang Culture
- Political Prisoners & Ethical Crimes
- Environmental Irresponsibility (Hurricane Katrina)
- Drunk Driving
- Media Offenses
- Transnational Corporations Crime History
Essay Examples Relevant to Types of Crime
- Gang Violence
Criminal Justice Research Topics about Court Cases
- Court Case Notation Rules
- Rodney King Legacy
- Los Angeles Riots
- Susan Wright Trial
- Aaron Henandez Case
- United States v. Nixon
- Brown v. Board Education
- International Court Justice
- New York Times Co v. Sullivan
- Marbury v. Madison Case
Essay Examples Relevant to Court Cases
- Court Cases
- Constitutional Laws
- Law Systems
For sure, these are far from all criminal justice research topic ideas that can be suggested by our professional writers with template examples and guides that will meet even most complex criminological assignment types. Remember that criminal justice research paper topics should be within ethical norms. Even if writing about controversial ideas, do best to remain sensitive and respectful!
Read also: Buy research papers online and make your academic life easier.
Why EduBirdie Writing Service is Safe & Reliable
What makes EduBirdie academic online help unique is inclusion of research paper editing services, which ensures elimination of minor grammar problems that often ruin final grade. Do not let it happen to you and get points off for an otherwise good paper! Choose an expert writer, based on subject, credentials, or user reviews and start by choosing an appropriate criminal justice research topic together!
With due affordability, urgent delivery, and wide range of subjects, one can feel absolutely safe when trusting your academic issues to our team. From research proposal to annotated bibliography, one receives 100% plagiarism free work as every paper is written from scratch by native English speakers experts with no less than Masters and PhD degrees. Do not wait any longer, ask questions that concern you, choose essay type, set deadline, find suitable writer, sit back, and step into success!
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Written by Esther Leah
My name is Esther Leah. Since I’ve been a little kid in San Francisco, I’ve wanted to become a teacher. However, as time passed, I’ve realized that it is not the best career choice for me, as the teachers are not treated well by our government. However, since I’ve become a professional academic writer, I have at least partially achieved my dream of helping multiple people to learn more about the subjects that interest them and me. I focus mostly on English, Psychology and Criminology, but I can also help you with multiple other subjects as well.
Related Blog Posts
Top immigration research paper topics ideas to choose from.
Since the topic of immigration involves more than one discipline, it's necessary to make an interdisciplinary approach to your research by focusing...
100 Fascinating Engineering Research Paper Topics for You to Choose From
In the modern age of technological advancement, there are multiple interesting engineering research paper topics for you to choose from. However, t...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
- University Scholarship Home
- Departments and Schools
- Criminal Justice and Criminology
Theses and Dissertations-Criminal Justice and Criminology
Refine search results.
Search within this collection:
Social Disorganization Theory, Gentrification, and Intimate Partner Violence in Austin, Texas
The Impact of Parental Incarceration on Adolescent Offending
The Legitimacy of Police and Courts Around the World
Educator Sexual Misconduct: An Examination of Sanction Disparities Among Texas Female and Male Educators
An Exploration of the Effect of Oil and Natural Gas Activity on Crime Rates in Texas
Looking within: An analysis of intimate partner violence victimization among LGBTQ+ youth
Effects of Parental Incarceration: Strains, Negative Emotions, and Mental Health
A Varied Spatial and Temporal Examination of Vacation Home Rentals and Crime
An evaluation of recidivism rates for juveniles admitted to the hays county boot camp from selected jurisdictions , how socialization plays a part in juvenile delinquency .
Intimate partner violence: An in-depth analysis of context and dynamics
Probation Officer-Probationer Relationships and their Effect on Compliance and Recidivism
Offender's decision making: An assessment of convicted burglars in Thailand
Individual Protective Factors Associated With Bullying Victimization
The evolution of anomie theory .
Perceptions of Police Use of Force: A Comparison Between Citizens and Police Officers
Determining the Best Practices in Hostage/Crisis Negotiations
The effect of teenage income and unstructured time on alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco use
Prevalence of Sykes and Matza's Techniques of Neutralization in a Sample of Convicted Texas Intimate Partner Violence Offenders
An analysis of the effect of a baccalaureate requirement on the level of cynicism of law enforcement officers in the austin police department .
Show Statistical Information
- Thesis Generator
- Lists of strong thesis subject matters
- Searching for dissertation topics
- Dissertation topics to avoid
- Inspiring dissertation topic ideas
- Dissertation topic in no time
- Strong nursing dissertation topics
- Catchy dissertation topics
- Unique education dissertation topics
- Best topics for education thesis
- Dissertation topics in education
- Thesis topics on matketing
- Geography dissertation topic ideas
- Psychology of education topics
- Interesting dissertation ideas
- Environmental dissertation ideas
- Media arts PhD paper topic ideas
- Computer networking dissertation ideas
- Choosing medical dissertation topics
- Industrial engineering thesis topics
- Catchy psychology dissertation ideas
- Winning nursing thesis ideas
- Web development PhD paper topics
- Winning engineering thesis topics
- Creating a management thesis title
- Economics Master's dissertation topics
- Criminal justice thesis ideas
- Topics in computer linguistics
- 10 questions related to crime
- Criminal law dissertation topics
- Data mining thesis writing ideas
- Great topics on bioengineering
- Dissertation ideas about prisons
- Thesis topics on human rights
- Great topics to explore in a thesis
- Financial engineering topic suggestions
- MBA dissertation topic ideas
- How to polish up your thesis
- Don't let panic ruin your thesis defense
- Composing a good dissertation proposal
- Crafing a dissertation abstract
- Great dissertation writing services
- Strong thesis
- Electronic dissertation samples
- How to create a brilliant dissertation
- How to find a thesis for sale
- Creating a dissertation
- Sample of a dissertation proposal
- Searching for free thesis examples
- Getting help with your thesis
- How to find good dissertation help
- Proper Master's dissertation structure
- Finding a great thesis writing service
- How to hire a thesis writer
- Dissertation methodology section
- Professional dissertation help
- Finding a thesis writing company
- Trusted thesis writing service
- Reliable PhD paper examples
- How to format your dissertation
- Choosing a competent company
- Outline for your PhD paper
- Geography PhD paper defense
- Sample of a dissertation bibliography
- Interviews for a business dissertation
- APA doctoral thesis formatting rules
- Who can write my dissertation?
- Discussion & conclusion thesis parts
- Ordering a thesis paper quickly
- Searching for a reliable writing agency
- Thesis paper proposal in nursing
- PhD dissertation prospectus
- Creating a title page in the APA format
- Medieval history dissertation
- French literature thesis introduction
- Dissertation abstract in history
- Criminology graduate thesis paper
- Simple way to fiustom dissertation
- Completing a thesis in the APA format
- How to write an ancient history thesis
- Where can i get a front page example
- Undergraduate thesis data analysis
Criminal Justice Dissertation Ideas: 15 New Topics
Unlike the years past, there has been considerable increase in the number of students who are interested in studying criminal justice. This fact is evident in both graduate and undergraduate levels of education. So, if you are getting ready to write your dissertation on criminal justice and yet to select an interesting and informative topic for your paper, here are a few ideas to help you get started right away. They are as follows:
- A detailed comparison of domestic homicide between high density and low density states in the US
- The necessity of creating stricter background checks on military personnel as regards domestic violence
- Legal court system: Are domestic violence cases being rightly handled?
- Capital sentencing – Addressing the issue of racial disparities
- Criminal Justice System – A view of the system through the eyes of a survivor victim
- Potential sex offenders – How GPS monitoring can reduce such criminal acts
- Media Outlets – Their impact on criminal behaviour
- Capital punishment – Analyzing its effect on ethnic minorities
- Crime-based TV shows – Its effect on the society
- Juvenile Violence – How much can educational programs do in curbing the menace?
- Elder abuse – What punishment would be appropriate for offenders?
- Decreasing the risk of elder abuse – Using tougher punishments as deterrents
- Punishment versus Protection – Which should be embraced in curbing domestic violence?
- Privacy Rights – Is electronic monitoring an infringement of this right?
- When should a criminal’s right of privacy be taken away? A detailed analysis of case studies
These are just fifteen topics that students can elaborate on for their criminal justice dissertation papers. Before you finally settle for a given topic, it is important you first determine that there would be enough information to help you in writing convincingly on the chosen topic. It is also important that the topic you choose to work on is the one that interests you. If you have previous knowledge on the chosen topic, it even makes it less time consuming since you don’t need to carry out extensive researches before you can start the actual writing.
If none of the topics listed here interest you that much, then you can search further through your previous academic papers, notebooks, textbooks, and even the internet. You can also check this to get better ideas on how you can come up with a topic for your paper and write same with minimal stress.
Looking for help with your thesis or dissertation? Hire an experienced thesis writer online to get your thesis written from scratch by professionals from US or UK.
- Tips for writing a graduate thesis
- Corporate governance thesis proposal
- Creating a good dissertation
- Harvard format dissertation proposal
- Great dissertation editing service
- Dissertation editing tips
- Psychology PhD paper editing help
- Dissertation editing: useful advice
- Check out https://dissertationexpert.org - the best custom writing service
- Nice dissertation help resource
- Creating Master's thesis
- Strong topics for your Master's thesis
- Thesis discussion section example
- PhD dissertation about F. D. Roosevelt
© AmymooreStudio.com. All rights reserved. | Master's Thesis Writing Tips
- How It Works
222 Criminal Justice Thesis Topics To Make You Shine
What is criminal justice? Criminal justice deals with delivering justice to people who have committed crimes. The field entails a series of institutions and government agencies that co-work to bring illegal activities to book. Some of the purposes of a criminal justice thesis paper include:
- Facilitating the rehabilitation of offenders
- Ensuring that similar crimes do not occur again
- Providing moral support for victims
Such papers are critical, and this one has to take a professional approach, especially when writing criminal justice paper topics.
How To Write Criminal Justice Thesis Papers
Students in college and university taking criminal justice as a major are supposed to equip themselves with various writing techniques. For instance, there are times when one has to employ the methods used by a lawyer in presenting a case.
Since this is a cross-disciplinary field, you will have to formulate your arguments in a defensible thesis with evidence to support them. The criminal justice thesis statement should be:
Concise, Easy to understand, and Backed up by evidence and research.
You can choose to present the evidence either in qualitative or quantitative data. The former is expressed in texts, observations, and interviews, while the latter is in the form of numbers drawn from statistics.
For a quality criminal justice paper, use these expert writing tips:
- Use the APA style guide in formatting your paper
- Present your arguments in a clear language
- Do not stuff up too many pieces of evidence in one paragraph
- Avoid using personal opinions when defending a particular argument
With that, let us now look at some of the most brilliant thesis topics for criminal justice:
Criminal Justice Senior Thesis Topics
- Discuss the history and development of the criminal justice system
- How the rate of crime varies with different age brackets
- The impact of aggression in compelling one to commit a crime
- Why illegal immigrants are primarily associated with crime
- The role of education level in contributing to crime
- How does unemployment cause crime in society?
- Why are teenagers the majority of victims violating the law?
- The relationship between gender and criminal activity
- The role of firearms in advancing illegal activities
- How policies and government laws can lead to crime
- The role of the media in promoting crime
- Why is it challenging to manage crime in a society where the rule of law is obscure?
- The role of political campaigns and elections in contributing to crime
- Factors that led to the attack at the US Capitol
- Why drug and substance abuse is a leading cause of crime
- Programs that can help alleviate crime in any given society
General Criminal Justice Thesis Ideas
- Contribution of the study of criminology to the society
- How the study of criminology leads to the formulation of public policies
- The role of parents in preventing crimes
- How the education system has helped prevent crime
- The role of social media in planning and funding criminal behaviour
- How criminal gangs recruit members
- The implication of coronavirus on increased criminal behaviour
- How corrupt leaders can stir up criminal behaviour among citizens
- Why you should know your neighbours and what they do
- The role of biometric and facial recognition systems in curbing crime
- The effectiveness of the police in reducing crime
- Are penalties related to crimeless punitive?
- What is the implication of representing a serial killer in a criminal case?
- How to sensitize society on what constitutes criminal behaviour
- The impact of racism on criminal behaviour
- How bullying can be a cause of criminal behaviour in the future
Hot Criminal Justice Research Topics
- The role of forgeries and fake documents in advancing crime
- How corrupt police officers are creeping crime
- Ways of dealing with criminal behaviour at the grassroots level
- The role of the International Criminal Court in curbing crime
- Why social media is a significant fuel for crime
- The role of hate speech in advancing criminal activities
- How the family background of a person can lead him/her to crime
- Why students in college are at risk of joining gangs
- Latest ways in which criminals are smuggling goods into the country
- The impact of being labelled as a criminal on one’s reputation
- Is it possible for a criminal to genuinely transform while in prison?
- Religious ways of preventing crime in communities
- Why it is necessary to be careful when walking at night
- The role of the FBI in dismantling criminal groups
- How school dropouts get into illegal activity
- The part of peer pressure in leading one to commit a crime
Tip-Top Criminological Research Topics
- The role of mental health in any criminal behaviour
- How protests and demonstrations amount to illegal activities
- The implication of religious beliefs on committing a crime
- How social class is a critical player in the crime
- Does weather facilitate criminal behaviour in any way?
- Does cheating in exams amount to criminal behaviour?
- Ways of detecting and curtailing criminal activity before it happens
- How terrorism is facilitating crime in developing nations
- What amounts to an environmental crime?
- The implication of prejudice in violence
- Methods of deception used by human traffickers
- Forms of identity theft in America
- Causes and effects of juvenile delinquency
- How to curb criminal activities related to gambling
- Is prostitution contributing to crime in societies?
- Effective ways of prosecuting and punishing rape criminals
Criminology Research Paper Topics On Discrimination
- How racial profiling leads to crime
- Are our court systems becoming discriminatory based on race and social class?
- The impact of systematic bias on criminal justice
- How targeting minority groups leads to crime
- The impact of ethnic backgrounds on criminal activities
- Why the government should implement policies against gender discrimination
- The role of social movements in preventing discrimination
- How to deal with people who incite racial discrimination
- Ways of managing stereotypes as portrayed by the media
- The role of the clergy in breaking class-based social violence
- How discriminatory crime affects families
- The impact of discrimination on the performance of students
- The effects of corporate crime on the minor businesses
- How influential people in government contribute to crime
- Ways of dealing with hate crime and its implication on justice
- Effective crime preventions programs against marginalized communities
Criminal Law Research Topics
- The role of corrupt judges in enhancing crime
- Why tampering with evidence is facilitating the advancement of more criminal activities.
- How to manage cases of premeditated murder
- Should court systems use more punitive measures for punishing murderers?
- How does society view lawyers who defend murderers?
- Are there loopholes in criminal law that are advancing criminal behaviour?
- In what ways is the justice system perverted?
- Discuss the essence of studying criminal law
- The role of the jury in delivering just sentences to guilty criminals
- What is the implication of the presidential pardon on criminals?
- How to protect the privacy of inmates
- Do convicts on death have rights as any other human being?
- How technology is advancing the practice of criminal law
- Compare and contrast the number of men and women pursuing criminal law in the United States
- What are some of the cultural impediments to the rule of criminal law?
- The implication of fines and bonds on criminals with money
Criminal Justice Research Questions
- How does street lighting helps reduce the crime rate?
- Can security agencies use technology to prevent terrorism?
- Discuss illegal research techniques in genetics and their dangers
- What is the impact of smartphones on crime rates?
- How does the National Guard help in reducing crime?
- What is the role of psychometric examinations in criminology?
- Does the court system take too long to administer justice?
- Is arbitration applicable in the case of a murder charge?
- What are the fundamental principles of crime prevention?
- The role of mass media during chaotic elections
- Is it to keep a registry of sexual offenders?
- What can institutions do to prevent cases of sexual assault?
- What is the motive of a ransom in a kidnapping case?
- When do felony disenfranchisement laws apply?
- What is the role of forensic science in modern criminology?
- Discuss the association between substance abuse and crime?
Expert Criminal Law Topics For Research Paper
- Effects of forging contracts in a work setting
- Should presidents face criminal proceedings during their tenure?
- The implication of the president’s immunity to international crimes
- How can the courts ensure a fair trial for all accused persons?
- How long should attorneys take to prepare a defence?
- Implications for substantial injustice for any criminal case
- Effects of giving self-incriminating evidence
- How to deal with a crime under the international law
- Should prosecutors obtain evidence in a manner that violates a person’s rights?
- The place of torture in obtaining information from a suspect
- What is the effectiveness of a petition in a murder case?
- The role of the press in criminal proceedings
- Discuss the rights and welfare of victims of criminal offences
- How ballistic experts differentiate between an accidental and intentional shooting
- The role of the state in upholding law and order
- How lawyers defend their clients: Is it unethical at times?
Law Enforcement Research Paper Topics
- Is how police handle suspects justified?
- Weigh in on the ongoing police brutality claims on a racial basis
- The role of law enforcers in sensitizing people on peace
- Why it is necessary to have police stations in every community
- Causes of corruption and crime among some law enforcers
- Evaluate the response of law enforcers during the attack at the US Capitol
- Assess how male and female police officers handle crime
- What is the effect of police patrols on crime rates?
- How police involvement with criminal groups fuels up crime
- Police technologies used to detect and counter crime
- What improvements should the police have to handle crime effectively?
- Compare and contrast law enforcement strategies used in the UK and US
- Comment on the use of biometric data in tracing criminals
- How effective are informers in assisting the police to curb crime?
- Evaluate how different law enforcement agencies handle crime
- How digital footprints have helped law enforcers to arrest criminals
Criminal Justice Research Proposal Topics
- The role of community policing in preventing crime
- Does the length of criminal trials affect their outcome?
- Should courts punish crimes committed on a religious basis?
- What are some of the challenges to implementing stringent prosecution laws?
- Does infringement of copyright laws amount to criminal behaviour?
- Should journalists take photos of suspects on trial and publish them?
- Assess the different classes of crime systems
- How to deal with cyber-stalking in the case of couples
- Discuss the effectiveness of courts dealing with drug-related cases
- Analyzing the implication of mandatory sentencing
- What happens in the case of a wrongful conviction in a criminal case?
- What motivates people to commit crimes?
- Discuss the psychology behind aggressive criminal behaviour
- Compare and contrast between murder and homicide
- Evaluate the different classes of criminal offenders
Criminal Investigation Research Paper Topics
- Discuss the process of beginning a criminal investigation
- Interrogation methods that are involved in criminal investigations
- How does investigative journalism complement criminal investigations?
- How crime-related movies have created a perception in people’s minds
- The role of criminal investigations in delivering sentences
- How technology has made criminal investigations more effective
- The difference in investigating between civil and criminal cases
- Discuss the unethical sides of criminal investigations
- The role of information sharing technologies in criminal investigations
- Why murder cases take too long to be solved
- Secretive methods of conducting criminal investigations
- Discuss the relationship between criminal investigations and the evidence presented in court
- Why most detectives do not have a specific regalia
- The implication of conducting criminal investigations in the face of the coronavirus
- How to handle inquiries for cases beyond a country’s border
Criminal Justice Research Topics For College Students
- The impact of TV series on crime rates
- How different countries handle criminal cases
- Discuss the impact of witness interference in a criminal case
- How court systems contribute to crime
- Are the witness protection policies effective enough?
- The role of CCTVs in promoting justice in criminal cases
- The impact of criminal courts on advancing good morals in a society
- Discuss the truth in the statement ‘justice delayed is not justice denied.’
- Importance of studying criminal justice in the 21 st century
- Discuss the role of fingerprints in a criminal investigation
- Should criminal cases be completed in less than a week?
- What happens when a president commits a national crime during his tenure?
- How the Director of Public Prosecutions can help in combating corruption
- The responsibility of court officers in protecting the suspects
- Do criminal cases caught on camera need any further investigations?
- How should a state deal with foreigners who are guilty of criminal offences in their country?
Other Criminal Justice Dissertation Topics
- Areas of the prevalence of wildlife crimes
- How to deal with cases of shoplifting
- Evaluate methods used by online predators to lure children
- Why exposing your location details on social media may be dangerous for you
- Should parents answer to suicide cases involving their children?
- Discuss why parents should not leave their children alone at home
- The role of police hotline numbers in combating crime
- The impact of living in neighbourhoods known for criminal activity
- How we can use religion to prevent crime
- How one can anonymously report a criminal activity
- Impact of hacking technologies on people’s privacy
- Latest innovations in tracking criminal behaviour
- Why investigations concerning a prominent person take too long to complete
- Who is liable to pay damages in case of a mishap in a criminal case?
- How to follow the rule of law in any criminal proceeding
- How to know if you are being trailed at night by criminals
Research Methods In Criminal Justice Topics
- Use of questionnaires
- Real-time survey systems in criminal justice
- Effectiveness of one on one interviews
- Field research in criminology
- Observation as a criminology research method
- How participant observation works
- Impact of ethnography
- Use of case study in investigating crime
- Experiments in criminology
- Second data analysis methods
- Deliberate manipulation of social customs
- Analysis of government data
- Research of historical documents
- Studies using the Delphi method
- Conclusive research methods for criminal justice
- Descriptive research methods
Your top-rated criminal justice is just a step away from A+ grades with our expert thesis titles. Use our high-tech thesis writing services to improve your paper today!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
List of 100 Criminal Justice Research Topics For Your Paper
Most students know that one of the fundamentals of writing a great assignment is coming up with a good idea for a topic. We understand that this can be difficult at times, especially when one needs to come up with a research topic for criminal justice. This list of basic criminal justice topics covers a variety of legal areas and helps you get started with writing :
Criminal Justice Reform Topics for College
- How do different first-world countries deal with misdemeanors committed by people under the age of eighteen?
- What are the major differences in capital punishment in different parts of the world?
- How effective are crime prevention tactics at universities and colleges?
- How is capital punishment essential to social cohesion in a country where violent crimes are excessively high?
- What is the biggest difference between civil trials and criminal trials?
Good Criminal Justice Paper Topics for Law School
- Does punishing habitual drug users by putting them in jail further prevent them from breaking away from their addiction?
- What is the difference between legal codes in rural American cities and urban American cities?
- Are white-collar criminals treated differently from blue-collar criminals when it comes to the current legal system in the U.S.?
- To what effect do fingerprint technology and science prevent people from false accusations?
- How do experts utilize forensic science to identify and pursue a suspect that otherwise may have gone unnoticed?
Criminal Justice Topics for High School
- What role does the Supreme Court in the United States have in deciding whether or not reparations to descendants of slaves should be awarded reparations?
- In what ways is the international community preventing cybercrimes from widespread occurrence?
- Do you think the current legal system in your state does enough to protect its citizens from fraudulent organizations or entities?
- Should hate crimes committed against races or ethnic groups be treated differently from similar crimes committed against religious groups?
- How should the legal system handle sexual offense cases when they occur in schools in the workplace?
Controversial Topics in Criminal Justice
- Should the international community make a stronger effort at punishing the United States for war crimes it has committed in the last 50 years?
- Are crime statistics an effective way of determining what laws should be put into place?
- Do you think it is ethical for the state congress to punish doctors who treat transgender youth?
- What role should modern philosophy and ethics play in determining what laws are overturned or put into effect?
- Are there any contradictions between capitalism and civil liberties?
Criminal Justice Paper Topics for Undergraduates
- Does poverty play a role in the severity of crimes and the way society punishes them?
- Should the state legal system treat minors that have committed violent crimes like adults?
- What are the origins of the capital punishment system in the United States and England?
- How does precedent affect the way sentences are handed out in modern times?
- What are the biggest arguments against ending capital punishment at the federal level?
Criminal Justice Research Ideas for Graduate Students
- Does law enforcement in the United States need to be revamped?
- What role do young people play in reducing the levels of violent crimes being committed?
- How successful are programs meant to rehabilitate criminals that have committed violent crimes?
- What laws are in place to protect parents from facing criminal charges when they hit their children?
- How have jails and extended sentences worked to deter criminals from committing violent acts?
Great Criminal Justice Research Paper Ideas
- How much should the media influence how violent criminals are sentenced?
- In what ways is the “eye for an eye” principle a guiding concept for the way punishments are handed out in today’s legal system?
- What laws are in place to deter cybercriminals from committing identity theft?
- Should people that use firearms to protect themselves face steeper or lesser penalties?
- In what ways should forensic science be used and considered in criminal cases?
Easy Criminal Justice Controversial Topics
- How can criminal justice be used to break the cycle of sexual assault?
- In what ways does a person’s age influence the way he or she is prosecuted?
- How is domestic violence linked to the socio-economic area victims call their home?
- Do you think that making criminal laws more punitive is a form of deterring criminals from committing violent acts?
- Which police procedures in existence make it difficult for prosecutors of violent suspects?
Excellent Criminal Justice Thesis Topics
- Can strict gun laws actually prevent violent street crimes?
- Should the President of the United States be immune to crimes?
- What is the most effective way to prosecute people that have been accused of sexual assault?
- Should drunk drivers face criminal charges contingent on the severity of the victims put at risk?
- When someone is on trial for a violent crime, what influence does the person’s family have on his or her punishment?
Criminal Justice Research Proposal Topics
- Should DNA evidence be applied to all cases where a convicted felon has claimed innocence?
- Is date rape being punished too harshly or should there be more done?
- How has the global weapons trade gone up over the last three decades around the world?
- Does the current criminal justice system fairly treat criminals convicted of misdemeanor drug possession?
- How has forensic science changed the way the defense team protects its clients?
- Do victims of crimes have the right to exact equal penalties to those that committed the crimes in the first place?
- How has human trafficking increased in the United States in the last two decades?
- Is jury selection in local government still an adequate and fair method?
- Is the penalty for the 3 strikes rule in California and other states a fair type of punishment?
- Should ex-convicts that have served time for non-violent crimes be allowed to have their felonies expunged?
- How can we tell whether a defensive shooter did not have the intent to harm?
- What laws are in place to protect children from sexual predators on the internet?
- What is meant by the term “hidden criminality”? How does it affect the ways laws are written in modern times?
- Should people who commit sexual assault on minors receive capital punishment?
Criminal Justice Research Topics for Grad Students
- Is it ethical for federal judges to serve life-long terms in the court system?
- Should genetics and heredity be considered in violent criminal cases?
- How much does race play a role in the decisions by courts when it comes to capital punishment?
- What role do alternate jury members play in the current legal system?
- What are the most effective programs for reducing the chances of criminals repeating criminal acts?
- How do criminal justice and the legal system as a whole affect public policy at the local level?
- Should federal judges be evaluated by their peers to ensure ethical decision-making?
- How much does a person’s history of drug use affect his or her punishment in unrelated crimes?
- What types of penalties should be put into place to deter instances of date rape?
- Does the current legal system in the United States promote or prevent ex-convicts that are re-entering society?
- What laws are in place to lower the instances of domestic violence?
Creative Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Why do convicted criminals become habitual or repeat offenders?
- How is the crime rate difference between the upper class and lower class communities?
- Why are males convicted and sentenced to the death penalty at a higher rate than females?
- Does one’s level of education affect his or her risk of committing a serious crime?
- What is the difference between juvenile criminal systems in the United States compared to those in the United Kingdom?
- How much does a person’s socio-economic circumstance affect his/her criminal risk?
- What is the relationship between inmates and social workers trying to get the benefits?
- In what ways does criminology help people from becoming victims of cybercrimes?
- How has the Ponzi scheme evolved over the last century to still elude victims from discovery?
- What laws are in place to offer victims of sexual abuse?
Current Criminal Justice Essay Topics
- Should minors that commit violent crimes face the same penalties as adults that commit similar crimes?
- Should there be a national registry for sex offenders or does this violate privacy?
- How effective are anti-drug programs in the prevention of excessive drug use in the United States?
- What are the different types of cyber and white-collar crimes that are not being prosecuted?
- What laws protect people from having to submit DNA as evidence when they are accused of a crime?
- Should law enforcement officials that are convicted of corruption face more serious penalties?
- Do you think the current U.S. legal system makes it fair for minorities?
- What role does forensic science play in prosecuting criminals in the U.S. legal system?
- What methods do criminals use in order to avoid detection by forensic science?
- How has the underground child labor trade been able to avoid prosecution in places like Cuba?
- How has business remained lawless despite advances in cyber technology and prevention?
- What are the biggest threats to cybersecurity in terms of scams and schemes?
- Should the court system be more lenient for victimless crimes?
- What are the most effective methods to end cyberbullying beyond the schoolyard?
- How do the various opinions of cyberbullying vary from one another?
- Do the methods of deterring crime effectively reduce the number of criminal acts?
- How effective are educational courses and training for non-violent inmates in jail?
- Is there a reason why marijuana is still classified as a class 1 drug at the federal level?
- What are the negative effects on children that are exposed to violence in the household?
- Should the courts review classical cases and adjust laws for modern society?
The criminal justice research topics listed above are completely free to use and share. If they do not fit your assignment you can always modify them to topics that are far more manageable. You can also have one of our qualified thesis writers come up with a list of fresh criminal justice debate topics. Just contact our support staff and let us know what you need.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
Ten Interesting Criminal Justice Research Topics. The relationship between police and people of different backgrounds. Do body cameras reduce police violence? Is police violence against people of ... The reliability of eyewitness testimony. Do eyewitnesses provide accurate testimony? Should their ...
Basic Criminology and Criminal Justice Research Topics. Basic criminal Research Topics. History of Criminal Ethics. Criminology as Social Science. Criminology and Public Policy. Advantages of Private Prisons. Civil Crimes vs War Crimes. Offenses Against Religion & Cultural Traits. Causes of ...
Criminal Justice Theses, Projects, and Dissertations Jump to: Theses/Projects/Dissertations from 2022 PDF Crisis Intervention Team Training and Use of Force on Persons with Mental Illnesses, Xavier Aguirre PDF THE EFFECT OF POLICE SUB-CULTURE ON INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE WITHIN LAW ENFORCEMENT FAMILIES, Geovvany Mendez PDF
Below are most relevant topics in criminal justice, sorted by study field: Controversial Criminal Justice Research Topics Capital Punishment Ethics Mental Hospitals & Law Code Sniffer Dog Practice Eyewitness Evidence Importance Medical Marijuana - A Leak? Police Officer Limited Rights African Americans Bias in Investigation
Theses and Dissertations-Criminal Justice and Criminology Recent Submissions Social Disorganization Theory, Gentrification, and Intimate Partner Violence in Austin, Texas McDowell, Molly (2022-12) Intimate partner violence (IPV) is a pervasive public health problem.
They are as follows: A detailed comparison of domestic homicide between high density and low density states in the US The necessity of creating stricter background checks on military personnel as regards domestic violence Legal court system: Are domestic violence cases being rightly handled? Capital ...
General Criminal Justice Thesis Ideas. Contribution of the study of criminology to the society. How the study of criminology leads to the formulation of public policies. The role of parents in preventing crimes. How the education system has helped prevent crime. The role of social media in planning ...
Excellent Criminal Justice Thesis Topics. Can strict gun laws actually prevent violent street crimes? Should the President of the United States be immune to crimes? What is the most effective way to prosecute people that have been accused of sexual assault? Should drunk drivers face criminal charges contingent on the severity of the victims put ...