Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
Complete List of 160+ Exciting History Research Paper Topics
Updated 01 Feb 2023
Most college and university students across the United States find history assignments way too challenging or even uninteresting. It happens because one has to brainstorm diverse subjects and look through countless lengthy books. Yet, what many fail to consider is finding good history research paper topics that would be both interesting and unique. When correctly chosen assignment topic inspires its author, it automatically becomes interesting for target audience, increasing chances of assignment to receive better grades.
From Economics and Political Science to History & Anthropology, good research paper should include verified sources and correct information. Turning to professional writers at EduBirdie, every student will easily find excellent history research topics ideas and receive all kinds of professional writing help.
Which Research Topic is Considered Good
Defining good history research topic may be challenging when approached without prior outline and topic analysis by novice college students. It makes sense when working with large history projects that involve discussion and arguments. Once applicable topic is found, it should include strong thesis statement or an argument that reveals author’s intention and main idea. Remember that you can always use our thesis statement generator for research paper or turn directly to one of our writing experts when unsure about what kind of an argument should be made in relation to chosen subject.
With an endless amount of diverse topics existing, good idea search should start with the following:
- Topic is relevant, has clear statement
- Vague arguments are avoided, thus allowing author to focus on specific event or issues
- Prior literature along with facts are checked and supported by sources
- Chronology is included if historic events are mentioned
- Outline with thesis statement & structure
- One idea - one paragraph rule helps define key ideas, connecting them to thesis statement
In most cases, when working on a research paper you are required to choose a particular writing style. It might be either reflective, analytical, argumentative or comparative one. It is essential, as most college professors want to see your personal input in the work. Try consulting our cheap research papers writers in case you encounter difficulties when choosing your own style.
Choosing Relevant Topic for Research Writing
Unless student is already presented with certain history research paper topics, he or she is left with almost no time until deadline and challenges of narrowing down grand ideas to what fits within word count and research paper rules. This is where choosing relevant bits of information makes it crucial before outline is composed. Since majority of good research assignments include 3-5 body paragraphs, start by checking whether you may find at least 5 key ideas to write about when looking through existing ideas. An example, when writing about Pearl Harbor, key rule is to outline thesis statement, proceed with arguments or assumptions that constitute body paragraphs.
Most difficult, yet still important part is narrowing down vague ideas to ensure that information presented is not scattered all overwritten assignment. In order to avoid trouble, always divide topics into several sections. When choosing Ancient Egypt, it is most likely that task is to write about something specific. Good paper will always make it clear in Introduction, but even then, one should use topic sentences that help reader to be aware of main ideas. Need help with research paper ? We will get you through it.
For example, if it is immortality paradigm, paragraph should start with a sentence like “Immortality in Ancient Egypt played not only religious role, but also controlled social status of each ruler…”
This way, audience knows that author focuses on symbolic significance and importance of chosen idea. Later on, one may use “Immortality & Religion” or “Immortality in Social Relationships” to specify areas of research. This way paper remains structure, also has logical transition between paragraphs.
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a paper sample on history crafted to your needs.
Unique History Research Topics Tips
If you want hard work pay off with success and good grades, make sure that you do not limit yourself to what is most popular and easy. Do your best to choose something unique, an inspiring topic that you can relate to because if you do not feel motivated, your audience will feel the same way, too. It is no secret that history work may be time-consuming and impossible to complete with chronology and key figures involved, yet these simple tips will help you make it fun.
Brainstorm existing research topics. What it means is that you should look through at least twenty different topics, then take some rest and come back to it again to see what inspires you the most. Likewise, if you have some ideas or need unique U.S. history research paper topics, send a message to our writing experts and we will do our best to expand on it.
Do prior research of chosen subject. Once settling on good ideas, always continue with searching to make sure that you can find enough information and sources to support crucial facts and ideas. Remember that correct citation helps to avoid plagiarism.
Work out several thesis statements in advance. Since this is what will make the heart of any written assignment, come up with different variations of thesis as it will be easier to adjust it later when you have body paragraphs ready.
Find reliable sources. As you have list of sources ready, ensure that they come from reliable resources or checked by your college professor, if required. Likewise, accurate formatting style is essential for good grades.
Start with outline . Such approach allows keeping information logically, also structured. In most cases, it should include Introduction with Thesis Statement, 3-5 Body Paragraphs, one of which is counter argument or opposite opinion, finish with Conclusion.
100 History Research Paper Topics
For your convenience, topics are sorted by relevant categories. Remember that you’ll receive professional research papers writing help from EduBirdie that will cover any chosen subject or complexity level. From APUSH research paper topics to important figures in U.S. battles campaigns, let experts work and meet even most urgent deadlines!
- Symbolism in Ancient Egypt
- From Assyria to Byzantium: Study of Power in Empires
- Women Role in Prehistoric Britain
- Responsibilities Distribution in Iron Age
- Sumerian Culture and Traditions
- Near Eastern Civilizations Analysis
- Water Sources Value for Central Anatolia
- Religion and Prophets
- Palestine History
- Death and Immortality in Ancient Egypt
Essay Examples Relevant to Ancient History
- Ancient Egypt
- Byzantine Empire
Julius Caesar Topics Ideas
- How Julius Caesar Inspired Loyalty Among His Soldiers
- The Military Genius Of Julius Caesar – Innovative Tactics And Strategies
- The Dictatorship Under Julius Caesar
- Marcus Junius Brutus And His Role In The Assassination Of Julius Caesar
- Julian Calendar As A Major Social Reform
- The Rise And Fall Of Julius Caesar
- The Political Alliance Of Caesar And Cleopatra
- Julius Caesar And His Role In Building The Roman Republic
- The First Triumvirate – Gaius Julius Caesar, Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus And Marcus Licinius Crassus
- Lessons Learned From Julius Caesar’s Memoirs
Save your time with free essay samples on Julius Caesar
Middle ages research topics.
- The Role Of Religion In Everyday Life During The Middle Ages
- Asia During The Middle Ages
- Witch Trials In The Middle Ages – Prosecution Of The Powerless
- Scientific Advancements In The Dark Ages
- Developments Of Weapons And Armor In The Middle Ages
- The Crusades – Cruel Pilgrimage Or A Rightful Holy War?
- The House Of Medici And Its Powerful Role Towards The End Of The Middle Ages
- How The Invention Of Gunpowder Changed The Art Of War In The Middle Ages
- Rise Of Urbanization In Medieval Europe – Cause And Effect
- Chivalry In The Middle Ages
Save your time with free essay samples on Middle Ages
- Evolving Role of NATO for World Community
- Globalization Negative Role
- U.S. Involvement in Afghanistan
- Patriot Act Analysis
- From Ground Zero: Rebuilding United States
- Great Recession
- Social Inequality Reasons
- Chernobyl Explosion
- Reasons for Syrian Conflict
- Cultural Changes in Modern World
Essay Examples Relevant to Modern History
- Patriot Act
- Social Inequality
U.S. Civil War
- Abraham Lincoln's Assassination
- What Lies Behind Alabama Claims
- History Before 1877: Cause & Effect
- Atlanta Campaign Key Figures
- Battle of Chancellorsville
- Civil War and Its Legacy
- Confederate Monuments in the United States
- Homestead Act
- Civil War Facts and Controversies
- Mary Chestnut Personality
Save your time with free essay samples on U.S. Civil War
World history research paper topics.
- Mexican-American War
- Religion and Crusades
- Causes of Thirty Years War
- Use of Weapons in Ancient Civilizations
- Bridal Ceremonies in Ancient Rome
- Apartheid Impact
- South America Colonization
- Social Relationships in Medieval Europe
- Cold War Aftershocks
- Britain and Spain in Battle of the Seas
Essay Examples Relevant to World History
- Medieval Europe
- Military Innovations Between World War I and World War II
- Europe Nationalistic Trends
- Gender bias in England of 17th century
- Empiricism Rise in Europe
- Catholic Church and Witch Hunts
- Western Theories Propaganda
- French Revolution: Force Distribution
- Women Civil Rights in 18th century France
- Mid-Tudor Crises Analysis
- 19th century Europe Literacy
Salem Witch Trials Research Paper Topics
- Religious And Social Causes Of The Salem Witch Trials
- Smothering Women’s Independence Under The Guise Of The Salem Witch Trials
- The Most Renowned “witches” Of The Salem Witch Trials
- Male Victims Of The Salem Witch Trials
- John Proctor As The First Male Witch
- The Puritan Views Of Women And Their Original Sin
- Tituba’s Trial And Ultimate Confession To Witchcraft
- Hawthorne’s "Young Goodman Brown" – An Analysis Of The Puritan Mindset During The Salem Witch Trials
- Beyond Salem – Witch Hunts Around The World
- The Consequences Of The Salem Witch Trials
Save your time with free essay samples on Salem Witch Trials
French revolution topics.
- The First Phase Of The French Revolution And Le Chapelier Law
- Reveillon Factory And The Start Of The French Revolution
- Louis XVI, The Palace Of Versailles, And The French Revolution
- The Three Estates Of The Realm During The French Revolution
- Political, Economic, And Social Position Of Women Before And After The French Revolution
- The Rise Of Napoleon Bonaparte During The French Revolution
- The Role Of Emmanuel Joseph Sieyès In The French Revolution
- Assessment Of The Champs De Mars Massacre
- The Impact Of Declaration Of The Rights Of The Man And Of The Citizen
- Life And Death Of Louis XVI
Save your time with free essay samples on French Revolution
Great depression research topics.
- The Main Causes Of The Great Depression
- What Did The Great Depression Affected The Most
- Herbert Hoover And His Role In The Great Depression
- Assessment Of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal
- The Great Depression Of The 30s Vs. The Great Recession Of The Aughts
- The Great Depression And Its Impact On International Relations
- The Effects Of The Great Depression On The Average US Household
- The Disproportionate Impact Of The Great Depression On Minorities
- Women In The Workforce During The Great Depression
- Family Life In The Midst Of The Great Depression
Essay Examples Relevant to Great Depression
- Great Depression
- Women in The Workforce
World War II
- American Reaction on Holocaust
- Role of Women in World War II
- Arnhem Battle
- Attu battle
- Strategy in Battle of Kursk
- Japanese Americans in WWII
- Pearl Harbor Legacy
- Economic Cause in Second World War
- Civilians Role in Strategic Battles
- Anne Frank's Diary
Essay Examples Relevant to World War II
- Pearl Harbor
African American History Research Paper Topics
- 14th Amendment
- Abolitionist Movement
- Angela Davis
- Black Codes
- Black History Month Origin
- African American Women in Art and Literature
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Dr. Martin Luther King
- Black History Legends and Cultural Traits
Essay Examples Relevant to African American History
- African American History
- American Constitution
- Black Power Movement
- Martin Luther King
- African American
United States History
- Declaration of Independence 1776
- Events That Lead To The Creation Of The Declaration Of Independence
- The Declaration Of Independence And Its Persisting Impact On The Modern USA
- “All Men Are Created Equal” – Equality Issues Not Addressed In The Declaration Of Independence
- John Adams And His Movement Towards Independence
- The Role Of The Founding Fathers In Shaping Early American Culture
- United States and Slavery
- Emancipation Proclamation of 1863
- Civil War Causes
- Interwar Period Analysis
- Native American Cultural Impact
- Ethics and Vietnam War
- Industrialization Effects on American Social Movements
- American South Religious Practices
- Revolutionary War Personalities
Essay Examples Relevant to United States History
- History of the United States
- Native American
American Revolution Battles & Key Events
- Bunker Hill Battle
- Camden Battle
- Alexander Hamilton's Role
- Long Island Battle
- Saratoga Battle
- Boston Tea Party
- Charles Cornwallis
- Benedict Arnold
- Trenton and Princeton Battles
- Townshend Acts Analysis
Save your time with free essay samples on American Revolution Battles & Key Events
Industrial revolution paper topics.
- How The Industrial Revolution Impacted The Environment
- Why Was The Invention Of The Cotton Gin Critical For The Industrial Revolution
- The Production Of Iron Before And After The Industrial Revolution
- The Positive And Negative Impacts Of The Industrial Revolution On The Working Class
- Industrial Revolution In The US Vs. Industrial Revolution In Europe
- Child Labor During The Industrial Revolution
- A Glimpse Into The Working Conditions In Factories During The Industrial Revolution
- The Influence Of The Industrial Revolution On Public Education
- Immigration And Industrialization – The Changing Face Of The USA
- The Effects Of The Industrial Revolution On Agricultural Sectors
Essay Examples Relevant to Industrial Revolution
- Industrial Revolution
- Child Labour
20th Century History Topics
- Reasons Behind Dictatorship
- Economic Depression Causes
- Nuclear Age Cause and Effect
- Russian Revolution and Labor Class
- Organized Crime in American Society (1920s)
- Veterans Day History
- McKinley Role for American Imperialism
- Chicano Movement Impact
- Democratic Movements Uprising
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki Events
Essay Examples Relevant to 20th Century History
- Nuclear Age
- Organized Crime
Of course, these are far not all existing topics, there are many more. Get in touch with our professional essay writing or ideas help, you’ll receive more history research paper topics for college students adjusted in accordance with your personal preferences.
Professional & Reliable Research Assistance Made Affordable
We all have been through times when college professors decreased grades for wrong use of chronology or sources that are not academic for otherwise excellent work. It may even be worse when incorrect citation or extra spaces simply ruined all your efforts, which transformed history research into nightmare. An only solution is turning to experts that can help you ensure that final work is flawless. With years of experience in the market, EduBirdie prides itself as affordable and reliable online paper writing services that provide 100% plagiarism-free assignments as all the papers for college is written from scratch.
Choosing writer by subject, credentials, user reviews, works completed, you always remain in direct contact via private chat, which makes it easy to make adjustments if necessary. Each assignment also includes professional formatting, grammar, punctuation, structure check, which completely eliminates proofreading problems. With affordable prices, experienced writers, and 24/7 online support, you do not have to risk your academic future as we will help you nail down even most complex tasks.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, 100 original political science research topics.
Political Science research papers can easily become overly complex and weak if there are too many ideas scattered across assignment. In order to re...
Explore Our Top Cultural Research Paper Topics
Culture is a broad term that covers an endless number of possibilities for crafting research topics. You can view it as a global aspect and write a...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
- Social Sciences
- Agriculture & Farming
140 Good Research Topics for History Papers
- Author: Jule Romans
Good History Research Topics
Good research paper topics in history are focused on a narrow, manageable subject that is easily divided into sections.
Here are 145 good research paper topics for history in many different eras and time periods, along with suggestions for generating your own unique research topics. All the history research topics in this list are focused, specific, and easy to organize in writing.
In between, I offer you some tips for creating and managing research topics on your own.
Finding a good research topic in history doesn't have to be difficult
Video...CC_BY SA 4.0
Here are two good examples of how to create a research topic that is narrow, manageable, and easily divided into three sections.
The Rise and Fall of Benito Mussolini in Italy, 1922–1945.
This paper would have three sections:
How Mussolini gained political power What happened during the height of his reign How he was defeated.
Use this structure for ANY political or historical figure. Simply replace "Mussolini" with the name of your selected leader, and choose a country and date range that fits that person.
For example, this topic could also be used to describe:
The Rise and Fall of Napoleon in France, 1804–1815.
Joan of Arc and the Siege of Orleans in 15th Century France.
Divide this paper into sections this way:
Describe Joan of Arc as a person. Explain the Siege of Orleans and her role in the battle. Demonstrate how these two things fit within the context of 15th century French history
Use this structure for any historical figure associated with an important battle or war. Just keep it narrow and focused. For example, this topic could also be used to describe:
Alexander the Great and the Battle of Issus in Ancient Macedonia.
Once you master this concept, you can create your own good research topics out of almost any list.
10 Good History Research Topics that are Easy to Adapt
- Conditions for Slaves During the Building of the Great Pyramid
- Three Events from the First Greek Olympiad
- How, Where, and When Rome was Founded
- The Battle of Marathon: How the Greeks Defeated Persia
- How Plato and Aristotle Collaborated to Reinvent Philosophy
- Alexander’s Conquest of Egypt: Strategies for Victory
- The Great Wall of China: Construction Plans and Implementation
- Julius Ceasar’s Most Successful Attacks on Great Britain
- The Huns’ First Invasion of Europe
- Mohammed: From Mecca to Medina
How to Start a History Research Question
It can be really helpful to start with a question. The reason for this is that it immediately focuses your paper and keeps you on track. Your entire paper is an answer to a question. This works well for anyone who needs a little guidance. Here are examples of questions that you can use for European history, US history, and world history.
It is easy to vary any of these topics by changing out keywords. "What were the three main causes of the Boer War?" can become "What were the three main causes of the collapse of the feudal system in Europe?" or even "What were the three main characteristics of the Stuart dynasty." This list gets you started, but you can feel free to develop any question you like, based on the formats below.
30 Good History Research Questions
1. What were the three main causes of the Boer War?
2. How were cathedrals built?
3. What is the Gutenberg Bible?
4. What was the purpose of Morality plays in Medieval England?
5. How did Italian Renaissance painters benefit from the art patronage system?
6. What was the impact of the slave trade on the European economy?
7. How did the guillotine influence the French Revolution?
8. Who was Germany's most influential composer?
9. How did the feudal system operate?
10. How was royalty connected to the concept of Divine Right rulership in 17th century Italy?
1. How was the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory an example of social injustice?
2. How did the Mormons influence the settling of the America west?
3. Who were the great influencers in Mississippi riverboat/showboat culture?
4. What were the origins of automobile drag racing in the United States?
5. How and why were National Parks created?
6. Which US state has the most disputed borders?
7. How did the highway system change American culture?
8. Who created New York's Central Park?
9. Why were traveling circuses popular in the United States in the 19th century?
10. What was the role of lighthouses in Great Lakes maritime history?
1. What were the top three battles in the Korean War?
2. How did the Jaffa Riots begin in the British Mandate of Palestine, 1921?
3. What was the Battle of Hochst and how did it influence the Thirty Years' War?
4. How did the Siege of Turin take a key position in two separate wars?
5. What were the conditions of life for soldiers in the First Crusade?
6. What was the role of the Shogun in Japanese history?
7. How did Buddhism alter the Chinese Empire?
8. How did the Byzantine Empire succeed?
9. What is the organization of the Hindu gods?
10. How, when, and where did the Silk Road operate?
1. What were the qualities of the life, lifestyle, and living condition for Roman gladiators?
2. Who were the child Emperors of Rome?
3. Who was the most influential Egyptian Pharoah?
4. What happened to slaves during the building of the Sphinx?
5. What was the Code of Hammurabi?
6. How were ziggurats used in ancient Mesopotamia?
7. Which cultures originated in the Nile valley?
8. How did African tribal culture influence painters in Europe?
9. What did the world of the Ancient Maya look like?
10. What were the legends and stories of Carthage?
Good Research Topics Are Narrow and Manageable
Avoid topics that are too broad.
The topic of "energy" is much larger than most research papers can cover. It is also too vague. What kind of energy? Electrical? Gas? Wind? You can easily see why this topic would make it very difficult to write
Narrow it down by using questions. Ask yourself exactly what it is you want to say.
One way to narrow down a research topic is to use the classic 5-W strategy. Focus on Who, What, Where, When, and Why. For example, the overly broad topic of abortion can be narrowed to something more specific using these questions.
- Who? Energy companies
- What? Seeking alternate sources of power
- Where? In the United States.
- When? In the 21st century.
- Why? Because of increased public demand
You don't have to use all of these, but they definitely can help narrow down a broad topic.
Thus, the broad topic of "energy" becomes "Alternative Sources of Power Developed by US Energy Companies in the 21st Century."
Even better, take this focus one step further. "Three Major Companies Using Wind Energy to serve Customers in the United States."
A good research paper topic will be easy to outline using three main sections.
30 Good Research Paper Topics for European History
- The Norman invasion of England
- Victory of William the Conquerer over the English King Harold II at Hastings.
- The Invention of Gunpowder: Roger Bacon’s Legacy
- Events that Started the Hundred Years War
- England and the Black Death
- The Turkish Capture of Constantinople
- Europe’s Artistic Renaissance: Painters and Sculptors
- Vasco de Gama and the Sea Route to India
- The Defeat of the Spanish Armada
- Construction and Architecture of Monasteries
- The Establishment British East India Company
- The Execution of Charles I: Causes and Effects
- Why Monarchy was Restored in England
- The Great Plague of England: Death Returns
- England’s Glorious Revolution
- Significance of The Battle of Blenheim
- Three Reasons for the Union of England and Scotland
- Injustices Leading to the French Revolution
- Organization and Daily life in Convents
- City Walls and Defenses
- Political and Social Effects of Nelson's Death
- Physical Conditions at the Battle of Trafalagar
- Unexpected Events at the Battle of Waterloo
- Napolean’s life on St. Helena
- Key Features of The Reforms Bill
- Queen Victoria’s first Years on the Throne of England
- The Opening of the Suez Canal
- Roentgen’s Discovery of X-Rays
- The Inventions of Marconi
- Scientific Advances and Medical Practices
25 Good Research Paper Topics for History: 1900–1950
- An Overview of Japan’s War with Russia
- How Japan Defeated Russia
- The Discovery of the Theory of Relativity by Einstein
- The Chinese Revolution
- Why the Republic of China Was Established
- Events that Caused the Beginning of World War I
- The Russian Revolution: People and Places
- How the End of World War I was Accomplished
- The Signing of the Treaty of Versailles
- The Formation of the League of Nations
- How Turkey Became a Republic
- Why Hitler Became the Chancellor of Germany
- The First 20 Days of the Spanish Civil War
- World War II: The Beginnings
- How Russia was Invaded by Hitler
- Events After Pearl Harbor was Invaded by Japan
- The Establishment of UNO
- The Final Days of World War II in France
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Effects of the Atom Bomb
- President Roosevelt’s Life and Death
- Three Major Events in China’s Civil War
- How Burma and Ceylon Gained Independence
- How Indonesia Gained Independence
- The Communist Ascension to Power in China
- The Japanese Geisha: Her Role Japanese Culture
25 Good Research Paper Topics for History: 1950–1970
- General Eisenhower: Critical Actions of His Presidency
- Stalin’s Death and its Effect on the Political Landscape
- The Team that Conquered Mt. Everest for the First Time
- The Conditions of the Military Aid Pact between China and Pakistan
- Chou En-lai’s Visit to India
- Austria’s Struggle for Independence
- The Bandung Conference
- President Nasser and the Nationalization of the Suez Canal
- Britain Attacks Egypt: Why it Happened
- The Connections Between France and Israel
- Russia’s First Artificial Satellite
- The United Arab Republic (UAR): Egypt and Syria United
- How the Chinese captured Tibet
- The Dalai Lama’s Escape to India
- The Design and Creation of Sputnik by Russia
- France and the Explosion of an Atom Bomb Device
- The First Man in Space: Yuri Gagarin of the USSR
- The Signing of the Partial Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty
- The Establishment of Malaysia
- The Life and Career of Sir Winston Churchill
- Singapore as a Sovereign Independent Nation
- The Russian Aircraft that Landed on the Moon.
- China and the Hydrogen Bomb
- The Arab-Israel War
- The Closing of the Suez Canal
25 Good Research Paper Topics for History: 1970–1980
- The Birth of Bangladesh
- Pakistan and the Surrender of 93,000 Troops
- The Death of Khruschev
- President Z.A. Bhutto of Pakistan
- The Incarceration of Prime Minister Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- Bangladesh: Critical Events 1970-1980
- Nixon’s Auspicious Visit to China
- King Mahendra of Nepal
- The Strategic Arms Limitations Treaty
- The Fourth Arab-Israeli war
- The Algiers Summit
- The Assassination of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, President of Bangladesh
- The Assassination of King Faisal of Saudi Arabia
- The Reopening of the Suez Canal
- The Red Cross and the Surrender of the Cambodia Government
- The Life and Times of Chou-En Lai, Prime Miniter of China
- The Independence of the Seychelles
- Viking I Mars Landing
- Israeli-Egypt Agreement
- Vietnam’s attack on Cambodia
- Afghanistan’s Bloody Coup
- The Assassination of Mohammed Daoud
- Chinese aggression in Vietnam
- Cambodian rebels in Pnom Penh
- Margaret Thatcher, First Female Prime Minister of Britain
TIP: How to Break Down Research Topics to Write Your Paper
A less obvious example is "Alternative Sources of Power Developed by US Energy Companies in the 21st Century." This paper can be divided by discussing three different alternative sources of power.
For example, one section can discuss how US energy companies have developed the use of wind power since the year 2000. The next section can discuss how the same energy companies have developed the use of solar power. The third section can describe how these companies have developed the use of wave/water energy.
The interesting thing about this topic is that it can also be divided a different way. The paper can describe three different energy companies and how each one is developing alternative sources of energy for customers.
The research paper topic is the same, but the focus and division of sections is different.
"Three Major Companies Using Wind Energy to Serve Customers in the Untied States" makes the division completely obvious from the start.
The paper can be divided into three sections, with one section devoted to each major company.
Within each section, the paper can outline how the company developed the use of wind energy and how it is using wind energy to serve US customers.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2018 Jule Romans
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
List of 100 U.S. and World History Topics Available for Free
Are you searching for history topics to use for an assignment? Sometimes it seems like developing great history essay topics can take several days. On the one hand, you want to research an idea that is challenging but on the other hand, you don’t want to make the assignment any harder than it has to be. Here is the best method for choosing great US history topics as well as a list of 100 great ideas for your consideration.
How Do I Choose A History Topic?
Students ask us this question all the time. The skills needed to develop history topics is difficult unless your teacher provides you with a pre-set from which to choose. Some of the techniques you can try are brainstorming, reading, and browsing blogs. You can also consider different approaches to answering the assignment prompt. All of these techniques can help you narrow your options to one or two U.S. history topics that can be used for a project of any length.
What Are Interesting History Topics?
Most United States history research paper topics that are interesting have common features: they push students to explore new areas or different theories and they thoroughly present an argument that makes a contribution to academic research. Students can spend years trying to figure out what makes for interesting history topics. We help to cut through this effort by putting together this list of 100 ideas to use for a research project or essay in a variety of subjects:
Topics To Write About For Black History Month
Here is a group of History research paper topics that should capture your audience’s attention. They are pulled from some of the most reputable history sites on the web:
- Why did it take so long for the American public to elect an African American President?
- Why do people still celebrate Black History Month when it should be a natural part of American History?
- Why is Harriet Tubman such an important person in American History?
- What role would you have played to help slaves escape?
- Why is Frederick Douglass such an important person in American History?
- How did the American Civil Rights movement improve race relations around the world?
- What role did George Washington Carver play in American History?
- What was it like to go to public schools before desegregation?
- What impact did President Obama’s election have on other countries?
- What can American’s learn by celebrating Black History Month?
American History Argumentative Essay Topics
Most American history research paper topics are for students that are more likely to be interested and invested in good topics for history research paper for a thesis project:
- What impact did the European colonization have on Native Americans in North America?
- How did the Indian Removal Act change the way the U.S. move toward Native Americans?
- Describe the reasons why taking a stand in history topics is still a necessary activity.
- What was the relationship Native Americans had with the environment?
- Explain the biggest theories behind the disappearance of the Colony of Roanoke.
- Describe the major arguments made between the Federalists and Anti-Federalists.
- What were the methods and goals of the early Utopian colonies?
- How did Manifest Destiny affect the way westward expansion became violent?
- Why did the American Congress pass the Indian Removal Act?
- How did the United States manage to provoke the Mexican War?
World History Topics For College-Aged Students
This list of World history research paper topics is meant for students that are learning interested in areas of the discipline that have not been studied commonly. Choosing a good topic is important for how to write a history thesis :
- How did the Salem Witch Trials affect religions around the world?
- Describe the reasons imperialism led to modern economic prosperity.
- How did the Mexican and American War affect global trade?
- What were the major causes of the 100 Years War?
- How did Medieval Crusades shape modern histories?
- Explain the South American colonization and its global impact.
- How did the Apartheid period impact global politics?
- Describe the events and causes that led to the Thirty Years War.
- What were the biggest military innovations between WWI and WWII?
- How European gender bias of the 1600s affect modern politics?
Conflict And Compromise History Topics
This list of conflict and compromise in history topics deals with issues currently in discussion on the web:
- Discuss how the Federalists and Anti-Federalists came to an agreement.
- What impact did John Brown’s attack on Harpers Ferry have in US history?
- The US and Mexican borders have shifted as a result of which agricultural conflict?
- How did the Battle of Pearl Harbor lead to U.S. and European relations?
- How was the Bush administration to blame for the damage Hurricane Katrina caused?
- What compromises did the Allies make at the Geneva Convention?
- What were the biggest reasons behind US involvement in Vietnam?
- Describe what the US had to concede after using atomic bombs.
- How did the Cotton Gin make it harder for the US to abolish slavery?
- How did British and American disagreements lead to military conflicts?
Triumph And Tragedy In History Topics
Do you need Interesting topics in history for a high school course? These ideas should be fine:
- How did some European countries rise to grow empires while others didn’t?
- Compare and contrast the military efforts of Churchill and Patton.
- Can Napoleon’s defeat in Russia be characterized as a tragedy?
- What were the major contributions to the U.S.’s victory over England?
- What were the possible causes of the Salem Witch Trials in the U.S.?
- What were the events leading to the Whiskey Rebellion of 1794?
- How did the Catholic Church contribute to the Spanish Inquisition?
- What was the U.S.’s reaction to the Jewish Holocaust?
- How did the Abolitionist Movement pave the way for the U.S. Depression?
- How did the Civil Rights Act of 1964 help today’s BLM movement?
Art History Research Paper Topics
History project topics dealing with the art throughout the centuries and their impact on culture:
- What does the art of Ancient Egypt symbolize about its culture?
- Are illuminated texts from the Middle Ages a form of art?
- Describe the influence medical science had on ancient sculptures.
- Explain the history of dramatic costumes in China and Japan.
- What impact did Christianity have on Renaissance art?
- How were Leonardo da Vinci’s early works influenced by the Bible?
- Is classical music the last veritable form of art?
- Why is Monet’s use of light in paintings influential?
- How does Salvador Dali inspire modern-day sculpture?
- Explain the modern architectural works of a major US city.
US History Regents Thematic Essay Topics
US history regents essay topics that are being discussed on the web today:
- What impact did the War of 1812 have on European diplomacy?
- What role did Ben Franklin have on the American Revolution?
- How did the War in Vietnam improve the living standards of its citizens?
- How did the American culture of the 60s inspire counter-culture in Europe?
- In what ways has American Foreign Policy changed in the last decade?
- How has President Trump affected the U.S.’s foreign relationships?
- What role did Alexander Hamilton play in the U.S.’s early government?
- What are the main reasons behind the dictatorships?
- What effects did the Cold War have on international diplomacy?
- How did the Russian Revolution influence labor movements in the U.S.?
Breaking Barriers in History Topics
Ten history paper topics that push the limits and are for a college or graduate-level course:
- How have political cartoons affected U.S. perception of movements?
- What does closing borders do to influence international perception?
- How has the urban experience been affected by labor laws?
- Discuss the impact the transcontinental railroad had on U.S. expansion.
- How has the American Indian Movement changed U.S. politics?
- Explain how the Kent State shootings created on-campus security.
- How did the Settlement House Movement in the U.S. affect neighborhoods?
- How did the Muckrakes change American journalism?
- How did the S.F. earthquake and fire in 1906 impact the Chinese community?
- What were the causes of the Springfield Race Riot of 1908?
Interesting History Topics For College Students
Interested in interesting us history topics? We’ve found that these ideas from discussions currently being held on the web:
- How did Abraham Lincoln’s assassination affect private security in the U.S.?
- How have relations between the U.S. and Russia changed in the 21 st century?
- Should people in the U.S. be allowed to place bans on historical enemies?
- Which events led to the Mexican-American War?
- Describe the legacy the American Civil War has had on domestic movements.
- What are the effects of the use of Agent Orange in the Vietnam War?
- What were the major factors leading to the U.S.’s entry to WWI?
- What were the reasons behind the passage of the Espionage Act of 1917?
- How did the Zimmermann Telegram affect U.S.-Mexican relations?
- How did the treatment of war prisoners in WWII lead to human rights movements?
More Interesting History Research Paper Topics
This list of interesting topics in US history is for younger students in college. They are simple enough for students at learning about this discipline:
- How did the relations between the two major parties change after the Reconstruction Era?
- Describe the major restorations made by the Union to improve Southern conditions.
- Explain the role women played during the American Civil War.
- What was the economic impact of the American Civil War?
- How did the U.S. manage to recover from the Great Depression of the 1930s?
- What has the rise in entrepreneurship meant to the U.S. economy?
- How did the Spanish Flu affect the way the U.S. takes care of its citizens?
- What were the major characteristics of the Hams and Eggs Movement?
- What caused the division in Christian values of the 20 th century?
- Why do monarchies still exist around the globe?
Get History Thesis Help Today
After looking at this list of US history research paper topics, it’s quite simple to see that the discipline is wide-ranging and incorporates a lot of diverse issues to discuss. While our US history essay topics can make it easier for you to find an idea that piques your interest, it can still be hard to settle on history research topics that fit your needs. This is why we recommend you give us a call so that one of our academic thesis writing experts can custom-write a list of topics to fit your needs. And we can do not just topics: we handle everything from one page essays to master thesis help . We’re available 24/7 all year round, so don’t hesitate to ask.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]
American history is not as long as the European one. However, it’s one of the richest histories in the world. It’s full of controversies, different opinions, and interesting facts. Those who study American history will find how many voices, perspectives and points of view can coexist. When you have to write an essay about America you should try to stay as objective as possible. Think creatively and consider the historic events from a new perspective. This abundance of information and events can intimidate anyone. That’s why it can be very challenging to select one single US history topic to write about. There are so many! To decide on it, students should answer several questions:
- What time period interests me the most?
- What specific event sounds the most appealing to me?
- What historical figure impresses me?
It is indeed a daunting task to attempt to put the remarkable story of the US into an essay list. Fortunately, we’re not trying to do so. Tired of researching historical encyclopedias? This is the perfect article for you – read through this collection of 123 US history essay topics prepared by our team .
🌎Top 10 American History Topics to Write about
- 🏗️ Topics before 1877
- 🌻 Topics: 1878-1899
- 🏙️ US Topics: 1900s
🧊 Cool American History Topics
- 🧐 US Regents Topics
- ✊ Black History Topics
🎉 Fun US History Essay Topics
👌 easy american history essay topics, ❓ us history essay questions, 📋 how to cite an american history essay, 💯 free us history essay topic generator.
- The 20th Century.
- America’s Role in Normandy Landings.
- Conquest of California.
- The Great Depression.
- USA: Colonial History.
- The Oregon Trail.
- African American Slave Trade.
- Who was Harriet Tubman?
- America in the Modern World.
- Klondike Gold Rush.
☝️ Good US History Topics by Period
This is the IvyPanda list of American history topics that can help students get inspired! We divided the history into the epochs and organized the US history essay topics accordingly. Besides, this US history topics list structured thematically. It, hopefully, will make it easier to navigate and get started. One of the best ways to look at history is to examine it from a chronological perspective. The topics you will in this section are structured based on the time period. Every period is filled with key events and figures. American society is the product of those events—it’s vital to have a closer look at it.
🏗️ History Topics before 1877
- America before Columbus . In this topic, you can talk about the first people in the Americas and what historians know about them. There are a lot of archeological findings and artifacts that survived thousands of years. Write about Christopher Columbus and how “the discovery” was not a discovery. The Americas have been inhabited and had developed civilizations long before Europeans put their foot there.
- The first landing of Christopher Columbus and the New World
- Christopher Columbus: Biography, Discoveries, Contributions . You can talk about Christopher Columbus and his biography. Track how his image has been changing throughout history. Modern historians see him as a person who contributed to the genocide of Native Americans. What is your opinion about him?
- The British Rule in the Americas and the first British Settlements. Explore the first permanent colony in North America and what English wanted the colonies to be. There were a lot of obstacles, which first settlers had faced before Jamestown became a prosperous city. They suffered from a shortage of food, severe climate conditions, and disease. Plus, there were problems with the Indians. Research what “the middle ground” was and why this concept is relevant to this topic.
- What is Puritanism?
- Puritans in Great Britain
- The Puritan Ethic in the United States . Who the Puritans were? Why were they sent to the New World? What were their religious beliefs? Explore the influence puritans had in the past. Is puritanism still relevant in the US today?
- The Effects of the Spanish Rule and The Conquistadors in the Americas. Spanish Colonization of the Americas laid foundations for the Latin American identity. It is also considered the very first mass genocide in the world. It is indeed a matter of perspective. You can talk about how the contact between the Native Americans and the Spaniards affected both parties.
- The Protestant Reformation and its influence on the US History. Religion was one of the main reasons why the first settlers decided to travel to the New World. Write about the connection between the freedom of religion in the US. What influence did it have on the nation as a whole in the future? Why is it crucial? How did it affect the lifestyle of people in the US?
- Native Americans and “the Middle Ground” . Not everyone knows that the famous Disney cartoon Pocahontas is based on the true story. If this story was told by a Native American, it would be different. In this essay, you can comment on the role that Native Americans played in the European Colonization. Elaborate on the disappearance of “the Middle Ground.”
- The beginning of slavery in British America and the Middle Passage. You can analyze the way this institution was established. Write about the factors that influenced it in the 17th century, try to include first-person accounts of slavery. Use the American Slave Narrative , for instance, Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa . This inclusion will demonstrate how inhumane slavery was and will open a good discussion.
- Christianity, slavery, and colonialism in the US
- The witchcraft trials . Elaborate on religious views of the New England public. How such views made it possible for more than 200 people to be accused of witchcraft. Discuss a Puritan code, the structure of the society, and what type of women were prosecuted.
- The Boston Tea Party as the key event of the American Revolution. The Boston Tea Party is a highly celebrated event in the history of the US. Discuss why is that? Why is it so important for the Americans? Talk about the birth of patriotism, resistance and the revolt against colonialism. What did the rebels mean by “taxation without representation?”
- The American Revolutionary War and the Declaration of Independence. This topic is one of the most popular in the history of the United States. First, you could write about a military battle with Great Britain and the reasons for it. Second, talk about political battles within the US at that period. Examine the establishment of the new nation.
- How the Revolutionary war changes American Society
- Why was the Declaration of Independence written?
- Was the American Revolution really revolutionary?
- The meaning of the Constitution. This is one of the most fruitful and fascinating debates in US history. Some people argue that it is written in a very vague way to allow American society to evolve. Others say that its text allows minorities to be deprived of the very things it promises to establish. Elaborate if you find the Constitution to be a liberal, radical, or a conservative document.
- Why the Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution. Talk about the first 10 amendments to the Constitution and explore why these amendments are so important. What did the amendments guarantee? Why was The Bill of Rights added to the Constitution in the first place?
- The Founding Fathers’ influence on the US. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence are sacred documents. The Founding Fathers are major figures for the Americans as well. Writing about the influence of the Founding Fathers, select one or two members to focus on. Consider the diversity among the members. How did it help the Founding Fathers in leading the war and framing a sustainable government?
- What is the role of the Founding Fathers in American society and religion?
- European Colonization influence on the Native American population
- Removal of Indian tribes. American History is unjust at times. Explore how unconstitutional the treatment of Indian Americans was and why they find it this way. Look at the way the Founding Fathers addressed this issue. Examining the Indian Removal Act of 1830 will allow you to fully develop this topic. Analyze why the policy was accepted in the first place. Why is it called “ethnic cleansing” by the majority of historians nowadays?
- Native Americans lost their freedom
- The impact of railroads in America. The rapid expansion of America would be impossible without the railroad construction. The railroads triggered the development of the Midwest and the West. Despite that, the construction of the railroads was highly monopolistic and undemocratic. Comment on the richest men in the US – John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, and Cornelius Vanderbilt.
- The role of cotton in the American economy. The American Economy in the 19th century heavily depended on cotton production. There was even a saying “Cotton is King” that was very popular at that time. Besides cotton, it heavily depended on the slaves. This period in American History is called the Antebellum Era. Look at the role of cotton from several perspectives. How profitable was it? How did slaves contribute to the American economy? How financially unviable was the abolition of slavery?
- History of American Transcendentalism.
- Why was Transcendentalism important for American Culture? The essay can start with a broad explanation of what transcendentalism is. Explain where it started and how it evolved. Explore what views the group had on women’s rights, slavery, education, government, and religion. You could write about the most prominent transcendentalists – Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry Thoreau.
- Religions in the 19th Century America. Known as the Second Great Awakening or Christian Revivalism, religion in the 19th century America was altered. Look back at the beginning of the American Revolution. Anglicans, Methodists, and Quackers were the fastest-growing religious groups then. Discuss all of them.
- The abolition of slavery and the Civil War . A lot of historians believe that slavery in itself did not cause the conflict. In this essay, you could elaborate on this idea and consider the other point of view. For a long essay, write about Abraham Lincoln’s thoughts on slavery. His ideas about slavery and racial inequality were one of the most discussed aspects of his entire life. Look at his letters and write about the complexity of his views.
- The causes of the Civil War and the aftermath of war. This essay is one of the easiest American history essays to write. Talk about the causes and effects of the Civil War (1861-1865) in the US. Why did it happen? What was achieved?
- The struggle over the goal and the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment . You can elaborate on the goal of the amendment. Was it able to protect the rights of black citizens? Why was it still possible for the states to deny them their right to vote?
- How did Reconstruction change the United States after the Civil war?
- The Reconstruction governments. What type of reforms did the reconstruction government implement? What positive reforms happened during the Reconstruction Era? You could discuss radical reconstruction and white supremacy that spawned during the Reconstruction period. Elaborate on the idea of manifest destiny. Why was it so popular in the 19th century in the US?
- The Compromise of 1850 . Why was reaching the compromise necessary? You can describe the terms of the compromise. Explain what results were achieved: political, economic, and cultural.
🌻 American History 1878-1899
The United State was going through a lot of change during this time period. From various social changes, changes in foreign and domestic policies, to rapid economic and cultural changes. This time saw the country changing for the best in some aspects and for the worst in others.
- Industrialization after the Civil war. Industrialization of the United States was going on for almost half a century. However, the most impressive growth happened in 1880-1900. The expansion of the steel, iron and oil industries drove the American economy. Comment on all the inventions, technological advancements that happened in the US at that time.
- Immigrants and their ideas of the American Dream
- Social reforms during the Progressive Era
- American Foreign Policy in the 1890s
- The importance of the Progressive Era reforms
- Race relations during the Progressive Era reforms
- Japanese Americans Immigration in the 19th century
🏙️ 20th Century US History Topics
The 20th century for the United States and the world, in general, was extremely eventful. Economic crises, two World Wars, the Cold War, the fight over civil rights. Plus, a huge economic and technological upheaval, the space program. This list of American History topics after 1900 can be great for those looking for inspiration for a paper. Here you go:
- The door to America— Ellis Island. What are America’s best features? Economic opportunities, political and religious freedom? An abundance of jobs and opportunities? Land and natural resources? All of these made the United States experience the migration flux from all over the world. Elaborate on how Ellis island is a symbol of American immigration and the American dream.
- The rise of capitalism
- Work environments during the Progressive Era
- Women’s suffrage movement in America
- The causes and effects of women’s suffrage movement in the US
- Changes in American Government after WWI
- Is prohibition to blame for the organized crime in The United States?
- The economic impact of the Great Depression. The Great Depression is one of the longest economic downturns in the history of the United States. You can talk about several main causes of the crisis. Another good approach would be to analyze the way American presidents handled this crisis.
- Japanese American discrimination during the Great Depression
- How did Roosevelt plan to end the Great Depression?
- The Great Depression and what is the new deal?
- The Role of the United States during World War 2
- Why did the United States fight and lose the Vietnam War?
- The war in Vietnam and the Civil Rights Movement
- A Comparison of the traditional and the revisionist arguments regarding the Origins of The Cold War
- The Cold War and US diplomacy
- The Cold War and how it influenced American society
History is tough but some significant historic events take our breath away even centuries later. Here is our list of cool American history topics. Even if you don’t find any topic that works for you, it can inspire you to look for moments in history that appeal to you personally.
- The true Story of Pocahontas: An untold story of a Native American girl. The true story of Pocahontas is covered with myths. Critically examine the story of her life and death. Try to understand it from a standpoint of a 12 years old Native American girl kidnapped by a white colonizer.
- Native American tribes in the US History
- What was discussed at the Constitutional Convention?
- The history of the Statue of Liberty
- Henry Ford and how his inventions changed America
- Moon landing conspiracy
- The war on drugs in US History
- Illegal immigrants in the US
- The American sense of humor
- American pop culture in the 1920s . This time period is called “the roaring twenties.” It was filled with drastic political and cultural changes in the United States. Jazz, flapper culture, prohibition, and economic abundance are important elements of the 1920s.
- The history of gangs in the US
- What did hippies believe in?
- History of Hippie’s Culture
- Presidential assassinations in the United States History. Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, and JFK were the only US Presidents murdered while in office. You don’t have to retell the stories of their deaths! Instead, explore how these assassinations triggered some vital political reforms.
- The history of the Fifth Amendment
🙌 Most Interesting American History Topics
Use the following list of most interesting US History topics for your next essay. Choose what US history interesting event or a historic figure captures your attention the most.
🧐 US History Regent Topics
- The Relationships Between Federal and State Governments
- Was there a need to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- The Cold War: Origins, Causes, Phases, and the Results
- Why and How the Cold War Was Fought
- The US Army in the Iraq War
- The Iraq War: Background and Issues
- Why did the Iraq War go against the plan?
- Executive Orders and Presidential Power in the United States
- History of the American Constitution
- The Turning points of the American Revolution
✊ Black History Essay Topics
Studying the history of the United States without studying slavery is impossible. Mainly because the issue of race is ingrained into the DNA of America. Black African American history allows students to get a different perspective on the same events. It lets them hear the voices that are so often erased from the history books. These African American history essays can help anyone who is looking for a good topic to write about.
- Slave Resistance in the Eighteen Century. Continuously throughout history, African American slaves were portrayed as voiceless and victimized. Others presented them as almost indifferent and passive to their own destiny. You can examine a different perspective, an Afrocentric one. The history of slavery was not the history of passivity, it was a history of black resistance.
- African American Music as a Form of Resistance
- African American Religion and Spirituality in the United States
- The 13th Amendment and the End of Slavery
- The Jim Crow Laws in the United States History . Jim Crow Laws were the laws that enforced racial segregation in the country. Dedicate an introduction to discuss where the name “Jim Crow” comes from. Give a historical background to how the laws were used. This topic can make a strong essay because no one can stay indifferent.
- Gender and Jim Crow
- The Role of Martin Luther King, Jr in The Civil Right Movement
- Martin Luther King’s speech “I have a dream”
- Brown vs The Board of Education . The ruling in Brown vs. The Board of Education was one of the most fundamental changes in the US educational system. How did the general public receive the news about the desegregation of public schools? How did the American educational system change after this case?
- The Significance of the Harlem Renaissance
- Barack Obama: The First African American President
- Barack Obama’s healthcare reforms
- Has Obama’s Presidency changed America?
- The Cowboy Culture in the US
- How Did Yellow Journalism Start?
- Why is Superman the most American of all the heroes?
- The History of American Flag
- History of Sports in the United States
- History of Thanksgiving Turkey in the United States
- How Did Highways Change the United States of America?
- American History through Hollywood Film
Sometimes you simply do not have enough time to write a profound essay. These American history topics are relatively easy and you don’t have to research them a lot. Even if you do, there is a ton of information available.
- British Colonization of the Americas
- Slavery and racism in the United States
- The Puritans Influence on the American Society
- The pilgrims and the puritans
- The Causes of the Vietnam War
- Why Was Martin Luter King Assassinated?
- American Moon Landing
- What Are Major Events in the US History?
- What Started the US History?
- What Is the Most Important Piece of the US History?
- What Is the US History Summary?
- What City Was the First Capital in the US History?
- What Was the First American State in the US History?
- What Are Some Controversies in the US History?
- How Far Was the New Deal a Turning Point in the US History up to 1941?
- How the Airplane Industry Changed US History?
- What Was President Reagan Known For in the US History?
- How Reagan’s Ideology Shaped the US History?
- Why Is the Reagan Revolution in the US History?
- How Richard Nixon Influenced the US History?
- What Vietnam War Showed About US History?
- Did the Concept of Imperialism Exist in the US History?
- Why Did the Wars in the Middle East Go Down in the US History as Unnecessary?
- What Is the Most Popular Ideology in the US History?
- How Does the US History Describe George W. Bush?
- How Did the Use of Nuclear Weapons in Japan Affect the US History?
- What Are Some Horrible and Forgotten Events in the US History?
- Is Donald Trump the Second Worst President in the US History?
- What Was the Biggest Political Miscalculation in the US History?
- Who Is the Most Overrated First Lady in the US History?
- How Well Do US History Teachers Really Know About the US History?
- Who Was the Wimpiest President in the US History?
- Who Are Some of the Great Asian Americans in the US History?
- What Was the Most Corrupt Time in the US History?
- What Was the Bloodiest Single Day Battle in the US History?
- Who Is the Greatest Hero in the US History?
- How Did King Philip’s War Change the US History?
- In-text citation. In this method, you mention the author and the year in the body of the essay. The list of references is placed at the end of the essay.
- Footnote Referencing. In this method, you put a number in the body. It corresponds with the reference at the bottom of each page. At the end of the essay, a list of works read rather than cited should be included.
Remember: All the citation entries should be listed in alphabetical order. If you mention the same author multiple times with different works, use chronological order. Keeping track of all the sources both read and cited is time-consuming. For that students can try to use different online software systems. These systems can help to arrange the list in alphabetical order and organize all the citations correctly.
These digital tools are worth checking out:
Thank you for reading so far! Now you’re ready to start an amazing paper on US history. Share this article with those who may find it helpful and leave a comment below.
- U.S. History and Historical Documents: USAGov, the Official Guide to Government Information and Services
- All Topics: National Museum of American History
- TIMELINE, United States History: World Digital Library
- How Do I Cite Sources: Plagiarism.org
- Citing Primary Sources, Chicago: Teacher Resources, Library of Congress
- Black History, Topical: National Archives
- Black History, People, Facts & Quotes: Biography
- Black History Month: National Geographic Society
- College Writing: The Writing Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Writing Historical Essays, A Guide for Undergraduates: Department of History, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Writing an Essay Introduction: Research & Learning Online
- Research and Citation Resources: Purdue Writing Lab, College of Liberal Art
- Citing Your Sources, Citing Basics: Research Guides at Williams College Libraries
- Citing Electronic Sources: Academic Integrity at MIT, a Handbok for Students
- Generate Topic Ideas Quickly and Easily: Online Research Library Questia
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2022, September 8). 153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/us-history-essay-topics/
IvyPanda. (2022, September 8). 153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/us-history-essay-topics/
"153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]." IvyPanda , 8 Sept. 2022, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/us-history-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]." September 8, 2022. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/us-history-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]." September 8, 2022. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/us-history-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . 2022. "153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]." September 8, 2022. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/us-history-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2022) '153 US History Topics [2020 US History Essay Ideas]'. 8 September.
- California History Essay Titles
- African American History Essay Ideas
- Modern History Topics
- Canadian History Topics
- Ancient History Topics
- European History Essay Titles
- Economic Growth Research Ideas
- Colonization Essay Ideas
- Political Parties Research Ideas
- Culture Topics
- Demography Paper Topics
- Financial Crisis Paper Topics
- Ethnographic Paper Topics
- Obamacare Questions
- Urbanization Ideas
American History Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
Published 14 July 2021
Fresh research paper topics on American History from My Research Topics perfectionist are written here below for graduates. There are college students who fail to manage optimum time for every research paper assignment and thus need help with research paper topics.
Under such circumstances, the given list of topics is going to be the best solution for students assigned a research paper and essay on American history. When you have these topics from the scholars of My Research Topics it becomes easier to start writing a research paper introduction after drafting a good research paper outline .
Looking For Custom Research Topics & Ideas
Research paper topics ideas on the american dream.
College students who are writing their research papers on the American dream assigned by the professors can write it easily on the innovative topic given here. When you will be writing your research proposal on fresh topics no one is going to reject your idea at any cost.
- Why did British people set an American dream and laid the discovery of America?
- What were the main pillars upon which the American dream was based and examples that reveal its failure?
- What are the major examples that prove the failure of the American dream completely?
- Can we say that flourishing of the weapon industry in America is a big slap on the existentialism of the American dream?
- How the contemporary British and other English literature depict the American dream in poetry, prose, and other forms like painting?
Best Research Topics for Graduates on American History of Slavery
Go through these topics on the American history of slavery and write your research paper before the deadline approach you. A good topic like given in the list always inspires college students to write the best research paper outline and rest of the paper.
- Why the slaves of America were not happy with the abolishment of slavery?
- How slavery came into existence in America and how they were treated by the masters?
- Different major texts of American literature show the plight of slaves who used to be imported and exported usually.
- What were the major movements that lead to the abolishment of slavery in America?
- Can we trace the roots of black Americans to the descent of slave ancestors?
Topics for Research on the History of American literature
My Research Topics professionals have prepared a new list of research topics on the history of American literature for graduates here. Do not take this list casually and give supreme importance to sift out a topic form below to write a research paper.
- How the history of American art is reflected through literature?
- What are the major sculptures of America that show the rapid growth of the country in a short period of time?
- How is the American Civil war is depicted in the literature by different writers?
- Major traditions of America exist only in literary books and not in the present time.
- What were the major causes behind the coming of Women’s suffrage in America and its reflection in literature?
Also Have a Look: World History Research Paper Ideas for Free
Unique research paper topics on History of American Diaspora
If you want to start your research paper on the History of American Diaspora in a professional way the first thing is to ensure the best topic for it. Once you have a unique topic idea for your paper it becomes easier to write it from introduction to the research paper conclusion successfully.
- Why America has the largest number of Diaspora when compared to other countries of the world?
- What were the difficulties confronted by the Diaspora people in America?
- Effect of slavery on the Diaspora of America and how they were treated like an alien by the native white Americans?
- Do American Diasporas get similar rights to that of American Civilian in the History of America?
- Is it true that Americans allowed the freedom of religion to worship any God apart from Christ?
Research paper writing service is given by My Research Topics experts to those college students who fail to complete it on their own. If you are unable to write a research paper on American history owing to a lot of pending work then this help is going to be very useful for you. Just ask the experienced writers to write my research paper on American history and take the benefit of good scores from professors.
Argumentative research papers, persuasive research papers on American history, and all other types of research papers are written by the research paper writers. The research paper citation help can also be possible from the website of My Research Topics. So never miss the chance to set a new record in research paper score by taking the best services from scholars.
Stuck During Your Dissertation
Our top dissertation writing experts are waiting 24/7 to assist you with your university project,from critical literature reviews to a complete PhD dissertation.
Other Related Topics
- Business Research Proposal Topics For College Students
- Latest Exploratory Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
- Interesting Research Ideas For College Students 2023
- Interesting Presentation Ideas 2023
- Research Paper Topics & Ideas about Diseases
- Latest Human Sexuality Research Paper Ideas 2023
- Human Rights Research Paper Ideas for USA Students
- Hospitality Industry Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
History Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
- Trending Research Paper Ideas for High School Students 2023
Recent Research Topic Idea for 2023
World History Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
Get 15% off your first order with my research topics.
Connect with a professional writer within minutes by placing your first order. No matter the subject, difficulty, academic level or document type, our writers have the skills to complete it.
UP TO 25 % DISCOUNT
Get Your Research Paper Completed At Lower Prices
My Research Topics is provides assistance since 2004 to Research Students Globally. We help PhD, Psyd, MD, Mphil, Undergrad, High school, College, Masters students to compete their research paper & Dissertations. Our Step by step mentorship helps students to understand the research paper making process.
Research Topics & Ideas
- College Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
- Research Topics & Ideas On Electronics Communication Engineering
- Cyber Security Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
- Research Paper Topics & Ideas On Health And Social Care
- Media Research Paper Topics & Ideas For Students 2023
- Research Topic Ideas for Kids 2023 – Elementary , 5th Grader
- Eating Disorder Research Paper Topics & Ideas 2023
- DPhil vs PhD – Differences Explained
- Discourse Analysis Research Methodology – Meaning, Uses and Procedure
- Research Findings – Objectives , Importance and Techniques
- Qualitative & Quantitative Research Method Differences [Tabular Explanation]
- Mediator Variables – Conceptual Framework
Disclaimer: The Reference papers provided by the Myresearchtopics.com serve as model and sample papers for students and are not to be submitted as it is. These papers are intended to be used for reference and research purposes only.
434 Interesting History Research Topics You Might Consider
Table of Contents
What are History Research Topics?
Just like any other college student of the United States, perhaps, you might also find history assignments tough and challenging. Possibly, constant brainstorming of extensive subjects and exploring lengthy books might add to the reason of making the subject uninteresting. Also, unique and interesting history research topics might give another important reason for students to fail writing history research assignments. However, if the students choose their topics correctly, then the history research topics selected might influence its author automatically.
Furthermore, the topic will appear interesting for the target audience, and the chance of scoring good marks might also increase when students get online research or history dissertation help . Besides, your history research paper might explore both primary and secondary sources of a particular period. Subsequently, your key task might involve an argumentative thesis statement development for your paper and research comprehensively.
How to Use History Research Topics?
Specifically, you might face challenges in choosing your research path as you might want to highlight your research skills and knowledge.
- Firstly, a subject might interest you because the readers will enjoy responding to the writer’s feelings.
- Secondly, you might also want to choose a narrow topic, for instant, it’s not advisable to select Ancient Rome in general. Instead, you might choose an emperor from that period and discuss its educational, economic, and religious aspects.
- Thirdly, you might hold a comparison between the social and political systems of various countries. Also, you might consider describing a battle precisely and concisely.
How to Write History Research Topics?
Accordingly, you might want to ensure that you have an access to authentic sources for writing your paper . Also, to evaluate your source’s effectiveness, you might even consult your professor to prevent any major mistakes in your paper. Besides, your professor might create a literature list or offer assistance for modifying your paper. Furthermore, a library is another good informational source, however, if you choose the internet, ensure your source is trustworthy. Alternatively, if you choose movies or books, it might not serve as a good source, because it is mostly fictitious.
We also provide speedy Ireland assignment help service to the students who have a shortage of time in submitting their assignments. Our assignment experts ensure that the students achieve the best grade.
List Of History Research Topics
Simple history research topics.
- Life of the peasants in Medieval Europe.
- Western world and the social stratification.
- World War I and World War II- A comparative analysis.
- The Byzantine Empire Development.
- Japan and China- Recent historical developments.
- Jamaican history and violent events.
- South Africa apartheid.
- Significant events- Ottoman Empire.
- Impact of nuclear weapons on the world military clashes.
- Japanese history and the role of Shogun.
- Women’s Rights Movement- Key achievements in the past century.
- Lessons from the World Wars- Review.
- Ancient conquests and their impact on modern world map development.
- Common impacts of Roman, Egyptian, and Greek cultures.
- Salem Witch Trials.
Basic History Research Topics
- Pearl Harbor.
- Women’s suffrage revolution.
- Abolitionist movement.
- American Indian Movement.
- History of Mughal Empire
- The Rise and Fall of Mongol Empire
- American Civil War
- The French Revolution (1789 – 1799)
- The Russian Revolution (1917)
- The Haitian Revolution (1791 – 1804)
- Sumerian Culture and Traditions.
- Intellectuals in the Middle Ages
- The Middle Ages is the period of discovery. Why?
- How did the New Deal bring America out of the Depression?
- European colonization and its impact on the Native Americans.
World History Research Topics
- Mexican war- Causes and consequences.
- Earthquake and fire- San Francisco.
- The westward expansion of transcontinental railroads.
- Settlement house movement.
- Kent State shooting.
- Critically review the Baby Boomers- (1950 to 2021).
- George Custer, Buffalo Bill, and Wyatt Earp- Reality in the West versus the Legends.
- Imperialism in the 19 th and 20 th century- Justification.
- African American soldier’s discrimination in the Union army.
- Role of Colonial American women in the revolution- Discuss the republican mother.
- Martin Luther King Jr. – Assassination.
- Sacco- Vanzetti case.
- Harpers Ferry- John Brown’s raid.
- Conflicts, strikes, and labor unions in the 18 th
Research Topics on World History
- Federalists versus anti-federalists- Critically analyze.
- The history of Chinese Communist Revolution
- The 20 th Century – The Bloodiest Ear of American History
- Gutenberg’s Press and its importance
- Battle at sea and in the air during WWI: Comparison
- Japanese – American Internment during WWII
- Truman’s Moral Courage and Political Risks in American History
- The Roosevelt administration and the events of the Holocaust
- Civil war and the New York draft riots.
- California’s gold rush movement.
Constructive History Research Topics
- Containment policy- Truman.
- American society development- Role of the Mormons.
- Democratic Convention in Chicago- 1968.
- The D-Day invasion.
- The Underground Railroad.
- 9/11 attacks- Review.
- U-2 incident.
- Job and Freedom of 1963- March on Washington.
- Black Sox Scandal- Review.
- The Cuban missile incident.
Amazing History Research Topics
- Galveston hurricane.
- The Whiskey Rebellion in 1794.
- Battle of Midway.
- Manhattan Project.
- Great Society- Lyndon Johnson.
- People’s move to the West, despite the risks- Explain the Oregon Trail.
- Spanish American War and Yellow journalism.
- The Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
- Civil war and the North-South confrontation- Causes.
- Nat Turner’s rebellion.
- The Industrialization in Britain and France 1750 -1870
- History of Great Depression
- The necessity of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Industrialization effects on social movements in the USA
- Theories- The colony of Roanoke disappearance.
Good Scoring History Research Topics
- Limitations of the Articles of Confederation- Role of the constitution in its elimination.
- Impact of the Dawes Act on the Native American and United States policy.
- Courtly love.
- Black Death- Black plague.
- The renaissance period- Analyze the life of a woman.
- Medieval philosophy.
- Medieval warfare.
- Islamic Empire.
- Hundred-year war.
- Justinian I- Byzantine Empire.
- Life of a woman in the medieval age.
- Medieval Universities.
Some History Research Paper Topics for Students
- Medieval Laws.
- Papal Monarchy.
- Crimean war.
- 18 th century Europe.
- Industrial revolution.
- Napoleonic war.
- Outstanding inventions of Christopher Columbus.
- The Medicis dynasty.
- Analyzing Vienna’s Congress.
- Revolution of 1948.
- Age of Reason.
- 30 Years War (1618-1648).
- War propaganda.
- The key World War 1 battles and their causes.
Good – Quality History Research Topics
- Discuss the Watergate Scandal
- War between Russia and Ukraine
- Discuss briefly about the Indo-China War 1967
- The Manchu Conquest of China
- Anglo-Zanzibar War
- What was the longest war fought by America?
- Fall of the United States in Vietnam
- Research and knowledge in art and design
- Representing freedom with art during the Civil War in the United States
- Lawrence of Arabia- Discuss.
- Treaty of Versailles.
- Diplomatic history- World War I.
- Gallipoli Campaign.
- Nazi Germany.
- Causes of World War II.
Trending History Research Topics
- Allied occupation in Japan.
- Holocaust survivor.
- Holocaust and the children.
- Hibakusha- Atomic bomb survivor.
- World War II- Eastern front.
- Joseph Goebbels propaganda.
- Nuremberg trials.
- World War II- Home front.
- Katyn Forest Massacre.
- Atlantic Wall.
- Letters and diaries of World War II.
- Battle of Britain.
- The largest concentration campaign.
- Battle of Bulge.
Read also: Best World History Topics for Dissertations you Might Consider
Exemplary History Research Topics
- Hitler and his appeasement.
- Diplomatic history of World War II.
- Greek theater evolution.
- Mesopotamian Art.
- Greek canons and Egyptian of proportion.
- Influence of ancient Greek sculpture on modern art.
- Scythian adornments of gold.
- Buddhist art.
- Comparative study between Buddhist and Tibetan art.
- US religion and ideology from the global perspective
- Political ideology in American society
- History of Identity Politics
- The Great Wall of China.
- Traditional costumes of China and Japan.
- Cambodian art- Religious motifs.
Modern Research Topics for History
- Indian art and the Islamic ascendancy.
- Indian art and the impact of Hinduism.
- Women’s clothing- Renaissance period.
- Literature of the medieval period.
- Medieval period’s drama.
- Renaissance Italy and domestic art introduction.
- Music in the medieval period.
- Gothic architecture.
- Raphael’s painting.
- Cameo appearance- Explain.
- Romantic literature- Medieval period.
- Medieval theater history.
- Renaissance literature.
- Christian symbols and Renaissance art.
- Italian painting- Birth and infancy of Christ.
Complete List of History Research Paper Topics for Exam
- Islamic states and Venice- Diplomacy, religion, and business exchange.
- Armor and arms in Renaissance Europe.
- Ceramics in French Renaissance.
- Bernard Palissy – The Prophet of Modern Ceramic Art
- French Renaissance and Ceramics.
- Flemish and Dutch artists in Rome- 1500-1600.
- Renaissance and the bronze sculptures.
- European paintings and Botanical images.
- Revolution of Global Entertainment Industry
- Modern dress versus classical art.
- Neoclassical sculptures.
- Edgar Degas and the dancing paintings.
- Paul Gauguin and the savage art.
- Decorative art and exoticism.
- Neo-impressionism and Georges Seurat.
Unique History Research Topics
- Lithography in the 19 th
- Baroque and Rococo- A comparative analysis.
- Jackson Pollock’s art.
- Harlem Renaissance.
- Political cartoons and Thomas Nast.
- Kinetic art.
- Development of Pablo Picasso’s painting.
- Painting symbols and Frida Kahlo.
- Dau-al –Set movement.
- Baroque architecture.
- Louis David- Legacy of Jacques.
- French photography and industrialization after 1860.
- Marquis de Sade’s novel.
- Gestapo- Exploring the atrocities.
Exclusive History Research Topics
- Rothschild dynasty.
- Medieval- Economic history.
- Madison versus Marbury case- Impact on the judicial system.
- Julius Rosenburg and Ethel- Describe them as a spy.
- Ancient Greece power versus ancient Rome.
- Elaborate on Ancient Rome’s police.
- What is considered the Eighth Wonder of the world?
- Taj Mahal – The Seventh Wonder of the world
- Civilian life in Ancient Rome.
- Alexander the Great was the best leader in the world.
- Ancient Rome and the Gladiatorial games.
- Potent military in ancient history.
- Protests and demonstrations in ancient times.
- Rome, Greece, and Egypt- Compare their ancient history.
- Ancient Greece and the voting system- Myth versus the facts.
History Research Topics for the Professionals
- Middle Ages and the interfaith marriages.
- Medieval Europe and the city development.
- Significance of Quran in the Medieval Europe.
- Middle Ages and the intellectual life.
- Popular crimes in the Middle Age.
- The Middle Ages as a discovery period- Review.
- Rise of the great monarchies.
- The decline of feudalism.
- Maritime discoveries.
- Advancement of civilization.
- England under the Stuarts.
- Rise of the Dutch republic.
- Significant people of the 16 th
- The History and Architecture of the Great Pyramid of Giza
- Fall of Rome
Popular History Research Topics
- Queens and Kings of Britain.
- Muslims in Europe.
- Seven Years War.
- Political engagement of Muslims in Europe.
- Europe and the Islamic challenges.
- Early Modern Europe.
- Europe and its 18 th -century politics.
- The rise of the Eastern powers.
- Economic history of Europe.
- United States election history.
- US Navy and its brief history.
- Hot war and the cold war Review.
- WWI in America- Analyze its terror trophies.
- United States history- People of the 17 th
- US democracy and its peculiarity.
Outstanding History Research Topics
- Schooner Nancy in the 1812 war.
- Role of the New Deal- Pulling America out of the Depression.
- The Townshend Act.
- War letters and the American revolutionary.
- Federalist Era in the United States.
- Lives of the Americans during the revolution.
- Colonial newspapers and their problems.
- History of Mesopotamia
- Development of Egyptian civilization
- American Revolution and the social conflicts.
- International impact of the American Revolution.
- Battle of Gettysburg.
- European Civil War.
- Appomattox Campaign.
- Battle of Antietam.
Top-Notch History Research Topics
- Battle of Fredericksburg.
- Spotsylvania Court House battle.
- Reasons and impact of the World War I and II
- WWI and its human cost.
- Sarajevo and his assassination in WWI.
- WWI and Entangling Alliances.
- Holocaust victims of WWI.
- Africa and the WWII.
- Holocaust and the church.
- How Germany resisted Hitler in WWII.
History Research Topics on the Cold War
- WWII and its diplomacy.
- Enlist the countries involved in the Cold War.
- The Cold War –Reasons and Lessons
- Policies and positions of America and Canada during the Cold War
- Global order of the Cold War.
- Cold War as a period of fear- Do you agree?
- Impact of the Cold War on popular culture.
- United Nation’s role in the Cold War.
- The reducing influence of Europe during the Cold War.
- The Cold War and McCarthy Era
- The Berlin Airlift and Berlin Wall
Miscellaneous History Research Topics
- US Catholic president and his making.
- Franklin Roosevelt and his companion.
- The Mixed Legacies of Ronald Reagan.
- Political risks and moral courage in American History- Truman’s perspective.
- 20 th and 21 st century- American History.
- Social Revolutions in America.
- Europeans versus the Native Americans.
- Regulating the New Nation.
- Industrialists and the inventors of the conventional world.
- The American Nation and the cost of industrialization.
History Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Great American West and its adjustment.
- Immigrants of the 21 st century- State the US policies.
- Impact of industrialization on the social revolution of the USA.
- Art history versus Art Studio?
- History and Religion- Analyze the art philosophy.
- Art history- A critical introduction.
- US art history versus politics.
- Author Frank Stella and modern artists- Life analysis.
- The Cuban Missile Crisis 1962
- History behind Olympic games
Read more: 100 Best Art History Thesis Topics for Students and Professionals
- Persian Art and Culture
- Art history and semiotics.
- Alois Riegl’s theory and its history.
- Art and Design- Research and knowledge.
- Formal religion of America- Ideology.
- Religious communication and American politics- Discuss the history.
- American society and the political ideology.
- Identity politics and its history.
- Politics and religion of America- How to segregate both successfully?
- America and its new religion.
History Research Topics for University Students
- Analyzing US politics and ideology from an international perspective.
- Explore the most dominant US ideology.
- Immigration in America- Discuss its history.
- Evaluate the historic trends of immigration to America.
- American immigration- State the argument.
- Immigration trends over the years- Evaluate.
- History, trends, and facts of Immigration to the USA.
- American country and immigration before 1965.
- Historical overview of immigration policy.
- US immigration- Discuss the timeline.
Unavoidable History Research Topics
- Egyptian art and culture
- History of the United States
- Immigration reforms in the USA- Analyze the history.
- Soviet zone during the WWI- Treatment of Women.
- The decline of the Nazis and Hitler- Analyze the situation of Germany.
- Spanish Inquisition and moral justification.
- The Six Days War- A preemptive strike or an aggressive act?
- Did the Native Americans resist assimilation? True or False.
- The decline of Constantinople- Is it the saddest moment in the history of mankind?
- British press freedom in the 19 th
- Niccolo Machiavelli- Father of political science. True or False?
- Nationalism was a significant problem of the 20 th
- Asian Soviet Union countries and their history.
- Excellent presidential speeches of the 20 th
- Balkan war and its impact on the European map.
Mixed-Bag History Topics
- Causes and evidence of abolishing slavery in the USA.
- Background and cause of Rwandan genocide.
- United States revolutionary leaders.
- Impact of British rule in India.
- Adolf Hitler- Rise to power.
- Rise and fall of the Roman Empire- Causes and evidence.
- Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans- Government’s response.
- Cleopatra’s decline in Egypt- Analyze its causes.
- Figures and facts of the Iran-Contra Scandal.
- Evolution and changes in Japan over the years.
- Afghanistan and the US’s involvement.
- Great Recession.
- Immortality and Death in Ancient Egypt.
- Patriot Act- Review and Evaluate.
- Prehistoric Britain and the role of woman.
History Research Topics for the Experts
- History of Palestine.
- Reasons for social inequality.
- Causes of Syrian Conflict.
- Key figures of Atlanta Campaign.
- Aftershocks of the Cold War.
- Ancient Rome and the bridal ceremonies.
- Spain and Britain’s war of the sea.
- Mary Chestnut’s personality.
- Crusades and religions.
- Mexican-American War.
- Homestead Act.
- Facts and controversies of the Civil War.
- Medieval Europe and social relationships.
- Europe literacy in the 19 th
Sophisticated History Research Topics
- Arnhem battle.
- Attu Battle.
- Black Code.
- Civil Rights Movement of 1964.
- Origin of the Black History Month.
- Bunker Hill Battle.
- RFK Speech.
- Anne Frank’s diary.
- Cultural traits and the Black History legends.
- Exploring the Interwar period.
- Independence Declaration 1776.
- Saratoga Battle.
- Long Island Battle.
- Camden Battle.
- Princeton battles and the Trenton.
- Benedict Arnold.
- Boston tea party.
- Dictatorship and its causes.
- Cause and effects of the Nuclear Age.
- Prophet Muhammad and Hadith
- Seleucid-Mauryan War
- Comparative analysis of the Gallipoli Campaign and Trojan War
- Uprising democratic movement.
- Impact of Chicano movement.
- Veterans Day history.
- American Imperialism- Role of McKinley.
- Organized crime- American society 1920.
- Causes of economic depression.
- Charles Cornwallis.
History Research Topics List for Assignments
- South America and its religious practices.
- Black Codes.
- Role of the Civilians in strategic battles.
- Battle of Kursk- Strategy.
- Mid- Tudor Crisis- Analysis.
- Gender bias in England- 19 th
- Rise of Empiricism in Europe.
- Cause and Effect- History before 1877.
- Alabama Claims and its causes.
- Syrian conflict and its causes.
- Central Anatolia- Water Sources Value.
- Sumerian culture and its customs.
- Analyzing the Near Eastern Civilizations.
New History Research Paper Topics for Academics
- Role of a woman in prehistoric Britain.
- History of mathematics in India
- History of medicine and surgery in India
- History of poetry
- Ancient Medical Treatments in Greece
- History of Soviet Union
- Comparison between Hindu art and literature and Islamic art and literature
- Comparison between ancient architecture in India and Rome
- The pandemic of plague (6th century – 8th century)
- 1918 Flu (1918-1920)
- Environmental Effects Of The Industrial Revolution.
- Why The Cotton Gin’s Development Was Important For The Industrial Revolution
- Before and during the Industrial Revolution, iron was produced.
- The Effects Of The Industrial Revolution On The Working Class, Both Positive And Negative.
- Comparing the American and European industrial revolutions
History research topics for University:
- During the Industrial Revolution, there was child labor.
- An overview of the factories’ working conditions during the Industrial Revolution.
- Public Education And The Impact Of The Industrial Revolution
- Political Risks in American History and Truman’s Moral Courage
- A Franklin Roosevelt Companion
- The truth of George Custer, Buffalo Bill, and Wyatt Earp in contrast to the legends.
- Justification for imperialism in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The role of the constitution in eliminating the limitations of the Articles of Confederation
- The Dawes Act’s effects on American and Native American policies
- Compare the histories of Rome, Greece, and Egypt in antiquity.
- Myth vs reality regarding the voting method in ancient Greece.
- industrialists and the traditional world’s innovators.
- The cost of industrialisation and the American nation.
- How can American politics and religion be successfully segregated?
- examining US politics and ideology from a global standpoint.
If you are tired of exploring the history research topics listed above, possibly, it didn’t meet your interest. So, you might contact our assignment helper , perhaps they might modify the topics for you to suffice your interest. But, if you got your history research topics, then you might want to start your writing venture. Yet, you might want to hurry, instead search for reliable sources to develop your work. Also, you might seek our History Assignment help to find authentic sources and avoid using information depicted in movies or books. Furthermore, if history interests you, then the listed might sound interesting to you as well. Hence, look no further, choose your topic, do proper research and start developing your work.
What are the Best Places for Students to Do Homework?
Minitab vs. Excel: Learn the Major Differences
Is Homework Illegal Anywhere in the World?
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
How to Write a Reflective Essay?
Different types of essay formats- mla, apa, and chicago, apa vs. mla: learn the major differences between the citation styles, top 130 bioethics topics to consider for writing a research paper, 150 excellent business essay topics and ideas to focus on, 150 intriguing cultural research topics for you to consider, 162 intriguing science research paper topics for you to explore, 136 best geology research topics for academic writing, an understanding of the language features and structural features, 150+ fabulous criminology dissertation ideas for you to consider, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
American History Topics before 1865 The history of African American culture. Discuss the legacy of joint-stock companies. How did the American Revolution influence society? Explore the origin of Thanksgiving? How did Americans justify their belief in Manifest Destiny? How did Texas become a sovereign republic?
World War 1. US entry into WW1. The Zimmermann telegram. US declaration of war on Germany. Authorization of the Selective Service Act of 1917. The 19th Amendment ratification. The Espionage Act of 1917. US advocates for the League of Nations. The sinking of the British ocean liner by Germany.
French Revolution Topics Great Depression Research Topics World War II United States History American Revolution Battles & Key Events Industrial Revolution Paper Topics Most college and university students across the United States find history assignments way too challenging or even uninteresting.
30 Good History Research Questions European History 1. What were the three main causes of the Boer War? 2. How were cathedrals built? 3. What is the Gutenberg Bible? 4. What was the purpose of Morality plays in Medieval England? 5. How did Italian Renaissance painters benefit from the art patronage system? 6.
US history regents essay topics that are being discussed on the web today: What impact did the War of 1812 have on European diplomacy? What role did Ben Franklin have on the American Revolution? How did the War in Vietnam improve the living standards of its citizens? How did the American culture of the 60s inspire counter-culture in Europe?
🌎Top 10 American History Topics to Write about. The 20th Century. America’s Role in Normandy Landings. Conquest of California. The Great Depression. USA: Colonial History. The Oregon Trail. African American Slave Trade. Who was Harriet Tubman? America in the Modern World. Klondike Gold Rush.
Best Research Topics for Graduates on American History of Slavery. Go through these topics on the American history of slavery and write your research paper before the deadline approach you. A good topic like given in the list always inspires college students to write the best research paper outline and rest of the paper.
Good Scoring History Research Topics Limitations of the Articles of Confederation- Role of the constitution in its elimination. Impact of the Dawes Act on the Native American and United States policy. Reformation. Dark Ages. Courtly love. Black Death- Black plague. The renaissance period- Analyze the life of a woman. Medieval philosophy.