- Experts Sign Up
- Voice of Experts
- Earn Online
- Career Guidance
- Campus Events
Home » Career Guidance » Easy Guide on How to Apply for PhD in India
Easy Guide on How to Apply for PhD in India
Table of Contents
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is a higher research degree. It is given to people who submit a research thesis before a panel of experts. With a PhD degree, a student will be eligible for well-paying job openings for PhD holders in scientific research, academia, and teaching.
The purpose of a PhD is to teach individuals how to conduct research in a field. Candidates learn how to write scholarly papers and present findings. They also learn skills like critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication. Candidates can teach others about their field of study or apply it elsewhere.
The decision to pursue a PhD is important. It takes a lot of time, effort, and money. But it is worth it if candidates love their field of study.
Benefits of Pursuing a PhD in India
Pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy degree in India has the following benefits:
- The PhD student gets some monthly allowances from the government to fund their research.
- A PhD student also enjoys a wide range of scholarships that the universities offer in addition to external fellowships and research grants.
- A student pursuing a PhD is contributing to the world of research with their thesis.
- PhD students also publish their papers and get patents for their work.
- While pursuing PhD, a student is seen as an expert in the field, making them eligible for some job openings related to teaching and research.
- In India, several PhD students go for exchange programs in their studies, which lets them understand the academic environment of other countries.
- A PhD student is their own boss, and they have complete control over what they want to study and how they wish to continue with their research.
- In India, several government universities like Delhi University, Jawaharlal University and Jamia Millia Islamia offer affordable PhD programmes to students.
- A PhD student does not have to look for job openings because they are a valuable asset to any university and get placed in good positions after they complete their studies.
- A PhD student gets to interact and work with the best academicians in their field and the professional experts who will guide them during their research.
Types of PhDs in India
- Fellow Program in Management (FPM) – This full-time program offers advanced study in management and other functional areas. It aims to produce fine academics, researchers, and teachers in management subjects. To get into the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program, a student requires a Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) similar to any Doctor of Philosophy qualification. The Indian Institute of Management (IIM)offers a DBA program.
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm D) – This program is a professional doctorate in pharmacy. The length of this program is six years. This degree consists of five years of academics and one year of internship. A student gets in-depth knowledge about all the subjects related to the type of pharmacy science they are pursuing.
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – This postgraduate degree in advanced research comes before the Doctor of Philosophy. In India, most universities provide MPhil degrees in the arts, sciences, and humanities. Others provide combined MPhil PhD degrees. Degree holders are free from the demands of doctoral coursework in combined MPhil PhDs.
Other crucial PhD degree courses include:
- PhD in Education
- PhD in Science
- Legal Profession Doctoral Program
- Health Professional Doctor
- Integrated Doctor of Philosophy
Details on PhD in India
The PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is among the most respected academic degrees. It also sharpens one’s higher-order skills. The top careers in India after completing a PhD program are listed below.
PhD candidates can pursue academic careers. Academics is one of the preferred options for PhD candidates. PhD holders with jobs in academics teach, give lectures, create presentations, research, and oversee administrative tasks. They also represent the college at conferences and seminars. The academic sector is ideal for those who love learning and teaching, and there are many job openings here too.
Working as a consultant:
PhD candidates can pursue careers as management, technical, or business consultants. PhD holders can apply their skills and training in these jobs.
In the public sector:
Government agencies post special job openings for PhD holders for research work. The Reserve Bank of India and State Bank of India seek PhDs in economics, statistics, or mathematics. Firms like BARC, ISRO, and DRDO also post jobs for PhDs in physics, chemistry, computer science, or geology. Tata Institute of Social Science offers jobs to candidates with PhD in social science. Several high pay jobs for PhD holders are available within the central and state government.
As an entrepreneur:
In the last decade, India has become a hub for entrepreneurs. Professionals with a Doctor of Philosophy degree have a chance to start businesses using their business sense, research and skills. However, candidates who are not entrepreneurs should gain market experience with start-ups before launching their own.
Understanding PhD Programs
Candidates who want to apply for a PhD in India must have a full-time bachelor’s degree.
The candidate must have completed a Master’s degree (MTech/ MSc/ MA/ MPhil/ MBA). It must be a full-time Master’s course from a recognised university by the government.
PhD applications from correspondence Master’s degree holders are not accepted.
The overall grade point average of the candidate’s Master’s program must be at least 55% (or equivalent).
Candidates under SC, ST, and OBC categories will be given 5% or 10% mark relaxations. Applicants must present their reservation certificate to use these benefits.
The candidate must pass the PhD entrance exam.
A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the educational institution or company where candidates are employed is required. Candidates must have job experience in a related field for a part-time PhD.
To complete a PhD, a student takes between 3 to 5 years, depending on their field of study and rate of progress.
Candidates should remember a few things when starting a PhD program:
- Choose a topic they love
- Candidates should ensure a strong support network to help them through the program
- They should be prepared to work hard and dedicate themselves to their studies
Academic Years in PhD
A PhD in India takes three years to complete. Some universities specify a maximum registration duration of five years for PhD students. However, one can also study for a longer time depending on the type of PhD course they have enrolled on and their area of study.
Assessment and Examinations in PhD
All doctoral students must pass the PhD qualifying test. The exam shows their ability to blend their graduate program skills. The test is also known as the Preliminary Exam or Prelim. It takes at least a semester to prepare for this exam. It is tough to guess the type of questions.
PhD Fees in India
In India, a PhD costs INR 25,000 per semester. The cost of a PhD in India varies based on the kind of university a person chooses. Compared to private universities, semester costs of state universities are lesser. Some PhD candidates get scholarships. They are also given a concession as per their academic grades. If someone is doing a PhD in India, they should look for government universities as they provide affordable education.
Examples – In Delhi University, the fee for PhD is 5650 rupees. While in Jawaharlal Nehru University, the fee for PhD is Rs 731 .
How to Apply for a PhD in India
If you are wondering how to apply for a PhD in India, then you are at the right place. Some colleges in India use admission portals to manage their applications. Others only take direct applications or advertise certain open positions.
For a Ph.D. in India, a Master’s degree in the field one is seeking admission to is a must. The students should have an overall grade of at least 55% to be eligible for the application process.
Also, candidates need to have a command over the language for their course. Most Indian colleges teach English, one of the country’s official languages. However, certain specialized institutions also offer classes in Hindi, Urdu, and other regional Indian languages.
In India, there is no age limit for pursuing a Ph.D. Most Ph.D. programs take three to five years to complete. It is thus essential to consider one’s career goals.
The Indian PhD application process
The application process for a PhD in India is very competitive due to the fixed number of seats in Universities.
Each university releases its total number of openings for its PhD program every year. Universities take entrance exams, and interviews and review the research proposals of every applicant to find the best student for the seat. The institutions have the freedom to have a selection process of their own. They follow these basic steps for evaluation.
Notifications of PhDs
The institution will determine the number of entries for the PhD program. Then, these decisions are made public via official notification, and the announcement of different rounds of PhD admissions is also made public.
Research Eligibility Test (RET)
After a candidate responds to the notification released by the universities, the university begins the screening process. To qualify for PhD admissions, PhD candidates must pass the Research Eligibility Test (RET) in India. The universities check the potential of students applying for the PhD program through this test. The written exam verifies if the candidate has the relevant subject knowledge to conduct advanced research or not.
The contents of this test are specific to every university and the field of study a student is applying for. In most instances, universities use the curriculum of their master’s programme to set the syllabus for their RET test. It is advised that a student should check the application process and requirements for the RET before filling out the application for the PhD. In India, the PhD entrance tests such as NET/Gate/IIT JAM need to be cleared to become eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy.
A PhD interview follows a successful RET result. Universities publish information about applicants invited to interviews, the first leg of admission rounds.
They ask students questions about their backgrounds and experiences. Students must prove in the rounds that they are well-qualified and are best suited for the programme. In the interview process, an applicant is judged based on the answers they give to the interview questions.
In addition to this, the university will review and evaluate the applications. Other papers connected to the application are also examined. The interview information is published with specific requirements, and candidates must come with all the certifications required for the selection process.
A PhD is without doubt the highest level of education one can receive. Completing a PhD is a challenging and rewarding experience. It provides the skills and knowledge to become an expert in a chosen field.
Candidates must take the following seven steps to apply for a PhD in India:
PhD students should find a supervisor willing to support them through their PhD journey. After finding a supervisor, candidates can apply offline or online. Almost all colleges and universities accept online applications now. However, if you wish, you can apply via the offline process by visiting the office of the university.
Candidates must complete the online PhD admission form before applying on the university or college website. All the qualifying requirements listed on the university’s official website should be met. The online application is rejected if candidates fail to meet these requirements.
After completing the online application form, candidates must provide all necessary papers. These documents may include your passing certificate, degree, and migration certificate. Check the list of papers on the website before applying for the PhD admissions.
The college/university needs PhD entrance exam. This exam must be taken after completing the application form. Fill out the form for the entrance exam and appear for it.
Upon passing the PhD entrance exam, candidates will be invited for a doctoral academic interview. Admission is based on the academic doctoral interview and PhD entrance exam results. The institution or college decides the grades of students at each level.
Candidates who clear all rounds are invited to do PhDs in their chosen areas.
After all the admission requirements are met, candidates should complete all the formalities and begin their studies.
So, these are the steps to apply for a PhD in India. Candidates should read all the university guidelines well.
Chegg hiring can provide specialized and online opportunities to people doing PhD in India. Furthermore, Chegg Expert Hiring will allow one to clarify the principles and fundamentals and solve answers for students to succeed in the exam. This will benefit a PhD student or applicant as it will brush up on their basics every time they answer a question. In addition to improving one’s problem-solving skills, it will provide a student with additional income. So sign up with Chegg India today!
Want to explore numerious options for your career path? Dive in to our guide on Career Options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. how much does a phd in india cost.
Ans. In India, a PhD costs INR 25,000 per semester. The cost of a PhD in India differs based on the kind of university people choose. The cost of a PhD program depends on the institution and field of study.
Q2. What is the duration of a PhD in India?
Ans. A PhD program lasts for three to five years. Candidates have a maximum of five to six years to finish the program. The course length may be different for different institutes.
Q3. What are the eligibility criteria for a PhD in India?
Ans. For admission in PhD in India, students require a Master’s degree in a relevant field. An overall grade point average of at least 55% (or equivalent) is required. In addition to this, candidates must know the language in which the course is taught and evaluated. Now, an MPhil degree is not a must for PhD admissions.
Q4. Is it easy to get a PhD in India?
Ans. Getting a PhD in India is not easy. Candidates pursuing PhDs in India must pass the Research Eligibility Test (RET), such as NET. This written exam checks if they have the relevant subject knowledge to conduct advanced research. Candidates must further clear a PhD admission exam. After this, they must pass a doctoral academic interview. Candidates must clear these rounds before pursuing PhDs in their chosen areas of specialization.
Hiring subject experts
To read more related articles, click here.
Got a question on this topic?
- Chegg Study
- Writing Support
- Expert Hiring and Payment Dashboard
- Chegg Inc. Compliance
© 2022 Chegg Inc. All rights reserved.
- Members Login
- AIU Official Email
Equivalence of Degree
The Evaluation Division of AIU is vested with the power of according academic equivalence to the degrees obtained from the accredited foreign Boards/universities. The Division provides expert assistance on the status of foreign qualifications to the Students, Universities, Central and State Governments agencies including Ministries of the Government of India, etc. The Division also provides assistance to foreign accrediting agencies of foreign countries. The Division helps the MHRD to formulate the proposals for Educational Exchange Programmes (EEP), between Indian Universities and Universities of other counties, on mutual recognition of educational qualifications. The Division provides expert assistance on the status of foreign qualifications to the Universities, Ministries of the Government of India, Union Public Service Commission and other Central/State Agencies, concerning with the selection of students having obtained their qualifications from abroad. It also grants academic equivalence to the Management Programmes of the autonomous Management Institutions approved by the AICTE. The Division has brought out an INFORMATION BROCHURE giving details of the “Policies and Procedures” adopted to accord equivalence to various qualifications..
Aiu advisory for students, information brochure & it's amendments, equivalence of foreign qualifications:, equivalence of two year full-time postgraduate diploma in management (pgdm) programmes:, equivalence of fellow programme awarded by iims only, equivalence of fellow programme, facilitation of students for education loan from banks.
- 1. Letter from Bank addressed to AIU
- 2. Offer Letter issued by the University
- 3. (Pay Rs. 1180/- only on Online Mode and attached an auto generated mail of this or receipt with documents (Payment link: https://payment.aiu.ac.in/payment/paynow?id=2 ))
- 1. Fee for Rs.1180/- in the form of Demand Draft favouring “ASSOCIATION OF INDIAN UNIVERSITIES’
- 2. A request letter/application
- 3. Academic Transcript for the last Class passed
- 4. Transfer Certificate/letter from the Principal of the School confirming the last examination passed.
Equivalence to Professional Examination
Information on the accreditation status of foreign universities is provided through emails, letters, telephonically & individually., grade conversion.
- Cambridge International
- International Baccalaureate
Kindly approach to the concern Board for grade conversion of Letter Grades.
For Any Further Details Please Write to [email protected]
- PhD Types - Understanding Different Doctoral Degrees
Types of PhD
When is a 'PhD' not a PhD? When it's a DPhil, DBA, EdD or other type of doctorate degree.
The traditional PhD (or 'Doctor of Philosophy') is the best-known advanced research qualification, but several other varieties of doctoral degree exist. Some of these are academic qualifications in specific subject areas. Others are professional doctorates with a slightly different format.
The way in which candidates study for a PhD is also becoming more varied, with the opportunity to research part time or even pursue a joint doctorate degree , awarded by more than one university.
But there's no need to be confused. This page explains and compares the options available to you.
Not sure where to start? Read our step by step guide to finding the right PhD .
Designed for experienced managers and business leaders, the DBA is a prestigious and highly-specialised professional doctoral degree.
Ideal for senior teachers and policy makers, an Education Doctorate combines advanced training with original research.
Joint PhD programmes involve collaboration between two (or more) different universities. So how does that work? Who can apply? And what are the advantages (and disadvantages) of researching in this way?
Integrated PhD programmes consist of a one-year Masters followed by three years of PhD research. Find out more about what it's like to study an integrated PhD, how to apply and the funding options available.
Thinking of applying for the Doctor of Engineering (EngD)? Our guide covers everything you need to know about the qualification, including costs, applications, programme content, and how it differs from a PhD.
The DBA and the PhD are both doctoral degrees that are equal in academic status – so how do you choose between the two? Our guide explains the differences.
Comparing PhD types
Wondering which type of doctorate degree is right for you? The following table offers a quick overview of the most common types of PhD and other doctorates:
Please note that this table doesn't include every type of doctorate. Many other subjects (and countries ) award their own specific qualifications, but we've covered some of the most popular here.
You can more about some of these degree types in our guide to different varieties of doctorate .
Understanding this table
The doctorates in the above table are divided into different types, as follows:
- Academic doctorates (such as the standard PhD) are usually awarded for original research and scholarship in traditional academic subjects. They can prepare a student for various careers, but their main focus is on broadening theoretical understanding of a subject, rather than improving professional practice.
- Professional doctorates are awarded for work that contributes directly to knowledge or practice in a specific vocational field. They still involve original research and analysis, but also incorporate more practical training and instruction. Candidates may require appropriate experience.
- Higher doctorates are usually awarded later in a person's career, as a means of recognising esteemed researchers or practitioners. Students do not normally enrol for these doctorates as traditional university degrees.
- Honorary doctorates are awarded to celebrate an individual's achievements. They do not require any specific track record of academic or professional work and can be granted at the discretion of a university. Students do not enrol for these doctorates.
As a prospective postgraduate student, you only really need to concern yourself with academic or professional research degrees.
We've included higher and honorary doctorates here in order to try and prevent them being confused with more 'conventional' PhDs (and to give you some inspiration for later in your career!).
DPhil vs PhD
Many people believe that the DPhil and PhD are different degrees. This is not true. ‘DPhil’ is an abbreviation of ‘Doctor of Philosophy’. Essentially, ‘DPhil’ and ‘PhD’ are two different ways of referring to the same doctoral degree.
‘DPhil’ is traditionally a British term and so only a few universities (most notably, the University of Oxford) still use it. Most universities around the world use the term ‘PhD’. While you might have to explain to a foreign employer what a DPhil is, you can be safe in the knowledge that both degrees are the same prestigious Doctor of Philosophy award.
FindAPhD. Copyright 2005-2023 All rights reserved.
Unknown ( change )
Have you got time to answer some quick questions about PhD study?
Select your nearest city
You haven’t completed your profile yet. To get the most out of FindAPhD, finish your profile and receive these benefits:
- Monthly chance to win one of ten £10 Amazon vouchers ; winners will be notified every month.*
- The latest PhD projects delivered straight to your inbox
- Access to our £6,000 scholarship competition
- Weekly newsletter with funding opportunities, research proposal tips and much more
- Early access to our physical and virtual postgraduate study fairs
Or begin browsing FindAPhD.com
or begin browsing FindAPhD.com
*Offer only available for the duration of your active subscription, and subject to change. You MUST claim your prize within 72 hours, if not we will redraw.
Already have a my FindAPhD Account? Log in
Create your account
Looking to list your PhD opportunities? Log in here .
PhD Scholarships in India 2023: Apply Online, Eligibility & Last Date
There are a lot of scholarship opportunities available in India for students who are pursuing Ph.D. courses but they are not able to do so because of the financial difficulties that they are going through because Ph.D. courses are very high maintenance and difficult to pursue without any financial services. You can check out the details related to my PhD Scholarships in India 2023 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the eligibility criteria and the last date that you need to follow in order to apply for the various Ph.D. scholarships in India. You can also check out this step-by-step procedure to apply for the scholarship programs.
Table of Contents
PhD Scholarships in India 2023
There are a lot of PhD Scholarships in India , especially for people who want to create an atmosphere that is favorable to them in order to continue their education without having to worry about the financial difficulties that they are going through. You can be a part of prestigious scholarship opportunities available in India through the development of online portals which were created in order to help people fill out the application form. You can fill out the application forms available at the official website of the scholarship scheme. The candidates have to submit proper documents in order to be eligible for the scholarship scheme and then they can be a part of the scholarship.
PhD Scholarships in India Important Dates
Awards details .
The following awards will be available to the candidates applying for the different types of PhD Scholarships in India:-
The following documents are required to apply for these PhD Scholarships in India:-
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the various scholarships:-
PhD Scholarships in India 2023 Application Procedure
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for these scholarships:-
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Data Science | All Courses
- PGP in Data Science and Business Analytics Program from Maryland
- M.Sc in Data Science – University of Arizona
- M.Sc in Data Science – LJMU & IIIT Bangalore
- Executive PGP in Data Science – IIIT Bangalore
- Learn Python Programming – Coding Bootcamp Online
- ACP in Data Science – IIIT Bangalore
- PCP in Data Science – IIM Kozhikode
- Advanced Program in Data Science Certification Training from IIIT-B
- PMP Certification Training | PMP Online Course
- CSM Course | Scrum Master Certification Training
- PCP in HRM and Analytics – IIM Kozhikode
- Product Management Certification – Duke CE
- PGP in Management – IMT Ghaziabad
- Software Engineering | All Courses
- M.Sc in CS – LJMU & IIIT Bangalore
- Executive PGP in Software Development
- Full Stack Development Certificate Program from Purdue University
- Blockchain Certification Program from Purdue University
- Cloud Native Backend Development Program from Purdue University
- Cybersecurity Certificate Program from Purdue University
- MBA & DBA | All Courses
- Master of Business Administration – IMT & LBS
- Executive MBA SSBM
- Global Doctor of Business Administration
- Global MBA from Deakin Business School
- Machine Learning | All Courses
- M.Sc in Machine Learning & AI – LJMU & IIITB
- Certificate in ML and Cloud – IIT Madras
- Executive PGP in Machine Learning & AI – IIITB
- ACP in ML & Deep Learning – IIIT Bangalore
- ACP in Machine Learning & NLP – IIIT Bangalore
- M.Sc in Machine Learning & AI – LJMU & IIT M
- Digital Marketing | All Courses
- ACP in Customer Centricity
- Digital Marketing & Communication – MICA
- Business Analytics | All Courses
- Business Analytics Certification Program
- Artificial Intelligences US
- Blockchain Technology US
- Business Analytics US
- Data Science US
- Digital Marketing US
- Management US
- Product Management US
- Software Development US
- Executive Programme in Data Science – IIITB
- Master Degree in Data Science – IIITB & IU Germany
- ACP in Cloud Computing
- ACP in DevOp
- ACP in Cyber Security
- ACP in Big Data
- ACP in Blockchain Technology
- Master in Cyber Security – IIITB & IU Germany
Top 7 Career Opportunities in India after PhD in 2023
We are an online education platform providing industry-relevant programs for professionals, designed and delivered in collaboration with world-class faculty and businesses. Merging the latest technology, pedagogy and services, we deliver…
A PhD or Doctor of Philosophy is the highest academic qualification offered to an individual following a course of study. The term PhD originates from the Latin term ‘Philosophiae Doctor’ and represents competition of individual research in a field of interest. The doctoral research degree paves the path for a wide range of opportunities. It is a 3 to 8 years course that helps you become competent at presenting your thesis based on independent research of a topic.
There is a breadth of skills students acquire while pursuing a PhD. It elevates your ability to critically analyse a subject, display intellectual maturity, gain in-depth knowledge of a specific field and publish a valid thesis.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the best job opportunities after PhD that are available to students in different industries—academia, government sector, entrepreneurship, consultancy, and so on. If you are looking for PhD admission for 2022, please read further.
Table of Contents
Top Job Opportunities after PhD
1. academics, a. faculty position.
One of the most commonly opted choices after a PhD is teaching, primarily due to the uncanny similarity between academia and what an individual must do to acquire the degree. The degree practice and teaching involve teaching, researching, and nurturing your acquired knowledge.
If you are interested in landing a faculty position or taking up the teaching path, plenty of institutions are keen on having a PhD holder in their faculty, especially in developing countries.
The PhD holders have a niche of their own in the domain or topic they have spent time researching about. They have made a good number of contributions to the field of study, so they have a firm hold on the subject.
So the PhD holders as faculty seem to be a natural fit, as they can impart the knowledge mentioned in the curriculum and much beyond that. They can open their students’ minds to concepts they would not usually be exposed to and thus help them develop a frame of mind that is inquisitive and has a strong foundation.
Some of the skills that the faculty must possess to impart the education smoothly are an excellent hold of the subject, communication skills, analytical skills, people management, understanding of human behavior, assessment skills, empathy, etc.
The profession of teaching is considered one of the best, high paying and most successful one. The compensation varies according to the subject, institution, experience, etc. On average, after PhD salary in India of a faculty is 12.0 lakhs per annum. The average salary bracket ranges from 1.3 lakhs per annum to 30.0 lakhs per annum (Source).
b. Post Doctorate
You can also choose to stay in the same university for varying periods (from one to four years) and get an extended project based on the one you did earlier. You might also work on publishing your erstwhile researched product.
The significance of a post-doctorate is many. They take on individual or group research projects that are impactful. Their research and findings help society, government education, industries, etc.
A post-doc has the autonomy of their day. Some of the skills that are required from a post-doc are the nature of being inquisitive, research skills, documentation, verbal and written communication, a good hold of the subject matter, people skills, team management, etc.
The salary for a post-doc may vary depending on factors such as the institution, domain, research topic, experience, etc. On average, a postdoctoral researcher procures the compensation of 10.0 lakhs per annum. The salary ranges from 3.0 lakhs per annum to 40.0 lakhs per annum (Source). People have apprehension about “ What comes after PhD ?” Post-doctorate can be considered an option.
c. Adjunct Position
An adjunct position is a non-tenure position in universities; they are professionals who don’t carry the title of a professor but make valuable contributions to the faculty. In some universities, professionals in Adjunct positions work overtime and bear numerous educational responsibilities.
PhD holders can teach at institutions offering undergraduate courses where they are looking for staff with a PhD who can carry out practical research.
PhD candidates can be assistant professors by teaching undergraduate courses or being a part of committees that help form academic and organisational policies and perform research to achieve tenure.
There exists a myth that PhD courses are designed to PAVE the path for individuals to become professors at the university level. However, the horizons of a PhD degree spread farther than simply academia, so it’s wrong to assume so.
Here’s looking at the different verticals where PhD holders can chart a rewarding career.
2. Government Jobs
The government job sector is ideal for patriotic and passionate people who want to serve the country. Since the government is always on the lookout for creative and skilled people, professionals who love researching and put their skills to good use can rely on the government sector.
PhD holders carry a unique, innovative perspective that allows them to view complex problems, understand them and make practical, diplomatic choices.
There are several opportunities here, starting from the military sector (e.g. military research). If you are interested in politics, you can opt for a policymaker position in state and central government. You can also be a minister if you can work your way up with innovative diplomatic ideas.
First, the PhD holders are eligible to sit in the government exam. They are highly qualified professionals who give a learned and deeper perspective to the government professionals that helps in better decision-making. They can work in various departments of the government, such as policy making, rural development, transportation, scientific research, military, international relations, etc. One can procure various PhD jobs in India in the government sector.
In today’s world, the entrepreneurship sector is growing exponentially. Since information and technology are accessible to everyone, there’s a growing shift towards startups, self-employment, and innovation. PhDs holders carry the potential to be first-grade innovators/entrepreneurs.
Research shows that PhDs and entrepreneurial journeys are way more similar than they seem, and hence, students who have PhD degrees are very likely to thrive when they get into entrepreneurship.
Apart from various similarities between the entrepreneurs and PhDs, there is one common similarity between these two, and that is innovation and research skills. Both of these professionals identify a problem persisting in society and develop a model that solves it. So naturally, the PhD holders seem as a fit progression to entrepreneurship.
Some of the skills required for a successful entrepreneur are identifying problems, critical thinking, problem-solving, business management, creativity, team management, self-starter attitude, communication skills, networking, etc.
The skillset required to be a consultant includes maintaining large amounts of data. Plenty of companies rely on MBA professionals and PhD holders for consultancy due to the increasing influence of technology in the real world.
Large consultancy firms hire PhD holders from all different fields. The idea is to leverage valuable data and glean helpful insights to empower business decision-making.
PhD and other advanced degrees help students shine in consultancy since there is a massive requirement for specialised expertise in today’s age. Therefore, if you have a PhD, consultancy is a very prominent job opportunity that can be highly rewarding.
There are various reasons for being a consultant professional as a PhD holder, as they have a high capacity for critical thinking. They are skillful for effectively and scientifically solving problems. The PhD holders can effectively analyse the data and come to conclusions. The companies hire the PhD holders for the level of expertise they bring. Usually, they are hired at the same level as MBA professionals. This may vary depending on the companies, level of skill sets, location, and other factors.
5. Digital Media Company
The job description is to prepare reports providing a comprehensive analysis and context on various topics. It also includes preparing reports on artistic and cultural events. A PhD course equips you to be an individual with excellent writing and research skills. These are extremely handy when pursuing a writing job opportunity at media company.
Unlike a regular digital marketing professional a PhD holder would come up with a much deeper perspective and understanding. They would be having the in depth knowledge of the funcitonings.
There is an option available to do PhD in digital marketing, these professionals would come up with understanding on the culture, society, ethnicities, human behaviour and many more. There are various options available fo r phd jobs as there are various firms and companies that employe the professionals.
6. Research Associate
As the word suggests, a research associate job position requires you to gather data to determine whether consumers or companies find a product or service desirable or appealing.
For this job position, the skills you acquire during your PhD study (presentation and research skills) prove to be highly influential; these are the skills that help you excel in research.
Switching from academic research to corporate research, where the information acquired via research is used well, is a choice most professionals make these days since academic research can get monotonous and underwhelming at times.
The research associates are responsible for various tasks such as gathering of data, preparing data, analysing, reporting, research and may more. They identify the problem and then go about their workf to find solutions for the problem.
It is considered as one of the most sought- after jobs one can go for. There are various industries and fields one can go ahead to make a career fro themselves. These researches make a positive contribution to the society in various fields such as history, science, art and culture, society, policy making, etc.
Usually there is no degree after PhD is required to become a research associate a PhD suffices. Moreover, the profession as a research associate is high paying and is a stable career.
7. Product Manager
The job profile of a product manager includes overseeing every aspect of the development, growth, maintenance, and improvement of a product.
Companies prefer PhD holders over other UG PG holders for positions that require overseeing or handling end-to-end tasks since a PhD equips you to handle multitasking effortlessly.
The role of a product manager doesn’t stop after product formulation and release. It extends to maintenance, improving product performance, devising marketing strategies, and enhancing product efficiency by bringing in new methods that can replace older ways. Online PhD programs offer you offer flexibility to manage your work and other commitments.
A product manager is required to be aware of the customer’s needs and manage to address the gap by innovating the product. They are responsible for making the product better that helps in taking the business forward.
In order to all of that, they are required to be equipped with certain skill sets that understands th ehuman behavioru, mindsets of people coming from different geographies and age groups. And according to various factors, inculcate the innovations in such a way that the product feels relatable to the target audience. But most importantly, they should also be having the business acumen that helps them in aking decisions that benefits the business.
The profession as a product manager is considered as high paying and on average the salary goes up to 16.3 lakhs per annum. The average salary ranges from 6.0 lakhs per annum to 35.0 lakhs per annum (Source). This salary bracket may differ due to various factors such as geographical location, skill sets, experience, type of company, etc.
.Check out upGrad’s Global Doctor of Business Administration from the ACBSP-accredited Swiss School of Business and Management. The 36-months program caters to 75+ nationalities and provides 12+ specialisations and 70+ faculty industry collaborations to help you succeed. There are 1:1 thesis supervisions to ensure you exploit your potential in your domain of choice.
The minimum requirement to pursue this degree is a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) or 5+ years of work experience.
Don’t wait, sign up and book your seat today!
Do PhD holders require communication skills to be successful?
Communication skills can effectively drive career potential since PhD holders are expected to deliver out-of-the-box thinking, management, and creative ways of solving problems via critical thinking. Developing communication skills is crucial in showcasing and presenting your ideas to technical and non-tech teams convincingly.
Should you opt for a master's or PhD?
PhD holders have the upper hand over Master’s or Bachelors's students across industries due to their high-end skill sets that include critical thinking, problem-solving, and effective decision making. In addition, their unmatched research skills and data management abilities make them an obvious choice for a host of high-profile roles across industries.
Is a PhD worth it from a financial point of view?
The average salary of PhD holders ranges between ₹ 6,00,000 and ₹ 12,00,000 per year, depending on the field of choice, experience, and skillsets. The average base salary for a PhD holder working as a professor is ₹16,73,000 per year, approximately ₹90k per month).
Prepare for a Career of the Future
Leave a comment, cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Get Free Consultation
Our most popular dba course.
Different Types of Strategic Management Explained
Business Management Job Description [in 2023]
Top 5 Business Administration Jobs You Can Get After DBA
Start your upskilling journey now, get a free personalised counselling session..
Schedule 1:1 free counselling
Talk to a career expert
Explore Free Courses
Data Science & Machine Learning
Build your foundation in one of the hottest industry of the 21st century
Build essential technical skills to move forward in your career in these evolving times
Get insights from industry leaders and career counselors and learn how to stay ahead in your career
Master industry-relevant skills that are required to become a leader and drive organizational success
Advance your career in the field of marketing with Industry relevant free courses
Kickstart your career in law by building a solid foundation with these relevant free courses.
Register for a demo course, talk to our counselor to find a best course suitable to your career growth.
Please wait while the site loads...
Certify your abilities, earn globally recognized phd, dba & dcs degrees from reputed universities, right from your place of residence., explore programs →, partner universities.
connecting top universities and you
Earn globally recognized degrees from reputed universities, right from your place of residence.
Swiss School of Management
One of Europe's finest, the Swiss School of Management (SSM) is an accredited private institute of higher education founded in the last century in Switzerland. It is acknowledged by Ministry of Education, Italy.
- Acknowledged by Ministry of Education, Italy
- Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
- Certified by EduQua
- CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG), US
- International Association of Universities (IAU), Paris
- Member of Businet
Livingstone International University of Tourism Excellence and Business Management (LIUTEBM) is a recognized university of Zambia registered with HEA, Ministry of Education, Government of Zambia.
- Recognized university of Zambia registered with HEA, Ministry of Education, Government of Zambia
- Accredited by ASIC, UK , a UKVI (a division of Home Office, Government of UK) Recognised International Accreditation organization
- Associate Member of Association of Indian Universities - AIU, New Delhi
- Credential evaluation: WES, IERF-NACES, FCSA, SpanTran and more
IIC University of Technology
IICUT came into existence in 2008 through the evolution of International Institute of Cambodia, founded in 1999. It is fully accredited by the Royal Government of Cambodia as specified in Sub-Decree No. 127ANK.BK.
- Recognized university of Cambodia under Ministry of Education, Youth & Sport, Government of Cambodia
- Member of International Association of Universities (IAU), Paris
- Listed with the World Higher Education Database (WHED), maintained by IAU, UNESCO
- Credential evaluation: WES, IERF-NACES and more
IU International University of Applied Sciences
Founded on the idea of empowering people to succeed in a digital world, IU first came into existence in 1998. And since receiving accreditation from the German Council of Science and Humanities , IU's grown into Germany's biggest university.
- QS 5-star Rating
- FIBAA - Excellence in Digital Education
- German Council of Science and Humanities
- ZFU - German National Agency for Distance Learning
- World Education Services (WES) - Canada & U.S.
- CHE University Ranking (2021/2022) - top ranks in 6 of 25 categories
- European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR)
- AACSB Educational Member
- Business Graduates Association (BGA) Member
- US Distance Learning Association (USDLA) Member
GradXs Global Education ® is an educational support service organisation and a platform for facilitating bachelors, masters and doctoral programs from recognised universities. It is a unit of Centre for Management Consultancy & Education (P) Ltd., an ISO 9001:2015 certified Indian company incorporated in the year 2003. GradXs has a partnership agreement with recognised and accredited universities for facilitating & providing a platform for their degree programs fully online for students from India and abroad. The world-class online educational services cater to the needs & requirements of both the students and the program-offering partner universities. The Quality Management System of GradXs is conforming to the international standards and is Accredited by the United Accreditation Forum for the ISO-9001:2015 certification.
Your search ends here! Explore programs →
Why gradxs, globally recognized certification.
All the programs facilitated by GradXs are offered by recognized universities.
We at GradXs believe in making Certification, Graduate & Doctoral Programs accessible and affordable to all. Our fee waiver initiatives and low-cost program models cater to the same.
Executive Friendly Model
All our programs are fully online and are crafted in a way to make it easier for Executives and Working Professionals to complete their programs alongside their jobs.
World standard QMS
The Quality Management System of GradXs is ISO 9001:2015 compliant, ensuring a smooth and efficient academic flow for the students.
Global Mentor Network
GradXs has its network of highly qualified and experienced research mentors from around the world, who guide students throughout their academic (research) timeline.
Assistance & Support
The GradXs team is always ready to provide quick assistance and support right from the application phase to the completion of program.
Bienvenido M. Maunahan
Philippines, PhD (2019-22)
Outstanding Academic and Administrative Support Services! Whenever I required assistance, they were there. Extremely patient employees and a quick, simple, and painless process. Indeed, I can recommend and service and programs they offer to anyone!
Owira Meshack Amimo
Kenya, MSc (2019-21)
I have been receiving excellent updates on what I need to do, and in very good deadline notice, offering me time to balance between my professional, fatherhood and my roles, as a student Scholar/Researcher!
Kishenjeet Nelson Dhillon
Malaysia, PhD (2020-23)
Great support provided during my PhD studies including guidance from experienced mentors with deep academic experience and opportunities for peer learning from other scholars. Proud to have the opportunity to pursue my PhD with such a well run institute of higher learning. Thank you GradXs for the support and continuous guidance.
add value to your profile
Get started, news & updates, exclusive introductory offer for swiss dba from ssm.
GradXs is now a Licensed Partner of one of Europe's finest instituitions, the Swiss School of Management (SSM), Switzerland .
Up to 65% fee-waiver for DBA from SSM as a part of the introductory offer.
Enroll before it's too late.
Check it out now!
- Acknowledged by Ministry of Education, Italy
- Accreditation by IACBE, USA
- Recognition by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation - CHEA, USA
- Certification with EduQua (a prestigious Swiss quality assurance label)
- UNESCO approved Institution, through the International Association of Universities - IAU, UNESCO, Paris
All the degree programs are run directly by the university and none of the same are run on Indian soil. GradXs is an authorized Global Enrolment and Student Support Facilitator of its partner universities. This website is meant for providing information and educational services (global enrolment & student support facilitation). This is not a legal document. Please reach out at [email protected] for any clarification or interpretation of any word, term or sentence. No piece of information, logo or symbol can be reproduced without written permission from GradXs.
- Become a Partner
- Terms and Conditions
9am-5pm India Time (GMT+5:30)
Stay in touch!
From admission to dissertation. Tips on making the PhD journey happy, productive and successful
Easy Way to Get PhD in India
An easy way to get phd in india is by approaching a phd consultant or by filling the phd application form online ..
Alternatively, one can also buy an easy PhD in India that is the fastest and easiest of all. What I mean is that you can get PhD in India even by buying it offline or online. Though I don’t suggest doing it, this is the reality that is taking place with some Indian Universities. Only PhD consultants will know the universities that offer PhD for money.
Here is my detailed analysis about how to get easy PhD admission in India.
- Approach a PhD consultant in India.
- Or Apply PhD online on university website.
- Pass PhD entrance test.
- Face PhD interview.
- Get PhD admission.
- Submit Research Proposal.
- Attend Pre-PhD course work.
- Start your PhD research for 3 to 4 years.
Proven Right Process for an easy PhD in 2021-22
- Join in a private university for an easier completion of PhD.
- Opt for full-time PhD in India to finish PhD easily in just 3-4 years.
- Publish papers in Scopus indexed journals while doing PhD in India.
- Publish papers in journals with high impact factor that makes again easy to do PhD in India
- Be on good terms with your Supervisor so that there’s no delay to get PhD in India.
- Start writing your dissertation faster which helps you do PhD in India easily.
- Pay money to Indian PhD consultant for thesis assistance in time.
- Buying PhD degree is also available for an easiest PhD in India ( I don’t suggest).
How to do PhD in India easily as soon as the PhD notification comes is a big confusion for many aspirants. In order to do a PhD, fill in an online application from the university website and if the admission department satisfies the grades mentioned in the application form, you will be called for the PhD entrance test. After passing the entrance test, you should undergo PhD interview, and later on, you will get admission once cracking all those stages. Getting PhD in India under Government University is a long-term process. So the easy way to get PhD in India is to join a small private university that is recognized by UGC Indian laws.
Private University PhD.’s are valid and you can finish in 4 years of time whether it is part-time PhD or full time. So join a private university. Here are some good private universities in India to get an easy PhD.
- VFSTR ( Deemed to be University) ( PhD duration: Full-time 4-5 years, Part time 3 to 4 years.)
- Amity University
- VIT University (3 years)
- SRM University
- Lovely Professional University
There are so many other private universities in India. You will not be able to do quality work. For example , KL University conducts coursework just for 1 week.
This is too low quality. You will never improve and you will never be able to publish papers in reputed journals efficiently.
There are many Universities in India that have some consultants who charge money for an easy PhD. You do not need to go to those universities but rather visit 2 or 3 times during the full duration of the PhD program.
You will get awarded if you offer the consultant 250000 rupees. This is my direct experience with one consultant asking me. But I never joined such universities. You will never have value with such a degree.
What happens when you join a Government University? Usually, Indian faculty in universities are greedy and jealous of PhD. scholars.
They never want to award a PhD degree to a young scholar. Usually, it takes 7 to 10 years to complete a PhD. Part-time in many of the Government Universities in India.
In India being a PhD. student, you need to do many other works. Like serving your supervisor in some areas like carrying chairs for meetings, bringing snacks, and serving, and if you allow them to use you, they may even ask you to give a massage and sweep their room.
Indians have this culture of egoistic attitude in regards to low-status people. PhD scholar is one of that statuses.
The easiest way to get a PhD. in India is to approach a PhD consultant. They will do all the job in getting your admission and if possible they will look at some of the formalities like attendance maintenance.
The other easy way is to get a good supervisor who can support you throughout your PhD. course.
The other way is to pay money to the university official and manage some of the things to get approved. For example: Writing your Thesis.
These are my few more steps on how to get a PhD in India.
How to apply for PhD in India in an easy way
In order to pursue a PhD, you need to apply for PhD in India with the university either for the even semester in January or for an odd semester in the month of July. Both semesters will hold admission into PhD.’s in almost all the universities in India.
The best way is to apply for PhD is during an even semester in India. Usually, the academic year starts in odd semesters throughout India. But still, you need to take admission in even semester for doing your PhD. fast.
The reason is that if you take admission in the odd semester, most of the time you will have to wait to complete your coursework in an even semester along with newly joined PhD candidates.
The application fee is 1000 rupees in most of the PhD universities in India. This application fee is non-refundable in case you do not get selected. So it is at your risk you pay. But it is easy to get admission if you have some recommendations.
Check for PhD advertisements in newspapers for PhD admission notification around your city or state. Find out what is the deadline to apply for PhD in India.
I mean in your state and with that university. Each university has its own deadline for the PhD application process. Once you miss this last date to apply for a PhD, you will have to wait for one more year.
So, you must be aware clearly of the deadlines of PhD applications with different universities around. If possible, note them down in a rough book. This way of note-taking about PhD application deadlines will help to make things easy during the last moment. Many times, it so happens that you will feel to remember dates of application without noting them down. But in the end, you will surely forget the last date of PhD application date.
To understand clearly, what should be the last date of applying PhD in the Indian university that you are applying to. If possible, call the phone number of the admission cell of that particular university and ask them clearly about the application process.
Top universities offering easy PhD programs in India for 2021-22
This is the list of universities offering PhD courses in India in 2019.
- Andhra University
- Central Universities through out India
- List of State Universities in India 2019-20
- List of Deemed Universities i n India 2019-20
- List of Private Universities offering PhD in 2019-20
Apply by regularly checking them. Usually, every university releases PhD notification in India twice a year. One time in January/February and one more in July/August. These notifications are called Even Semester and Odd Semester. You can go through clearly the notification and know exactly the syllabus.
I made a popular video on youtube. How to crack the PhD entrance exam .
After watching my video, you will get full clarity about how to prepare for the syllabus given for you to appear for a PhD entrance exam. You can also check my article on PhD entrance.
Once you have done with your entrance exam, usually you will have PhD interview. In private universities, they will conduct PhD interviews as soon as you finish the entrance exam but whereas if you appear for a government exam you have to wait for a merit list and at a later stage an interview for PhD admission.
But take everything as a challenge. No need of getting discouraged just because you did not get admission to one university. There are many out there who can offer you if you try a little hard than what you usually try for. Do not worry about which university to join.
Nowadays many students are worried about this. PhD studies are meant to research. Nobody takes your university into consideration in the upcoming 10 years of time.
In the coming days, your research paper publications will matter a lot. The more papers you write, the better your exposure will be.
Top university types for PhD in India
- First Rank: NIT’s ( Best option for PhD in India )
- Second Rank: Government Universities
- Third Rank: Private Universities
- Fourth Ranks: Deemed Universities.
Approaching PhD consultant
If you want to have an easy PhD from Indian University, just approach consultancy. This is a clever idea. They have all the links with the PhD administrators of the universities.
They can manage all PhD. related exams and publication even without you being present in college or university. Just talk to any PhD consultant and get PhD easily in India.
How to get phd degree easily
Here are my top 5 PhD consultants in India for the easiest PhD. Remember you must know beforehand how to get PhD degree easily rather than after joining it. This way you will be aware of how easy PhD should be with different universities. The below PhD consultant in India can help you with how to get PhD degree easily.
PhD consultants in India
- Phd Consultant ( A to Z support is their slogan)
- PhD Admission
- Meta Consultancy
- Shodh India
- Chanakya Research
Never give money to any of these consultants. In India, Consultants will brainwash you to pay the money beforehand. But they will never do work after paying money.
So be careful to pay only when work is done from their side. It is difficult to bargain with them. Be confident and do not feel shy to reject giving money to PhD consultant. So be careful in every step you take. Many got cheated in India.
The biggest problem with Indian PhD consultants is that they tend to give you a fake PhD certificate with lots of forgeries. Always go to the university in which you are registered and find out whether the certificate is valid or not.
You have to contact the university directly or check your hall ticket number in the University website portal. In this way, you can avoid most of the scams done by PhD consultants in India.
But I still recommend going with consultancy if you are a bit clever to manage them and get your work done originally
PhD degree for sale in India.
I heard from PhD consultants that they would be ready to manage PhD with some of the universities. This means you pay fees and PhD consultants will manage thesis and attendance. The consequence is that you will be ending up with a poor-quality PhD from those universities. I do not encourage to do PhD from the below-mentioned universities.
PhD from Magadh University
PhD from Nagpur University ( govt.)
PhD from OJPS University (govt.)
PhD from Shri Venkateswara University (govt.)
You can easily buy PhD through consultants. Buying PhD degree in India, in the sense, you cannot do it directly but by managing here and there with the authorities, it is quite possible.
But there is one condition that you need. Have some time gap of the degrees studies maybe after your masters. The best time gap after your master’s should be around 3 years so that the University may evaluate and award during this period of time. But you have to give a lot of money. But all must be done to the consultancy where is secret.
But be aware of all the cheating among the employees. They may not give the original degree certificate. So you need to verify with the university website. Check your hall ticket number and find out whether you got an original PhD degree or it is a fake certificate printed in a Machine.
Right now the rules have become a little stricter. But you can really do things if you can approach the right person at the University. They may or may not have a kind of approach which is positive to you.
So always try to approach outside people like going through some consultancy. All may not be cooperative in this matter.
Keep at least 300000 rupees
To get an easy PhD in India, You need to carry at least some amount in your hand. The said amount is the minimum. It may go up to 500000 INR too. So to get an easy PhD in India, money plays a greater role in India without any second thought.
This is my direct experience. If you don’t want to pay money, you will have to go through all the processes for 3 years. This is how you get your PhD easily.
Get PhD degree with a recommendation
You can get PhD degree in India with one simple recommendation from a PhD supervisor or professor. There is a culture in India while getting admission into universities. PhD. admission is one of them. Usually, if you know some professor in the university that you are applying to, then the work gets easier.
You will get admission for sure. The recommendation has a strong role to play in the university. So the easy way to get a PhD. admission is a strong recommendation.
Simple steps to do PhD in India
- Check for PhD notification .
- Attend for PhD entrance .
- Appear for PhD interview .
- Get provisional admission.
- Finish Course Work.
Entrance exam to do PhD in India easily
Entrance exam into PhD is just a formality to do. There is no such condition if you score well in your entrance examination will be eligible to get admission into PhD. In Government Universities, the entrance exam is quite strict to look outside. There happen high level of politics.
Your admission is based on not merit but on the reservation of caste which is a wrong method in India. You will get admission based on your religion and caste.
This is very odd in Indian Universities. The reason why this happens is that India is a multilingual and multicultural country. Political leaders frame many rules towards education for the sake of winning in elections and have power. So reservations to some students who do not study well are always there.
That is the reason we have all backward caste students in a good position and they are the professors in a major part of the universities.
Approach Consultancy for a second time to get assistance
Always keep in touch with consultancy once in a month or a week to see how your PhD. is going on. If you do not keep regular contact then it will be a great problem.
They do not bother about you. They have many clients like you and it is a great trouble to really get through. So always keep in mind that your PhD consultant remembers you and your given responsibility.
PhD Duration in India is 3 years
You must wait for 3 years to get your PhD. The more you wait for, the better the value of your PhD. If anyone tells you that you can finish your PhD in one year, do not trust them. The time to complete a PhD depends on various factors.
Your PhD. has no value in any way. So Always understand this and take enough care not to fall into the net of these consultants. You have to wait for 3 years after the completion of your master’s to get your PhD. easily in India.
Your admission date in the records of the University is important. You’re finishing date of PhD also important. This is how you can bring validity to your PhD. for further stages.
Easiest PhD in India, if you feel tough doing it.
You must pay to get your thesis done. If you want to get an easy PhD, you have to compulsorily do some search for online services in India. You have to understand that these services are more valuable.
These services would give you the best of the thesis. If you prepare yourself, the thesis may be rejected if you do not have enough talent. Better you get rid of this and do more about buying your thesis.
In Delhi markets, people sell thesis for 10000 to 100000 rupees. You can buy in Delhi market the PhD thesis. This is the easy solution if you find it difficult to write a thesis for yourself.
Dream Your PhD awarded in India
First of all, I warn everyone who is reading this. Do not go by my suggestion. This way of buying PhD thesis in Indian markets is something wrong and not good as a PhD. student. Under some exceptional conditions, you can do buying your PhD thesis.
This must be your entire goal and method while doing your PhD. You must be awarded PhD degree very soon. This is the very best method. You have to be determined to get your PhD.
When you have this goal nobody is going to stop you from doing your PhD successfully. In order to award PhD, you must be in a stable position, to go ahead and get yourself recognized.
Online PhD programs in India
Probably there are no universities that are offering online PhD degrees in India. Even though if there are some, they are probably fake degrees. Better to do in part-time mode.
Be aware of Indian Consultants who assist to do PhD in India
Most of the PhD consultancies are not genuine. They may take the money and go away. They may not bother you. They will not entertain you further. They are not good for some reason.
So take every step of you with good care when you approach them. PhD is a thing of care and attention to succeed PhD . If you lack any of these qualities, you will be in great trouble and feel PhD tough.
Do not pay whole money at once to get admission into PhD in India.
This we have been discussing in this post that we must never give money to anyone. Once you start giving money beforehand, you will be in great danger not to get back that money.
I am not saying to pay at all but pay by half the full amount. You can pay the amount only half to what has been accepted. So this is very important.
Do not commit yourself to pay whole money at once to your PhD consultant for just getting an easy PhD. Unless you realize this you don’t go to meet PhD consultant.
Check for development by directly contacting a university about your PhD.
If you want to get an easy PhD, you will meet somebody out there to help you out. But there were many instances when the consultants cheated PhD aspirants. Once your consultant tells you that you got admission to any university, he may show some proof of documents.
But sometimes those documents will be forged. So once you must visit your university with your admission number and confirm that you really got admission. This type of action will put you in a safe zone not to get cheated by any of the helpers of PhD.
When you want to do an easy PhD, you have to be sure not to fall into a trap. This is an advice blog for your PhD. studies. So I have to tell you fairly and bluntly. It is up to your choice whether to be careful or not. Also, ask for your PhD Viva process .
Pay to maintain all records to show UGC about your PhD Progress in India.
In fact, you need to pay for showing some documents to the UGC for inspections. Many times your consultants will help you to get your doctoral committee meetings done.
In India, it is all management. You need to somehow manage a PhD. related works with your money. There is a lot of corruption happening when you want to study PhD.
How much does it cost for maintaining your attendance records”? It is very less when you compare to other expenses. Maybe it may cost you around 50000 rupees. So get ready with some money.
Often contact with colleagues who do PhD in India along with you
If you want to get your PhD easily, you have to approach your friend. Always have contact with them and be in touch talking with them about the progress of your PhD. goals.
This will help you to know what exactly is happening with you and with other colleagues in terms of your PhD subject. Your research will progress if you meet your PhD friends once in a while and talk to them about how exactly are they performing and compare with them your research so that it will help you to move fast and get your PhD easily done during the stipulated time
if you don’t meet your friends and remain quiet alone, this may bring problems to you. If for example, the university may ask you to do something or it may conduct a meeting.
You may sometimes miss the email from the university. So I will recommend to all PhD students and candidates and PhD aspirants to make sure to contact your friends, what I mean so that you are always up to date in your research area.
I recommend that you create one Whatsapp group. You can post all the updates on what is happening with all of you in that group. Every day you can get updates and you can really work out as a group through your mobile device.
Easy way to get PhD in India from start to end in detail.
In 2022, there are many Indian universities that are offering different notifications to take you into their PhD course. I recommend you to check for phd notification.
Once you check for the latest notification, try applying without any delay. Many students make the mistake of postponing after looking at the advertisement. After some time they forget to apply.
By then the deadline comes up. So never delay in applying. Also, remember to check online websites to see for any notifications.
Be aware of fake PhD universities. You can check the list of fake universities given by the Indian Express newspaper.
Once you have filtered those universities, you must be now courageous to tell others about the university that you are studying. This way you can do your PhD happily.
The other problem while applying to any university is choosing a supervisor or PhD guide. If you meet them personally before the entrance exam or even before the notification, it will be very good for you. I say this because most of the selections come from the recommendations of PhD guides or supervisors.
So try to be in touch with one or two professors in the university that you apply to. If you do not know personally, at least get a recommendation from one of your friends who know them.
If there is no such possibility from your friend’s side, then do not worry. I recommend you to take your email id and drop a personal email to the PhD guide from that university and establish slowly a relationship by mentioning your area of interest and that you want to pursue your PhD under his or her guidance. Once you have done this, then the best time is to make an appointment to meet PhD guide personally.
All these things must happen even before the notification taking place. There will be no time once the notification comes out.
So get in complete touch with a professor out there in the university. Only then you can easily get admission in India. In a country like India, recommendations work like anything.
If you have someone strongly recommending you who is powerful in status, it is very easy to get any type of admission. You must cast this Indian culture to get admission in 2019-20 for your PhD studies.
There are many hurdles till you will finish your PhD coursework after admission. If you do not clear Pre-Phd, you are not allowed to move forward. So to get admission is one thing and to complete course work is yet another challenging thing in India.
Do it with all the resources and knowledge. This is the only way to survive your PhD course.
Top 10 mistakes while applying for PhD in India.
- Delay in applying to PhD
- Waiting so many years unnecessarily
- You want to join only in a particular university
- You do not want to study hard
- You want to earn money from your current job
- You do not want to spend money
- You do not want to leave your village or city
- You do not wish to study PhD too far.
- You are lazy to crack PhD entrance
- You are demotivated to do PhD.
The above 10 mistakes will always haunt you while wanting to do PhD in India in the year 2019-20. Think now where are you exactly and what you are thinking right now. Once you know some problem is putting you behind in applying for a PhD, just try to change and say to yourself that you can study PhD
The way you take choices will matter most of the time. Should you think too much, you will lose most of the time. There is no way to get it back. There is no way to do PhD after becoming too old.
My best suggestion for easiest PhD in India is to act promptly now and today.
Apply with all the efforts in any university. No worries about the type of university.
Some students that I knew were not interested in a full-time PhD. They wait long years and waste time to do PhD in part-time. This is not a good idea. Just whichever opportunity falls in front of you, take it and move. It is OK whether it is a full or part-time PhD. In the end, when you finish it, who cares about how you did your PhD.
It is important whether you have completed it or not.
How to convince Indian professor to get an easy PhD admission in India
- Submit a Research Proposal
- Drop emails regularly
- Ask for advice time and again.
- Get some study materials from the professor.
- Give some gifts during festivals.
- Ask for outing and dining on some festive days.
- Take control of him with pleasing nature.
- Try to visit his house.
- Ask for any new updates.
- Ask him to recommend during the selection process.
If you do all this even before getting admission, you are on the go. You can easily get admission even if you get fewer marks in one or the other examinations. You can simply put yourself top by competing with other students out there for the same seat.
How to apply for 5 universities at a time in India easily?
Firstly know the date of the entrance exam when a notification comes from the universities. Once you know the dates, try to apply all of them and continuously attend the exams and interviews. In this way, you may get admission at least in one of the universities.
Keep enough money. For PhD application, you need to pay up to 1000 rupees. So you have to carry some 5000 rupees without spending them for other purposes. Never think you are wasting money. Education is always a good thing.
Spend more money to buy books. This will help you to crack entrance exams and interviews.
Watch my video on how to face PhD interview .
Now that you have watched the video, you must have to know exactly how to give PhD interview and answer all the questions. The PhD interview is a crucial step in getting PhD admission. Always remember to prepare a good topic or area of interest. Have a thorough understanding of your research topic.
Your interview is all about your research area. If you convince the doctoral members over there in the PhD panel, you can easily get PhD admission in India.
It is always good that you take enough time to prepare your topics. Do some mock interviews beforehand. Even other students are appearing for the same seat. You have to show some difference that you are quite special.
If doctoral members are impressed with your performance, then you can easily get through your admission process. Your name will be on the merit list out on the university website.
PhD without course work in India
Is there any PhD in India that does not require coursework? Absolutely no. The course is mandatory. It is the rule given by United Grants Commission.
But there are possibilities with some private and government universities to manage your course work by offering some money. Many of them do this way. So it is unofficial. But officially speaking you must complete coursework.
PhD courses in India
There are many PhD courses that are available in India. PhD courses in India are:
- PhD in Engineering ( All branches available)
- PhD in Humanities
- PhD in Education etc.
Easiest subject for PhD in India
PhD in political science is the easiest subject for PhD in India. Indians are good at political knowledge by birth. Anybody can do PhD in the frame of politics easily. So the easiest subject is Politics for PhD in India.
And there are many other PhD courses for which you can take advantage of getting admission.
Benefits of PhD in India
The main benefit of PhD in India is that you will finish PhD easily in as short as possible. There is no requirement to do lots of research and hard work to finish a PhD. Even low-quality theses’ are quite acceptable in many of the universities. There are many other benefits of PhD in India like:
- Easy availablility of PhD guide
- Simple application process
- Easy flow chart of the program
- Good career prospect in another benefit of PhD in India
- Salary increments after PhD in India
- So try to do PhD with all my above suggestions.
My Bonus tips for International students to do PhD in India easily
Doing PhD in India involves a lot of struggles in terms of partiality. Here in India PhD supervisors show a lot of partiality with research scholars around them.
Usually, Indians are this way from birth as a culture. So it is all the way difficult nowadays to do PhD. in India unless you master some tactics on how to impress your administrative officials.
Sometimes this may or may not take place out of many of your efforts. So while applying for PhD in India as an international student is a waste of money and your precious time.
I never recommend this at all for International students. This is just my strong opinion after living many years in India researching how educational institutes act upon.
So never try for a PhD in India as an international student. But under some exceptions, if you really want to experience the culture of India, well and well you can join a good university in India.
There are some eligibility limitations and problems with India for international students. They are like once you begin your PhD studies in India; you will have to undergo certain things like match up with the climatic conditions and the culture of India. That is it you can just win your PhD.
I personally feel that the climatic conditions in India are terrible for international students. Especially if you are from Canada and want to do your PhD in India (though it may never happen) you cannot cope up with the climate. So that is it the situation.
Once you are able to do the right things, you can study for your PhD properly and perfectly. In India, you will have to face a lot of pressure with your money.
All the way Indians want to grab money from international students. They like a foreigner because they have lots of money with them.
So if someone makes friendship with you during your PhD studies in India, it is very difficult to find the genuineness of your good wishes. This may just be to grab some money from you at a later point. They betray you most of the time and they will be waiting for your downfall at a later stage.
Never makes too close friendships as an international PhD student in India.
The way you need to develop a personality is just to go calm and do your work. Spend your 3 years of time in good silence and of course research.
In this way, you will finish PhD without any struggles and problems. Get yourself tough in heart and be strong in mind until you finish your PhD. in India. Never join in PhD with government universities in India.
They will upset you with the services. When you finish your PhD and go to your own country, government universities will not bother you. They will not support you with any urgent paperwork via email or post.
So for an international student, I recommend joining a private university for your PhD. They will really do the support and paperwork whenever you want it from your own country.
Popular posts that others are reading now::
- How to Finish PhD Quickly
- How to Prepare for a PhD Entrance Exam and Crack it | PET Preparation Tips |
- PhD duration in India
- PhD stipend in India?
- PhD Salary In India
- How to apply for PhD Vignan University| A Review on PhD Progam
- PhD in Garden City University
Syam Prasad Reddy T
Hello, My name is Syam, Asst. Professor of English and Mentor for Ph.D. students worldwide. I have worked years to give you these amazing tips to complete your Ph.D. successfully. Having put a lot of efforts means to make your Ph.D. journey easier. Thank you for visiting my Ph.D. blog.
You May Also Like
Age limit for PhD in Germany
What must be the Age limit for PhD in Norway
Age Limit For PhD in the USA. Little known restriction for PhD, USA.
- Engineering & Technology
- Medicine & Health Sciences
- Science & Humanities
- Agricultural Sciences
- Distance Education
- Online Education
- quick links:
- Departments A-Z
- Center of Excellence
- Staff / Faculty
- Visiting Foreign Faculty
- Directorate of Research
- Recent Projects
- Research Highlights
- Research Day
- Recent News
- Sponsored Projects
- Ph.D Awarded
- Ph.D Registered
- Car Project
- Medical Research Center
- Center for Statistics
- Earthquake Research Cell
- Industry Connect
- Multi-disciplinary Research
- Innovation & Incubation
Call for Proposals
- Nanotechnology Research
- SRM DBT Platform
- Regulations & Forms
- Research Day 2022
Life at SRM
- Art and Culture
- Student Counselling
- Facilities & Operations
- SRM Muthucharam
- Public Service
- Holistic Development
- Enjoyable Green Campus
- Student Affairs
- Community Centers
- Religious Life
Housing & Residental
- Girls Hostel
- Boys Hostel
How to apply.
- Dining & Eateries
- Safety & Security
- Sports & Fitness Events
- Grievance Redressal
- Anti-ragging Committee
International Relations at SRM
- International Advisory Board
- Outward Mobility
- Inward Mobility / Exchange
- Networking & Alliances
- Semester Abroad Programme
- Dual Degree Programme
- Twining Programme
- Study at SRM / Exchange
- Global Immersion Programme
- International Alumni Network
- International Events
- International News
SRM in Focus
- Ranking & Accreditation
- Recognition & Awards
- Apex Leadership
- Administrative Heads
- Academic Heads
- Alumni Affairs
- Controller of Examinations
- Career Centre
- Campus Administration
- Learning & Development
- International Relations
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Quick Links:
- Virtual Tour 360°
- Student Achievements
- latest News
- Admission India
Admissions India - ph.D
About the ph.d research programmes.
Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT-Phase II is initiated by the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) of the Govt. of India to promote research in the Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) and IT and IT Enabled areas (https://phd.dic.gov.in/). Based on the proposal submitted by the Institute, TWO full-time PhD seats are allotted to the Institute by the MeitY under Phase II. The research areas available under this scheme for which this call has been released are provided in Annexure A1.
Two years of Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be legible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D Degree in the same Institution.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently- abled.
(i) Full Time candidates: All candidates who pursue full time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category. (ii) Part Time (Internal) candidates: All candidates employed in SRMIST who pursue part time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category. (iii) Part Time (External) candidates: All candidates working in Industrial units, Colleges, Government departments, Research organizations or other Institutions, sponsored for pursuing Ph.D. Programmes in SRMIST while continuing to serve in their respective Institutions/ organizations which are recognized as the Research Centres of SRMIST shall belong to this category. They shall pursue research in their place of employment and /or in this SRMIST.
Full time Programme : Min 3 years – Max 5 years (including course work) Part time Programme : Min 3 years – Max 6 years (including course work)
The duration of the programme and the time for submission of thesis are counted from the date of provisional registration.
Part Time (Internal/External): Part time Ph.D. programme is allowed provided all the conditions mentioned in the extant Ph.D. regulations are met.
Under extraordinary circumstances if the candidate fails to submit the thesis within the maximum period, further extension of the period for a maximum of two years may be granted by the Vice Chancellor, on the recommendations of the Doctoral Committee, Director of concerned Faculty and Director (Research). After the expiry of the maximum period including the extension granted, a candidate will be permitted to Re-register as per the following regulations. (i) For those candidates who want to re-register under the same supervisor on the same area of research, the earlier Doctoral Committee and the course works completed will hold good. (ii) For those candidates who want to re-register with a different supervisor on a different area of research will be subjected to the regulations applicable for the fresh candidates. (iii)If the area of research is the same, the new Doctoral Committee will decide whether the earlier course works completed can be considered for exemption or not.
The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the womencandidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
Engineering & Technology
- School of Mechanical
- School of Civil
- School of Computing
- School of EEE
- School of Bio Engineering
- School of Chemical and Material Technology
- School of Architecture and Interior Design
Basic Sciences & Humanities
- School of Biosciences
- School of Computer Sciences
- School of Commerce and Economics
- School of Media Studies
- School of Languages
- School of Basic Sciences
- School of Management
Medical & Health Sciences
- Animal House
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- Paediatric Medicine and Neonatology
- Respiratory Medicine
- General Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Translational Medicine and Research
- Vascular Surgery
- Audiology & Speech language Pathology
- Medical Research
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health
Faculty of Law
AICTE has granted approval for starting of a new QIP centre (Minor) in the following PhD programmes/disciplines with the sanctioned number of seats.
Under this scheme, opportunities are provided for faculty members of AICTE recognized degree level/ polytechnic level institutions to improve their qualification, by offering admissions in Masters and Ph.D. degree programmes.
- Three years of teaching experience at graduate/
- polytechnic level A Master’s degree in the appropriate branch
- The candidate, if selected and admitted, should be on deputation and his/her normal salary and allowances are to be paid by the parent institution.
- The candidate selected for admission under QIP will have to execute an undertaking to serve his/her parent institution for a minimum period of three years after completion of the program.
- The candidate shall be willing to complete either 3rd or 4th semester (if allotted) at a foreign university as directed by the host QIP Center.
- Scholarship – Rs.15,000/- P.M (for 3 year).
- Every Ph.D. scholar will have to complete at least One Semester for carrying out studies/research work or part of it in a Foreign University ( if offered through the concerned QIP Centre).
- In case of attending one semester at a Foreign University, AICTE will reimburse up to Rs. 3.00 lakhs (Rs.Three Lakhs) in addition to Rs.15,000.00 per month scholarship to the scholar for pursuing his research work in foreign University during the semester spent there. The lump sum allowance of Rs. 3.00 lakhs includes the cost of travel expenses, boarding & lodging expenses etc. and all personal expenses during the entire period of stay by the scholar to complete his semester.
Candidates are advised to apply under the QIP program at https://iitg.ac.in/qip/ as and when applications are called for.
Apply Online with e-payment
Use the URL: https://admissions.srmist.edu.in/srmistonline/phdapplication to register and pay online.
- All fields marked with* in the application form are mandatory to be filled.
- Passport sized (dimension 200 x 230 pixels preferred) photograph and signature (dimension 140 x 60 pixels preferred)
- After successful submission of the application form, an application number will be generated. Save that number for future reference and communications.
Successful admissions are an outcome that depends on applicant meeting various timelines. Find out all the important dates for your application to programmes in SRMIST.
Ph.D. Admissions - Visvesvaraya Scheme
15th dec 2022.
All full time PhD scholars who are selected for provisional registration during the admission year 2021 onwards will be paid Rs. 25,000/- per month for a maximum period of 3 years. Candidates who have qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/GATE/GPAT will be paid Rs. 31,000/- per month for a maximum period of 3 years. The eligibility for availing stipend every year, subsequent to the provisional registration, will be based on the progress made in research during the previous year, as part of PhD.
- Withdrawal for Engineering, Management and MCA courses will be as per AICTE norms.
- Withdrawal for all other courses will be as per UGC norms subject to directions of the statutory bodies.
Enjoy your Student Life & Excel at SRM
- Kattankulathur (KTR) - Chennai
- Ramapuram - Chennai
- Vadapalani - Chennai
- Delhi - NCR
- SRM University - AP (Andhra Pradesh)
- SRM University - Haryana
- SRM University - Sikkim
Colleges @ SRMIST KTR
- Engineering & Technology
- Medical & Health Sciences
- Science & Humanities
- Hotel Management
A to Z - Quicklinks
- Staff/Faculty Search
- Faculty & Staffs
- Innovation & Incubation Center
- Student Clubs
- Campus Tour
- How to Reach
Admissions & Aid
- Admission International
Media & Resources
- Press & Media
- Mandatory Disclosures
- Find a Person
- Kattankulathur - Chennai
- +91 44 27417000
- +91 44 27417777
- +080 69087000
- [email protected]
- AFIH - Applications Open
- Apply SRMJEEE 2023-2024
- Apply SRMJEEM - MBA 2023-24
- Apply Health Science UG 2023-24
- Apply Health Science PG 2023-24
- Super Speciality ( DM / MCH ) Admissions 2022-23
- Ph.D Admissions (Visvesvaraya Scheme Phase - II)
- Results Announcements
- SOP for Post-Covid19
- [email protected]
- Connect with us:
Couldn’t find the answer? Post your query here
- Science Exams
- IIT JAM Exam
- IIT JAM News & Updates
PhD Entrance Exams: Dates, Eligibilty, Admission Process, Preparation Tips
Get all the details about PhD Admissions in India 2023 such as PhD eligibility criteria, application process, admission process, job opportunities, list of colleges/ universities offering PhD here.
Why Should Pursue a PhD?
How to do phd in india, phd admission 2023: latest updates, phd admission 2023: college and mode of admission.
- PhD Admissions in Top Colleges / Top Universities 2023: Application …
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Admission 2023
Phd entrance exams for phd admission 2023, phd admission process 2023, structure of a phd course, list of popular universities in india offering phd admissions 2023, phd admission 2023: syllabus, disciplines for phd admissions 2023, phd admission 2023: preparation tips, job prospects after phd, confused about your exam or college applications, be the first to know.
Get Access to Latest Updates
PhD admission is determined by entrance exams. The top PhD entrance exams are CSIR UGC NET , UGC NET, IIT JAM , and NPAT . A valid GATE score is required for candidates wishing to pursue a PhD in Engineering and Technology. PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is the highest degree or doctorate awarded for research in a specific subject. PhD programs last 3 to 5 years. As per PhD eligibility criteria, PhD qualifications require a master's degree or an MPhil with a minimum aggregate score of 55% is required for a PhD. The CSIR UGC NET is a national-level PhD entrance exam that is held twice a year. In India, there are numerous PhD Scholarships available to students who wish to pursue a PhD. After completing their PhD degrees, students can choose from a variety of PhD Jobs and earn an average annual salary of INR 6 - 9 lakhs. Every year, numerous students apply for PhD admissions in India. PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is a doctorate degree, which is granted by many universities in India and abroad. Over the past few years, the scope of pursuing PhD courses in India has increased manifolds. PhD is a distinctive research-based programme that prepares aspirants to become competent researchers to carry out research in any of the specialties like Computer Science, Cosmetology, Commerce, Economics, Law, Linguistics, Management, etc. It is a programme that involves substantial research work and presentation of the thesis, which is to be accredited by fellow academicians. One can pursue a PhD course in a discipline or stream that he/she has studied in his/her post-graduation.
PhD requires a great level of commitment and an eye for detail. Candidates interested in PhD admissions in India are required to give presentations on their research work, submit their progress reports, and defend their thesis in an open defence viva-voce.
Aspirants should be familiar with the PhD 2023 application process, PhD eligibility requirements, admission requirements to pursue PhD courses, and PhD 2023 entrance exams in India in order to be fully informed about the PhD admission process in 2023. Despite the fact that India holds numerous doctoral entrance exams, universities may have different requirements for PhD admission.
In this article, check all the details about PhD admission process 2023, PhD 2023 entrance exams, PhD eligibility criteria 2023, application process, preparation tips, job prospects, list of colleges /universities offering a PhD and more.
Also Check: List of Private PhD Colleges in Maharashtra
A PhD is considered one of the most valued degrees not just in India but abroad as well. When it comes to your career graph, a PhD degree can be a good qualification for the aspirants. There are many colleges or universities that offer a PhD course for aspiring students, however, the question remains – Why should one have a PhD degree or why should a person opt for a PhD course. The answer to this question comes along with the benefits that are associated with a PhD degree.
A PhD degree offers a wide range of employment opportunities. One of the most sought-after jobs for a PhD degree holder is of a lecturer or a professor in a university or a researcher in most fields. Along with this, a PhD degree holder can get a job in publishing houses, educational institutes, law firms, consultancy, etc
Candidates will have in-depth knowledge and develop mastery over the subjects they have chosen for specialisation, which will be extremely useful for them in their careers
Candidates will get an insight into the theoretical aspect of the course and will get practical exposure as well
It is a respectable and reputed qualification
In order to apply for a PhD in India, there are several universities where students will find varied courses in research. For each university in India, there is a specific number of seats available. Some of these universities shortlist candidates on the basis of entrance examinations, interviews and research proposals.
- In India, the PhD application process is available in both online and offline modes.
- For applying to a university, applicants are required to procure or download the application form and prospectus for their respective courses by either writing to the university or by downloading the same online from the official website of the university.
- For some universities, the PhD application forms need to be forwarded to the university official address prior to the last date with the required documents.
- Considering the fee structure for a PhD course, the average or the tentative course fee is about INR 20,000 to 30,000 per year (varies from course to course and university to university)
Here are the important dates of PhD admission 2023 -
Also Read: IIT Hyderabad PHD 2023 Admission Started
PhD Admissions in Top Colleges / Top Universities 2023: Application Form Dates
The table below includes the top PhD colleges and their application dates for PhD Admission 2023:
Also Read: PhD courses in Yoga
Students who intend to pursue PhD in India must meet the required eligibility criteria. Listed below are the detailed PhD qualification required for pursuing a PhD from India:
Masters degree holders are eligible for admission into the doctoral programme. Although, for some subjects, having a Masters in Philosophy (MPhil) is needed for a PhD It must be noted by the candidates that in some Indian universities, for Masters programme, a specific percentage (or equivalent CGPA) is required by the candidates to be eligible to apply for a PhD
For admission into some reputable universities, a candidate must qualify the all India examination, like National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) conducted by NTA. Final year students appearing in the qualifying degree examination can also apply although they must submit the attested copies of their qualifying degree certificates.
Admission is offered on the basis of interview. The interview may be supplemented with a written exam if needed.
Candidates should have a valid Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score to pursue PhD in the field of engineering and technology. Also, candidates should have completed his/her degree in M.Tech - Masters of Technology / M.E - Masters in Engineering in any engineering branch in order to apply for PhD in engineering.
To be eligible for a PhD, there are many other PhD entrance tests in India that one can take.
The PhD entrance exams conducted in India may vary university-wise. PhD admission in India is based on enrollment to several universities. Universities accept the results of either a national-level or a university-level entrance examination. The following section summarises the PhD Admission 2023 entrance exam schedule for the accepted PhD entrance exams. Mentioned below are the names of the top PhD entrance examinations in India that candidates are required to take in order to pursue their PhD from some colleges/universities in India:
Also Read: IIT JAM 2023 Admission
PhD Admissions 2023: PhD Exams Held at Institutional Level
PhD entrance exams held at the institutional level are those exams the institutions undertake to provide admission to PhD degree aspirants.
Universities accept either national-level or university-level admission examination results. Following is a summary of the PhD Admission 2023 entrance exam program for the recognized PhD entrance exams.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) / Departmental Admission Test
- PhD applicants are not required to apply online through CUSAT CAT.
- They rather need to apply for PhD at Cochin University of Science and Technology through DAT - Departmental Admission Test.
- PhD application forms can be obtained from the particular departments, the students are interested to join.
- Completed applications must be submitted to the departments involved within the time frame specified in the notification.
- An aspirant who wants to pursue a programme of study and research leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) must apply for admission as a Full-Time or Part-Time research student in an Academic Unit of study or in an institution recognised by the University for this purpose, under an appropriate Faculty.
- Part-Time registration in the case of recognised institutions shall be provided only to permanent workers of the respective institutions.
- Students for admission to the PhD Programme must hold a Master's degree or a professional degree recognised as equivalent to a Master's degree by the applicable statutory regulatory body, with at least a 55 percent aggregate mark.
- The admission criteria declared by the University shall be based on the guidelines/norms provided by the UGC and other statutory organisations concerned, as well as any other rules created by the University from time to time.
- The Departmental Admission Test (DAT) is usually held annually, generally before the end of August.
- The University's relevant Department will administer the DAT for the PhD Programme (including admission to Recognized Institutions).
- The Departmental Admission Test (DAT) will consist of two parts: a written exam and an interview.
- In the event of candidates conducting interdisciplinary/ multidisciplinary research, the written exam may be on a subject offered by the academic unit where the candidate wishes to be registered.
- The Entrance Test syllabus will include subject/subjects particular to the Academic Unit of Research in question.
- The National Law University, Delhi (NLU D) organises AILET 2023 every year to give admission to BA LLB (Hons), Master of Law (LLM), and PhD programmes.
- The entrance exam will be organised in offline mode.
- The AILET law entrance exam for PhD consists of two sections, with a total of 100 marks.
- The updated AILET 2023 syllabus for the PhD programme includes one Multiple Choice Question section and the other is descriptive form.
BITS Pilani PhD Entrance Examination
- Full-time and part-time PhD programmes are available at BITS Pilani.
- Under the PhD Aspirants Scheme, industries and R&D organisations partnering with BITS can fund applicants to work towards a PhD.
- After passing the PhD qualifying examination, a candidate is typically admitted to the PhD programme.
- A few candidates may be admitted as provisional candidates to the programme before passing the PhD qualifying exams. This rule applies to all full-time research scholars on campus.
- The Academic Regulations of the Institute govern the general operation of the PhD programme.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram PhD
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology aims to conduct basic and applied research to address the national R&D needs of science and technology in general, and the Indian Space Programme in particular.
The Institute invites highly motivated applicants to apply for admission to the PhD Program, which will begin in July 2023, in disciplines such as Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Exam-takers must be under the age of 35 on June 7, 2023.
- Age relaxation is permitted under government regulations.
- Applicants who are about to finish their qualifying degrees and receive their degrees before October 31, 2023, are also eligible to apply for PhD admission.
- Admission to the PhD programme will be decided on an online screening test followed by an interview for candidates having an M.E /M.Tech. as their highest qualifying degree.
- The interview will take place by video conference.
- Candidates with valid UGC-CSIR-NET-JRF/Lectureship/NBHM/JEST post-ME/ M.Tech will be summoned for an interview through video conference.
- Applicants having a Master's Degree in Science as their highest qualifying degree must have a Qualifying Master's degree with a minimum of 65 percent marks (for General applicants) or 7.00 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent.
- They must have passed a national level eligibility test in the relevant fields, such as a valid UGC-CSIR-NET JRF/Lectureship or NBHM/JEST/GATE and State Government Science and Technology Scheme.
- Entry to the PhD programme will depend on an online standard test accompanied by a personal interview for candidates with a B.E - Bachelor of Engineering / B.Tech - Bachelor of Technology as their highest qualifying degree.
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- The TIFR University offers PhD and M.Sc-PhD programmes in the natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, and biology, as well as mathematics and computer science.
- The PhD programme typically lasts five years, the integrated M.Sc.-PhD programme six years, and the M.Sc. programme two years.
- Students are admitted to TIFR via a rigorous screening procedure that includes a written test and an interview.
- Selection process is based entirely on merit. Only the top 1.5% of applicants are accepted.
- It is a perfect site for young scientists to begin their careers, thanks to its distinguished staff, world-class facilities, and vibrant research environment.
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad PhD
- Applicants with exceptional academic performance and R&D experience are encouraged to apply through a Standing Committee.
- Applicants must email their curriculum vitae - CV - to pgadmissions(at)iiit.ac.in. This way of admission is only available for MS by Research and PhD programmes. Applications can be submitted at any time of the year.
- Candidates must submit an application that includes a resume and a statement of purpose.
- Email applications may be sent at any time of year.
- If the committee deems it essential, applicants may be invited for an interview.
- Students can pursue PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Natural Sciences, IT in Building Science, Computational Linguistics, Spatial Informatics, Cognitive Science, Human Sciences.
Symbiosis International PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2023 For PhD Programme
Research programmes leading to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree are available at Symbiosis International (Deemed University), in the following streams - PhD (Law), PhD (Management), PhD (Computer Studies), PhD (Health Sciences), PhD (Media and Communication), PhD (Humanities and Social Sciences), PhD (Engineering).
- SIU provides both full-time and part-time programmes.
- A PG degree with a minimum of 55% is required.
- Given the social distance guidelines imposed by the COVID -19 pandemic and to provide eager students with the option to begin their PhD programme as soon as possible, Symbiosis International Deemed University - SIU will hold the PhD Entrance Test (PET 2023) online this year.
- Candidates with NET/ SET/ SLET/ GATE/ M.Phil or UGC/ CSIR/ ICMR DBT/ RGNF/ MANF/ DST Inspire & NBHM Scholars are excluded from the entrance exam for the duration of the certificate/validity award's period.
- However, such candidates are required to attend a personal interview.
- CA/CS with 55 percent marks are allowed, as are PG Diplomas from IIMs and XLRI.
- Those with PG diplomas from other universities must produce proof of equivalency from statutory organisations such as AICTE/ UGC/ BCI. AICTE approval/AIU equivalence is not sufficient for eligibility.
- Extensive experience does not provide any extra advantage for exemption from entrance exams.
- For general questions about the PhD programme, students can call 020-6193-6236, 020-6193-6237, 7972282128, or 8668988218. ( during working hours).
- The following admissions season has commenced in April/ May 2023.
PhD Exams Held at National Level
These exams are held on a national level for the PhD Courses. Here are examples of some national-level PhD courses -
CSIR UGC NET Exam
- The CSIR NET test will be held three times in 2023.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) annually administers the CSIR UGC NET exam. Candidates' eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS) posts in science and technology will be determined by this exam.
- Candidates who pass the CSIR UGC NET test will be allowed to seek JRF and lecturer posts in different streams.
- The fields include Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Oceanic, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences, etc., in Indian institutions and colleges.
- JAM 2023 is being organised by IIT Roorkee.
- Students applying for admission to the academic programmes covered by JAM 2023 for the academic year 2023-24 must take JAM 2023 exam.
- For all Test Papers, the JAM 2023 Examination will be administered Online only as a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The paper will be divided into three parts: A, B, and C. All sections are required.
- Candidates who pass JAM 2023 may apply for admission to IITs for the academic year 2023-24.
- The JAM scores may be used to shortlist candidates for an interview for the final selection in IISc Bangalore's integrated PhD programmes in Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Biological Sciences.
- IIT JAM 2023 is open to all Indian and foreign nationals.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Applicants should be aware that simply appearing in JAM 2023 or being on the merit list of any Test Paper does not guarantee or offer automatic admission.
JNUEE / JNU Direct PhD
- The National Testing Agency accepts JNUEE applications for admission to various courses at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Master's Degree holders with sufficient research experience and publications, as well as M.Phil. Degree holders are eligible for admission if they have obtained a minimum of 55% of the marks or comparable grades defined by UGC guidelines.
- A national-scale entrance examination is followed by an interview to determine admission.
- The Admission Centre can recommend courses to candidates admitted to the PhD programme.
- To be qualified to proceed in the programme and publish the dissertation/thesis, PhD scholars must acquire a minimum of 55% of the marks or equivalent grade on the UGC 7-point scale in the course work.
- Chancellor Dr. G. Viswanathan established the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) in 1984 as Vellore Engineering College.
- PhD degrees offered through VITREE include PhD in Engineering, Integrated PhD in Engineering / Technology, PhD in Sciences, PhD in Languages, PhD in Management, PhD in Law, PhD in Fashion Technology, PhD in Design & Planning.
- The minimum term of study and research will be 30 months for full-time research students and 36 months for part-time scholars from the date of registration for the PhD programme to the date of thesis submission.
- The minimum duration of study and research will be four years, beginning with registration for the Integrated PhD programme and ending with thesis submission.
- Selection is based on VITREE 2023 score, PG Degree marks, research proposal, and interview. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria must take the VITREE 2023 computer-based test (CBT) for 2 hours at their test site of choice.
- The question paper for the PhD programme will consist of 100 MCQs (70 technical questions, 15 English communication skills questions, and 15 statistics and probability questions).
- The chosen candidates will be required to attend a personal interview via online mode on June 18 and 19, 2023. The selected candidates will be notified by July 1, 2023.
- Selection for the Integrated PhD is based on performance in the VITREE 2023 score, UG Degree marks, Research proposal, and Personal Interview conducted online.
Also Read : Top M.Sc + PhD Colleges in India
The need for a PhD degree in India has increased in recent times because of the increasing career prospects and the growing requirement for higher specialisation. Applicants who wish to do a PhD must take the following points into consideration with respect to the admission procedure of PhD. Admission to PhD programmes is made based on merit and/or admission exams.
Admission into the colleges/ universities in India is available for the candidates in Full time and Part time programmes in various disciplines of engineering, arts, management, commerce, science, humanities, finance, law, medicine and IT.
Candidates can choose to pursue their PhD either full time or part time. The minimum duration of PhD is 2 years wherein the course follows the semester system including theory and practical versions on the specialisation on a respective course.
For PhD admission, Masters degree is required in India. Some universities in India offer seats to the students having a minimum of 55% or equivalent.
In some cases, doing a Master in Philosophy (M.Phil) is a prerequisite to begin a PhD course offered by some universities.
The admissions in a PhD programme is done through an entrance test at the university level or national level.
The admission procedure for both processes is described below.
Merit-Based PhD Admissions
- PhD admission to prestigious institutions is based on merit.
- The institute may request the candidates submit an abstract of their research proposal for this purpose.
- This is done primarily to scrutinise the candidates, after which the selected candidates are advised of the next steps.
- Applicants must also meet the fundamental eligibility standards of 50-55 per cent (approx) in the PG course.
Entrance Based PhD Admissions
- To get admission to PhD programmes, national and institutional entrance exams are held.
- For admission to PhD programmes, some universities even conduct personal interviews in addition to entrance tests
In India, PhD is a programme that has been designed for students who have already done their undergraduate and postgraduate training. As far as the overall structure of PhD is concerned, it is an advanced research qualification that consists of coursework and research work. The particular requirements to earn a PhD degree differs considerably according to the country, institution, and time period, from entry-level research degrees to higher doctorates.
The structure of a PhD programme involves pedagogy, coursework, qualifying exam, preparation of research proposal and thesis work. In each stage of the programme, the performance of the student is evaluated throughout all the semesters.
For PhD admissions, the majority of the universities/institutes conduct their own entrance examinations and also consider the GATE/ NET scores. Here is a list of some of the popular universities in India that offer PhD courses to the candidates:
The PhD Admission syllabus is determined by the stream chosen. The contents for the science stream are comparable to the CSIR NET Syllabus, while the topics for the other courses are similar to the UGC NET Syllabus. The syllabus for PhD studies varies depending on the specialisation in the field chosen by the candidates.
PhD programmes include both traditional academic classroom sessions and research projects. Admission to PhD programmes is heavily reliant on the research effort. A PhD course consists of course study, a qualifying examination, research proposal/abstract preparation, and thesis work.
The table below lists the names of various major disciplines that are offered in India for the candidates to pursue their PhD
Here are some preparation tips for PhD entrance exam preparation for PhD admission 2023 -
- Students should gather past year PhD entrance exam question papers from reliable sources and study accordingly.
- They must refer to the PhD entrance exam syllabus as per their specialisation.
- The entrance exam format varies depending on the conducting body; therefore, the aspirants must be informed of the structure to plan accordingly.
- They must cover all exam subjects at least one month before the exam.
- To relieve exam stress, the students must take advantage of the various mock tests available.
- Keeping up with current events is vital because they are essential for grades.
- Visiting the exam centre a day before the exam to avoid last-minute confusion about where the exam centre location is advised.
- Before the exam, students must get a good night's sleep.
In today’s world, there is immense scope for the candidates after they have completed their PhD. Gone are those days when the scope of PhD was limited to academia. After completing a PhD, one should track his/her potential and apply to jobs based on his/her exact skills and expertise.
Following are a few career options that candidates can choose after pursuing a PhD:
Lecturer & Professor
Author & Writer
Editor & Critic
Human Services Worker
Industrial R&D Lab professionals
Senior Research Scientist
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more such updates and information. Aspirants can also contact our QnA Zone to get their queries resolved by our experts or call us on our toll free helpline - 1800 572 9877.
CollegeDekho wishes good luck to all the candidates seeking PhD admissions in India!
In most cases, a two-year Master's OR MPhil degree in the relevant field from any accredited Indian or foreign university is the minimal requirement for admission to a PhD programme. She or he must have earned a master's degree or a grade equivalent with at least 55%.
A specific group of students can finish their PhD in two years. Nothing, however, can be specified as such.
Yes. It is every so often possible to forego your master's programme and enrol directly in doctoral courses. You can choose to forego your PG degree by enrolling in a research programme after earning your bachelor's degree.
Humanities, social sciences, education, and other easy PhD courses are among the many available.
A PhD is the highest educational qualification that can be obtained. A PhD candidate can expect to earn PhD salary between INR 6 and INR 12 lakhs per year.
Yes. Candidates interested in pursuing a PhD programme must first complete their master's degree and then apply.
A PhD programme allows you to specialise in a variety of fields. Chemistry Clinical Psychology Education Physics Electronics and Communications Engineering Educational Leadership and Administration are some of the popular doctorate level courses.
A doctorate or PhD degree typically takes three years to complete. Candidates accepted into the programme have a maximum of 5 to 6 years to complete their research. However, the duration of the PhD programmes varies by institute.
A PhD is an abbreviation for Doctor of Philosophy, which is the highest academic course level.
Was this article helpful?
Do you have a question ask us..
Typical response between 24-48 hours
Get personalized response
Free of Cost
Access to community
Best courses after bsc - jobs, salary, career options, higher education, du admission 2023: get bsc, ba, and bcom admission details here, bsc courses list, list of most important chapters/ topics for nest 2023, what is a good score in nest 2023, list of courses offered by niser through nest 2023, trending now.
- JEE Advanced 2023: 10 Common Mistakes to Avoid while Preparing
- MH Board Class 12 Commerce Preparation Tips: Check Exam Pattern, Important Books
- CUET 2023: Application Form (Out), Exam Date (Released), Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Main 2023 Number of Attempts - How Many Times Can We Give JEE Main
- Top 10 AICTE Approved BBA/BBM Colleges in India in 2023
- MH Board Class 10 Social Science Preparation Tips
- CMAT 2023 Analysis by T.I.M.E: Check Detailed Section-wise Analysis
- CMAT 2023 Analysis by IMS: Check Detailed Section-wise Analysis & Cutoff
- ISC Class 12 Chemistry Question Paper Analysis 2023 (Available) LIVE Updates: Student Reviews, Answer Key
- Current Affairs Today 27 February 2023: National, international, state-wise
- TNSTC Recruitment 2023 drivers and conductors: Last date to apply tomorrow
- Maharashtra Class 12 Physics Exam 2023 (Available) LIVE Updates: Question Paper Analysis, Answer Key, Student Reviews
- CBSE Class 10 English Answer Key 2023 (Available): Question Paper Analysis, Student Reviews
- CTET Result 2023 Expected anytime soon, Where to check
- HPSC Recruitment 2023: Apply for 112 Assistant District Attorney Posts
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Scorecard 2023 releasing today at ssc.nic.in, How to download
Subscribe to CollegeDekho News
- Select State Andaman and Nicobar Andhra Pradesh Arunachal Pradesh Assam Bihar Chandigarh Chhattisgarh Dadra and Nagar Haveli Daman and Diu Delhi Goa Gujarat Haryana Himachal Pradesh Jammu & Kashmir Jharkhand Karnataka Kerala Lakshadweep Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Manipur Meghalaya Mizoram Nagaland Odisha Puducherry Punjab Rajasthan Sikkim Tamil Nadu Tripura Uttarakhand Uttar Pradesh West Bengal Telangana
Science Related News
Iit jam answer key 2023 released: pdf download link, steps to challenge, structure of cuet 2023: check pattern, marking and exam scheme, top 10 science colleges in india.
- Approved by: UGC, NAAC
- Type: Private
- Download Brochure
- Approved by: UGC, NAAC, AICTE
- Approved by: NAAC
- Get Free Counselling
- Approved by: Other
- Approved by: UGC, AICTE, NAAC
- Type: Public
- Approved by: UGC, AICTE
- B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- B.Sc. + M.Sc.
CollegeDekho's expert counsellors can help you with all your doubts
- Enter a Valid Name
- Enter a Valid Mobile
- Enter a Valid Email
Your College Admissions journey has just begun !
Try our AI-powered College Finder. Feed in your preferences, let the AI match them against millions of data points & voila! you get what you are looking for, saving you hours of research & also earn rewards
For every question answered, you get a REWARD POINT that can be used as a DISCOUNT in your CAF fee. Isn’t that great?
1 Reward Point = 1 Rupee
Basis your Preference we have build your recommendation.
Something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again.
- --> Try Free Downloads
- Electronics And Communication
- Computer Science And IT
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Biological Sciences (BL)
- Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Physics (PH)
- Geology (GG)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Economics (EN)
- Computer Science & Applications
- Human Resource Management
- Library And Information Science
- Political Science
- General Paper 1
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- General Aptitude
- SSC GD Constable
- RRB Group D
- Choose Exam Goal
- About Eduncle
Speak With a Friendly Mentor.
- My Wishlist
- Subscribe Exams
- Try Free Downloads
- Articles (83)
- Products (165)
- Why UGC NET?
- Tips by Toppers
- Question Papers
- Answer Keys
- Mock Test Download
- Our Results & Toppers
- Why Choose Eduncle?
Eduncle posted an Article
What is phd degree types, qualification, fee, career.
If you want to discover something incredible in your field and wish to include a title of doctor with the name, or you want to study in Philosophy. Then, Ph.D. is the right course for you. It is a pure research postgraduate degree in your field.
Generally, a degree in Doctor of Philosophy involves: -
Take a literature review in your area.
Organize original research and gather your results.
Building research that presents your conclusions.
Write up your ideas and submit them as an Essay.
Defending your ideas in an oral viva voce exam.
When you have a PhD Degree, you can make your career as a university professor, scientist, and researcher.
Get Top Scores in UGC NET 2022. Download Experts Designed UGC NET Study Material.
In this article, we have mentioned all the complete details of PhD degree with eligibility, course duration, fees, career opportunities, etc. If you have a master’s degree and want to study higher i.e. PhD, then you can check these details regarding the PhD program here.
What is PhD Degree - Checkout Definition
Key Details of PhD in India
Type of PhD Degree
Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
Doctorate in pharmacy (pharm d), master’s in philosophy (mphil).
How to Get PhD Degree?
Other important criteria, phd degree duration and fee structure, career opportunities for phd degree candidates, definition of phd.
PhD in India extended form is “ Doctor of Philosophy ,” a postgraduate doctoral degree awarded to the students who give an original contribution of their knowledge, technologies, and methodologies to engage in the research field. It is the advanced level of academic degree in India a person can earn. It is also called Ph.D, D.Phil, or DPhil in some countries. A person who achieves PhD degree can use the title of Doctor with the name.
But, which type of doctorate is right for you – Integrated PhD or a Regular PhD? Many candidates do not know the difference between Integrated PhD or Regular PhD . The major difference is that you can opt for Regular PhD only after completing a master’s degree. But, if you are interested in the research field and have a graduate degree yet, you can apply for the Integrated PhD Course.
Download Free UGC NET 2022 Model Paper & Solutions
According to the AISHE Report, more than 2 lakh candidates apply for a PhD course in India for different subjects every year. There are many PhD Universities in India in which the oldest universities are the University of Calcutta (1818) and the University of Madras and Mumbai (1857).
In short, some interesting facts about PhD Degree course have mentioned in the table below:
Types of PhD Degree
There are 1043 universities available in India which offer PhD Degree. Most of the students appear for the PhD course in Engineering & Technology, closely followed by the science stream. All the PhD courses are divided into three major parts: -
As per the name, it offers higher study in different management fields and other functional areas. This full-time course aims to provide high skilled scholars, innovative researchers, and teachers in the management fields. An FPM is a Doctor of Philosophy level qualification involved in Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) generally provided by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
It is a professional doctorate in pharmacy. A Pharma D holder knows drugs and medicines of every field. Usually, the duration of this course is six years.
It is an advanced research postgraduate degree before the Doctor of Philosophy. Most of the universities in India offer MPhil degrees in the stream of arts, science, and humanities. Some others provide integrated MPhil PhD degrees in which degree holders are usually exempted from doctoral coursework requirements.
Some other important PhD Degree courses are: -
Doctor of Education
Doctor of Science
Doctor Program in Legal Profession
Doctor in Health Profession
Integrated Doctor of Philosophy
Download UGC NET Syllabus to start your preparation with the proper strategy.
How to Get PhD Degree
What is the PhD Eligibility criteria? This is the most frequent question generally asked by master’s degree holders. Well! The requirement for PhD admission is measured with one major constraint Education Qualification. If you find yourself eligible for Doctor of Philosophy with the below criteria, apply for it.
The minimum qualification to apply for PhD in India is: -
You must have a master’s degree in a relevant subject. (bachelor’s degree required for Integrated PhD Course).
You should have at least 55% qualifying marks in your post-graduation (or equivalent).
Some universities require PhD Entrance Exams such as NET/ GATE/ IIT JAM qualification to get admission in Doctor of Philosophy.
If you are preparing for the NET Exam, good quality study material is essential for UGC NET preparation to score well. Eduncle provides the complete UGC NET 2022 Study Material to prepare for the 2022 session that will help you to boost your preparation for a good result.
Candidates who live in India or foreign countries can apply for PhD Course in India if they satisfy the qualification criteria.
As you all know, the age limit does not matter in your higher study education. If you have decided to get more knowledge in your field, then no one can stop you. You can apply for it at any stage of age.
Download Free PDF of UGC NET Question Papers
The course duration for PhD depends on part-time or full-time length. Typically, PhD degree course in India takes 2-3 years. But, some universities have the 4-5 years minimum duration in which dissertation phase is complete into 2-3 years.
The course fees may vary for different universities in India. The average fee for the PhD course is 50,000 per year.
There is a myth that ‘Doctor of Philosophy is a training to become University Professor’. There are many career opportunities after doing this course that can pay you well and nourish your skills too. Below you can check the Career Opportunities for PhD
Become a writer
You can get a job in some government departments -
Department of Education
Department of Energy
Department of Health and Human Services
Department of Homeland Security
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Justice
Department of Labor
Department of State
We hope the above information and guidelines are helpful to know about the Doctor of Philosophy. However, if you have any queries regarding this course, you can ask us in the comment section below.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- how to get phd degree
- phd degree courses
- best phd degrees for jobs
- phd admission
You Might Also Like
what is this consultant post? How is it?
- Likes ( 0 )
Do You Want Better RANK in Your Exam?
Start Your Preparations with Eduncle’s FREE Study Material
- Updated Syllabus, Paper Pattern & Full Exam Details
- Sample Theory of Most Important Topic
- Model Test Paper with Detailed Solutions
- Last 5 Years Question Papers & Answers
Sign Up to Download FREE Study Material Worth Rs. 500/-
I agree to the Terms and Conditions
I agree to receive exam notifications via WhatsApp.
Wait Wait Wait... !
We Have Something Special for YOU
Download FREE Study Material Designed by Subject Experts & Qualifiers
Want Enhanced Learning Experience For Exam Preparation?
- Ask Your Doubts and Get Them Answered by Exam Experts & Students' Community Members Across India
- Regular Guidance, Mentorship & Study Tips by Eduncle Experts
- Quality Content with More Than 300 Courses in Multiple Exams Curated by Experts
Enter your mobile number to get the download link.
Learning & Teaching App
Skyrocket Your Chances to RANK HIGHER in the Exam
Time management is very much important in IIT JAM. The eduncle test series for IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics helped me a lot in this portion. I am very thankful to the test series I bought from eduncle.
Eduncle served as my guiding light. It has a responsive doubt solving team which solves & provides good solutions for your queries within 24 hours. Eduncle Mentorship Services guides you step by step regarding your syllabus, books to be used to study a subject, weightage, important stuff, etc.
The General Aptitude part of Eduncle study materials were very good and helpful. Chapters of the Earth Science were also very satisfactory.
The study material of Eduncle helps me a lot. The unit wise questions and test series were helpful. It helped me to clear my doubts. When I could not understand a topic, the faculty support too was good. Thanks Eduncle.
I recommend Eduncle study material & services are best to crack UGC-NET exam because the material is developed by subject experts. Eduncle material consists a good no. of ques with online test series & mock test papers.
I am truly Statisfied with study material of Eduncle.com for English their practise test paper was really awsome because it helped me to crack GSET before NET. Thanks Team of eduncle.
Request a Call back
Let Our Mentors Help You With the Best Guidance
We have Received Your Query
Are you sure you want to Unfollow ?
How can we assist you?
Oops! You Can’t Unfollow Your Default Category.
Your profile has been successfully submitted
Kindly give us 1 - 3 week to review your profile. In case of any query, write to us at [email protected]
Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow , the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Academia Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for academics and those enrolled in higher education. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Q&A for work
Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search.
How do you judge an Indian CGPA score?
Let's start with background: I'm European, don't know much about undergrad educational systems, and especially grading, outside my own area. So, I receive a CV from an Indian undergrad with the following section:
Now, I have no idea whether the scores displayed here are dismal, average, good or excellent. Wikipedia doesn't know what CGPA is, except in Nepal (and the student in case was not educated in Nepal), so I turn to you, Academia Stack Exchange, to help me solve this riddle!
10 Answers 10
Two factors can be used to get a broad idea about an Indian engineering student - one is the college and the second is the CGPA.
The Indian Institute of Science and Indian institutes of technology are top technical institutions in the country. Of late, multiple IITs have been set up, leading to (arguably) diminishing quality. The original seven IITs boast of excellent faculty in most departments and are understood to be better than the newer ones.
Besides, there are regional colleges like National Institutes of Technology and Anna University and BITS which are also among the top engineering colleges in the country.
Grading System :
Most of the above colleges use the CGPA system for grading. Students are awarded grades ranging from S (=10) to D (=6) in various courses that they enroll over a period of 4 years. In a course, the top performers could expect an S, the students who have scored 80%-90% could score an A and so on. Obviously, the exact grades depend on the instructor and the overall performance. A student that scores S in all his courses over 4 years ends up with the perfect CGPA of 10.0. A 9-10 CGPA indicates mostly excellent track record and so on.
It should be clear that the CV in the question reflects a mediocre score in a top college.
- 2 The IIT in question is Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar . Out of caution, I hid all information that could lead to identification on the CV, but given the size of the place I don't think revealing it threatens the anonymity of the question… – F'x Apr 24, 2013 at 10:50
- 18 @F'x: It is one of the newer IITs which are finding it particularly difficult to attract good faculty. With this info, the last line in my answer should be "mediocre score in a mediocre college." :) – Bravo Apr 24, 2013 at 10:56
- 4 @F'x I agree with Bravo except for the fact that IIT-B is "mediocre". It is still quite good in comparison with other universities in India. – user107 Apr 24, 2013 at 16:47
- 6 I disagree with Nunoxic above. IIT B is a new university and hasn't proved itself in terms of research and teaching versus many other non-"Indian Institutes of X". I argue that it has the potential to do well but until then is quite in the middle of the pack. – Shion Apr 24, 2013 at 18:39
- 3 I too disagree with Nunoxic above. Not only is it spankin' new (i.e. a university made up from thin air 5 years ago), it hasn't even gained any reputation in terms of academic output, research, etc. So far, it is just riding on the coattails of the original 5 IITs, which definitely are top class. – user6431 Apr 25, 2013 at 0:11
I'm from India and I must say that getting into IIT's is a pretty much of a big deal here. You can be sure of the fact that the kid is hard working. But a GPA of 6.96 ~ 7 is Okay-ish. Average. 9-10 is brilliant. 8-9 is about average and very good. You can ask what other things he excel in. Extra activities he participate in etc..etc.. Report cards don't show someone's potential. Do they?
Source: http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-convert-indian-gpa-percentage-to-us-4-pt-gpa-scale-124249.html This has some detailed insights into the CGPA and the method.
Hope this helps.
- 7 Your source cites wes.org/gradeconversionguide/index.asp as source. According to this page it is more like: 70-100 -> A in US, 50-69 -> B in US, 35*-49 -> C in US, 0-32 -> F in US. (Maybe it changed since last year...) – fabianfuchs Nov 16, 2015 at 9:23
I completely agree with all the answers that an Indian student can be judged keeping in mind both the college and the grades. IIT's (Indian Institute of Technology) are among the best schools of India. For the grading scheme however, the following guide is issued by the University Grants Commission(India) which is in charge of the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India.
The Universities can decide on the grade or percentage of marks required to pass in a course and also the CGPA required to qualify for a degree. You might also see some students mentioning their SGPA. This is how CGPA and SGPA is generally computed:
Computation of SGPA and CGPA
The SGPA is the ratio of sum of the product of the number of credits with the grade points scored by a student in all the courses taken by a student and the sum of the number of credits of all the courses undergone by a student, i.e
SGPA (Si) = ∑(Ci x Gi) / ∑Ci
where Ci is the number of credits of the ith course and Gi is the grade point scored by the student in the ith course.
The CGPA is also calculated in the same manner taking into account all the courses undergone by a student over all the semesters of a programme, i.e.
CGPA = ∑(Ci x Si) / ∑ Ci
where Si is the SGPA of the ith semester and Ci is the total number of credits in that semester.
Illustration of Computation of SGPA and CGPA and Format for Transcript
Ilustration for SGPA
Thus, SGPA =139/20 =6.95
Illustration for CGPA
In my experience at a top European university, many grades even from top tier Indian universities don't have the same explanatory power as grades from European or American universities.
We regularly got applications with grades in the 9-10 ranges and 99.x percentile scores. However, many students we interviewed were not up to our standards. Basic knowledge even in core topics such as programming, cs theory, mathematics and statistics was lacking, and while we noticed that many 'famous' algorithms could be reproduced, tasks involving writing new algorithms for specific problems were generally not solved or solved inadequately.
Of course, the sample size was not large enough to form a proper sample, and there might have been a selection bias in what students even applied for a position with us. Still, all other things equal, I would rate an 9-10 / 99.x grade from a good Indian university about on par with at most a 'cum laude' degree (non-magna/summa) from a good European university.
My conclusion therefore is to invest additional efforts into the interview and selection process , and I would suggest to not consider any mid-range marks as in the application in question .
CGPA or Cumulative Grade Point Average should be considered in relation to the class curve. If we assume that the top edge of the curve denotes 8.2, then we should preclude that 6.96 as B+. And if we try to calculate this to the US GPA, 6.96/10.0 would co-relate to 3.3/4.0.
Yes IITs are good technical institutions in India. But you can't recruit a person simply because he came from a good college. He should possess the skills required for your job. That's the main thing you should look for rather on his background.
I would like to say that getting a good grade in IIT is very challenging. A 7 grader would be comparable to a 8.5 or even 9 grader in private colleges. IITs are not made by its faculties (which many IITs are facing shortage of and also of quality) or infrastructure but by students.
IITs (the original 5 at Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Madras, Kharagpur) are the best UG institutes in India bar none. There are more now but they don't have as good a reputation as the first 4 in the original list (Kharagpur has lagged somewhat recently). If this person is from one got an All India Rank under the General Category (not under any reservation/quota scheme) then you can be assured that he has raw intelligence and smarts.
Some IITs are notorious for rigorous grading very unlike ivy leagues in the US where grade inflation is rampant. GPA of 6.96 is mediocre but if it's in a hard stream such as Electrical Engineering or Comp Sci then it may not be that bad (one has to obtain an All India Rank within top 300-400 kids from all over India to obtain admission to these stream in the first 4 IITs). The peer group is simply extraordinarily competitive -- think of hand picking top few hundred students out of a country of billion and have them take tests under a common roof.
- @MonkyPanda You had a suggested edit which suggested that the sentence " If this person is from one got an All India Rank under the General Category (not under any reservation/quota scheme) then you can be assured that he has raw intelligence and smarts. " is " Totally wrong about quota scheme " in Edit Summary. Would you please explain? – Nobody Jul 2, 2022 at 3:47
All schools are not same. Getting into IIT is very very tough. A CGPA of 6 is not the same ( simply because the cohort is far more competitive with an acceptance rate of 1%-2% esp at the 5 IITs) as CGPA of 6 at another school.
I presume one can easily search about the quality of the university and its faculty through the internet.
The problem might be how to interpret the score. In such cases, it is best to ask the student for an official transript.
Official transcripts usually have all the information about how grading is done. It will describe the grading scale (e.g. 4-10), whether any courses are just pass/fail, whether there's some "exceptional" grade, and what does a grade number X usually mean.
Once you get a sizeable number of applications from such a university, you can interpret the results for yourself.
- 1 Sorry, but this doesn’t seem to answer the question, because a transcript doesn’t usually tell you if that grade is good or not for a certain university. – Massimo Ortolano ♦ Jan 13 at 22:37
You must log in to answer this question.
Not the answer you're looking for browse other questions tagged grading india ..
- Featured on Meta
- We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup
- Planned Maintenance scheduled March 2nd, 2023 at 01:00 AM UTC (March 1st,...
Hot Network Questions
- The number of distinct words in a sentence
- Did Digital Research clean-room MS-DOS?
- Confusion About Entropy
- Is the Swarming rune very weak?
- Are there conventions to indicate a new item in a list?
- Why was the nose gear of Concorde located so far aft?
- Ackermann Function without Recursion or Stack
- Command line calculator in C
- Economy picking exercise that uses two consecutive upstrokes on the same string
- Condensed vs pyknotic vs consequential
- How to increase the number of CPUs in my computer?
- Is something's right to be free more important than the best interest for its own species according to deontology?
- How to digitize the vector figure?
- Is variance swap long volatility of volatility?
- Checking system vs. SEPA and the like
- How to choose voltage value of capacitors
- What factors changed the Ukrainians' belief in the possibility of a full-scale invasion between Dec 2021 and Feb 2022?
- Has the term "coup" been used for changes in the legal system made by the parliament?
- At what point of what we watch as the MCU movies the branching started?
- Acceleration without force in rotational motion?
- What's the difference between a power rail and a signal line?
- Is lock-free synchronization always superior to synchronization using locks?
- Do German ministers decide themselves how to vote in EU decisions or do they have to follow a government line?
- Can you say 日本のたべもの instead of わしょく?
- JEE Main 2023
- JEE Advanced 2023
- VITEEE 2023
- UPESEAT Exam 2023
- View All Engineering Exams
- Colleges Accepting B.Tech Applications
- Top Engineering Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Engineering Colleges Accepting JEE Main
- Top Engineering Colleges in Hyderabad
- Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
- JEE Main Rank Predictor
- JEE Main College Predictor
- GATE College Predictor with PSU Chances
- AP EAMCET College Predictor
- TS EAMCET College Predictor
- KEAM College Predictor
- View All College Predictors
- JEE Advanced College Predictor
- JEE Main online Preparation
- JOSAA Counselling 2022
- FREE Previous Year Sample Papers
- GATE Result 2023
- VITEEE Application Form 2023
- Compare Colleges
- B.Tech College Applications
- JEE Main 2023 Application Form
- UPESMET 2023
- KIITEE 2023
- View All Management Exams
Colleges & Courses
- MBA College Admissions
- MBA Colleges in India
- Top MBA Colleges in India
- Top Online MBA Colleges in India
- CAT Result 2022
- BBA Colleges in India
- CAT Percentile Predictor 2023
- CAT 2023 College Predictor
- XAT College Predictor 2023
- CMAT College Predictor 2023
- SNAP College Predictor 2022
- MAT College Predictor 2022
- NMAT College Predictor
- CMAT Registration 2023
- Download Helpful Ebooks
- List of Popular Branches
- QnA - Get answers to your doubts
- IIM Shortlist 2022
- IIM Fees Structure 2022
- XAT Exam 2023 Live
- NEET PG 2023
- NEET MDS 2023
- INI CET 2023
- AIIMS Nursing
- Top Medical Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges in India accepting NEET Score
- Medical Colleges accepting NEET
- List of Medical Colleges in India
- Medical Colleges In Karnataka
- Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Medical Colleges in India Accepting NEET PG
- NEET College Predictor
- NEET PG College Predictor
- NEET MDS College Predictor
- DNB CET College Predictor
- DNB PDCET College Predictor
- NEET 2022 Counselling
- NEET 2022 Result
- NEET Cut off 2022
- NEET Application Form 2023
- NEET Online Preparation
- NEET Question Papers
- Download Helpful E-books
- TS LAWCET 2023
- MH CET 2023
- LSAT India 2023
- Colleges Accepting Admissions
- Top Law Colleges in India
- Law College Accepting CLAT Score
- List of Law Colleges in India
- Top Law Colleges in Delhi
- Top Law Collages in Indore
- Top Law Colleges in Chandigarh
- Top Law Collages in Lucknow
Predictors & E-Books
- CLAT College Predictor
- MHCET Law ( 5 Year L.L.B) College Predictor
- AILET College Predictor
- Sample Papers
- Compare Law Collages
- Careers360 Youtube Channel
- CLAT Admit Card 2023
- AILET Admit Card 2023
- SLAT Application Form 2023
- CLAT 2023 Exam Live
- NID DAT 2023
- UPES DAT 2023
- Animation Courses in India
- Animation Courses in Bangalore
- Animation Courses in Mumbai
- Animation Courses in Pune
- Animation Courses in Chennai
- Animation Courses in Hyderabad
- Design Colleges in India
- Fashion Design Colleges in Bangalore
- Fashion Design Colleges in Mumbai
- Fashion Design Colleges in Pune
- Fashion Design Colleges in Delhi
- Fashion Design Colleges in Hyderabad
- Fashion Design Colleges in India
- Top Design Colleges in India
- Free Sample Papers
- Free Design E-books
- List of Branches
- Careers360 Youtube channel
- NIFT College Predictor
- IPU CET BJMC
- JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- IIMC Entrance Exam
- Media & Journalism colleges in Delhi
- Media & Journalism colleges in Bangalore
- Media & Journalism colleges in Mumbai
- List of Media & Journalism Colleges in India
- Free Ebooks
- CA Intermediate
- CA Foundation
- CS Executive
- CS Professional
- Difference between CA and CS
- Difference between CA and CMA
- CA Full form
- CMA Full form
- CS Full form
- CA Salary In India
Top Courses & Careers
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Company Secretary
- Cost Accountant
- Charted Accountant
- Credit Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Top Commerce Colleges in India
- Top Government Commerce Colleges in India
- Top Private Commerce Colleges in India
- Top M.Com Colleges in Mumbai
- Top B.Com Colleges in India
- IT Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- IT Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
- MCA Colleges in India
- BCA Colleges in India
- Information Technology Courses
- Programming Courses
- Web Development Courses
- Data Analytics Courses
- Big Data Analytics Courses
- RUHS Pharmacy Admission Test
- UPESPAT 2022
- UPESPAT 2023
- Top Pharmacy Colleges in India 2022
- Pharmacy Colleges in Pune
- Pharmacy Colleges in Mumbai
- Colleges Accepting GPAT Score
- Pharmacy Colleges in Lucknow
- List of Pharmacy Colleges in Nagpur
- GPAT Question Papers
- GPAT Result
- NIPER JEE Admit Card
- NCHMCT JEE 2023
- Mah BHMCT CET
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Delhi
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Hyderabad
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Maharashtra
- B.Sc Hotel Management
- Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Top Diploma Colleges in Maharashtra
- UPSC IAS 2023
- SSC CGL 2023
- SBI PO 2022
- Previous Year Sample Papers
- Free Competition E-books
- Sarkari Result
- QnA- Get your doubts answered
- UPSC Previous Year Sample Papers
- CTET Previous Year Sample Papers
- SBI Clerk Previous Year Sample Papers
- NDA Previous Year Sample Papers
- UGC NET Admit Card 2023
- SBI PO Result (Mains)
- IBPS SO Admit Card 2022
- SSC CGL Admit Card 2023
- SSC CHSL Admit Card 2023
- AFCAT Admit Card 2023
- UPTET Notification 2022
- CTET Result 2022
- SSC CHSL 2023
- UP PCS 2022
- UGC NET 2023
- RRB NTPC 2022
- IBPS PO 2022
- IBPS Clerk 2022
- SBI Clerk 2022
- CBSE Class 10th
- CBSE Class 12th
- UP Board 10th
- UP Board 12th
- ISC Class 12th
- Bihar Board 12th
- Bihar Board 10th
- Top Schools in India
- Top Schools in Delhi
- Top Schools in Mumbai
- Top Schools in Chennai
- Top Schools in Hyderabad
- Top Schools in Kolkata
- Government Schools in India
- CBSE Schools in India
Products & Resources
- KVPY Test Series
- RD Sharma Solutions
- JEE Main Knockout April
- Sainik School Admission
- CBSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2023
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11
- NCERT solutions for Class 10
- NCERT solutions for Class 9
- NCERT solutions for Class 8
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7
- Computer Science Colleges
- Business Management Studies Colleges
- Best M.Sc. Colleges
- Top Universities in UK
- Top Universities in Australia
- Study in USA
- Study in UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in Australia
- Study in Ireland
- Study in Germany
- Study in Singapore
- Study in Europe
- Student Visa Canada
- Student Visa UK
- Student Visa USA
- Student Visa Australia
- Student Visa Germany
- Student Visa New Zealand
- Student Visa Ireland
- CUET PG 2023
- IGNOU Admission 2023
- DU Admission 2023
- DUET Exam 2022
- DDU Entrance Exam 2022
- IIT JAM 2023
- ICAR AIEEA Exam 2022
- Universities in India 2023
- Top Universities in India 2022
- Top Universities in Uttar Pradesh 2022
- Top Universities in Bihar 2022
- Top Universities in Madhya Pradesh 2022
- Top Universities in Tamil Nadu 2022
- Central Universities in India
- DU College Predictor 2022
- TISSNET Admit Card 2023
- CUET PG Counselling 2022
- DU SOL Admission 2022
- CUET Mock Test 2023
- CUET Participating Universities 2023
- CUET PG Exam Pattern 2023
- CUET Application Form 2023
- CUET Cut Off 2023
- CUET Exam Date 2023
- CUET Syllabus 2023
- IGNOU Result
- CUET PG Cut off 2022
- E-Books and Sample Papers
- Knockout JEE Main 2022
- Test Series JEE Main 2022
- JEE Main 2022 Rank Booster
- Knockout JEE Main 2022 (Easy Installments)
- Knockout NEET 2022
- Test Series NEET 2022
- Rank Booster NEET 2022
- Knockout NEET 2022 (Easy Installments)
- JEE Main One Month Course
- NEET One Month Course
- IIT JEE Foundation Course
- Knockout BITSAT 2022
- Knockout BITSAT-JEE Main 2022
- Career Guidance Tool
- IT & Software Certification Courses
- Engineering and Architecture Certification Courses
- Programming And Development Certification Courses
- Business and Management Courses
- Marketing Certification Courses
- Health and Fitness Certification Courses
- Design Certification Courses
- Digital Marketing Certification Courses
- Cyber Security Certification Courses
- Artificial Intelligence Certification Courses
- Business Analytics Certification Courses
- Data Science Certification Courses
- Cloud Computing Certification Courses
- Machine Learning Certification Courses
- View All Certification Courses
- UG Degree Courses
- PG Degree Courses
- Short Term Courses
- Free Courses
- Online Degrees and Diplomas
- Expert Reviews
- Compare Courses
- Coursera Courses
- Udemy Courses
- Edx Courses
- Swayam Courses
- upGrad Courses
- Simplilearn Courses
- Great Learning Courses
- Engineering and Architecture
- Management and Business Administration
- Medicine and Allied Sciences
- Animation and Design
- Media, Mass Communication and Journalism
- Finance & Accounts
- Computer Application and IT
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Study Abroad
- Arts, Commerce & Sciences
- Online Courses and Certifications
Access premium articles, webinars, resources to make the best decisions for career, course, exams, scholarships, study abroad and much more with
Plan, Prepare & Make the Best Career Choices
Best Ph.D Universities in India
Featured colleges, vit vellore - vellore institute of technology, vellore, nims university, jaipur, institute type, gender diversity, aau jorhat - assam agricultural university, jorhat.
- Ph.D ( 16 Courses )
- M.Sc. ( 20 Courses )
AIIMS Delhi - All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Ph.D ( 2 Courses )
- D.M. ( 29 Courses )
AKU Patna - Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna
- Ph.D ( 11 Courses )
- M.D. ( 32 Courses )
AMET University Kanathur - Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Kanathur
- Ph.D ( 12 Courses )
- B.E /B.Tech ( 7 Courses )
Filter by State
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Andhra Pradesh
AMU Aligarh - Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- M.A. ( 43 Courses )
ANGRAU Guntur - Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Guntur
- Ph.D ( 1 Course )
- M.Sc. ( 9 Courses )
APGSU Shimla - Alakh Prakash Goyal Shimla University, Shimla
Astu guwahati - assam science and technology university, guwahati.
- B.E /B.Tech ( 10 Courses )
Filter by City
Acsir chennai - academy of scientific and innovative research chennai, ahmedabad university - ahmedabad university, ahmedabad.
- B.A.(Hons) ( 5 Courses )
Alagappa University - Alagappa University, Karaikudi
- Ph.D ( 13 Courses )
- M.Sc. ( 23 Courses )
Allahabad University - University of Allahabad Allahabad
- M.A. ( 24 Courses )
Filter by Exam
Ambedkar university delhi - dr br ambedkar university, delhi.
- M.A. ( 20 Courses )
Amity University Gurgaon - Amity University, Gurugram
- Ph.D ( 7 Courses )
BAMU Aurangabad - Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
- M.A. ( 19 Courses )
BAOU Ahmedabad - Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad
- M.A. ( 5 Courses )
Filter by Branch
- Computer Science Engineering
- General Management
- Agricultural Science
- Computer Science
BBAU Lucknow - Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow
- Ph.D ( 10 Courses )
- M.Sc. ( 22 Courses )
BBDU Lucknow - Babu Banarasi Das University, Lucknow
- M.E /M.Tech. ( 10 Courses )
BCKV Nadia - Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Nadia
- M.Sc. ( 21 Courses )
BITS Pilani - Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Ph.D ( 4 Courses )
- M.E /M.Tech. ( 27 Courses )
Filter by Ownership
Bpsmv sonipat - bhagat phool singh mahila vishwavidyalaya, khanpur kalan.
- M.A. ( 7 Courses )
BPUT Rourkela - Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela
- M.E /M.Tech. ( 4 Courses )
BSAU Chennai - BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Ph.D ( 20 Courses )
- B.E /B.Tech ( 30 Courses )
BU Bhopal - Barkatullah University, Bhopal
- Ph.D ( 15 Courses )
BUEST Baddi - Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technology, Baddi
- M.Pharma ( 5 Courses )
Bangalore University - Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Ph.D ( 3 Courses )
Berhampur University - Berhampur University, Berhampur
- Exams : CSIR UGC NET
- B.A.(Hons) ( 15 Courses )
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (BIT Mesra) - Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- M.E /M.Tech. ( 28 Courses )
Burdwan University - University of Burdwan, Bardhaman
- B.A.(Hons) ( 20 Courses )
CCSHAU Hisar - Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- M.Sc. ( 31 Courses )
CDLU Sirsa - Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa
- M.A. ( 11 Courses )
CMI Chennai - Chennai Mathematical Institute, Chennai
- M.Sc. ( 3 Courses )
CNLU Patna - Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- Exams : UGC NET
CRSU Jind - Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind
- M.A. ( 9 Courses )
CSK HPKV - Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur
- Ph.D ( 6 Courses )
CUK Karnataka - Central University of Karnataka, Gulbarga
Calcutta university - university of calcutta, kolkata.
- M.Sc. ( 8 Courses )
Central University Jammu - Central University of Jammu, Jammu
- Exams : CUET
- M.A. ( 8 Courses )
Chandigarh University - Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Fees : ₹ 7.20 Lakhs
- B.E /B.Tech ( 35 Courses )
Chitkara University Chandigarh - Chitkara University, Patiala
- B.Sc. ( 9 Courses )
Christ University - Christ University, Bangalore
- B.E /B.Tech ( 20 Courses )
DAIICT Gandhinagar - Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar
- Fees : ₹ 3.15 Lakhs
- M.E /M.Tech. ( 6 Courses )
DAVV - Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- M.Sc. ( 15 Courses )
DBATU Lonere - Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere
- B.E /B.Tech ( 9 Courses )
DBRAU Agra - Dr BR Ambedkar University, Agra
- Ph.D ( 5 Courses )
- M.Sc. ( 16 Courses )
DCRUST Murthal - Deen Bandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal
- B.E /B.Tech ( 11 Courses )
DDU Gorakhpur - Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur
Dhsgsu sagar - dr harisingh gour vishwavidyalaya, sagar.
- B.A. ( 22 Courses )
DSU Bangalore - Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore
- B.Sc. ( 10 Courses )
DU Delhi - University of Delhi, Delhi
- M.A. ( 37 Courses )
Upcoming Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Exams
( cuet (ug) ) common university entrance test (ug).
- Application Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Exam Pattern
- Counselling Process
( CUET PG ) Common University Entrance Test (PG)
- Preparation Tips
( APPGCET ) AP Post Graduate Common Entrance Tests
( tiss bat ) tata institute of social sciences bachelor's admission test, ( hsee ) humanities and social sciences entrance examination, pearson undergraduate entrance exam, ( gat-b ) graduate aptitude test-biotechnology, explore on careers360.
- Universities by Location
- Top Law Exams
- Explore Universities
- Universities in Delhi
- Universities in Mumbai
- Universities in Bangalore
- Universities in Hyderabad
- Universities in Pune
- Universities in Jaipur
- Universities in Rajasthan
- Universities in Uttar Pradesh
- Universities in Gujarat
- Universities in Tamil Nadu
- Universities in Maharashtra
- Universities in Madhya Pradesh
- CUET Application Form
- CUET Exam Date
- CUET Eligibility Criteria
- CUET Admit Card
- CUET Exam Pattern
- CUET Syllabus
- CUET Cutoff
- CUET Sample Papers
- CUET Mock Test
- CUET Answer Key
- IGNOU Admission
- IGNOU Registration
- IGNOU Date Sheet
- IGNOU Hall Ticket
- IGNOU Examination Form
- IGNOU Re Registration
- IGNOU Grade Card
- IGNOU Grade Card Calculator
- IGNOU Courses
- JMI Admission
- JMI Eligibility Criteria
- JMI Important Dates
- JMI Application Form
- JMI Courses
- JMI Syllabus
- JMI Exam Centres
- JMI Exam Pattern
- JMI Admit Card
- ICAR AIEEA Application Form
- ICAR AIEEA Admit Card
- ICAR AIEEA Answer Key
- ICAR AIEEA Result
- Colleges Accepting ICAR AIEEA Scores
- ICAR AIEEA Seat Matrix
- ICAR AIEEA Exam Pattern
- ICAR AIEEA Counselling
- ICAR AIEEA Syllabus
- CUET PG Application Form 2022
- CUET Exam Date 2022
- CUET PG Eligibility Criteria 2022
- CUET PG Syllabus 2022
- CUET PG Exam Pattern 2022
- CUET PG Mock Test 2022
- CUET PG Admit Card 2022
- CUET PG Cutoff 2022
- CUET PG Answer Key 2022
- CUET PG Result 2022
- DU PG Admission
- DUET Exam Dates
- DU PG Application Form
- DU PG Eligibility Criteria
- DU PG Important Dates
- DU PG Exam Pattern
- DU PG Admit Card
- DU PG Result
- DU PG Merit List
- DU PG Cutoff
- CPGET Application Form
- CPGET Exam Pattern
- CPGET Eligibility Criteria
- CPGET Exam Date
- CPGET Syllabus
- CPGET Exam Centres
- CPGET Admit Card
- CPGET Answer Key
- CPGET Cutoff
- CPGET Result
- KIITEE Application Form
- KIITEE Important Dates
- KIITEE Exam Pattern
- KIITEE Eligibility Criteria
- KIITEE Sample Papers
- KIITEE Syllabus
- KIITEE Exam Centres
- KIITEE Admit Card
- KIITEE Cutoff
- KIITEE Result
Allahabad University PG Exam
- Allahabad University Admission
- Allahabad University Time Table
- Allahabad University Application Form
- Allahabad University Exam Pattern
- Allahabad University Admit Card
- Allahabad University Syllabus
- Allahabad University Result
- Allahabad University Counselling
- Allahabad University Cutoff
Universities by Degree
- Top B.A. Universities in India 2022
- Top B.Sc.(Hons) Universities in India
- Top B.Com Universities in India 2022
- Top M.A. Universities in India
- Top M.Com Universities in India 2022
- Top Ph.D Universities in India
Universities by Branches
- English Universities in India
- Mathematics Universities in India
- Physics Universities in India
- Chemistry Universities in India
- Computer Applications Universities in India
- General Management Universities in India
Download Careers360 App's
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile
We Appeared in
Create your IDP profile
To continue your research, create your profile with IDP. Your profile allows you to:
- Apply direct to courses and receive a response within the same day
- Shortlist and save courses
- Get the AI course recomendations
- Access our cost of living calculator
Match with universities
Now create a profile
Create a profile and start liking courses. We’ll show you recommendations that match what you’re looking for.
Your password must include
- One upper case letter
- One lower case letter
- One special character
- At least 8 characters
- Want to Study Abroad? Get FREE Counselling Today!
- Study PhD Abroad for Indian Students – Apply now for 2023 Intake !
Scope of studying PhD abroad
A phd abroad is worth every effort and time.
Undertaking research studies abroad is a dream academic plan for a number of international students. PhD or Doctor of Philosophy is the highest academic degree awarded to a student pursuing an advanced study in any particular field. While there are a number of Indian universities that offer a PhD program, pursuing PhD abroad has its fair share of advantages which entice international students. Completing a successful overseas PhD requires much more than just time and money. It takes an immense amount of patience and perseverance.
Get Free Assistance From Our Experts
Why study PhD abroad?
Pursuing your research studies abroad benefit you in more ways than one. Here are the top perks of the same:
- A global network: Doing your PhD outside your home country allows you to meet scholars from across the world and learn from their unique perspectives
- Career advancement: It opens up opportunities for you to gain global skills and the land the most coveted jobs anywhere in the world
- Globally recognised degree: A PhD from top universities abroad adds weight to your CV and is highly respected by employers across the world
- World-class faculty: Top ranking universities abroad have exceptionally skilled and experienced professors
Types of PhD programs
If you enjoy research, then applying for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship a year in advance would be a good move. If teaching interests you, then talking with the Adviser or Department Head is advisable and would help you to progress in academics. Venturing into industries is also a great option for research scientists as there are a number of opportunities available.
While the specific requirements may vary from one university to another, here is what you will typically need:
- Masters degree earned from a recognised university
- Satisfactory GRE scores (you can speak with your IDP counsellor to know how much you will need to score to get into your preferred university)
- Overall score of 6.5 or above on IELTS English proficiency test
You should also keep your letters of recommendation, transcripts, and Statement of Purpose ready for a timely application.
Read more : How to write an SOP | LOR – everything you need to know
Studying in a foreign country can seem expensive. To manage your finances efficiently, it is always a good idea to have a rough idea of how much money you will need.
Read more : Cost of studying abroad
Depending upon the field of study, thesis completion and individual progress, PhD completion may take somewhere between 3 to 10 years. The coursework while pursuing international PhD will comprise of lectures, countless presentations, and extensive research.
There are usually two intakes round the year that most foreign universities and colleges offer – one during the month of January which is the Spring intake and the other during the month of September which is the Fall intake. Some universities may also offer an intake in the month of April which is the Summer intake. Choose your intake based on factors like availability of your preferred program, your chosen institution, academic records, entrance test scores, job opportunities etc. You can always ask your IDP counsellor for guidance on the intake that is right for you.
Find out more about study abroad intakes
How to choose a university?
Choosing the right university is critical for any student aiming to study abroad. Before taking a decision, the key factors that should be considered are course structure, course fee, accommodation cost, university ranking, teaching standards, research activities, career prospects, and whether the degree is recognised or not.
Read more : How to choose where to study abroad
What scholarship options are available for Indian students?
Students can fund their PhD abroad by availing one of the several scholarships that are available:
A PhD abroad opens a new world of career opportunities to you. While in academics, you could continue with your post-doctoral project as researchers or teachers, industrial jobs are an option for science and engineering doctorates. PhD students can also work as consultants, biochemists, medical scientists, etc.
Work visa after course completion
There are a number of visa options that may be of help to you in case you are planning to stay and work in your chosen country:
Earning a PhD abroad is quite an achievement in itself as it takes immense patience and determination. Completing your PhD research demands commitment so make sure you are certain about the subject area and topic you choose. If you feel stuck anywhere, just connect with our international education specialists and we will be happy to guide you.
Book your free counselling session today!
Updated on February 2, 2022
Keep posted, follow us on
Come to our free counselling sessions.
All our counselling sessions are free, and our experienced counsellors help you with the university and course selection, application procedure, offer letters, visa process and pre-departure briefings. We have helped more than 450,000 students find the right course.
Timeline for 2023 intakes
Plan ahead to be study ready. We have mapped an indicative timeline for you to get started and live your study abroad dreams.
- Search for courses
- Find a university
- Find a scholarship
Please select a level of study
Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search
Start typing, choose from the list or hit search
Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search
Please type and select an institution
Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list
Enter a university or school name and select from the list
Got any ideal countries in mind?
Let’s get started
Sign up or login in with one click, sign up or login to save your courses, has been saved to your shortlist, view your shortlist or close this box to continue researching.
- Courses for you
Browser does not support script.
- Executive education
- Study Abroad
- Summer schools
- Online certificate courses
- International students
Meet, visit and discover LSE
Welcome to the country page for India
In 2021, LSE welcomed 516 students from India, 123 at undergraduate level and 393 at graduate level.
If you would like to receive further information about studying at LSE, please register your interest .
LSE is an international community, with over 140 nationalities represented amongst its student body. We celebrate this diversity through everything we do.
Student societies and activities
Your time at LSE is not just about studying. There are plenty of ways to get involved in extracurricular activities . From joining one of over 200 societies, or starting your own society, to volunteering for a local charity, or attending a public lecture by a world-leading figure, there is a lot to choose from.
LSE is based on one campus in the centre of London. Despite the busy feel of the surrounding area, many of the streets around campus are pedestrianised, meaning the campus feels like a real community.
Life in London
London is an exciting, vibrant and colourful city. It's also an academic city, with more than 400,000 university students. Whatever your interests or appetite you will find something to suit your palate and pocket in this truly international capital. Make the most of career opportunities and social activities, theatre, museums, music and more.
London is a great city for students, with plenty of sights, experiences, and opportunities to explore . Contrary to popular belief, London doesn't have to be super expensive: hear about London on a budget .
For more information about living in London, please request our London Life: Tips for students living in the city e-book .
South Asia Society
Cutting across borders within South Asia, the South Asia Society intends to serve as a forum to identify, discuss and influence the development discourse in the region, all the while celebrating unity in diversity.
The India Society is the largest and the most active India-focused society on campus. The society aims to promote Indian culture on campus and celebrate India's major festivals, host Bollywood nights and organise social events regularly. We also host an annual conference called LSE SU India Forum that brings together eminent personalities from India to deliver lectures on the big and contemporary issues in India.
LSESU Hindu Society explores the idea of Dharma through a series of religious, educational, charitable and social events. We hold 2 events per week, so there is definitely something for everyone!
Indian National Student Association
INSA aims to nurture leaders of tomorrow by providing a platform to ideate and discuss pertinent issues that affect India, while keeping students abreast of current events and happenings.
[email protected] Blogs
Follow Indian students Aarya , Aditya , Aishwarya , Ananya , Lavanya , Ragini , Sangeeta and Sanku as they blog about their journey at LSE.
Support during your studies.
There is a wide range of support services and facilities available. You can benefit from academic guidance, language support and personal and professional development . We also provide careers support , pastoral care, counselling and a Disability and Wellbeing service . We encourage you to make the most of these resources to ensure you have the best possible experience during your time at the School.
LSE offers a variety of styles of accommodation with a mix of students; UK and international, men and women. Options include LSE halls of residence, University of London intercollegiate residences and private halls. Or if you're thinking of living in privately rented property, we can also help with finding a place. Find out about accommodation options .
Visas and immigration
If you think you might need a visa to study at LSE, please check our our visa advice information .
What do LSE graduates do?
Find out what our graduates have gone onto to do six months and three years after they graduate on LSE Careers . You can search by degree and department and see information on salaries, industries and more.
Career information by country
LSE has a diverse student body and our graduates work across the globe. According to the most recent graduate destination data, over half of all recent graduates work in the UK, while the rest are spread out across the globe.
Understanding the jobs market and recruitment methods used in the country you want to work in is important for a successful job search. Have a look at LSE Careers' country profiles for more information about opportunities and employers in your home country or another country.
Support for your career
Whether you have a clear idea of what you want to do after your studies or haven’t started thinking about it yet, LSE Careers can help.
We cater our services to match the LSE student makeup including undergraduates and graduates, UK and international students, and people with previous job experience or looking to change careers. Regardless of where you want to work, we can support you. We also have bespoke services for students with disabilities and PhD students, including dedicated careers consultants.
Our services, events, and resources cover finding part-time work; career planning and deciding on a career; enhancing employability skills; gaining work experience; volunteering; starting a business; researching employers, sectors and roles; strengthening CVs, cover letters, and applications; improving interview and assessment centre technique and more.
Once registered on campus you can book careers events, including fairs and seminars, and one-to-one appointments to discuss career options and review your applications.
Assessing your undergraduate application
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified prospective students. We want to recruit students with the very best academic merit, potential and motivation, regardless of their background.
We review each application carefully, taking into account all of the information provided on your UCAS application form, including:
- academic achievement (including predicted and achieved grades)
- subject combinations
- personal statement
- teacher’s reference
- educational circumstances
In terms of academic achievement, our entry requirements vary by programme, and are listed on the individual undergraduate degree programme webpages .
Our entry requirements and usual standard offers for each programme for students applying with GCE A levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) are listed on these pages. We also consider applications from students with a range of other UK qualifications including BTECs, Foundation Courses and Access to HE Diplomas ( see further information on these qualifications ) as well as a wide range of international qualifications.
Below you will find the equivalency of the qualification/s from your country to GCE A levels. If your qualification is not listed, please get in touch with Undergraduate Admissions .
For more information on the application process please see How to apply .
You may need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency at some point, but not when you first submit your application.
Do you still have questions? The knowledge base is the quickest way to receive answers to any questions you may have. If your question is not answered by reference to the knowledge base, you can submit an enquiry to Undergraduate Admissions via the knowledge base.
Competition for places
Competition for places at the School is high. This means that even if you are predicted or if you achieve the grades that meet our usual standard offer, this will not guarantee you an offer of admission. Usual standard offers are intended only as a guide, and in some cases applicants will be asked for grades which differ from this.
Undergraduate entry requirements
Equivalent in indian higher secondary school certificate/standard 12 (from the cbse - including the all india senior school certificate examination - and cisce boards only) with gce a levels.
Applicants studying under other Indian exam boards should have at least 80-85% in each subject, together with one of our other accepted international qualifications .
Assessing your graduate application
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified prospective students. We want to recruit students with the very best academic merit, potential and motivation, regardless of their background.
We review each application carefully, taking into account all of the information provided on your application form, including:
- statement of academic purpose
- two references
In terms of academic achievement, our entry requirements vary by programme, and are listed on the individual graduate degree programme webpages .
See further information on supporting documents
We accept a wide range of international qualifications. Below you will find our general minimum requirements for students from your country. If your qualification or country is not listed, please get in touch with Graduate Admissions .
Please note that requirements listed on these pages are general and some programmes have specific requirements in terms of degree result required and subject background. Many of our quantitative programmes also require that a GRE or GMAT score is submitted. Please see the individual graduate degree programme webpages for specific information.
Do you still have questions? The knowledge base is the quickest way to receive answers to any questions you may have. If your question is not answered by reference to the knowledge base, you can submit an enquiry to Graduate Admissions via the knowledge base.
Graduate entry requirements
Graduate entry requirements for applicants from india, taught master's programmes .
To be considered for admission to a taught master's programme (upper second class equivalent), we would normally require a bachelor's degree (BA, BSc, BCom or BTech) awarded after a minimum of three years of study, or the Bachelor of Medicine with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.3/4, 5/7, 6/8, 7/9 or 8/10. Where there is only a percentage grade available, we require 65 per cent.
To be considered for admission to a taught master's programme (first-class equivalent), we would normally require a bachelor's degree (BA, BSc, BCom or BTEch) awarded after a minimum of three years of study, or the Bachelor of Medicine with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5/4, 5.5/7, 6.5/8, 7.5/9 or 8.5/10.
Research programmes (MPhil/MRes/PhD)
To be considered for admission to a research programme, we would normally require a master's degree MA, MSc or MCom) awarded after a minimum of two years, or a master's in a professional subject awarded after a minimum of one-and-a-half-years) with a CPA/GPA of 3.3/4, 5/7, 6/8, 7/9, or 7.5/10.
Fees and funding
Every student is charged a fee for their programme. For undergraduate students, there is a fee for each year of their programme.
Fees cover registration, teaching, classes and individual supervision, first entry to examinations, the use of the Library and membership of the Students' Union. They also normally cover teaching and the use of student common rooms at other colleges of the University of London, if your programme has intercollegiate arrangements.
Fees do not cover living costs or travel or fieldwork. If you receive an offer, you will be informed of the relevant tuition fee amount in your offer letter.
Fees are fixed each spring for the following session only, and will be published in the Table of Fees .
All queries regarding your fees and fee payments are dealt with by the Fees Office .
Tuition fee amounts
For undergraduate students, the individual tuition fee amount is available on the individual undergraduate degree programme webpages .
For graduate students, tuition fee amounts are listed on the individual graduate degree programme webpages .
In some cases the amount of tuition fees you will need to pay, and any financial support you are eligible for, will depend on whether you are classified as a home or overseas student, otherwise known as your fee status.
LSE assesses your fee status based on guidelines provided by the Department of Education.
Scholarships, bursaries, loans and other funding opportunities
The School recognises that the cost of living in London may be higher than in your home town or country. LSE provides generous financial support to UK and overseas undergraduate and graduate students. Some support is also available from external organisations including the UK government and some overseas governments.
- funding opportunities for undergraduate students
- funding opportunities for graduate students
Experience LSE from home
Our videos, student blogs, vlogs and webinars will help you gain an insight into what it's like to study with us from the comfort of your own home.
Undergraduate Virtual Open Day
Experience our Undergraduate Virtual Open Day wherever you are in the world.
Graduate Virtual Open Day
Experience our Graduate Virtual Open Day wherever you are in the world.
Come on a guided campus tour, attend an undergraduate open day, go on a self-guided tour or request an appointment with a member of the Student Marketing, Recruitment and Study Abroad team. Find out about opportunities to visit LSE .
LSE visits you
Student Marketing, Recruitment and Study Abroad travels throughout the UK and around the world to meet with prospective students. We go to schools, attend education fairs and also hold Destination LSE events: pre-departure events for offer holders. Find details on our upcoming visits .
LSE Events in India
LSE visits India regularly to meet with prospective students.
In 2018 and 2019 LSE has also held information sessions in Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru and New Delhi. LSE held discovery sessions in Kolkata , New Delhi , Chennai , Hyderabad and Mumbai in January and February 2020.
Sign up to our mailing list to hear about our future events near you.
Print or share
[email protected] Blog Read what our student bloggers have to say about life at LSE
Experience LSE from home Take a look at our webinars, videos, student blogs and video diaries
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. Take the first step today
Meet top uk universities from the comfort of your home, here’s your new year gift, one app for all your, study abroad needs, start your journey, track your progress, grow with the community and so much more.
An OTP has been sent to your registered mobile no. Please verify
Thanks for your comment !
Our team will review it before it's shown to our readers.
- PhD in Biotechnology
- Updated on
- Aug 4, 2021
Biotechnology or the art of modern science is concerned with the manipulation, alteration and cloning of genes are done to produce cost-friendly products for the benefits of the society. It is a rapidly growing industry in the world with a bunch of fascinating career opportunities. In the rising field of biotechnology, more and more candidates are now stepping into establishing a career in biotechnology and try their hands on core research. If you are eager to learn about this exciting field of study, then, pursuing a PhD in Biotechnology will be one of the best options. Read through the blog and know about the details of the program.
This Blog Includes:
Phd in biotechnology overview, eligibility criteria , subjects covered in phd in biotechnology , top universities, colleges in india, phd in biotechnology in usa, phd in biotechnology in canada, phd in biotechnology in germany, career and job prospects after phd in biotechnology, scope of phd in biotechnology.
PhD in Biotechnology is designed to teach the student with cutting edge bioengineering techniques to alter the genes to produce valuable goods and products beneficial for the population. The course structure mainly consists of studying research methodology, scientific process, recent trends in biotechnology and bioinformatics to complete the thesis. It is a doctorate level course that takes 3-5 years to complete the program. Some universities also demand candidates to undergo crucial examinations to prove their supremacy in the domain chosen.
If you are planning to pursue a PhD in Biotechnology, you should be familiar with the eligibility criteria for this course. Doctorate degrees in biotechnology expect a candidate to have relevant background in the respective field from a certified school or college. The basic eligibility criteria for admission in PhD in biotechnology are listed below-
- A recognized bachelor’s degree like BTech Biotechnology , BSc Biotechnology or in some other related field
- Candidates must have a masters degree biotechnology or bioinformatics like MSc Biotechnology from any recognised university
- Minimum prescribed score in GRE
- A good score in English proficiency tests like IELTS , TOEFL , etc
- SOP and LOR are required to be eligible for admission
As the course name suggests, most of the subjects covered under PhD in biotechnology are centred towards scientific disciplines of Biology and engineering. Arising from this, there are many interdisciplinary subjects, like Hormone Biochemistry, genetic engineering Molecular Biology and Biochemical Techniques. Here are some of the commonly offered subjects in Phd biotechnology:
Also Read: Medical Science Courses
Being a doctorate course, PhD in biotechnology is offered across numerous leading universities across the world. As Biotechnology is inter-disciplinary and technical, the quality of education offered at a prospective university impacts the student’s overall learning experience, thus you must carefully choose amongst the top universities in the world that are offering this degree. Make sure you do not forget to research about the scholarships for fundings available especially for PhD students as they prove out to be really advantageous during the course. Here are some of the top universities offering PhD biotechnology:
There are various colleges in India that offer PhD in Biotechnology with a number of research opportunities and resources. Here are the top colleges in India that cater to courses for Doctor of Philosophy Biotechnology.
- St. Xavier’s College
- Stella Maris College
- Women’s Christian College
- Kishinchand Chellaram College
- Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women
- Ramaniranjan jhunjhunwala College
- Jaipur National University
- DAV College
- Mount Carmel College
With ample global universities providing excellent training and research opportunities, the USA ranks among the top countries for pursuing a PhD In Biotechnology. Here are the top universities for pursuing PhD in Biotechnology in the USA.
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- University of California – Davis
- The University of Pittsburgh
- Tufts University
- University of California – Berkeley
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Clarkson University
- The University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Texas A and M University-College Station
Canada is another top country for pursuing PhD in Biotechnology with a variety of courses and many research fields to choose from. Here are the top universities for PhD in Biotechnology n Canada.
- University of Ottawa
- Brock University
- Lakehead University
- University of Toronto
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of Calgary
- McGill University
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
Germany has progressed into becoming the best country for technology and its related courses. The country has many leading universities with numerous biotechnology-focused companies and research institutions. Here are the top universities in Germany for PhD in Biotechnology.
- University of Freiburg
- University of Wuerzburg
- Technical University Munich
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Bonn
- Heidelberg University
- University of Muenster
- Technical University Dresden
Earning a PhD in Biotechnology in the advancing field of study, there are a plethora of opportunities that arise for students after they finish the course. You can find a variety of professional profiles in various employment areas such as Bioinformatics, medical field, education sector, agriculture and pharmaceutical companies, etc. But majorly candidates go on to pursuing their research projects. Some of the selected career sectors and job profiles are listed below:
- Biomedical Engineer
- Medical Scientist
- Process Development Scientist
- Biomanufacturing Specialist
- Product Strategist
Biotechnology is a very diverse subject with increasing scope in the industry and has also connected many MNCs. With many discoveries and progress in medicine, the medical field has advanced in clinical testing and introduced novel practices and the production of pharmaceutical products. These are a few sectors that have increased requirements for students who have completed their PhD in Biotechnology in India.
- Bio-processing industries
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environment Control
- Public Funded Laboratories
- Energy Management
- Food Processing
- Dairy Technology
- Waste Management
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Research
With a number of career options in Biotechnology, there is a vast scope for students to cover. However, before pursuing their PhD, it is important that students make their minds about whether they want to complete research or make a career. The average salary for a Doctor of Philosophy Biotechnology in India is ₹607k per year. Given below are a few jobs and their salary after PhD in Biotechnology.
The average starting salary for PhD in Biotechnology is INR 607k p.a.
If you have an inclination towards medicine, biology, technology, or pharmacy, Biotechnology is a suitable option for you with increasing demand in government organizations, private sectors, or clinical laboratories which are expected to increase in future.
USA, UK and Australia are among the top countries for pursuing PhD Biotechnology courses.
You must complete your MSc Biotechnology with a minimum of 50%- 55% and clear the entrance exams.
Thus, we hope this blog was helpful in guiding you about the PhD in Biotechnology. If you are planning to pursue a PhD in Biotechnology but are unsure about selecting the right university, our Leverage Edu experts are just a click away. Sign up for a free career counselling session with us and we will help you explore the best universities as per your preferences and interests!
- How long does a PhD in biology take?
- PhD in Biotechnology inUSA
- What is the salary of biotechnology?
Team Leverage Edu
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Contact no. *
How would you describe this article ?
Please rate this article
We would like to hear more.
Have something on your mind?
Connect With Us
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. take the first step today..
Resend OTP in
Need help with?
UK, Canada, US & More
IELTS, GRE, GMAT & More
Scholarship, Loans & Forex
Which English test are you planning to take?
Which academic test are you planning to take.
Not Sure yet
When are you planning to take the exam?
Already booked my exam slot
Within 2 Months
Want to learn about the test
Which Degree do you wish to pursue?
When do you want to start studying abroad.
What is your budget to study abroad?
Make your study abroad dream a reality in January 2022 with
India's Biggest Virtual University Fair
Essex Direct Admission Day
Why attend .
Don't Miss Out
To be eligible to study a PhD in India, you have to have a Masters degree in a relevant subject, usually with an overall grade of at least 55% (or the equivalent). Candidates will also be expected to have the necessary language skills for their course.
Candidates who want to apply for a PhD in India must have a full-time bachelor's degree. The candidate must have completed a Master's degree (MTech/ MSc/ MA/ MPhil/ MBA). It must be a full-time Master's course from a recognised university by the government. PhD applications from correspondence Master's degree holders are not accepted.
In India, a PhD degree is of high value in job sectors related to academia and is a degree offered to students from various fields by top universities. They aim to provide quality doctoral studies to increase your salary potential and value in the job market.
The Evaluation Division of AIU is vested with the power of according academic equivalence to the degrees obtained from the accredited foreign Boards/universities. The Division provides expert assistance on the status of foreign qualifications to the Students, Universities, Central and State Governments agencies including Ministries of the ...
In India, academic grades are determined using a percentage system and are referred to as GPA or CGPA. Thus, continuous efforts are being made to revamp the educational system which is also visible in the changes made to the grading system in India. Calculating and mentioning the CGPA forms an integral part of the admission process.
And you are looking for a PhD in India? (And please update the question accordingly!) - user151413. Sep 9, 2020 at 14:02. ... (not PhD) who do/did have bad grades during their corresponding undergraduate studies. First, let's quantify what does a bad grade mean: On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), bad grade would be, according to me ...
When it's a DPhil, DBA, EdD or other type of doctorate degree. The traditional PhD (or 'Doctor of Philosophy') is the best-known advanced research qualification, but several other varieties of doctoral degree exist. Some of these are academic qualifications in specific subject areas.
Online submission of JRF application opens on 19th March 2021Last date for online submission: 11th April 2021Last date for submitting printouts of applications submitted online: 21st April 2021Declaration of Stage I result on the ICHR website: 25th May 2021Presentation and Interview (Stage II): June 2021. 10.
Originally Answered: Are PhD thesis graded? Yes they are... In IIT Roorkee India, thesis are send to three reviewers (two from India and one from some other country) and the reviewers grade our thesis (A, B, C grades). C is really dangerous and they may ask you to do some more work. 2 Sponsored by Burnzay Orthopedic Shoes
One can procure various PhD jobs in India in the government sector. 3. Entrepreneur. In today's world, the entrepreneurship sector is growing exponentially. Since information and technology are accessible to everyone, there's a growing shift towards startups, self-employment, and innovation.
IICUT came into existence in 2008 through the evolution of International Institute of Cambodia, founded in 1999. It is fully accredited by the Royal Government of Cambodia as specified in Sub-Decree No. 127ANK.BK. Programs: PhD DBA DCS Accreditation, Recognition and Memberships IU International University of Applied Sciences Germany
The admission process may vary from college to college. Some of the popular Ph.D colleges in India are IITs, IIMs, Delhi University, and private universities like O.P. Jindal Global University, Amity University, Lovely Professional University and others. Apart from Ph.D courses, these colleges offer UG, PG, diploma and M. Phil courses as well.
List of Private Universities offering PhD in 2019-20 First Rank: NIT's ( Best option for PhD in India) Second Rank: Government Universities Third Rank: Private Universities Fourth Ranks: Deemed Universities. Phd Consultant ( A to Z support is their slogan) PhD Admission Meta Consultancy Shodh India Chanakya Research Check for PhD notification.
Industry Authorization fees Rs.2,00,000/3years. Private University/Institution Authorization fees Rs.50,000/3years. STIPEND All full time PhD scholars who are selected for provisional registration during the admission year 2021 onwards will be paid Rs. 25,000/- per month for a maximum period of 3 years.
Know all about PhD Admissions in India 2023. Get details on PhD admission process 2023, PhD entrance exams, PhD eligibility criteria and PhD application procedure. ... PhD scholars must acquire a minimum of 55% of the marks or equivalent grade on the UGC 7-point scale in the course work. VITREE 2023.
A Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD, Ph.D., or DPhil; Latin: philosophiae doctor or doctor philosophiae ) is the most common degree at the highest academic level awarded following a course of study. PhDs are awarded for programs across the whole breadth of academic fields.
Answer (1 of 3): It will vary by university and department. GPA is only one signal programs use to determine whether an applicant is a fit. In general, it is good to have a high GPA, but it is neither necessary nor sufficient to gain admittance. If other signals are strong (a solid SOP, great LO...
Typically, PhD degree course in India takes 2-3 years. But, some universities have the 4-5 years minimum duration in which dissertation phase is complete into 2-3 years. The course fees may vary for different universities in India. The average fee for the PhD course is 50,000 per year.
Students are awarded grades ranging from S (=10) to D (=6) in various courses that they enroll over a period of 4 years. In a course, the top performers could expect an S, the students who have scored 80%-90% could score an A and so on. Obviously, the exact grades depend on the instructor and the overall performance.
Check out the list of top Ph.D Universities in India with courses, fees, cut-off, admission, placement, reviews, ranking, latest news, and more on careers360.com. Engineering and Architecture Management and Business Administration
Although it varies, application fees range between $100-$125 AUD, however the application fee can be waived through IDP. We find a student the right place to study every 15 minutes. Be the next one. Here are answers to your most frequently asked questions.
A-level grade Equivalent in Indian Higher Secondary School Certificate/Standard 12 (from the CBSE - including the All India Senior School Certificate Examination - and CISCE boards only) ... (MPhil/MRes/PhD) To be considered for admission to a research programme, we would normally require a master's degree MA, MSc or MCom) awarded after a ...
Here are the top colleges in India that cater to courses for Doctor of Philosophy Biotechnology. St. Xavier's College Stella Maris College Women's Christian College Kishinchand Chellaram College Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women Ramaniranjan jhunjhunwala College Jaipur National University DAV College Mount Carmel College