Articles on Religious education
Displaying 1 - 20 of 37 articles.
GCSEs: how gender norms influence what young people choose to study at school
Francis Farrell , Edge Hill University
State funds for students at religious schools? Supreme Court says ‘yes’ in Maine case – but consequences could go beyond
Charles J. Russo , University of Dayton
Who are the Jesuits?
Dorian Llywelyn , USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
Trojan Horse Affair: podcast reignites questions about the place of religion in English and Welsh schools
Céline Benoit , Aston University
What do students’ beliefs about God have to do with grades and going to college?
Ilana Horwitz , Tulane University
To tree, or not to tree? How Jewish-Christian families navigate the ‘December Dilemma’
Samira Mehta , University of Colorado Boulder
US Supreme Court gets set to address abortion, guns and religion
Morgan Marietta , UMass Lowell
Hagia Sophia controversy goes beyond Muslim-Christian tensions to treatment of ‘paganism’
Ehaab D. Abdou , Wilfrid Laurier University and Theodore G. Zervas , North Park University
GCSE results: further decline in arts and technical subjects
Paul Smalley , Edge Hill University and David Lundie , Liverpool Hope University
Want a safer world for your children? Teach them about diverse religions and worldviews
Anna Halafoff , Deakin University ; Andrew Singleton , Deakin University ; Gary D Bouma , Monash University , and Mary Lou Rasmussen , Australian National University
How RE teachers see religion – and why it can be bad for pupils
David R. Smith , University of Aberdeen ; Graeme Nixon , University of Aberdeen , and Jo Pearce , UCL
Teaching worldviews could enhance Religious Education in schools
Gladys Ganiel , Queen's University Belfast
What are madrasa schools and what skills do they impart?
Myriam Renaud , University of Chicago
How the Bible helped shape Australian culture
Robyn J. Whitaker
Church outrage over spanking ban aids violence against South Africa’s children
Selina Palm , Stellenbosch University
Religious classes in schools must adapt to fit a changing Australia
Renae Barker , The University of Western Australia
A 147-year -old dispute between church and state spills onto a school playground
Frank S. Ravitch , Michigan State University
How to unlock the value of Islamic ethics in a violent, dangerous world
Nuraan Davids , Stellenbosch University and Yusef Waghid , Stellenbosch University
Future of religious education under threat from drive to make all schools academies
Rob Freathy , University of Exeter and Stephen G. Parker , University of Worcester
As Britain plans to regulate madrasas, let’s understand their history
Farid Panjwani , UCL
- British values
- faith schools
- Religion and society
- Religion in schools
- Religious instruction in schools
- Trojan Horse
Senior Lecturer, The University of Western Australia
Professor of Education and Public Policy, Durham University
Professor of the History of Religion and Education, University of Worcester
Associate Lecturer, University of Notre Dame Australia
Associate Professor in Sociology, Deakin University
Professor, School of Sociology, Australian National University
Lecturer, Education and Sociology, Southern Cross University
Emeritus Professor of Sociology, Monash University
Researcher and Ethics Coordinator, RMIT University
Senior Research Associate, Lancaster University
Associate Professor, School of Criminology, University of Leicester
Professor of Education Research, School of Education, Durham University
Professor, Head of Moray House School of Education and Sport, The University of Edinburgh
Professor in Public Policy and Management, The Open University
Head of the Mediterranean Programme, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute
- Unfollow topic Follow topic
Read our research on: Congress | Economy | Black Americans
Regions & Countries
2. factors linked with religious knowledge.
Religious affiliation is just one of several factors linked with religious knowledge. The survey shows, for example, that religious knowledge is also very closely linked with how many years of schooling a person has received. In addition, a variety of other educational traits – such as making efforts to learn about one’s own religion or other religions, or taking a class about world religions – help to explain differences in religious knowledge.
Another key factor linked to religious knowledge is knowing people who belong to different religious groups: Americans with more religiously diverse social circles tend to know more about religion.
Demographic characteristics also are associated with religious knowledge. Men perform better on the survey than women, whites do better than blacks and Hispanics, and older people score higher than younger people.
This chapter examines differences in knowledge about religion first by education and then by other demographic traits and social connectedness.
More education is linked with more religious knowledge
Scores are lower among respondents with less education. Among people who have some college experience, the average number of correct answers is 14.0. Those who have a high school diploma or less education get 11.0 questions right, on average.
Americans who have taken a class about world religions (in high school or college, for example) answer 17.3 questions right, on average, compared with 12.5 among those who have not taken such a class. Most people who have taken a world religions class (57%) correctly answer more than half of the religious knowledge questions, while just 28% of those who have not taken a world religions class do as well.
And Christians who spend time learning about religions besides their own at least once a month tend to know more about world religions than do Christians who engage with material about other religions less often.
Those who say they know ‘a lot’ about many religions answer more knowledge questions correctly
For example, those who say they know a lot about evangelical Christianity, mainline Protestantism, Catholicism and Mormonism correctly answer more questions about the Bible and Christianity than those who do not know a lot about these religions. Those who say they know a lot about at least three of these religions correctly answer an average of 11.1 out of 14 questions about the Bible and Christianity. By comparison, those who do not know “a lot” about any of these four religions get 5.8 of the 14 questions right, on average.
The same is true for those who say they know a lot about Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism. Those who say they know a lot about three or more of these groups correctly answer 8.3 out of 13 questions about world religions. However, those who do not know “a lot” about Judaism, Islam, Buddhism or Hinduism answer 3.7 questions right, on average.
Overall, those who say they know a lot about at least seven of the groups correctly answer 23.0 of the 32 religious knowledge questions, on average. By comparison, those who say they know “a lot” about three or fewer groups get an average of 13.2 questions right.
Young adults display lower levels of religious knowledge
In addition, men get more questions right, on average, than women (15.5 vs. 13.0). 17 And married people perform better than unmarried people (15.3 vs. 13.1).
Politically, Republicans and those who lean toward the Republican Party (14.8 questions right, on average) score slightly higher than Democrats and Democratic leaners (14.1). This is mainly because Republicans do slightly better than Democrats on the survey’s questions about Christianity and the Bible (8.3 right, on average, among Republicans vs. 7.4 among Democrats). However, differences in levels of religious knowledge by party identification disappear after controlling for other factors more closely associated with religious knowledge ( see Chapter 3 ).
Similarly, while people living in the West (14.8) and Northeast (14.7) score higher, on average, than those who live in the South (13.6), these differences also disappear after controlling for other factors.
Americans with religiously diverse social networks answer more religious knowledge questions correctly
For instance, Americans who say they know a Jewish person are at least twice as likely as those who do not know anyone who is Jewish to answer the survey’s questions about Judaism correctly. For example, more than one-third of those who know someone who is Jewish correctly answer that the Jewish Sabbath begins on Friday (36%), while only 14% of those who do not know someone who is Jewish get this question right.
Similar patterns exist when it comes to knowing someone who is Hindu, Buddhist or atheist, and correctly answering questions about these topics.
Overall, people who have the most religiously diverse social networks tend to answer more religious knowledge questions correctly. For instance, those who say they know people from at least seven of the nine religious groups asked about in the survey answer 19.0 questions right, on average. By comparison, those who know someone from four to six of the religious groups get 14.5 right, and respondents who know someone from three or fewer religious groups answer an average of 8.6 questions correctly.
Churchgoing Christians tend to have more knowledge of the Bible and Christianity
The survey asked respondents several questions about religious commitment, including how often they attend religious services, how important religion is in their lives, and how often they pray. Christians who are religiously observant (that is, those who attend religious services at least weekly, pray daily, or say religion is very important in their lives) earn higher scores on the survey’s questions about the Bible and Christianity than Christians who do these things less often.
But on questions related to other world religions, the relationship between religious commitment and religious knowledge is less clear. For example, Christians who say religion was very important to them when they were growing up correctly answer more questions about world religions (Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Sikhism) than Christians who say religion was not too or not at all important to them as children (4.2 vs. 3.5, on average). And Christians who attend religious services most regularly correctly answer slightly more questions about world religions, on average, than do Christians who seldom or never attend religious services (4.1 and 3.8, respectively). But Christians who say religion is “very important” in their lives correctly answer fewer questions about world religions than Christians who say religion is “not too” or “not at all” important to them.
The survey included too few interviews with members of non-Christian faiths (Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and others) to permit analysis of whether their levels of involvement with their respective faiths are correlated with religious knowledge.
- One possible reason that men correctly answer more religious knowledge questions than women is that men tend to be more likely to guess , even when they are unsure about the correct answer to knowledge questions. ↩
Sign up for our Religion newsletter
Sent weekly on Wednesday
Table of contents, faith among black americans, when americans think about a specific religion, here are some of the first people who come to mind, muslims and islam knowledge quiz, among religious ‘nones,’ atheists and agnostics know the most about religion, u.s. jews know a lot about religion – but other americans know little about judaism, most popular.
About Pew Research Center Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping the world. It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research. Pew Research Center does not take policy positions. It is a subsidiary of The Pew Charitable Trusts .
- How It Works
215 Religion Research Paper Topics for College Students
Studying religion at a college or a university may be a challenging course for any student. This isn’t because religion is always a sensitive issue in society, it is because the study of religion is broad, and crafting religious topics for research papers around them may be further complex for students. This is why sociology of religion research topics and many others are here, all for your use.
As students of a university or a college, it is essential to prepare religious topics for research papers in advance. There are many research paper topics on religion, and this is why the scope of religion remains consistently broad. They extend to the sociology of religion, research paper topics on society, argumentative essay topics, and lots more. All these will be examined in this article. Rather than comb through your books in search of inspiration for your next essay or research paper, you can easily choose a topic for your religious essay or paper from the following recommendations:
World Religion Research Paper Topics
If you want to broaden your scope as a university student to topics across religions of the world, there are religion discussion topics to consider. These topics are not just for discussion in classes, you can craft research around them. Consider:
- The role of myths in shaping the world: Greek myths and their influence on the evolution of European religions
- Modern History: The attitude of modern Europe on the history of their religion
- The connection between religion and science in the medieval and modern world
- The mystery in the books of Dan Brown is nothing but fiction: discuss how mystery shapes religious beliefs
- Theocracy: an examination of theocratic states in contemporary society
- The role of Christianity in the modern world
- The myth surrounding the writing of the Bible
- The concept of religion and patriarchy: examine two religions and how it oppresses women
- People and religion in everyday life: how lifestyle and culture is influenced by religion
- The modern society and the changes in the religious view from the medieval period
- The interdependence of laws and religion is a contemporary thing: what is the role of law in religion and what is the role of religion in law?
- What marked the shift from religion to humanism?
- What do totemism and animalism denote?
- Pre Colonial religion in Africa is savagery and barbaric: discuss
- Cite three religions and express their views on the human soul
- Hinduism influenced Indian culture in ways no religion has: discuss
- Africans are more religious than Europeans who introduced Christian religion to them: discuss
- Account for the evolution of Confucianism and how it shaped Chinese culture to date
- Account for the concept of the history of evolution according to Science and according to a religion and how it influences the ideas of the religious soul
- What is religious education and how can it promote diversity or unity?7
- Workplace and religion: how religion is extended to all facets of life
- The concept of fear in maintaining religious authorities: how authorities in religious places inspire fear for absolute devotion
- Afro-American religion: a study of African religion in America
- The Bible and its role in religions
- Religion is more of emotions than logic
- Choose five religions of the world and study the similarities in their ideas
- The role of religious leaders in combating global terrorism
- Terrorism: the place of religion in promoting violence in the Middle East
- The influence of religion in modern-day politics
- What will the world be like without religion or religious extremists?
- Religion in the growth of communist Russia: how cultural revolution is synonymous with religion
- Religion in the growth of communist China: how cultural revolution is synonymous with religion
- The study of religions and ethnic rivalries in India
- Terrorism in Islam is a comeback to the crusades
- The role of the Thirty Years of War in shaping world diplomacy
- The role of the Thirty Years of War in shaping plurality in Christianity
- The religion and the promotion of economics
- The place of world religions on homosexuality
- Why does a country, the Vatican City, belong to the Catholic Church?
- God and the concept of the supernatural: examine the idea that God is a supernatural being
- The influence of religion in contemporary Japan
- Religion and populism in the modern world
- The difference between mythical creatures and gods
- Polytheism and the possibility of world peace
- Religion and violence in secular societies?
- Warfare and subjugation in the spread of religion
- The policies against migrant in Poland is targeted against Islam
- The role of international organizations in maintaining religious peace
- International terrorist organizations and the decline of order
Research Paper Topics Religion and Society
As a student in a university or MBA student, you may be requested to write an informed paper on sociology and religion. There are many sociology religion research paper topics for these segments although they may be hard to develop. You can choose out of the following topics or rephrase them to suit your research interest:
- The influence of religion on the understanding of morality
- The role of religion in marginalizing the LGBTQ community
- The role of women in religion
- Faith crisis in Christianity and Islamic religions
- The role of colonialism in the spreading of religion: the spread of Christianity and Islam is a mortal sin
- How does religion shape our sexual lifestyle?
- The concept of childhood innocence in religion
- Religion as the object of hope for the poor: how religion is used as a tool for servitude by the elite
- The impact of traditional beliefs in today’s secular societies
- How religion promotes society and how it can destroy it
- The knowledge of religion from the eyes of a sociologist
- Religious pluralism in America: how diverse religions struggle to strive
- Social stratification and its role in shaping religious groups in America
- The concept of organized religion: why the belief in God is not enough to join a religious group
- The family has the biggest influence on religious choices: examine how childhood influences the adult’s religious interests
- Islamophobia in European societies and anti-Semitism in America
- The views of Christianity on interfaith marriage
- The views of Islam on interfaith marriage
- The difference between spirituality and religion
- The role of discipline in maintaining strict religious edicts
- How do people tell others about their religion?
- The features of religion in sociology
- What are the views of Karl Marx on religion?
- What are the views of Frederic Engels on religion?
- Modern Islam: the conflict of pluralism and secularism
- Choose two religions and explore their concepts of divorce
- Governance and religion: how religion is also a tool of control
- The changes in religious ideas with technological evolution
- Theology is the study of God for God, not humans
- The most feared religion: how Islamic extremists became identified as terrorist organizations
- The role of cults in the society: why religious people still have cults affiliations
- The concept of religious inequality in the US
- What does religion say about sexual violence?
Religion Essay Topics
As a college student, you may be required to write an essay on religion or morality. You may need to access a lot of religious essay topics to find inspiration for a topic of your choice. Rather than go through the stress of compiling, you can get more information for better performance from religion topics for research paper like:
- The origin of Jihad in Islam and how it has evolved
- Compare the similarities and differences between Christian and Judaism religions
- The Thirty Years War and the Catholic church
- The Holocaust: historic aggression or a religious war
- Religion is a tool of oppression from the political and economic perspectives
- The concept of patriarchy in religion
- Baptism and synonym to ritual sacrifice
- The life of Jesus Christ and the themes of theology
- The life of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) and the themes of theology
- How can religion be used to promote world peace?
- Analyze how Jesus died and the reason for his death
- Analyze the event of the birth of Christ
- The betrayal of Jesus is merely to fulfill a prophecy
- Does “prophecy” exist anywhere in religion?
- The role of war in promoting religion: how crusades and terrorist attacks shape the modern world
- The concept of Karma: is Karma real?
- Who are the major theorists in religion and what do they say?
- The connection of sociology with religion
- Why must everyone be born again according to Christians?
- What does religious tolerance mean?
- What is the benefit of religion in society?
- What do you understand about free speech and religious tolerance?
- Why did the Church separate from the state?
- The concept of guardian angels in religion
- What do Islam and Christianity say about the end of the world?
- Religion and the purpose of God for man
- The concept of conscience in morality is overrated
- Are there different sects in Christianity?
- What does Islam or Christianity say about suicide?
- What are the reasons for the Protestant Reformation?
- The role of missionaries in propagating Christianity in Africa
- The role of the Catholic church in shaping Christianity
- Do we need an international religious organization to maintain international religious peace?
- Why do people believe in miracles?
Argumentative Essay Topics on Religion
Creating argumentative essay topics on religion may be a daunting exercise regardless of your level. It is more difficult when you don’t know how to start. Your professor could be interested in your critical opinions about international issues bordering on religion, which is why you need to develop sensible topics. You can consider the following research paper topics religion and society for inspiration:
- Religion will dominate humanity: discuss
- All religions of the world dehumanize the woman
- All men are slaves to religion
- Karl Marx was right when he said religion is the return of the repressed, “the sigh of the oppressed creature”: discuss
- Christianity declined in Europe with the Thirty Years War and it separated brothers and sisters of the Christian faith?
- Islamic terrorism is a targeted attack on western culture
- The danger of teen marriage in Islam is more than its benefits
- The church should consider teen marriages for every interested teenager
- Is faith fiction or reality?
- The agape love is restricted to God and God’s love alone
- God: does he exist or is he a fiction dominating the world?
- Prayer works better without medicine: why some churches preach against the use of medicine
- People change religion because they are confused about God: discuss
- The church and the state should be together
- Polygamous marriage is evil and it should be condemned by every religion
- Cloning is abuse against God’s will
- Religious leaders should also be political leaders
- Abortion: a sin against God or control over your body
- Liberty of religious association affects you negatively: discuss
- Religious leaders only care about themselves, not the people
- Everyone should consider agnosticism
- Natural laws are the enemy of religion
- It is good to have more than two faiths in a family
- It is hard for the state to exist without religion
- Religion as a cause of the World War One
- Religion as a tool for capitalists
- Religion doesn’t promote morality, only extremisms
- Marriage: should the people or their religious leaders set the rules?
- Why the modern church should acknowledge the LGBTQ: the fight for true liberalism
- Mere coexistence is not religious tolerance
- The use of candles, incense, etc. in Catholic worship is idolatrous and the same as pagan worship: discuss
- The Christian religion is the same as Islam
Christianity Research Paper Topics on Religion
It doesn’t matter if you’re a Christian or not as you need to develop a range of topics for your essay or project. To create narrow yet all-inclusive research about Christianity in the world today, you can consider research topics online. Rather than rack your head or go through different pages on the internet, consider these:
- Compare and contrast Christian and Islam religions
- Trace the origin of Christianity and the similarity of the beliefs in the contemporary world
- Account for the violent spread of Christianity during the crusades
- Account for the state of Christianity in secular societies
- The analysis of the knowledge of rapture in Christianity
- Choose three contemporary issues and write the response of Christianity on them
- The Catholic church and its role towards the continuance of sexual violence
- The Catholic church and the issues of sexual abuse and scandals
- The history of Christianity in America
- The history of Christianity in Europe
- The impact of Christianity on American slaves
- The belief of Christianity on death, dying, and rapture
- The study of Christianity in the medieval period
- How Christianity influenced the western world
- Christianity: the symbols and their meaning
- Why catholic priests practice celibacy
- Christianity in the Reformation Era
- Discuss the Gnostic Gospels and their distinct historic influence on Christianity
- The catholic church in the Third Reich of Germany
- The difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament
- What the ten commandments say from a theological perspective
- The unpredictable story of Moses
- The revival of Saul to Paul: miracle or what?
- Are there Christian cults in the contemporary world?
- Gender differences in the Christian church: why some churches don’t allow women pastors
- The politics of the Catholic church before the separation of the church and the state
- The controversies around Christian religion and atheism: why many people are leaving the church
- What is the Holy Trinity and what is its role in the church?
- The miracles of the New Testament and its difference from the Old Testament’s
- Why do people question the existence of God?
- God is a spirit: discuss
Islam Research Paper Topics
As a student of the Islamic religion or a Muslim, you may be interested in research on the religion. Numerous Islam research paper topics could be critical in shaping your research paper or essay. These are easy yet profound research paper topics on religion Islam for your essays or papers:
- Islam in the Middle East
- Trace the origin of Islam
- Who are the most important prophets in Islam?
- Discuss the Sunni and other groups of Muslims
- The Five Pillars of Islam are said to be important in Islam, why?
- Discuss the significance of the Holy Month
- Discuss the significance of the Holy Pilgrimage
- The distinctions of the Five Pillars of Islam and the Ten Commandments?
- The controversies around the hijab and the veil
- Western states are denying Muslims: why?
- The role of religious leaders in their advocacy of sexual abuse and violence
- What the Quran says about rape and what does Hadiths say, too?
- Rape: men, not the women roaming the street should be blamed
- What is radicalism in Islam?
- The focus of Islam is to oppress women: discuss
- The political, social, and economic influence of modernity on Islam
- The notable wives of prophet Muhammad and their role in Islam: discuss
- Trace the evolution of Islam in China and the efforts of the government against them
- Religious conflict in Palestine and Israel: how a territorial conflict slowly became a religious war
- The study of social class and the Islamic religion
- Suicide bombers and their belief of honor in death: the beliefs of Islamic jihadists
- Account for the issues of marginalization of women in Muslim marriages
- The role of literature in promoting the fundamentals of Islam: how poetry was used to appeal to a wider audience
- The concept of feminism in Islam and why patriarchy seems to be on a steady rise
- The importance of Hadiths in the comprehension of the Islamic religion
- Does Islam approve of democracy?
- Islamic terrorism and the role of religious leaders
- The relationship of faith in Islam and Christianity: are there differences in the perspectives of faith?
- How the Quran can be used as a tool for religious tolerance and religious intolerance
- The study of Muslims in France: why is there religious isolation and abuse in such a society?
- Islam and western education: what are the issues that have become relevant in recent years?
- Is there a relationship between Islam and Science?
- Western culture: why there are stereotypes against Muslims abroad
- Mythology in Islam: what role does it play in shaping the religion?
- Islam and the belief in the afterlife: are there differences between its beliefs with other religions’?
- Why women are not allowed to take sermons in Islam
Can’t Figure Out Your Religion Paper?
With these religious research paper topics, you’re open to change the words or choose a topic of your choice for your research paper or essay. Writing an essay after finding a topic is relatively easy. Since you have helpful world religion research paper topics, research paper topics on religion and society, religion essay topics, argumentative essay topics on religion, Christianity research paper topics, and Islam research paper topics, you can go online to research different books that discuss the topic of your choice.
However, if you require the assistance of professional academic experts who offer custom academic help, you’ll find them online. There are a few writing help online groups that assist in writing your essays or research paper as fast as possible. You can opt for their service if you’re too busy or unmotivated to write your research paper or essay.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
Interesting Religion Research Paper Topics To Write About
Updated 29 Dec 2022
Religion has been a part of our societies since the beginning of time. From primitive animalistic beliefs to complex polytheistic pantheons, it has changed and evolved to suit our civilizations. This is what makes religion research paper topics so fascinating.
You can go from several approaches when choosing a topic. You can focus on the history of a certain religion, its specifics in terms of beliefs and rituals, how it has impacted the society, its potential future, or focus on the religion systems in general, analyze the differences between them and what might’ve caused them.
While the list of potential religion essay topics is endless, choosing the right one is important. Religion is often an extremely personal matter, so a careless approach might lead to conflict and hurt. Moreover, it is hard to avoid personal bias while talking about religious experiences.
That’s why we offer you this list of relevant topics that are interesting to explore. Choose the one that suits you the most and explore the nature and history of human beliefs.
Choose the Best Religion Topics For a Research Paper
Selecting the right item from the list of religious essay topics can be challenging, so here are some tips that might help you:
- Select a topic you’re at least somewhat interested in – this way it will be easier for you to concentrate on the research and ensure the quality of your work;
- Make sure there are scientific sources related to the topic, and they are not limited to opinion pieces – facts have more weight in the research than opinions;
- Avoid topics that are based on a biased view of a certain religion;
- Avoid attacks and critique of religious leaders and personalities;
- If there are several views on a topic – make sure to cover all of them, or avoid it.
List of 50 Religion Research Paper Topics
The societal impact of organized religion and religious beliefs as a whole is immense. Researching it gives us a glimpse into how human civilization has changed and how our value system has evolved. However, a lot of religious research topics are too complex. So, here are some of the most relevant religion research paper topics you can have fun completing.
- Cultural specifics of religions
- The role of religion in the history of education and science
- Religion and individual from the perspective of social psychology
- Religion in the globalized world
- Religion and crime: forgiveness and punishment
- The political impact of religion
- Beliefs before organized religion
- The importance of religion in political economy
- How does religion change in the context of scientific discovery?
- How can religion be created?
- The role of religion in poetry and literature
- Religion and a media source
- Generational specifics of religions
- Religion and mental health
- Significance of religion in environmental issues
- Who benefits from religion?
- A postmodern take on religions
- Belief systems without gods
- Will religion ever end?
- Common rituals in different religions
- Religions as social glue: communities and nations
- The religion of technology: modern tribal practices
- Religion and space: what we believe lies beyond
- Religion and morality: connected or separate?
- Women and religion
- The role of religion in international relationships
- Religion and medicine
- The importance of sacrifice in religious practices
- How does religion impact family connections?
- The role of religion in forming prejudices
- An evolutionary perspective on religion
- The importance of myths in the modern society
- The role of symbolism in religion
- The history of religion and class structure
- Religion in the Age of Enlightenment
- The types of non-belief
- The role of magic and illusions in religion
- The impact of religion on adolescents and teenagers
- How to disconnect religion and spirituality?
- Is a single world religion possible?
- Comparison between prayer and meditative techniques
- Are religion and rationality mutually exclusive?
- Religion and marriage
- Religion and violence: the impact of religion on revolutions and wars
- Why should religion get special treatment from the government?
- Different views on mortality and post-death experiences
- Religions and demographic processes
- The personality of a religious leader
- Lost religions: why do beliefs die?
- Alien imagery across religions
Essay Examples Relevant to Religion
- Science Vs. Religion
- Religious Concepts
Christianity Research Paper Topics
Christianity is one of the biggest religions around the world, with billions of followers. Its impact on the history of the world cannot be overestimated. So, here are some of the most interesting aspects you can learn more about:
- Christianity branches – well-known and forgotten
- Christianity and colonization
- Christianity and industrialism
- Myth and rituals in the Christian church
- What do we know about Jesus as a historic person?
- Christianity and Imperialism
- Christianity and social tolerance
- Racial differences in Christianity
- History of corruption in Christianity
- The role of the individual in Christianity
Essay Examples Relevant to Christianity
- Jesus Christ
- Christian Worldview
Buddhism Essay Topics
Buddhism is another major ideology that should not be overlooked. Its Eastern roots make it distinctly different from a lot of other religions around the world. So, there is a lot to learn about it, especially if you’re not closely familiar with it:
- Buddhism: foundations and evolution
- Buddhism: religion or philosophy?
- The specifics of Chinese Buddhism
- Buddhism and feminism
- Can Buddhism coexist with science?
- Buddhist take on nature and ecology
- The political impact of Buddhism
- Human rights and Buddhism
- Meditative practices of Buddhism
- Psychoanalysis and Buddhism
Essay Examples Relevant to Buddhism
Theology research paper topics.
Theology applies a scientific approach to religious practices. So, while talking about religion research topics, it’s important to mention the research of theological methods and the history of this branch of science. Here are some of the themes you can consider:
- Principles of systematic theology
- Important theological models
- Postmodern theology and atheism
- Theology of myth and reality
- Theology of love and death
- The concept of narrative in theology
- Theology and philosophy: inseparable sciences
- Ethics from a theocentric perspective
- Political theology
- Religious commentary on rational theology
Save your time with free essay samples on Theology
Islam research topics.
Islam is another major religion that deserves thorough research and careful consideration. The image of it is often demonized in the West, but there is a lot more to it. Here’s what you can write about it:
- Islam: prejudices and misunderstandings
- Civil Islamic practices
- The role of a woman in Islam
- The political impact of Islam
- The history of Islamic civilizations
- Past and future of Islam
- Islam and traditionalism: are they inseparable?
- The problems of legal integration of Islam
- How would the world look without Islam?
- The formation of Islamic image in the West
Essay Examples Relevant to Islam
- Five Pillars of Islam
- History of Islam
Siddhartha Essay Topics
Siddhartha is the birth name of the founder of Buddhism, and it is the name of the novel about the spiritual journey of his contemporary. Both deserve research in the religious and philosophical context:
- Siddhartha: philosophy and fiction
- Siddhartha and the search for enlightenment
- Siddhartha and non-attachment
- Siddhartha: mythological undertones
- Teaching methods in Siddhartha
- Salvation concept in Siddhartha
- Siddhartha and existentialism
Save your time with free essay samples on Siddhartha
Religion systems topics.
- The geographical dependencies of religion systems
- Global cultural models in religious systems
- The impact of religion systems on democracy
- Religion systems in sociology
- Anthropology of modern religious systems
- Dynamics of religion systems
- How do religious systems affect the market?
Save your time with free essay samples on Religion Systems
Advice on how to write a religion essay.
Writing an essay about religion has a lot of pitfalls. If you want to get a good grade on your task, you need to do it right. Here are some tips that might help you write an excellent essay on a religious topic:
- Avoid including personal biases and opinions – criticizing any religion is a slippery slope, but doing it from an emotional or experienced-based standpoint is even worse. Remember that the views and values of one person do not define the views of the whole group;
- Structure your paper – a well-structured paper is easy to read and understand. It will better illustrate your point and will show your organized and systematic approach to research;
- Check your sources for credibility – unfortunately, there are a lot of pseudoscientific opinions and works around religious topics. Even if some of them have certain merit, it is better not to include them in your work;
- Explore your religion research topics from different perspectives – the best way to avoid bias in your research is to present the opinions from opposite sides. This will result in a well-rounded paper that will not claim to know a “single truth”, but rather apply scientific methods to religious research;
- Try to provide the context – religious texts are often complex and filled with symbolism. You can easily find contradicting statements in them, but, in order to present them fairly, you need to provide the context for them. This does not require a retelling of the whole text, but the general situation needs to be mentioned.
If these tips still do not help, we’re ready to assist you. Visit our platform, choose a professional author that suits you, and get help with your religion research paper right now!
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, 100 psychology research topics and guidelines how to use them.
Due to its focus on human behavior and mind from various perspectives, psychology is an incredibly interesting field which can bring immense satisf...
Top Immigration Research Paper Topics Ideas to Choose From
Since the topic of immigration involves more than one discipline, it's necessary to make an interdisciplinary approach to your research by focusing...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
Undertaking a Muslim education – coming to understand the faith’s teachings and its ideas about humanity – can have enormous value for anyone who wishes to tackle social conflicts. April 28, 2016...
College graduates get an average of 18.2 out of 32 religious knowledge questions right, including 18% who answer 25 or more correctly. Within this group, people who have a postgraduate degree do especially well, averaging 19.3 out of 32 questions correct, including one-quarter who answer at least 25 questions right (24%).
You can choose out of the following topics or rephrase them to suit your research interest: The influence of religion on the understanding of morality The role of religion in marginalizing the LGBTQ community The role of women in religion Faith crisis in Christianity and Islamic religions
List of 50 Religion Research Paper Topics The societal impact of organized religion and religious beliefs as a whole is immense. Researching it gives us a glimpse into how human civilization has changed and how our value system has evolved. However, a lot of religious research topics are too complex.