Home > Physical and Mathematical Sciences > Mathematics Education > Theses and Dissertations
Mathematics Education Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2022 2022.
Understanding College Students' Use of Written Feedback in Mathematics , Erin Loraine Carroll
Identity Work to Teach Mathematics for Social Justice , Navy B. Dixon
Developing a Quantitative Understanding of U-Substitution in First-Semester Calculus , Leilani Camille Heaton Fonbuena
The Perception of At-Risk Students on Caring Student-Teacher Relationships and Its Impact on Their Productive Disposition , Brittany Hopper
Structural Reasoning with Rational Expressions , Dana Steinhorst
Student-Created Learning Objects for Mathematics Renewable Assignments: The Potential Value They Bring to the Broader Community , Webster Wong
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Emotional Geographies of Beginning and Veteran Reformed Teachers in Mentor/Mentee Relationships , Emily Joan Adams
You Do Math Like a Girl: How Women Reason Mathematically Outside of Formal and School Mathematics Contexts , Katelyn C. Pyfer
Developing the Definite Integral and Accumulation Function Through Adding Up Pieces: A Hypothetical Learning Trajectory , Brinley Nichole Stevens
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Mathematical Identities of Students with Mathematics Learning Dis/abilities , Emma Lynn Holdaway
Teachers' Mathematical Meanings: Decisions for Teaching Geometric Reflections and Orientation of Figures , Porter Peterson Nielsen
Student Use of Mathematical Content Knowledge During Proof Production , Chelsey Lynn Van de Merwe
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Making Sense of the Equal Sign in Middle School Mathematics , Chelsea Lynn Dickson
Developing Understanding of the Chain Rule, Implicit Differentiation, and Related Rates: Towards a Hypothetical Learning Trajectory Rooted in Nested Multivariation , Haley Paige Jeppson
Secondary Preservice Mathematics Teachers' Curricular Reasoning , Kimber Anne Mathis
“Don’t Say Gay. We Say Dumb or Stupid”: Queering ProspectiveMathematics Teachers’ Discussions , Amy Saunders Ross
Aspects of Engaging Problem Contexts From Students' Perspectives , Tamara Kay Stark
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Addressing Pre-Service Teachers' Misconceptions About Confidence Intervals , Kiya Lynn Eliason
How Teacher Questions Affect the Development of a Potential Hybrid Space in a Classroom with Latina/o Students , Casandra Helen Job
Teacher Graphing Practices for Linear Functions in a Covariation-Based College Algebra Classroom , Konda Jo Luckau
Principles of Productivity Revealed from Secondary Mathematics Teachers' Discussions Around the Productiveness of Teacher Moves in Response to Teachable Moments , Kylie Victoria Palsky
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Curriculum Decisions and Reasoning of Middle School Teachers , Anand Mikel Bernard
Teacher Response to Instances of Student Thinking During Whole Class Discussion , Rachel Marie Bernard
Kyozaikenkyu: An In-Depth Look into Japanese Educators' Daily Planning Practices , Matthew David Melville
Analysis of Differential Equations Applications from the Coordination Class Perspective , Omar Antonio Naranjo Mayorga
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
The Principles of Effective Teaching Student Teachershave the Opportunity to Learn in an AlternativeStudent Teaching Structure , Danielle Rose Divis
Insight into Student Conceptions of Proof , Steven Daniel Lauzon
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Teacher Participation and Motivation inProfessional Development , Krystal A. Hill
Student Evaluation of Mathematical Explanations in anInquiry-Based Mathematics Classroom , Ashley Burgess Hulet
English Learners' Participation in Mathematical Discourse , Lindsay Marie Merrill
Mathematical Interactions between Teachers and Students in the Finnish Mathematics Classroom , Paula Jeffery Prestwich
Parents and the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics , Rebecca Anne Roberts
Examining the Effects of College Algebra on Students' Mathematical Dispositions , Kevin Lee Watson
Problems Faced by Reform Oriented Novice Mathematics Teachers Utilizing a Traditional Curriculum , Tyler Joseph Winiecke
Academic and Peer Status in the Mathematical Life Stories of Students , Carol Ann Wise
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
The Effect of Students' Mathematical Beliefs on Knowledge Transfer , Kristen Adams
Language Use in Mathematics Textbooks Written in English and Spanish , Kailie Ann Bertoch
Teachers' Curricular Reasoning and MKT in the Context of Algebra and Statistics , Kolby J. Gadd
Mathematical Telling in the Context of Teacher Interventions with Collaborative Groups , Brandon Kyle Singleton
An Investigation of How Preservice Teachers Design Mathematical Tasks , Elizabeth Karen Zwahlen
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Student Understanding of Limit and Continuity at a Point: A Look into Four Potentially Problematic Conceptions , Miriam Lynne Amatangelo
Exploring the Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching of Japanese Teachers , Ratu Jared R. T. Bukarau
Comparing Two Different Student Teaching Structures by Analyzing Conversations Between Student Teachers and Their Cooperating Teachers , Niccole Suzette Franc
Professional Development as a Community of Practice and Its Associated Influence on the Induction of a Beginning Mathematics Teacher , Savannah O. Steele
Types of Questions that Comprise a Teacher's Questioning Discourse in a Conceptually-Oriented Classroom , Keilani Stolk
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
Student Teachers' Interactive Decisions with Respect to Student Mathematics Thinking , Jonathan J. Call
Manipulatives and the Growth of Mathematical Understanding , Stacie Joyce Gibbons
Learning Within a Computer-Assisted Instructional Environment: Effects on Multiplication Math Fact Mastery and Self-Efficacy in Elementary-Age Students , Loraine Jones Hanson
Mathematics Teacher Time Allocation , Ashley Martin Jones
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
How Student Positioning Can Lead to Failure in Inquiry-based Classrooms , Kelly Beatrice Campbell
Teachers' Decisions to Use Student Input During Class Discussion , Heather Taylor Toponce
A Conceptual Framework for Student Understanding of Logarithms , Heather Rebecca Ambler Williams
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Growth in Students' Conceptions of Mathematical Induction , John David Gruver
Contextualized Motivation Theory (CMT): Intellectual Passion, Mathematical Need, Social Responsibility, and Personal Agency in Learning Mathematics , Janelle Marie Hart
Thinking on the Brink: Facilitating Student Teachers' Learning Through In-the-Moment Interjections , Travis L. Lemon
Understanding Teachers' Change Towards a Reform-Oriented Mathematics Classroom , Linnae Denise Williams
Theses/Dissertations from 2009 2009
A Comparison of Mathematical Discourse in Online and Face-to-Face Environments , Shawn D. Broderick
The Influence of Risk Taking on Student Creation of Mathematical Meaning: Contextual Risk Theory , Erin Nicole Houghtaling
Uncovering Transformative Experiences: A Case Study of the Transformations Made by one Teacher in a Mathematics Professional Development Program , Rachelle Myler Orsak
Theses/Dissertations from 2008 2008
Student Teacher Knowledge and Its Impact on Task Design , Tenille Cannon
How Eighth-Grade Students Estimate with Fractions , Audrey Linford Hanks
Similar but Different: The Complexities of Students' Mathematical Identities , Diane Skillicorn Hill
Choose Your Words: Refining What Counts as Mathematical Discourse in Students' Negotiation of Meaning for Rate of Change of Volume , Christine Johnson
Mathematics Student Teaching in Japan: A Multi-Case Study , Allison Turley Shwalb
Theses/Dissertations from 2007 2007
Applying Toulmin's Argumentation Framework to Explanations in a Reform Oriented Mathematics Class , Jennifer Alder Brinkerhoff
What Are Some of the Common Traits in the Thought Processes of Undergraduate Students Capable of Creating Proof? , Karen Malina Duff
Probing for Reasons: Presentations, Questions, Phases , Kellyn Nicole Farlow
One Problem, Two Contexts , Danielle L. Gigger
The Main Challenges that a Teacher-in-Transition Faces When Teaching a High School Geometry Class , Greg Brough Henry
Discovering the Derivative Can Be "Invigorating:" Mark's Journey to Understanding Instantaneous Velocity , Charity Ann Gardner Hyer
Theses/Dissertations from 2006 2006
How a Master Teacher Uses Questioning Within a Mathematical Discourse Community , Omel Angel Contreras
Determining High School Geometry Students' Geometric Understanding Using van Hiele Levels: Is There a Difference Between Standards-based Curriculum Students and NonStandards-based Curriculum Students? , Rebekah Loraine Genz
The Nature and Frequency of Mathematical Discussion During Lesson Study That Implemented the CMI Framework , Andrew Ray Glaze
Second Graders' Solution Strategies and Understanding of a Combination Problem , Tiffany Marie Hessing
What Does It Mean To Preservice Mathematics Teachers To Anticipate Student Responses? , Matthew M. Webb
Theses/Dissertations from 2005 2005
Fraction Multiplication and Division Image Change in Pre-Service Elementary Teachers , Jennifer J. Cluff
An Examination of the Role of Writing in Mathematics Instruction , Amy Jeppsen
Theses/Dissertations from 2004 2004
Reasoning About Motion: A Case Study , Tiffini Lynn Glaze
Theses/Dissertations from 2003 2003
An Analysis of the Influence of Lesson Study on Preservice Secondary Mathematics Teachers' View of Self-As Mathematics Expert , Julie Stafford
- Notify me via email or RSS
ScholarsArchive ISSN: 2572-4479
- Scholarly Communication
- Additional Collections
- Academic Research Blog
Hosted by the.
- Harold B. Lee Library
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
LearnTechLib - The Learning & Technology Library
- Popular Articles
- Conference Papers
- Publishing Partners
- Usage Statisics
- Technical Support
- License Agreement
- Digital Library
Dissertations for Mathematics Education
Abel, brian b., the impact of a computer based math instruction program on fifth grade student academic performance on the texas assessment of knowledge and skills in one school district, abramowitz, sarah knapp, a computer-enhanced course in descriptive statistics at the college level: an analysis of student achievement and attitudes, abrego, patricia c., perceptions of campus administrators, teachers, and students on use of interactive videoconferencing for the delivery of high school algebra in selected rural public high schools in south texas, adams, marietta smith, gender differences in the complexity of virtual lego block designs of kindergarten students, adamy, peter hilton, an analysis of factors that influence technology integration by math teacher educators, adleman, kathleen a., problem-solving strategies of young children working on a combinatorics task in a computer environment, adolphson, keith victor, mathematical embodiment through robotics activities, aguilar, darla jean, calculator use in developmental mathematics in a community college, ahn, doehee, an exploratory study into the development of cognitive and metacognitive processes in mathematics problem-solving via computer, aldred, keith gregson, the effects of contextualized technical courses, where mathematics is embedded, situated, and generative, on the mathematics achievement of high school students, alexander, melina, evaluation of mathematics methods online: planning knowledge, classroom applications, and pupil outcomes, alghazo, iman mohammad, a study of the technology competencies of preservice secondary mathematics teachers, al-harthi, hamood k., student-faculty power/knowledge relations: the implications of the internet in mathematics education and social studies education programs at sultan qaboos university, allanson, patricia elizabeth, social mathworking: the effects of online reflection on algebra i students' sense of community and perceived learning, allen, roseann p., algebraic functions in a graphing technology environment: student performance after small group work using teacher-generated versus student-generated examples, allison, tracy michelle hunter, the impact of classroom performance system-based instruction with peer instruction upon student achievement and motivation in eighth grade math students, almekbel, abdullah s. m., the impact of a teacher enhancement program on 7th through 12th grade mathematics instruction with regard to curriculum, technology, and assessment, alshehri, khaled abdullah, the influence of mathematics teachers' knowledge in technology, pedagogy and content (tpack) on their teaching effectiveness in saudi public schools, alzahrani, khalid s., the attitudes of high school mathematics teachers in jeddah, saudi arabia, toward using calculators in teaching mathematics, the effect of incorporating geometer's sketchpad in a high school geometry course to improve conceptual understanding, inductive reasoning, and motivation, sign in or register, sign in using email & password.
Don't have a username/password? Sign up!
Sign in with Facebook
Sign in with Google
Save to Collections
Choose collection(s) to save to:
- General Default Rename to:
Theses and Dissertations (Mathematics Education)
- UnisaIR Home
- College of Education
- Department of Mathematics Education
- By Issue Date
Search within this collection:
The copyright of all items in this collection belongs to the University of South Africa.
- An exploration of learning difficulties experienced by grade 12 learners in euclidean geometry : a case of Ngaka Modiri Molema district Mudhefi, Fungirai ( 2022-08-20 ) The purpose of this study was to investigate the learning difficulties experienced by Grade 12 learners in Euclidean geometry. Despite the efforts exerted in terms of time, material and human resources in the teaching and ...
- The relationship between anxiety, working memory and achievement in mathematics in grade 5 learners : a case study of Tshepisong schools Mnguni, Maria Tebogo ( 2022-01-21 ) This study investigated the relationship between anxiety, working memory and achievement in mathematics in grade 5 learners at Tshepisong schools. A sample of 300 grade 5 learners from Tshepisong schools was selected using ...
- The effects of using a graphic calculator as a cognitive tool in learning grade 10 data handling Rambao, Mpho ( 2022-09 ) The integration of technology in the mathematics classroom is believed to have an influence on how the learners learn and change their perception of mathematics. Therefore, technology tools are developed to enhance the ...
- Integration of ethnomathematics in the teaching of probability in secondary school mathematics in Zimbabwe Turugari, Munamato ( 2022-06 ) Underpinned by the social constructivism theory and the praxis of integrating ethnomathematics in the teaching of probability, this PAR developed a policy framework for facilitating the integration of ethno-mathematics in ...
- Evaluating Grade 10 learners’ change in understanding of similar triangles following a classroom intervention Maweya, Amokelo Given ( 2022 ) Geometry, in particular Euclidean geometry, has been highlighted as a subject in mathematics that presents a variety of challenges to many secondary school learners. Many students struggle to gain appropriate knowledge of ...
- The impact of technology integration in teaching grade 11 Euclidean geometry based on van Hiele’s model Bediako, Adjei ( 2021-10-10 ) This quantitative study reports on the impact of using GeoGebra software to teach Grade 11 geometry through van Hieles’ levels theory, merged with some elements of the Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge framework. ...
- A framework towards improved instruction of probability to grade seven students : a case of South African schools in Mpumalanga province Kodisang, Sophy Mamanyena ( 2022-02-03 ) This empirical phenomenological study explored teachers’ conceptual understanding of probability to gain insights into how this understanding enhanced their instructional classroom practice. The study was motivated by the ...
- The use and effect of Geogebra software in Calculus at Wachemo University, Ethiopia : an investigation Tola Bekene Bedada ( 2021-08 ) With the rapid growth of technology in the 21st century, traditional teaching and learning methods are considered outdated and not suitable for the active learning processes of the constructivist learning approach. The ...
- Exploration of Grade 8 learners’ misconceptions in learning surface area and volume of prisms at a high school in Johannesburg East District Sibanda, Edwin ( 2021-01-29 ) This study was conducted in order to explore Grade 8 learners’ perceptions through misconceptions they display when learning surface area and volume of prisms, which hinder conceptual understanding. A case study was used ...
- Exploring learning difficulties experienced by Grade 9 mathematics learners in understanding 3D shapes in Geometry Kgopane, Khomotso Welcome ( 2021-07 ) This study aimed to explore learning difficulties experienced by Grade 9 Mathematics learners in understanding 3D shapes in Geometry. To achieve that aim, the study focused on achieving three objectives, namely to: identify ...
- Relationship between learners’ proficiency in common and algebraic fractions : a case of grade 10 learners at a Limpopo high school Mangwende, Lina ( 2021-06 ) In Mathematics, the topic of fractions is one of the most difficult topics for both teachers and learners. The primary focus of the study was to examine how pedagogical strategies could be used in the teaching of common ...
- Using ubuntu values to enhance disruptive pedagogies for effective and meaningful teaching of grade 12 Euclidean geometry Chidziva, Justine ( 2021-06 ) Using a convergent mixed-methods parallel research design, this study explored how the use of Ubuntu values can enhance disruptive pedagogies for effective and meaningful teaching of Grade 12 Euclidean geometry. It employed ...
- Exploring the grade 11 mathematics learners' experiences and challenges in solving probability problems in selected Soshanguve schools Zhou, Tinevimbo ( 2019-11 ) This study explored the challenges experienced by Grade 11 mathematics learners in solving probability problems in selected Soshanguve Township Schools in the Gauteng Province of South Africa. The aim of the study was to ...
- Teachers’ perceptions of problem solving in mathematics : a case of Manzini Region in Eswatini Nhlabatsi, Nkosikhona Calvin ( 2019-11 ) Problem solving is an innovative instructional practice currently receiving attention and advocacy in mathematics education. It may support learners to develop knowledge to employ ideas in real world situations. It motivates ...
- Exploring ninth graders' reasoning skills in proving congruent triangles in Ethusini circuit, KwaZulu-Natal Province Mapedzamombe, Norman ( 2020-09 ) Euclidean Geometry is a challenging topic for most of the learners in the secondary schools. A qualitative case study explores the reasoning skills of ninth graders in the proving of congruent triangles in their natural ...
- An exploration of mathematical knowledge for teaching for Grade 6 teachers in the teaching of fractions : a case study of three schools in Capricorn South District Moloto, Phuti Margaeret ( 2020-12-24 ) The study aimed to explore teachers’ mathematical knowledge in respect of teaching the concept of fractions to Grade 6 learners. To that end a qualitative study was done, using a case study design. Data were collected ...
- Exploring mathematics learners’ problem-solving skills in circle geometry in South African schools : (a case study of a high school in the Northern Cape Province) Abakah, Fitzgerald ( 2019-10 ) This study examined “problem solving skills in circle geometry concepts in Euclidean Geometry. This study was necessitated by learners’ inability to perform well with regards to Euclidean Geometry in general and Circle ...
- Influence of mathematics vocabulary teaching on primary six learners’ performance in geometry in selected schools in the Greater Accra region of Ghana Orevaoghene, Ngozi Obiageli ( 2020-12 ) The study investigated the strategies used in teaching geometry in primary six as well as the perception of teachers on geometry vocabulary teaching, how geometry vocabularies were taught and, lastly, how the teaching of ...
- Exploring misconceptions of Grade 9 learners in the concept of fractions in a Soweto (township) school Moyo, Methuseli ( 2020-09 ) The study aimed to explore misconceptions that Grade 9 learners at a school in Soweto had concerning the topic of fractions. The study was based on the ideas of constructivism in a bid to understand how learners build on ...
- Exploring learners' understanding of trigonometric functions using GeoGebra software : a case of grade 11 Mathematics learners at a school in Tshwane South District Makandidze, Lancelot Sibanengi ( 2020-05 ) The purpose of this study was to explore the learners’ understanding of trigonometric functions using GeoGebra software. A qualitative case study approach was used with six Grade 11 learners at a school in Tshwane South ...
All of unisair.
- Communities & Collections
- Chidziva, Justine (2)
- Abakah, Fitzgerald (1)
- Adenubi, Adewole Oluseyi (1)
- Akintade, Caleb Ayodele (1)
- Ashebir Sidelil Sebsibe (1)
- Awuah, Francis Kwadwo (1)
- Banjo, Balqis Olawumi (1)
- Bediako, Adjei (1)
- Chigonga, Benard (1)
- Chimuka, Alfred (1)
- ... View More
- Constructivism (9)
- Conceptual understanding (7)
- Problem solving (7)
- GeoGebra (6)
- Geometry (6)
- Conceptual knowledge (5)
- Mathematics (5)
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching (Secondary) (5)
- Van Hiele Model (5)
- 2020 - 2022 (18)
- 2010 - 2019 (53)
- 2000 - 2009 (2)
- 1996 - 1999 (3)
- View Usage Statistics
- University Scholarship Home
- Departments, Schools, Centers & Institutes
Theses and Dissertations-Mathematics
Refine search results.
Search within this collection:
Analyzing Cohort Studies with Left-truncated and Interval-censored Data: A New Model-based Linear Rank-type Test
Mathematicians as Professors: Narrative Accounts of Their Teaching Experiences and Conceptions of Teaching
Construction of a non-standard integral on ac [0, 1] .
On the Axiomatization of Mathematical Understanding: Continuous Functions in the Transition to Topology
Finding the “Best” n-die when Fixing the Sum
Metrization theorems .
Orbit Sizes and the Central Product Group
Describing Students' Analogical Reasoning While Creating Structures in Abstract Algebra
An Alternative Solution Method for Trajectory Optimization for Martian Descent and Landing
Applications of Hypergraphic Matrix Minors via Contributors
Power domination on permutation graphs , on the bounds of the domination number of permutation graphs , extremal cayley graphs , a proposal for making a decision from sample elements of any distribution function , good pairs in extraspecial p-groups , a group-theoretic characterization of m-groups .
Modeling a Causal Relationship Between Poisson Processes
Exploring the Instructional Coherence of Introduction to Fractions in Chinese Classrooms
Transition Between Education and Profession: Experiences of Statisticians
Elementary Preservice Teachers' Conceptions of and Reflections on Student Autonomous Problem-Solving and Mathematical Practices
Show Statistical Information
THE MATH TEACHING GAP: A STUDY OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DIFFERENT LEVELS OF MATHEMATICS TEACHER EFFECTIVENESS AND STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
- March 19, 2019
- Affiliation: School of Education
- Findings from previous studies suggest that the effectiveness of students' teachers can have a significant impact on student achievement outcomes. However, scholars have not updated research on the short- and long-term effects of this experience, nor have they tied the information to highly effective and highly ineffective teachers' beliefs on teaching and learning. Using mixed research methods, I sought answers to the following research questions: Question 1 - Does mathematics teacher effectiveness affect student achievement when compounded over multiple years? Question 2 - What are effective/ineffective mathematics teachers' beliefs about teaching and learning? I first employed quantitative methods to assess the effects of spending three years in a row with highly effective or highly ineffective teachers. When I looked for the short-term effects of these three years that the students experienced, there was a statistically significant difference between entering & exiting achievement across teacher assignment group, with a large effect size. Additionally, there were statistically significant differences of entering & exiting achievement across teacher assignment group for students of differing achievement levels, with large effect sizes. There was no statistically significant effect of teacher assignment group on the change in achievement by entering achievement level. When I looked for the long-term effects of these three years, there were statistically significant differences in students' Algebra I projections by teacher assignment group, as well as statistically significant differences in students' SAT Math projections by teacher assignment group. I then utilized blind, semi-structured interviews with five highly effective teachers and five highly ineffective teachers to compare their views on teaching and learning to (1) the prevailing views of effective teaching in the math wars, and (2) to each other. I found that the highly effective teachers expressed more constructivist views of teaching and learning and the highly ineffective teachers expressed more traditional views. I also found there were distinct characteristics between highly effective and highly ineffective teachers' beliefs, specifically around beliefs on student engagement and responsibility for learning. The quantitative and qualitative results of this study have many implications for policy makers, K-12 teacher professional development and support programs, and teacher preparation programs.
- mathematics education
- teacher beliefs and practices
- teacher effectiveness
- middle school mathematics
- Education and state
- In Copyright
- Glazier, Jocelyn
- White, John
- Mojica, Gemma
- Ryoo, Kihyun (Kelly)
- Scott, Catherine
- Doctor of Philosophy
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Graduate School
- Chapel Hill, NC
- There are no restrictions to this item.
This work has no parents.
Select type of work
Deposit your masters paper, project or other capstone work. Theses will be sent to the CDR automatically via ProQuest and do not need to be deposited.
Scholarly Articles and Book Chapters
Deposit a peer-reviewed article or book chapter. If you would like to deposit a poster, presentation, conference paper or white paper, use the “Scholarly Works” deposit form.
Undergraduate Honors Theses
Deposit your senior honors thesis.
Scholarly Journal, Newsletter or Book
Deposit a complete issue of a scholarly journal, newsletter or book. If you would like to deposit an article or book chapter, use the “Scholarly Articles and Book Chapters” deposit option.
Deposit your dataset. Datasets may be associated with an article or deposited separately.
Deposit your 3D objects, audio, images or video.
Poster, Presentation or Paper
Deposit scholarly works such as posters, presentations, conference papers or white papers. If you would like to deposit a peer-reviewed article or book chapter, use the “Scholarly Articles and Book Chapters” deposit option.
Brigham Young University's open access repository's section for electronic theses and dissertations concerning mathematics education.
Adamy, Peter Hilton. An analysis of factors that influence technology integration by math teacher educators. Ph.D. thesis, University of Virginia.
Recent Submissions · An exploration of learning difficulties experienced by grade 12 learners in euclidean geometry : a case of Ngaka Modiri Molema district .
Analogical reasoning has played a significant role in the development of modern mathematical concepts. Although some perspectives in mathematics education have
This dissertation analyzed survey data to examine whether teachers' beliefs predict students' mindsets and academic skills at the end of the academic year.
A Dissertation presented to the Faculty of the Graduate School. University of Missouri ... strengthened my knowledge of mathematics education research.
THE MATH TEACHING GAP: A STUDY OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DIFFERENT LEVELS OF MATHEMATICS TEACHER EFFECTIVENESS AND STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT.
MATHEMATICS TEACHERS by. SARAH E. DONALDSON. B.A., Covenant College, 1998. M.Ed., The University of Georgia, 2007. A Dissertation Submitted to the Graduate
Three teacher researchers conducted this action research project to increase their 54 high school students' achievements in mathematics.
In this dissertation, the general term of practicum is used, which includes all forms of school-based teacher education. Learners refers to